2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, come on! George testified that he had no knowledge of Casey ever taking money from family members?! He had to have known about the check fraud from his mother in law. This is beyond unbelievable. Note to self - buy stock in Tylenol.

Snipped:

A: You guys have torn apart my family so much
7 every single one of you, every single one of you. You
8 don't realize what you've done to us and you don't care.
9 You don't care. And when you say you sympathize and all
10 that kind of stuff, you don't give -- anything about me.
11 You don't care. I hope you never have to go through what
12 I've had to go through. I hope another family member of
13 yours never has to go through what I've had to go
14 through.

Has George EVER said this same exact thing to his beloved daughter, Casey?? Isn't it Casey's fault the family is "torn apart", has no clue what "she's" done, and just doesn't care?? Get a grip on it George! Denial is not flattering!
I'm listening to the depo now and the one thing I really don't get...truly...is why these questions are ticking him off. I don't find them difficult questions. He came in with a really horrible attitude. All he had to do was be truthful.

Oh, come on! George testified that he had no knowledge of Casey ever taking money from family members?! He had to have known about the check fraud from his mother in law. This is beyond unbelievable. Note to self - buy stock in Tylenol.

Not to mention the piggy bank.

I'm listening to the depo now and the one thing I really don't get...truly...is why these questions are ticking him off. I don't find them difficult questions. He came in with a really horrible attitude. All he had to do was be truthful.

I think he and Cindy had a mind set that this was frivolous and the questions held no relevance.

I don't get it either. Of course, I was taught to be cordial and kind to people. He doesn't even need to go into details, a plain yes or no will do and is usually preferred.

Snipped:

A: You guys have torn apart my family so much
7 every single one of you, every single one of you. You
8 don't realize what you've done to us and you don't care.
9 You don't care. And when you say you sympathize and all
10 that kind of stuff, you don't give -- anything about me.
11 You don't care. I hope you never have to go through what
12 I've had to go through. I hope another family member of
13 yours never has to go through what I've had to go
14 through.

Has George EVER said this same exact thing to his beloved daughter, Casey?? Isn't it Casey's fault the family is "torn apart", has no clue what "she's" done, and just doesn't care?? Get a grip on it George! Denial is not flattering!

THat was my very same thought after reading that part. I wonder if he ever said anything like that to Casey. None of us have personally done anything to him and his family. If their daughter hadn't killed her own baby this whole thing never would of happened.

I wanna reach through the screen and smack the crap outta him!

Personally I think George's opportunity to stand up for Caylee came and went on July 15, 2008 at the car storage yard when he got into the driver's seat of the Pontiac, turned the engine on, rolled down the windows and drove away.

I don't get it either. Of course, I was taught to be cordial and kind to people. He doesn't even need to go into details, a plain yes or no will do and is usually preferred.
The attitude really bothers me. He really feels as if he shouldn't have to be there.

I think he and Cindy had a mind set that this was frivolous and the questions held no relevance.

I'm certain you're correct. I'm baffled at how little respect they have for the proceedings. There are no words (least none that I can think of).

I doubt he will act this way during the criminal trial. I think his attitude stemmed from the fact that he felt the whole civil suit was a joke and a waste of his time. I have no doubt in my mind he's gonna try to conjure up all the sympathy he can get when put on the stand. That being said, I do wish these videos come into evidence during the criminal trial (maybe to show conflicting statements) and the jury can see what he's really like.

But, it's a legal proceeding...they may not like it...but let them go change the law. Wow...I just heard the As were being investigated on obstruction charges...not any more...but LE had been on it. Wonder why they stopped?

The attitude really bothers me. He really feels as if he shouldn't have to be there.

His mannerisms during the questioning are really irking me. A lot of sighing, looking away, flitting of the eye lashes. He really is getting bent out of shape. What's going to happen come trial? This is the easier stuff, George. Wait till you hear about what the SA believes your daughter to have done to your grandchild. It's not going to get easier.

Goodness, I just don't get it. He and Cindy are working themselves up more than need be at this point. Yes or No and get the heck out of there. Don't forget that you've sworn to tell the truth. It looks like it's painful for them to be dishonest.

I doubt he will act this way during the criminal trial. I think his attitude stemmed from the fact that he felt the whole civil suit was a joke and a waste of his time. I have no doubt in my mind he's gonna try to conjure up all the sympathy he can get when put on the stand. That being said, I do wish these videos come into evidence during the criminal trial (maybe to show conflicting statements) and the jury can see what he's really like.

RE: Bold part

I think he will. They believe Zanny kidnapped and murdered Caylee. I'm sure it will be a waste.. HUGE waste for them to have to testify in that trial as well.

His mannerisms during the questioning are really irking me. A lot of sighing, looking away, flitting of the eye lashes. He really is getting bent out of shape. What's going to happen come trial? This is the easier stuff, George. Wait till you hear about what the SA believes your daughter to have done to your grandchild. It's not going to get easier.

Goodness, I just don't get it. He and Cindy are working themselves up more than need be at this point. Yes or No and get the heck out of there. Don't forget that you've sworn to tell the truth. It looks like it's painful for them to be dishonest.
They were so worried about the public seeing this and passing judgement. They might as well have put a big red bullseye on their butts.

They were so worried about the public seeing this and passing judgement. They might as well have put a big red bullseye on their butts.

I had a glimmer of hope that one of them would stand up and do the right thing. By being as honest as possible and respecting the court and those involved in today's deposition. Not only did we get to hear more mistruths but we also got to see how much looks seem to matter to the A's. So much so that Casey insisted she had a "10" sitting that sweet child. There's a new show idea for Tyra Banks, - Nanny 10 - where you have to be hot to be a sitter. Blech.

I haven't seen the video. Reading is much faster. I have taken part in at least 1,000 depositions, either asking the questions or representing the deponent. When taking the depo., I loved these kinds of idiot answers. The deponent's attorney would be squirming and shuffling papers and making speaking objections and complaining about relevance and what ever he/she could do to de-rail the line of questioning. They all start sweating, ask for breaks, water, make threats of leaving, etc. because they just can't handle the heat. BUT as soon as you say - "we'll call the judge" oops - all of a sudden now they want to stay, "just get this over with now" and take no breaks.

Typical of people who are lying and are being backed into a corner from which they can not escape, foot in mouth and *** on face.

They could have called the judge at that moment and gotten a ruling. Well, at least we can here.

I can't wait to read CA's depo. Where is it?

Dots, because I always enjoy and respect your opinions, I hope in this instance you'll take the time to watch either part 1 or 2 of GA's depo to get a look at George's all new smug, smirking facial expressions. It's quite unprecedented.

Dots, because I always enjoy and respect your opinions, I hope in this instance you'll take the time to watch either part 1 or 2 of GA's depo to get a look at George's all new smug, smirking facial expressions. It's quite unprecedented.
I'm up to #4 and can't believe what I'm hearing. BC is really failing here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l