2009.05.04 LKB on "Today Show"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is.... CAN THEY DO THAT? Can the prosecution hold back evidence from the defense and release it when they want to? I'd think the defense would be able to validly argue that the prosection held back their smoking gun until it was too late for the defense to disprove it... attorneys, can the prosecution pick and choose when they release various aspects of their discovery?
I am no legal expert, but from what I have seen in previous trials both sides play the game. Jose didn't turn over a piece of evidence, in his last case, until the last hour and the judge ruled the evidence inadmissable.

I do believe LKB is on Caylee's side. She knows what she is saying, it couldn't be more clear. She is going to defend her, not save her. I would rather have it this way.
Hero's come in many different forms. I don't think she wants to win this one.
IMO

Ok...before I go back to the beginning of the thread to read all posts...I just have to say I've been seething since hearing her "Thank you for being fair" remark. Fair? What the heck is she doing on tv blabbing about the case? Oh, and is this the softer (less brash) version of LKB? Has she been coached by the same person as CA? Thanks for listening. It was difficult holding it in all day at work. Now, I'll go back and read.

When Ann asked her to explain KC partying and clubbing rather than looking for Caylee, she interestingly brought up Susan Smith and another woman in California (sorry, didn't catch the name) who had killed her husband, saying that people grieve differently?!

How could KC be "Grieving" if, at that point, she did not know she was dead???
"Backwards grieving"...goes along with "ugly coping" don't ya think?

Right-
why would she compare the way Casey grieved to two people who were convicted of killing their loved ones?
Why wouldn't she compare Casey to people who had grieved strangely- inappropriately, or inexplicably - and were found innocent???

was this indeed a freudian slip?
This is hardly a way to make people consider Casey's innocence!!!
It is unfathomable to me, why LKB would use these two as examples.
It makes no sense!

hmmm...
maybe it's the Chewbacca defense.
Makes about as much sense.
IIRC, the woman from CA was finally released...conviction overturned. She would have been better off going there...JB did.

Respectfully Snipped and paraphrased
When Ann asked LKB to explain KC partying and clubbing rather than looking for Caylee, LKB said that people grieve differently?!

How could KC be "Grieving" if, at that point, she did not know she was dead???

I guess KC must have started her "grieving" process sometime before May, 2008, because she was partying like crazy and sleeping around way back then, according to the photos & evidence we've seen. Show me what's "different" about her behavior in June and July to indicate "ugly grieving" because all I can see is total indifference.

Yep, the searching was done in the daytime. So, she could have helped to search and then "grieve" at Fusion at night. No excuse LKB.

Oh lord, I PRAY the SA thinks of saying exactly this! It's priceless, FV. Priceless!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I have been reading this thread all day and can't remember how MANY of you pointed out the obvious....that they CAN'T say CA was grieving because she was telling everyone that Caylee was safe and would be home by her birthday. She wasn't worried that Caylee was in danger. She certainly didn't think Caylee was dead. Caylee was with the nanny...so, therefore, the partying was just partying, not grieving. Hmmmmmm. :(

Thanks to all of you who continue to point out this conflict of EXCUSES!!!!

LKB goes on TV to complain about all the media coverage???

Huh?
TV is media ..

Another :loser: to add to the pile ..

:clap:

This circus act just keeps getting better every day!

That would have been what NG would have asked. Did you ever notice how the morning news shows ask these softball questions and tiptoe around all the time? It's like they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't even bother watching them anymore because I find the most enlightening discussions here! :)

They usually speak in such soft tones too ..
Makes me sick ..

Is the trial still set for October? If I remember correctly, SP's trial was about a year about Lacey's body was found. Will this probably be the same for KC?

hmm............my post regarding the lack of forethought about going on national television to whimper about the media coverage perhaps making it impossible for her client to get a fair trial seems to have disappeared.

hmm.

