2009.05.04 LKB on "Today Show"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what will be her excuse when she comes back on the air to 'explain' her comment about grief?

Since every last one of us equate grief = death - what will LKB say to undo this oopsie?

Was this a half truth or misstatement on her part? :p :slap: (I'll slap myself)

She miss-spoke? :crazy:

OH DON'T YOU LOVE THIS STATEMENT????

They all grieve different? Grief = DEATH

I hope prosecution made note of that comment as well. What a fool to make such an irresponsible statement. KC was partying when her child WAS MISSING, REMEMBER?

Sorry, I see you smart WS people pointed this fact out earlier. ;)

Yep! Reminds me of when Todd Black made the telling comment about "the loss of life of this little girl" before Caylee's remains were discovered.

Okay I'm going to be extremely objective here a moment. I still don't see this evidence as proving Caylee's death was pre-meditated murder. I am still holding out and hoping there is more evidence for this than a handful of internet searches combined with the findings above.

I still have a nagging feeling that accidental death (or even un-premeditated murder) could be possible, and that in KC's warped mind she could have added the duct tape to make it seem like it was all part of the abduction scenario - after her child accidentally died (or she killed her in a heated moment). Remember - she's not very smart and could have watched just one too many episodes of CSI thinking it would work. While I find the duct tape uber creepy, I just don't know if that is solid enough evidence in my mind to directly link her to a premeditated murder.

The other thing is that she didn't seem to have a plan for after her baby was disposed of. Seems to me like she was afraid of being found out after what happened and deliberately put herself in denial to escape the reality of what she'd done. Just speculating at this point, but I don't feel entirely comfortable with the cold, calculated pre-meditated murder at this point...

What you just stated above is Leonard's theory. He spoke of this last night.
I don't agree with either of you, but it is all o.k.

Respectfully Snipped and paraphrased

I guess KC must have started her "grieving" process sometime before May, 2008, because she was partying like crazy and sleeping around way back then, according to the photos & evidence we've seen. Show me what's "different" about her behavior in June and July to indicate "ugly grieving" because all I can see is total indifference.

So maybe they can plea "prolonged temporary insanity". It would fit right in with this UGLY case.

What you just stated above is Leonard's theory. He spoke of this last night.
I don't agree with either of you, but it is all o.k.

Didn't realize LP is still on the air. He throws out all kinds of stuff hoping it'll stick. I don't really hold this as my personal theory. My point is, there is still room for other theories, and it makes me uncomfortable that the evidence we DO have isn't solid enough that there couldn't be a way to explain it away. I'm just expressing my disappointment that we don't know exactly what happened and nervous she could still get off without anything, which would enfuriate me.

Okay I'm going to be extremely objective here a moment. I still don't see this evidence as proving Caylee's death was pre-meditated murder. I am still holding out and hoping there is more evidence for this than a handful of internet searches combined with the findings above.

I still have a nagging feeling that accidental death (or even un-premeditated murder) could be possible, and that in KC's warped mind she could have added the duct tape to make it seem like it was all part of the abduction scenario - after her child accidentally died (or she killed her in a heated moment). Remember - she's not very smart and could have watched just one too many episodes of CSI thinking it would work. While I find the duct tape uber creepy, I just don't know if that is solid enough evidence in my mind to directly link her to a premeditated murder.

The other thing is that she didn't seem to have a plan for after her baby was disposed of. Seems to me like she was afraid of being found out after what happened and deliberately put herself in denial to escape the reality of what she'd done. Just speculating at this point, but I don't feel entirely comfortable with the cold, calculated pre-meditated murder at this point...

It very well may have been the case, certainly possible - but then to go this far? She could have helped LE find the body early on & may have been deemed an accident. Then KC probably would not be facing more than 10 years maximum for a variety of charges all mixed together.

The fact she's taking it this far and wants to place blame elsewhere tells me she has more than an accident to hide. And of course, it's far too late now for an accidental claim. It would never hold up in court.

All in all, she really seems like a true sociopath, her own mother even stated that much. Sociopaths need to be locked up for life, they are a real danger to others in society. just my :twocents:

Wasn't George and Cindy having people who had Caylee 'watched' up until a few months before they found her? What could Casey have been grieving over -- the dead animal she hit? Methinks this attorney should have kept her mouth shut -

Wow you hit the nail on the head here...she was "grieving" about what?? At that point she had been looking for the "nanny" at local hangouts...and Kc whooped it up with crowd. All her pictures and of her HAPPY SMILING LAUGHING..I could never do any of these things if I thought someone "took" my daughter

I LOVE JVM panel today - someone said KC has hired the 3 stooges. :crazy:

:clap:
She miss-spoke? :crazy:

So what will be her excuse when she comes back on the air to 'explain' her comment about grief?

Since every last one of us equate grief = death - what will LKB say to undo this oopsie?

