• YES

Votes: 481 90.2%
  • NO

Votes: 52 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In MA, we do not have the death penalty. Certain cases deserve the death penalty - some defendants should just be removed totally from using oxygen.
If Casey had just admitted from Day 1 (June 15th or so) that it was an accident then I would almost feel better. Had she shown remorse or a little sorrow but she acted as if Caylee was just a hamster that died or disappeared. We, as a society, have been mourning Caylee's death -- not her mother.

I agree with you...I would only add that she treated the hamsters better and with greater care as they supposedly actually buried them, maybe even a small quaint funeral of sorts. Caylee, a sweet human little girl, was stuffed into trash bags and then a laundry bag and tossed on the side of the road in the woods, left to the elements and wildlife, like a piece of garbage.

I live in Texas. Quoted from comedian, Ron White, we put in an "express lane" for vermin like KC.

I voted no, but only because the DP is not touted as what it really is meant to do: Take the life of a piece of . Even if they said that, I'd still disagree with the DP.

I think along the same lines as abbra. Put the animal into general pop and let 'em take their chances.

I take the idea of "general population" one step further. In my dreams of how things would be if I ran the world, all those convicted of really heinous crimes, esp. those against children, would be sent to "The Island". The Island is an extremely remote outpost, with little to no vegetation, animal or plant life, surrounded by man eating shark infested waters and pirhanas.
The convicted would be dropped off on the island with only the clothes on their back, and informed that the philosophy of the island is "Survival of the Fittest." They are then left, to live (or not live) out the rest of their days as best they can. No one will come to check on them, no one may visit them, and they are now no longer a danger to society, nor are we paying for their continued care or incarceration. Done. Out of sight, out of mind.

I believe this case warrants the DP mainly for the reason that even if the death was caused by stupidty, lack of common sense, etc., and was not intended; the rampant obstruction in the investigation, search and justice; lack of cooperation and forthright assistance exhibited by not only the accused, but her family, leads me to to vote "yes".

previous thread said:
This little item, so little has been made of it, I actually keep forgetting about it. But reading it just now made me remember that as a home health nurse years ago, I told my patients to put their used syringes into an old bottle, like a Tide bottle or milk jug. So that when they threw them in the trash when full, no garbage collection person would accidentally stick themselves on the needles. Maybe this isn't what nurses are telling patients now. But since Cindy works at a home health agency, or maybe from another source, KC might have learned a safe way to discard a syringe. If so, how nice that she remembered to protect herself from a possible bio hazardous materials.

Ouch! I had forgotten about that little item. But a syringe in a bottle is the perfect example of a piece of evidence, if related to the case, that could absolutely prove with 100% certainty that Caylee's death was an intentional act, and thereby almost mandate that the SA put the DP back into play.

If the syringe in the gatordare bottle was in fact a piece of evidence, or had been used on caylee it would include;

- DNA from Caylee on or in the needle. No if's and or butts. They would still be able to determien who was stuck with the needle.

- The contents of the syringe. What drug or chemical? Was it a sedative? etc.

- Contact evidence on the syringe such as fingerprints and dna of whoever handled it.

- contact evidence on the gatorade bottle. Who handled it, how did it get there.

As an example, if the person stuck with the needle portion of the syringe was Caylee, there is no way that could be accidental or unintentional. If the syringe contents showed a strong narcotic or depressent then that to indicates an intentional act to assault or harm the child. No way around it.

I voted yes. But I really want her to be in the general population. I don't think she goes with general population if she is on death row.

I take the idea of "general population" one step further. In my dreams of how things would be if I ran the world, all those convicted of really heinous crimes, esp. those against children, would be sent to "The Island". The Island is an extremely remote outpost, with little to no vegetation, animal or plant life, surrounded by man eating shark infested waters and pirhanas.
The convicted would be dropped off on the island with only the clothes on their back, and informed that the philosophy of the island is "Survival of the Fittest." They are then left, to live (or not live) out the rest of their days as best they can. No one will come to check on them, no one may visit them, and they are now no longer a danger to society, nor are we paying for their continued care or incarceration. Done. Out of sight, out of mind.

Good one, at least maybe ppl would have 2nd thoughts about commiting heinous crimes!

I voted YES b/c as a taxpayer in FL, I agree that the investigation/trial, etc. is expensive but after she's sentenced, she doesn't deserve to sit around while my hard-earned $ is paying for her incarceration. She's a "waste...a huge waste".............of oxygen.

I voted yes. But I really want her to be in the general population. I don't think she goes with general population if she is on death row.

Same here. I would love to have her be in general pop for a little while. But then being solitary with noone around... noone to talk to, to play cards with, to befriend for years and years and years... sounds good to me too.

Well Casey would like that. Remember in her cupid profile she claimed that if she could be on a game show it would be Survivor? That she loves the game and its whole "outwit, outplay, outlast" yeah...

I haven't posted in a very long time but I vote that they "FRY HER". I was appalled when they took the DP off the table in the first place.

YES and Yes from my DH.
Let the Devil deal with her.

Well Casey would like that. Remember in her cupid profile she claimed that if she could be on a game show it would be Survivor? That she loves the game and its whole "outwit, outplay, outlast" yeah...

The perp is a legend in her own mind. She would not last a second against some of the usual denizens of maximum security prisons, especially if there is no "protective custody" on the Island.
I realize this is all my own little fantasy of how people who rape, maim, murder and otherwise cause irreparable harm to innocents should be dealt with and has no bearing on reality, but I can dream, can't I?

((We here in Montana call your "island" Wyoming)) :)

She SHOULD get the DP.

IMO,it should have never been taken off the table,in the first place.I feel that the prosecution has more evidence than we know about.If any case should be a DP case,than this is it.

I also think they should let JB try this case.I really want to see how badly he screws it up :p

In cases where the murder victim is a child then the DP should be mandatory. It's not about reformation or redemption or rehabilitation, it's about punishment. KC needs to be punished by taking away the only thing she really cares about......herself.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I say yes, but I'd rather see her rot away for the rest of her life.

((We here in Montana call your "island" Wyoming)) :)

Would that make Montana part of the shark-infested waters? :tongue:

But sure, send Casey on over here. I don't think she'd last any longer here than in general pop. ;)

Isn't it true that due to all the publicity and media coverage this case has gotten, even if she got LWOP she may still not have to be in gen pop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member