I'm sorry, you don't "grieve" if your child is missing and you believe she is out there somewhere, still alive. I think the Anthony's (minus KC) obviously gave an excellent example of the fact that you refuse to grieve until you know or are willing to accept the truth.

Let's pretent for a second that KC is completely innocent and her child was truly abucted (nearly impossible to do, I know).You STILL don't behave the way KC was behaving. We keep hearing that there is no "appropriate" way to respond and that people handle stressful issues differently. Well, I disagree. In general, most moms have a pretty standard way of operating when someone goes missing and/or is abducted. We don't have a choice, it's the way we were biologically programmed to react. The fact that KC is a biological anomally doesn't bode well for her, IMO, innocent or not. Even if she had absolutely NOTHING to do with her daughter's disappearance it doesn't excuse the fact that she did absolutely NOTHING about it. Didn't call the police, didn't tell a single soul, went and partied instead of looking for her daughter, slept in, screwed around, etc. Sounds pretty neglectful to me. At least the lady they keep comparing this story to callled 911 and actually showed emotion for the loss of her husband.

If "ugly coping" is going to be the basis for her defense they are damning her even further because I would be insulted as a jury member to be asked to swallow that pill.

Geez guys ..
Give the girl a break ..

She was UGLY COPING ..
Sheeeeesh ..

You know...now that I think about it LKB might be on to something with the comparison of the ugly coping styles of Susan Smith and Casey.

Remember how a few years after she was convicted (LWOP right?) we all heard about Susan Smith having an inappropriate sexual relationship with one (or more) of the prison guards.

I GUARENTEE you that we will hear the exact same thing about Casey in a few years. Watch this space people - it will happen.

Susan Smith and Casey both use sex as a means of manipulation and a way of acting out their own psychodramas. Do you think that what LKB was trying to allude to? :)

hmm............my post regarding the lack of forethought about going on national television to whimper about the media coverage perhaps making it impossible for her client to get a fair trial seems to have disappeared.

hmm.

I guess that means, my thank you is gone too .. LOL

You know...now that I think about it LKB might be on to something with the comparison of the ugly coping styles of Susan Smith and Casey.

Remember how a few years after she was convicted (LWOP right?) we all heard about Susan Smith having an inappropriate sexual relationship with one (or more) of the prison guards.

I GUARENTEE you that we will hear the exact same thing about Casey in a few years. Watch this space people - it will happen.

Susan Smith and Casey both use sex as a means of manipulation and a way of acting out their own psychodramas. Do you think that what LKB was trying to allude to? :)

Not intensionally anyways! :D

:seeya:

I was ugly coping with that last post, I guess :(

So what will be her excuse when she comes back on the air to 'explain' her comment about grief?

Since every last one of us equate grief = death - what will LKB say to undo this oopsie?

Was this a half truth or misstatement on her part? :p :slap: (I'll slap myself)

Yes, good reminder about the duct tape.
How does it get wrapped all the way around a 2 yr. old's head and decorated with a heart sticker in an accidental death?
Sick!!!!

And thanks for the laugh on the "steak" autopsy!

Okay I'm going to be extremely objective here a moment. I still don't see this evidence as proving Caylee's death was pre-meditated murder. I am still holding out and hoping there is more evidence for this than a handful of internet searches combined with the findings above.

I still have a nagging feeling that accidental death (or even un-premeditated murder) could be possible, and that in KC's warped mind she could have added the duct tape to make it seem like it was all part of the abduction scenario - after her child accidentally died (or she killed her in a heated moment). Remember - she's not very smart and could have watched just one too many episodes of CSI thinking it would work. While I find the duct tape uber creepy, I just don't know if that is solid enough evidence in my mind to directly link her to a premeditated murder.

The other thing is that she didn't seem to have a plan for after her baby was disposed of. Seems to me like she was afraid of being found out after what happened and deliberately put herself in denial to escape the reality of what she'd done. Just speculating at this point, but I don't feel entirely comfortable with the cold, calculated pre-meditated murder at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez