2009.04.09 Cindy's Deposition #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but it almost seemed to me that when JM said, "and here's what you are going to thank me for..." and proceeded with the faact that it was CINDY that had an oppurtunity to clear her and didn't, there by fueling the fire in the media, when she knew the truth, it almost seems it was a warning that she herself could have a case against her if she wants one. lol

Cindy actually winked at BC at one point after she yelled at JM. She seemed very proud of herself at that time too, almost like it's a game and she thinks she won.
That wink and that nod to BC seemed to implicate BC in a conspiracy to derail the deposition as if to seek BC's approval that she did what she had told him she would do- one-up JM. She is a vile trashy woman.

You are very welcome, I thought he said it well too. I have even wondered about Kathi's last question, will the Anthony's behavior cause the jury to sympathize with Casey ? There have been times, I admit, that I have looked at Cindy and George and felt sorry for Casey. Would I allow that same sympathy to affect a decision regarding Caylee's murder, I don't think so...I hope the jurors don't either.

I honestly don't think the jurors will feel any sympathy for Casey during the criminal phase because of George and Cindy, as Bill S. said. During sentencing, well, that may be another matter. If they put the DP back on the table that could be a mitigating factor. What worries me is that they'll seat a jury primarily of young people who might like to party a lot and who can relate to Casey. Maybe even one of them sent money to her account because he felt sorry for her. These are the things that worry me. After OJ, I take nothing for granted.

I am very new to this case. I have not seen many of CA's previous interviews. I noticed during the deposition that CA's rate of eye-blinking is much slower than what I would think was usual. It made me think that she had taken a relaxant or she was very tired. She seemed to understand all the questions clearly, but her facial reactions even sometimes seems intoxicated to me. Understand, I am not saying she was intoxicated...just trying to ask for opinions about whether she seemed different to you.
Is she always like that...or is this is different demeanor?...Did you see what I am talking about and if so..what do you make of it?

...I thought I would ask you in a new thread but if this should be moved to the deposition thread, please do. :)

Yes and yes.. She has always presented to me as someone abusing Benzo's and possibly (pretty likely, IMO) drinking on them as well. Of course there was no way to verify if she was taking Benzo's back then and it wqas just me talking out my a$$. But after the last doc dump we found that she was indeed prescribed Klonopin (Xanax is the med usually prescribed for short term Benzo use but once the person starts to build up a tolerance or it's apparent Benzo's will be needed longer term, most docs switch to Klonopin. It's not as fast acting but longer lasting).

Though I believe she went off of the medicine she was abusing back in November (ish)- (I can't remember the exact date but it was during the time when Michelle B was their "spokesperson" and they all went on TV together). She was extremely out of it (way more than any of her benzo's high's ever made her and IMO, she was withdrawling from Benzo's at that time. Her behavior improved shortly afterwords... for awhile. I have to be honest, I haven't watched her new videos yet so I don't know if she's at it again but I wouldn't be surprised. I think having to go to court for all these hearings and having to look at Casey knowing what she knows (and she knows, I don't care what she says!) yet supporting her anyway and having Casey ignore her, it has to be very difficult. I don't like the woman and I'm certainly not trying to excuse her behavior but I can't fault her if she needs a hand in getting through a time like this I know I'd wanna numb up. Hell, I'd probably eat the whole bottle and pray for a quick and painless death.

Though I do suspect Cindy has been numbing herself this way for quite some time I have no way of knowing.

I honestly don't think the jurors will feel any sympathy for Casey during the criminal phase because of George and Cindy, as Bill S. said. During sentencing, well, that may be another matter. If they put the DP back on the table that could be a mitigating factor. What worries me is that they'll seat a jury primarily of young people who might like to party a lot and who can relate to Casey. Maybe even one of them sent money to her account because he felt sorry for her. These are the things that worry me. After OJ, I take nothing for granted.

Not even a "partier" can relate to Casey, I assure you.

Sorry if this observation was already posted...but I am still grinning about it!

