2009.07.28 / 2009.07.29 Deposition Cindy Anthony Transcript parts 1 and 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay - I have not read through this whole thread - I'm just trying to get through the depo, so please be patient with me if you have already discussed these things. As soon as I get through the depo, I'll go through and read the thread.

Did anyone notice that when CA is talking about KC drinking -she almost slips and says the first time is on her "sixth -- twenty-first b-day"?

Pages 98-100 of the 1st transcript are very interesting. The black guy that is incarcerated and Society Entertainment and Sawgrass??? I'm sure you all have discussed this - I can't wait to see what you all thought.

Salem

Okay - I have not read through this whole thread - I'm just trying to get through the depo, so please be patient with me if you have already discussed these things. As soon as I get through the depo, I'll go through and read the thread.

Did anyone notice that when CA is talking about KC drinking -she almost slips and says the first time is on her "sixth -- twenty-first b-day"?

Pages 98-100 of the 1st transcript are very interesting. The black guy that is incarcerated and Society Entertainment and Sawgrass??? I'm sure you all have discussed this - I can't wait to see what you all thought.

Salem

BBM

Yes, I caught that also. She then goes on to say she gave Casey permission to go out and party. If Casey was 21, why would she need permission to go out and drink? (We all know the dynamics of Cindy=control freak, but I still think she gave permission because it was actually Casey's 16th birthday, not 21st) :banghead:

Page 111 - 1st transcript. KC was stealing check from LA in her senior year of high school. CA really gives herself away.

Salem

Here's something I haven't been able to shake since maybe the second week after Caylee was reported missing.
Maybe I'm not alone.....I sure hope not because I keep hearing about LE 'botching up' the investigation and I want someone to reassure me that they didn't, and they had good reason why they did some of the things they did.

So since the beginning, we've heard LE state "we are going under the presumption that we are looking for an alive Caylee".
As the weeks passed, we heard it over and over.

Yet, something in the way they worded some interviews to the press kept telling my brain "No. They know she's dead. They KNOW for a fact she's dead".

And then, in the wee hours of this morning I read this:

Page 401

Oct1820090002SH_.jpg

Oct1820090003SH_.jpg

Does anyone else find it odd that the officers, after returning from TL's apt., didn't bring anything of Casey's back with them except the cell phone?

Isn't it odd that LE gave Lee A permission to go get the rest of Casey's things? I mean, contamination and all that.

Isn't it odd that nobody (LE, Detectives, etc) seemed all that interested in the stuff Lee A brought back ......nobody secured the items, allowing Cindy go rummaging through all of Casey's things.

There are so many more examples that took place within that first 36 hours after Caylee was reported missing.

I can't help but think that LE did NOT botch the investigation....it's that no matter what they were telling us, the public, they KNEW ...... when they seperated the family to take statements, even before taking Casey for the tour of possible places ZG lived, they KNEW Caylee was already dead.

Please tell me LE didn't 'botch' the investigation at the beginning and some of their actions were because they knew within an hour of arriving at the As home, that there was a dead baby out there somewhere.

Adam Lynch watching Caylee while CA in hospital? (Page 126 - 1st trans). Is that true? Did we know that before? Well... I didn't, but did any of the other sleuths?

Salem

Amity,
I think in the very beginning the LE was handling the incident as a missing child or kidnapped child, that didnt suspect KC until the next day when she led them on a wild goose chase to "ZFG's alleged apartment" and to Universal Studios. So LE was not really concerned with her belongings at that time.
Van

Here's something I haven't been able to shake since maybe the second week after Caylee was reported missing.
Maybe I'm not alone.....I sure hope not because I keep hearing about LE 'botching up' the investigation and I want someone to reassure me that they didn't, and they had good reason why they did some of the things they did.

So since the beginning, we've heard LE state "we are going under the presumption that we are looking for an alive Caylee".
As the weeks passed, we heard it over and over.

Yet, something in the way they worded some interviews to the press kept telling my brain "No. They know she's dead. They KNOW for a fact she's dead".

And then, in the wee hours of this morning I read this:

Page 401

Oct1820090002SH_.jpg

Oct1820090003SH_.jpg

Does anyone else find it odd that the officers, after returning from TL's apt., didn't bring anything of Casey's back with them except the cell phone?

Isn't it odd that LE gave Lee A permission to go get the rest of Casey's things? I mean, contamination and all that.

Isn't it odd that nobody (LE, Detectives, etc) seemed all that interested in the stuff Lee A brought back ......nobody secured the items, allowing Cindy go rummaging through all of Casey's things.

There are so many more examples that took place within that first 36 hours after Caylee was reported missing.

I can't help but think that LE did NOT botch the investigation....it's that no matter what they were telling us, the public, they KNEW ...... when they seperated the family to take statements, even before taking Casey for the tour of possible places ZG lived, they KNEW Caylee was already dead.

Please tell me LE didn't 'botch' the investigation at the beginning and some of their actions were because they knew within an hour of arriving at the As home, that there was a dead baby out there somewhere.

I have to keep telling mysself that on that first night, LE was operating under the assumption a child had been kidnapped. They - at that point - had no indication, no evidence that KC had done anything. So they were only after her cell phone to try and call the nanny (..yeah right..) It was not until after the detectives took KC on the goose chase down the hall at Universal that they decided she was a lying biotch and arrested her. They then came and got the car for evidence - which no matter how long they waited to get that car, it was already too late as one of the family members had wiped it clean. They didn't issue an amber alert because..duh..31 DAYS had passed, not 31 hours....I do think after they got a whiff of that car, they knew Caylee was dead.

The one thing in CA's deposition that totally surprised me was when she admitted that she had talked to KC on July 15 and told her they had found her car and they needed to talk. I know we had speculated whether or not KC had been tipped off.....and she had...by her own mother.

The lanyard that came up missing from the car before the police took the car, the one with the shamrock, is the one that happened to come up in Cindy's possession sometime later...

Also Cindy is adamant about the fact that KC was never in the garage alone but Lee tells a different story-that KC was in the garage alone AT LEAST five minutes...

Wasn't the car in the garage? So they sat there with that horrible smell?

The one thing in CA's deposition that totally surprised me was when she admitted that she had talked to KC on July 15 and told her they had found her car and they needed to talk. I know we had speculated whether or not KC had been tipped off.....and she had...by her own mother.

I started questioning that statement and wondered if we had a confirmation of that call. This what I found that JWG posted sometime back.

ETA IMO if KC knew this, she would not have been anywhere that she could have been found.

Additional piece of info for the timeline...

Text messages from CA to KC:

16:27:41 - Call me asap major prob
16:45:24 - Call me

Evidence page 2872.

These occurred 2.5 hours after the car was retrieved from the tow yard and 2 hours after George left for work.

I think I get it now --- all the questions about Caylee's clothes. What she was wearing the last day she was seen. Showing L/G/C A the photo of Caylee in the Big Trouble t-shirt and asking them to identify it. I also have suspicions on when this photo was taken. Could it have been close to the time of her death?

Do you think there might be some reason LE believe she was actually wearing the clothes that George says he saw her in that day? Some photos maybe.

She was found in the Big Trouble t-shirt and in one of LE's reports to FBI LE stated they believed she was put in this t-shirt deliberately. They must have a reason for suspecting this.

Something in this?

It took me hours to read this testimony and I did pick up on some new things. I was really impressed that the SA controlled the questions, but also let her talk. I think they learned a lot and they will be comparing those statements with other interviews she did with LE and I can not wait to see her stumble on the witness stand because that is when she is going to be called on her inconsitencies. The SA really didn't press her to hard and they had talked in the hallway prior to the meeting because Jose was like 45 minutes late.

I think I get it now --- all the questions about Caylee's clothes. What she was wearing the last day she was seen. Showing L/G/C A the photo of Caylee in the Big Trouble t-shirt and asking them to identify it. I also have suspicions on when this photo was taken. Could it have been close to the time of her death?

Do you think there might be some reason LE believe she was actually wearing the clothes that George says he saw her in that day? Some photos maybe.

She was found in the Big Trouble t-shirt and in one of LE's reports to FBI LE stated they believed she was put in this t-shirt deliberately. They must have a reason for suspecting this.

Something in this?

This post made me think about the disposable Camera found on Suburban, and also the disposable camera's taken from the search warrant at the Anthony home. Could the picture of Caylee in the "Big Trouble" shirt have been on one of those disposable cameras, and could fingerprints be lifted from those cameras?

On page 272, 2nd transcript - CA says no disagreement on the evening of June 15th. How is she going to deal with the neighbor testimony regarding the disagreement?

Salem

Let me tell you, Cindy must have gotten her nursing license in a cereal box!

That whole story about Lee being sick for a year and unable to drive and no longer able to participate in sports, etc. when he was in high school due to his platelet count dropping to 17,000 after taking Accutane (A medication used for acne)?

The condition is called thrombocytopenia. Hemotologists don't even begin treatment unless the number drops to 10,000 or lower. And if a medication is causing it, once the medication is discontinued, the number is usually back to within normal range in about 4-6 weeks in an otherwise healthy person.

It is extremely difficult for me to believe that a Registered Nurse could be so far off in her statements and beliefs regarding a platelet level of 17,000.

Not that we didn't already know it - but this woman is really whacky!

Page 311, 2nd Transcript - KC made sure to take a knife that her mother would not know was missing. Is that what she cut the duct tape with? Or was the duct tape torn? Do we know? I find it interesting AND very suspicious that the knife was one no one would notice. Not the same as if you are eating lunch in your car or putting silverware in your lunch for later.

Salem

Let me tell you, Cindy must have gotten her nursing license in a cereal box!

That whole story about Lee being sick for a year and unable to drive and no longer able to participate in sports, etc. when he was in high school due to his platelet count dropping to 17,000 after taking Accutane (A medication used for acne)?

The condition is called thrombocytopenia. Hemotologists don't even begin treatment unless the number drops to 10,000 or lower. And if a medication is causing it, once the medication is discontinued, the number is usually back to within normal range in about 4-6 weeks in an otherwise healthy person.

It is extremely difficult for me to believe that a Registered Nurse could be so far off in her statements and beliefs regarding a platelet level of 17,000.

Not that we didn't already know it - but this woman is really whacky!

I wanted to hit the THANKS button twenty times for your post!

My daughter, the nurse, says she is embarrassed for almost every nurse in the nation every time C opens her mouth having anything to do with medical.

*chlorophyll* -- DD said she learned about this in 5th grade when learning about plant life!

*pregnancy symptoms 101* -- In the seventh month and still didn't realize her daughter was pregnant?

*writing forged checks/stealing coins from her brother - possibly forging grades on her report card...easy to do making a D into a B.*
Cindy feels these were 'Isolated Incidents'?

Way too many incidences to list but I agree with my daughter....if this is a 'trained/degree'd medical person', she had no business having a medical license.

I wanted to hit the THANKS button twenty times for your post!

My daughter, the nurse, says she is embarrassed for almost every nurse in the nation every time C opens her mouth having anything to do with medical.

*chlorophyll* -- DD said she learned about this in 5th grade when learning about plant life!

*pregnancy symptoms 101* -- In the seventh month and still didn't realize her daughter was pregnant?

*writing forged checks/stealing coins from her brother - possibly forging grades on her report card...easy to do making a D into a B.*
Cindy feels these were 'Isolated Incidents'?

Way too many incidences to list but I agree with my daughter....if this is a 'trained/degree'd medical person', she had no business having a medical license.

Cut her some slack... she specializes in decomposition.. her skills in other areas of practice (which involve the living) are a bit fuzzy since nursing school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey__Powell
Back