Was this a half truth or misstatement on her part? :p :slap: (I'll slap myself)

Oh, Marla, you'll love this one.....HLN at 6pm had Mark E. saying Baez was as transparent as Saran Wrap....(I think he's been reading your posts) The whole panel, which included a former District Court Judge couldn't believe how he couldn't keep his mouth shut!:clap:

Also, Jane VM:clap::clap: quoting LKB about a COV, stating that if you google KC Anthony, you get 7 million hits, which ironically disproves her reason to move out of Orlando, as the story is Nationwide

It's the way she comes across to people... she "tries" to intimidate people with her overbearing personality and harsh persona... but if one has the ability to see through all of that, she actually is blowing alot of "hot air and nonsense", and JB hides behind her with that you-know-what eating grin. They make a ridiculous pair, those two.

Re bold: Now, see, I interpret his facial expression differently. To me, it is the equivalent of a child putting his thumbs in his ears and wiggling his fingers as he sticks his tongue out at his adversary. Mentally, I heroically (and surreptitiously) deliver a short, sharp jab under his chin with my fist.

Linda Kenney Baden was on the Today show this morning.
I just caught the end of it.

She said they were supposed to get evidence and all they got was an autopsy of a snake.

When Ann asked her to explain KC partying and clubbing rather than looking for Caylee, she interestingly brought up Susan Smith and another woman in California (sorry, didn't catch the name) who had killed her husband, saying that people grieve differently?!

She also mentioned that they think the state may have put the death penalty back up to block "certain lawyers" from being on the case.

Maybe someone can post a link when "Today" puts it up if anyone is interested in seeing it.

If this has already been started, please delete. Thanks

I thought it was odd to give the name of a guilty person as an example of someone who grieves in an odd way. It almost made it look as if the defence knows she killed Caylee and forgot she wasn't supposed to make that public knowledge.
I think she then quickly added the name of the other woman in an attempt to move on from the comment about Susan Smith.

Ugly Coping

I can see it now. SNL. An entire skit on "ugly coping". Somehow, I cannot see Casey Anthony enjoying wearing this label as her defense.

Linda Kenney Baden was on the Today show this morning.
I just caught the end of it.

She said they were supposed to get evidence and all they got was an autopsy of a snake.

When Ann asked her to explain KC partying and clubbing rather than looking for Caylee, she interestingly brought up Susan Smith and another woman in California (sorry, didn't catch the name) who had killed her husband, saying that people grieve differently?!

She also mentioned that they think the state may have put the death penalty back up to block "certain lawyers" from being on the case.

Maybe someone can post a link when "Today" puts it up if anyone is interested in seeing it.

If this has already been started, please delete. Thanks

Wow, If partying, gettin tatoos etc was grieving I will be dipped in poo, gimme a break, Casey never looked happier!!!!!! All smiles, whooping it up!!! She wasn't grieving, she was celebrating her new Beautiful life!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Wasn't George and Cindy having people who had Caylee 'watched' up until a few months before they found her? What could Casey have been grieving over -- the dead animal she hit? Methinks this attorney should have kept her mouth shut -

I bet she wishes she kept her mouth shut.. I think her team will have something to say to her about her comment, and as soon as they can make a statement to repair the damage.

How long ago was the autopsy preformed? And the defense still doesn't have the report. I guess I am not surprised, typical from what I have seen in this case. However, I thought they at least had report, seeing how they are seeking the death penalty and all!

There was NO BODY to autopsy, just skeletal remains.

Is it just me or is everyone sick to death of hearing that everyone grieves differently? Yes, I know only too well that there is no set way to grieve, but this girl has not grieved at all. One thing I do know is that you do not go out and party, get tattoos and focus soley on yourself when your child is missing. That is so far out of the norm that you can't simply attribute it to "everyone grieves differently."

LKB, you need to come up with something else.

Yup! They sure do. Everyone grieves differently, and poor Casey was grieving since the day Caylee was born. It just took her almost 3 years to try to do something about that grief.. Can we blame her for partying hard from the moment her grief was removed from those shoulders........Poor grieving mommy dear. I could cry when I think of how much she went through (UGG!)

:clap:

Oh, Marla, you'll love this one.....HLN at 6pm had Mark E. saying Baez was as transparent as Saran Wrap....(I think he's been reading your posts) The whole panel, which included a former District Court Judge couldn't believe how he couldn't keep his mouth shut!:clap:

Also, Jane VM:clap::clap: quoting LKB about a COV, stating that if you google KC Anthony, you get 7 million hits, which ironically disproves her reason to move out of Orlando, as the story is Nationwide

He did? :eek:

He's reading here!!!!!
hehehehehe

I LOVE JVM panel today - someone said KC has hired the 3 stooges. :crazy:

Yeah - the judge from Miami. I just wish JVM would get rid of Jayne Weintraub.

LKB made a HUGE faux pas with that statement about everyone grieving differently. That's the kind of statement that makes potential jurors' blood boil. When the prosecution shows the pix of KC in the blue dress at Fusian bumping, grinding and groping and the defense has the audacity to say she "grieves differently" she'll get convicted right then and there. I mean, how stupid do they think people are? :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez