2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was eye opening. Does anyone doubt now that they have it within them to try to throw Jesse under the bus? I noticed his badge of the baby on it and I literally had to run to my sink, I was physically ill, that he betrayed her memory this way.

When I was a kid my friends and I were shoplifting on a dare, only my friend was the one who got caught. My dad marched me right up to the store and made me confess that I was there right along with my little friend, and then took me right over to her parents home to tell them the same. About a year later, he received a call that I had skipped class. When we got home he made me dig little holes in the yard with a shovel, at the exact time that all the kids were walking home from school. He told me that if I continue on that path this would be the kind of physical labor job I would be qualified for with no education and no future. I hated him for weeks for embarassing me so! Looking back on it now, I understand the life lessons he taught me; however unorthodox, were character building. I wish George could have been more like my dad. When I grow up I sure hope I will be.

Wow. Just started watching this. I've sat through a couple dozen depos in custody and child abuse cases, including the parents ACCUSED of child abuse, and even their parents. And I have NEVER seen anyone act half so b*tchy as George is acting.

I just want to reach through the screen and SMACK him! :furious:
Smack that lousy smirk off his face!!! :furious:

I hope LE picks him up tonight .. :behindbar

GA gave a whole new meaning to "Family Dysfunction." WOW

Naw, sadly he doesn't. There are "men" like him, families like this everywhere.. ya'll just never been exposed to it is all.

It was eye opening. Does anyone doubt now that they have it within them to try to throw Jesse under the bus? I noticed his badge of the baby on it and I literally had to run to my sink, I was physically ill, that he betrayed her memory this way.

When I was a kid my friends and I were shoplifting on a dare, only my friend was the one who got caught. My dad marched me right up to the store and made me confess that I was there right along with my little friend, and then took me right over to her parents home to tell them the same. About a year later, he received a call that I had skipped class. When we got home he made me dig little holes in the yard with a shovel, at the exact time that all the kids were walking home from school. He told me that if I continue on that path this would be the kind of physical labor job I would be qualified for with no education and no future. I hated him for weeks for embarassing me so! Looking back on it now, I understand the life lessons he taught me; however unorthodox, were character building. I wish George could have been more like my dad. When I grow up I sure hope I will be.

There behavior is not new- we have seen this throughout.

Hey you guys, try youtube, I just found it there, it looks like the audio is better but the picture isn't pretty, it's better than the one we have though. jmo

Ok not true, sorry, it starts out good then does the same thing as the other, stops-starts-stops. Sorry guys.

I haven't been able to watch much for all the skipping, but oh my. :eek:

Depositions are no picnic and I know he doesn't want to be there but cripes, his attitude is ridiculous. He's sure not doing anyone any favors acting like this.

Sure he is, he's doing what Cindy wants him to.

I'm a tad impatient for that one myself.....thanks for the insight into depos...never been to one--so this is new to me---but I would guess telling the truth....??? can something happen due to the lies he has been telling during this?

Yes, he will be proven to be a liar through his own conflicting statements under oath as well as the statements of witnesses. You know, the old "were you lying then, or are you lying now?" Juries are instructed that if they find that a witness has lied about anything under oath, they can disregard the witness' testimony in it's entirety if they choose to do so.

It is impossible to stop someone from lying under oath. Sometimes it is fun to ask the deponent if they understand what "perjury" means to see their reaction. Here, once GA is shown to be a liar, which he is - the jury will lose all sympathy and feel contempt for him as he is lying about the circumstances surrounding the murder of his grandhild which is incomprehensible. Juries want the truth and expect it from the family of the victim. Hearing lies from the murdered baby's grandpa will disgust them.

If George is supposedly so supportive of his daughter, how exactly does he think this deposition will help her? He is uncooperative and evasive!