Cindy - (removes mike)"I'm outa here."
Brad - "Okay, were not walking out."
Cindy - "Okay ask me the last question."
Atty - "You're gonna have to mike up."
Cindy - "I'm NOT mikeing up."
Brad - "We're gonna take a break."

...Back on record - Cindy has the mike on! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

At the very end Cindy gets it?

1 MR. DILL: Let's go off the video record.
2 THE WITNESS: There you go. You want to fight
3 it, go for it. To us, she's Zenaida
4 Fernandez-Gonzalez.
Page 139
CAnthony-rough.txt
5 THE VIDEOGRAPHER: Time is 4:17. We'll go off
6 the record.
7 THE WITNESS: Prove it.
8 MR. MORGAN: I have. I have.
9 MR. CONWAY: Do you know something? This is
10 completely out of hand.
11 THE WITNESS: Because if we were in a
12 courtroom, the judge wouldn't have let you talk to
13 me that way either.
14 MR. MORGAN: Well, you've told the truth at
15 least.
16 THE WITNESS: I always told the truth, Mr.
17 Morgan. I went on TV a while ago and said that it
18 wasn't her.
19 MR. DILL: Off the record.
20 MR. DILL: Now Cindy, take the “f” out of “Zanny the Nanny”
21 THE WITNESS: There is no “f” in “Zanny the Nanny?
22 MR. DILL: That’s what we have been trying to tell you, Cindy!!

B]I will probably have daggers thrown my way for this post... but, I feel it needs to be said ~ [/B]

My emotional mind is appalled at the anger the A's displayed... HOWEVER~ They DID NOT MURDER their darling grand-daughter. so much hatred is spewed their way. ( close to what Casey receives IMO..)

My logical mind ~ I believe their anger stems from this: In no way do THEY want to be responsible for putting their daughter away for murder. I don't care what anyone else thinks about this... THEY don't want to be responsible for it. PERIOD. They are mad because they have to make statements in a deposition for what THEY believe is a frivolous defamation case... BEFORE the murder trial. ( which I bet can be used against Casey in the murder trial (??) ). We may not like it.. but I definately don't think they deserve the hatred they are given for staying with their daughter in this. How can any of us know what this contridiction can mean... losing your grand-daughter .. due to your daughter. It has to make you crazy.

I AM NOT SAYING they should hide anything.. however, I believe the line of questioning was out of line for a defamation case. If this were the murder trial I WOULD HAVE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OPINION.

They are treated horribly in the media, and having watched a friend who's daughter killed her husband.. I know first hand the pain between your loss & the love for a daughter.

The burden that has fallen on these two is unimaginable and I think someone needs to address the fact that they are on the hot coals... not Casey, where it truly belongs.

I say cut them a LITTLE slack. It was a defamation case... not THE murder trial. They DO believe Casey for whatever reason they HAVE to. We may not like it.. but THEY DID NOT KILL THAT BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL...

They State does not need them to convict Casey.. I say for now.. until trial ..leave them alone in their pain.

IMO of course...

Fine, If YOU believe them, YOU, cut them slack, feel free! I'm certainly not going to, I think they are lying manipulative attention *advertiser censored* who CREATED the monster we see before us because of JUST the type of behavior we have seen not only in the depo but every other time they open their mouths. I'm sorry you are unable to see these people for what they are but don't tell others what they see is wrong. Saying that your post is your opinion and then telling us to cut them slack are not one in the same.

Sorry if this observation was already posted...but I am still grinning about it!

Cindy - (removes mike)"I'm outa here."
Brad - "Okay, were not walking out."
Cindy - "Okay ask me the last question."
Atty - "You're gonna have to mike up."
Cindy - "I'm NOT mikeing up."
Brad - "We're gonna take a break."

...Back on record - Cindy has the mike on! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

LOL- She's such an idiot.. didn't she say she'd get him arrested for assault or something too? Even though she had to put the mic on. she still felt she "won" the depo. Yeah, let's defend that kind of behavior! :crazy:

Surely to God by this point, either DC or LA or even CA would have been clever enough to purchase a few prepaid, disposable cell phone?

Even if Casey was speaking to the psychic the whole time they were in the "woods" that doesn't mean it wasn't "set up" over pre-paid phones ahead of time. By now they knew LE was going to check cell phone records. What better way to make the calls look spur of the moment then to call someone out of state on a prepaid and give them the details to be called back to another number at a given time.

No one mentioned his original claim that he was in route to follow up Kio's remarks when he received the first call...

not that I like conspiracy theories...

Even KC's "party crowd" had jobs, rent to pay etc. She didn't even fit in with them!

Her life was a pathetic sham. Lies to suit each occasion.

And a mommy and daddy who knew it yet allowed it to continue by ignoring it, and making up their own lies to cover up her lies.. for YEARS!

LOL- She's such an idiot.. didn't she say she'd get him arrested for assault or something too? Even though she had to put the mic on. she still felt she "won" the depo. Yeah, let's defend that kind of behavior! :crazy:

Oh don't forget this little gem:

Cindy says "go ahead....let him look like an *advertiser censored* on the THING!!!

Uh Hullo...Cindy it is you, my dear, who looks like an *advertiser censored** on the THING!!

Well, I was asking if she seemed oddly slowed down in both her speech and her eye-blinking.

Yes, I noticed this as well. In fact, I thought she would never blink at all sometimes - long pauses between. It just caught my attention and probably because GA's flutters his lashes so many times before answering anything.

That's not really true - we tend to allow the witness a lot of latitute because we know the more they explode the more they lose control and the closer we get to them spilling the truth.

Didn't you hear that "Finally" on the tip of his tongue, just dying to jump out of his mouth, when he told Cindy they got the truth out of her?

It was the only time I smiled in 2 hours plus of listening.

Yes, I noticed this as well. In fact, I thought she would never blink at all sometimes - long pauses between. It just caught my attention and probably because GA's flutters his lashes so many times before answering anything.

It is funny to watch when he is lying he cannot keep his eyes open and lashes from fluttering. Need to work on that lying thing GA. You did the same thing on LK Live. :rolleyes:

Yes I remember the OJ trial well, I lost some faith in the system after that one. The thought of even one juror who believes whatever tricks the defense tries to throw out there worries me. I should remind myself that Florida is not California and Casey is definitely not OJ.

I just got back from vacation and watched my DVR so I'm all caught up on the A's depos. First of all, I would like to thank SearchforTruth for posting the link to Bill Schaeffer's analysis of CA's depo. Schaeffer said something that got to the heart of the matter for me. He said that a juror (I'm paraphrasing) would not be sympathetic to the A's if they come off in this manner because their loyalty is not to their dead granddaughter but to the more "sinister" need to protect the killer. I know I'm not saying it exactly but he got it perfectly. The fact that they came off so desperate, particularly CA, will lose them any credibility. She was utterly obnoxious.

Also, even while I believe the jurors won't like at all what they are SAYING (or not saying), the jurors will "see" what their body language is saying and realize when they are telling whoppers. They are going to find out real quickly that normal people don't fancy being lied to (especially when you are under oath).

I noticed that CA had perspiration stains when she lifted her arms. I recall Tom Wolfe's "A Man in Full" and his character who grew "saddlebags" of sweat stains on his shirt during harsh questioning that made him uncomfortable. I wonder if there's any psychological implication to her profuse perspiring.

Either that or she was just working up a sweat chomping on the gum that hard...

Makes you wonder if BC was letting the A's dig their own graves, either because he is in this for himself and fame or, he has had enough of them and is in enough trouble or, he was letting them bash JM by proxy because he wanted to.

LA's attorney did a LOT better job of directing LA than BC did for the A's yet BC seems a lot stronger/better. My estimation of BC started high but it cannot get much lower, he seems like a JB.

BC did not do his clients any favors by not intervening and directing them better -- guess he did not want to play with 'fire' on video.

Or he has given up, he knows a lost cause when it bites him on the azz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela