2009.05.28 Motions Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why noone is arguing the fact that she was also witnessed during the L.P dive search (watching the common jail t.v.) with no reaction what so ever (when small bones were found)

The tape does seem relevant in that context.

Yes, Today, I got the strangest vibe from those close-ups:eek:

Very, very Scary

You know what? Looking back at the pictures gave me chills as well - something is extremely strange and frightening in her face.

The one I posted below - alarming - like "KC" is completely no longer there.

Attachments

• kc.jpg
    kc.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 176
I'm not sure what happened in this case, but parties with an interest in particular matters are supposed to be given adequate notice, by being served with the various motions, etc., and an opportunity to be heard. Who knows if the media lawyers were even served with the last-minute filing, or what went wrong.

I can't believe she never even once glanced at George and/or Cindy, not once!! They were straining at the end to have her look at them.. but she never did. It amazes how callous and stoic she appeared today in court. The only emotion I saw from her at all was when JB spoke to her or the other male attorney. In fact, her body language while sitting next to her "new" DP attorney, seemed disconnected. No emotion whatsoever. While Macaluso was speaking to the judge about her reaction on tape while the remains of a child were found in her neighborhood, I did see KC take a deep breath. Wonder what she was thinking then?

I also thought it strange that G&C did not sit near BC. Occasionally, BC would look towards their direction.. just seemed odd to me.

I would love to see what KC was writing on that paper!

I think Casey is bummed because she can't flirt with the new lawyer, she'd rather have another man at the defense table, lol.

I wonder why noone is arguing the fact that she was also witnessed during the L.P dive search (watching the common jail t.v.) with no reaction what so ever (when small bones were found)

The tape does seem relevant in that context.

It does make one wonder why that tape is not such a big deal. When you think about it, the defense doesn't do their client a lot of good when they bring up things that maybe would be better left alone.

So basically this was just a motion to hear another motion at a later date? Reminds me of how Congress votes to amend an amendment on an amendment...

Apart from JB's glaring incompetence...the defense is making so much out of this video...that even if the footage were not as darning as most of us believe it to be, he has certainly made it into that. The longer this drags out the more publicity the video gets. Unless he is hoping that this will be an issue for appeal later if the judge rules against his motion...and he wants to show he put up a huge fight to keep the video out.

To me it is simple, she has no expectation of privacy in jail. She was not under medical care at the time. The remains had not been identified as Caylee's nor any other missing child at the time. Hence, this posturing and postponing by the defense...is not helping. The video will come into evidence. JMO and all of this manuevering and whining by JB is only going to give the video of KC's reaction more weight. Again, Jmo...Hope everyone is having a nice day. :)

Filing it in written form is a waste of time.......R U kidding me???????????? There is no reason we have to put it in writing. R U kidding me???????????????????? Now JB getting a lesson in timeframe tweaking from the judge. What does he bill an hour??

State is not arguing the child died by accident. There is information relevent to prior to the inci (oops caught himself) disappearance. He almost said incident 5 times.

I know, I know, I know! I almost did a backwards flip. (Sure makes sense
to have that California accident attorney on the case.)

Why was Jeff Ashton laughing when JB was done introducing?

You know when you are cannot stop laughing at a wholly inappropriate time, well that is what Baez does to people because he is such an amateur. Not once has he prepared a document or argument in this case that the other lawyers and the judge haven't had a hard time keeping a straight face. It is really hard to watch how obvious it is he is in way over his head. Remember when Nejame mopped the floor with him? Today, once again, more examples of what not to do. Wow, no wonder the state is saying they all to to be prepared for the eventuality of Casey arguing ineffective counsel on appeal. He reminded me of a student making excuses to the teacher about why there are no points of reference in a research paper, but teacher...I can tell you now, I do know them ... so what if I didn't write them down, you know what I meant, right? The judge had to send him back to get someone more learned to kibitz with him. Otherwise we will have two more years of unprofessional documents filed by him that do nothing but impede the trial and waste the good taxpayers of Florida's money! The little student was sent back to redo his assignment, thus the church giggles from lawyers with 20-30 years of experience, having never, in all their years, seen anything like this. The DP attorney announced on the courthouse steps that as a matter of Florida law, she is now the lead, (first chair) attorney on this case. Halleluja, a babysitter has arrived!

OK, does anyone think JB can arrange payment for the Special Master and get ALL the other attorneys to agree to it by next Thursday?

I don't.

And, we still have all the other objections to go from the others about their cell records. Do you think JB will have the foresight to figure out Special Master arrangements with them, also.

Again, I don't think so. The boy just doesn't think ahead when it comes to 'not wasting the court's time' with proper preparations.

I love that Judge S said, "It's my job as someone who has to follow the law..." in there somewhere. :) uhm - that was indeed directed at JB

I may be wrong, but wasn't she listening to her radio in her cell? Why is it more cruel to take her away from her radio source of information and bring her to an area where they can administer medical treatment if required?

I do believe this needs to be argued.

DP lawyer passes a note to JB. "I'm at a disadvantage because I have to respond to more than one lawyer."

"Mr. Grund is for all intents and purposes a suspect in this case." ! ! !

I'm just starting to read this thread. I missed the hearing :(

*PLEASE* tell me that JB did *NOT* say what I bolded above... please?...

I think the last minute filing was a strategic gesture on Baez's part. Then again, I'd be surprised if he thought that strategically. I don't know. lol

I vote for strategic. LKB said she helped with the last deposition.

You know what? Looking back at the pictures gave me chills as well - something is extremely strange and frightening in her face.

Oh..she's there. As much as she ever was. And now seems to be enjoying her position as pseudo-attorney. She was writing furiously on that legal pad, just like she was an attorney getting ready to argue her case. She's a slick one...

I'm just starting to read this thread. I missed the hearing :(

*PLEASE* tell me that JB did *NOT* say what I bolded above... please?...

He most certainly did!!!
*shakes head* Unbelievable.
I can't imagine the new DP attorney will have much respect for JB

OK, does anyone think JB can arrange payment for the Special Master and get ALL the other attorneys to agree to it by next Thursday?

I don't.

And, we still have all the other objections to go from the others about their cell records. Do you think JB will have the foresight to figure out Special Master arrangements with them, also.

Again, I don't think so. The boy just doesn't think ahead when it comes to 'not wasting the court's time' with proper preparations.

I love that Judge S said, "It's my job as someone who has to follow the law..." in there somewhere. :) uhm - that was indeed directed at JB

I don't believe it can be done either PH. That's an awful lot of attorneys to get to agree to one date - just like setting up a depo, and that would never happen in a week. Oh, I'm sure some attorney will be more than willing to jump on the Anthony Bus - for the "advertisement" value, if nothing else. That's exactly why all the other high profile people have jumped on. It truly does not matter if they are being paid....they know they will get theirs in the end.

He most certainly did!!!
*shakes head* Unbelievable.
I can't imagine the new DP attorney will have much respect for JB

I don't think so either. I kept watching for her face and she seemed mostly displeased with how things were going. Just mo though.

What did I miss here? Everyone knew today was about the tape so why weren't any media lawyers there to request it be released?

So true! In fact, I am surprised that the judge didn't just go ahead and grant the defendant's motion today to refuse public release. The SA said they had no problem with sealing it except that they were required by the Sunshine law to release it. Basically saying that all they needed was someone to either say release it or don't.

Since nobody was there to argue for releasing it, why did the judge continue the motion? I think the judge told Baez he could have the phone records he wanted for the people who didn't have an attorney arguing against it today.

Don't get me wrong- I'd really like to see the tape. I just don't understand why there wasn't a ruling today since the SA said they had no problem with it being sealed.

She's there.

IMO, she is furious when she remembers how the state "tricked" her and taped her response to watching tv while Caylee was found. How dare they get the best of her! So mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member