Its obvious GA lied..we can only expect the same from CA. You'll see by her answers how much they rehearsed the answers with each other before they got there...weeks of CA and GA practicing the questions and answers...Obstruction and perjury for all..(sound like a good book or movie title...lol)

This is all going to have to play out to the end, and then there might be a reckoning if anyone has perjured themselves or given false statements to LE. GA has given sworn testimony to LE, before the GJ and now in a civil case. He will probably be called as a witness at the criminal trial, where Casey is charged with a capital offense. Perjury there would be the most serious degree of felony. A lot will depend on whether the issue is material. All the testimony about the smell in the trunk does seem potentially material and critical to the capital case, IMO.

In the meantime, there can be sanctions, monetary penalties, repeat depos, if they just flaut the rules and behave the way GA is behaving in the civil case. Litigation takes some patience. Repeat that mantra in your head, because this behavior is very hard to watch.

GA: "You guys have torn apart my family so much
7 every single one of you, every single one of you. You
8 don't realize what you've done to us and you don't care."

No George, I'm pretty sure KC took care of tearing your family apart back in July when she murdered your beautiful granddaughter and threw her away like garbage. :slap:

Poor George! I think he had a wardrobe malfunction.
He reached into his closet this morning for his "big boy" pants
and inadvertently grabbed his pizzy little b. britches.

We got the impression George's grand jury testimony was truthful. I respected that. I thought he loved his daughter, but had some principles. Even when he appeared to lie in TV interviews, drove the sign around, and was repeatedly accused of being the family weakling, I still gave him credit for being truthful when it counted, in his police interview and grand jury testimony.

In this deposition, he appears to think he's showing strength. Instead, I think he's now shown the very weakness he's been accused of. He's caved in for Cindy and the killer of his grandchild. He'll lie under oath and there will be no member of Caylee's family who will stand up for her or for the truth.

I can't believe all the lawyers in that room overlooked the fact that technically, George A did NOT take the oath he was asked to take.

In answer to this question, "Do you swear the testimony you are about to give will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

George replied, "I will." He did not say "yes," or "I do." He said "I will," which then begs the question, "when will he do that? How often will he do that in this deposition?

I know, I know--we can presume or assume he meant yes, but lawyers aren't supposed to "presume" or "assume" anything. They're supposed to look for loopholes and either plug them up (ZG's team) or walk through them later (BC).

Call me paranoid, but George has sworn a lot of these oaths already, and I think he deliberately answered evasively and incorrectly.

Well, poot--------thats scary. So, that would hold up in court? He can sit there and say what he wants and they can stop him? I'm loosin grip on this fan. All the azz has to say is "I will" and this whole thang was useless?

Yup, he out and out lied.

I must say I sort of feel vindicated because all through this with everyone saying GA is the only one who cares and who felt so sorry for him after his "suicide" attempt. I thought I must be a mean heartless person because I just thought he was a better actor than the rest of them.

He had so many people feeling so bad for him and saying it is CA fault, she controls him. I have always seen a mean man with a violent side who does just exactly as he pleases. He's just sneakier than CA and LA. But boy oh boy his true colours are showing here.

I hope they cross reference his and CA previous interviews with these and each others. Should be lots of mismatched info.

I say charge the 3 of them for obstruction and let them sit in the pokey for a bit, see if their memories dont' improve.

I dunno, imo he can't act for and I don't find him sneaky at all because he's an idiot and always gives himself away when he lies. I have never been fooled by him I see the type of man he is.. I just don't think suicide is something that anyone should judge if it's a "real" attempt or not. I'm also not convinced George has a violent side, sure, he's mighty angry but a violent man would have lost it months ago. I have anger issues and I know I would have been in jail when the protesters came throwing rocks at the house. Violent people can't keep their anger under control this long.

Just a note to those just tuning in -

I've been updating the first post in this thread with all the deposition video and transcript links I come across as they become available.

Poor George! I think he had a wardrobe malfunction.
He reached into his closet this morning for his "big boy" pants
and inadvertently grabbed his pizzy little b. britches.

He should just wear dresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member