2009.12.11 Discuss Motions hearing. One year to the day Caylee Found #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

On Trutv, Live, outside the courtroom, a reporter asked Baez, how KC was handling listening to Jeff Ashton describe the duct tape, etc., and Baez reposnds, "It's always very difficult talking about the Murder of a child", and Kathi Belich, responds, "Even if SHE was there?".....Baez lost it, at that point!

Perfect!!

I am watching the replay of the hearing and my goodness AL likes to talk and talk...I just want to get to the good parts.

I live in Canada and I'm not allowed either. US IP's only I'm advised. I get TruTV though. Sorry darnudes!!

I'm in canada and can watch every live channel (wftv, wesh, fox)

I don't believe it's because you're in canada.

BBM. Looked to me like she was about to have (very close to in fact) a full-blown panic atttack.

I wonder if this is a similar reaction to when she learned of the remains being found, 1 year ago? Didn't they say that KC had to sit down, breathed heavy, ~like she was crying~ and asked for a sedative?

Since defense is claiming the duct tape was not the cause of death it is interesting that KC is so upset and appears angry at times. I would not think a description of what you may have done to your child would get that type of reaction unless you were reliving it. Also interesting is when he says Caylee may have struggled while the duct tape was being applied, KC grabs her left wrist in a way as if she is reliving Caylee grabbing at her wrist in a struggle. Hope someone who has studied body language would give us their opinion on her reaction. JMO
2 minds, one thought. Kudos. I posted something very similar to this on another site right after it happened too.

And lawyers always know the answers to the questions before they are asked. Maybe Lyons wanted this from Ashton.

If that was Ms. Lyon's intention, it backfired as far as the public is concerned. JMO

Bolded by me.

Yes, make him stop speculating.

JA has no way of knowing whether Caylee was alive during duct taping. Pure speculation.

And it's reasonable, logical speculation. Why would you put duct tape on a corpse? I know that some say to give the impression of a kidnap or to keep body fluids from leaking, but what's the most reasonable?

JA has no idea if chloroform was used. Pure speculation.

And it's reasonable, logical speculation. Traces of chloroform in the trunk. Traces in the syringe. If not to be used on the baby, what?

JA has no idea if Caylee was restrained while being duct taped.

And it's reasonable, logical speculation. Why would a almost-three year old simply allow the duct tape to be applied and remain if not restrained?

JA was not there when it happened.

I know of no case where a state's attorney is present at a murder. Do you? If not, that's not a negative for the state nor a positive for the defense.

He has brought an uprise in emotion based on a made up story. He can do that. Its his job. And I agree, Good job! But at the end of the day, there is no evidence to anything he said.

His scenario is the most logical based on the fact.

Sorry, I understand the emotions are running high.

If our emotion don't run high when a baby is murdered, God help us because we, as a society, have lost it.

This is just the way I see . It is my opinion only.

And this is mine.

Blaise

Yes, the wrist grabbing is interesting. I always wondered if she was also attacked at the same time as Caylee, at least early on. You know the way she always said to her family, "But I'm still here...." etc. As if that was one good thing that had come out of what happened. Which wouldn't really make sense unless both of them had been in danger or nearly died.

Speaking of the weird body language, how about that very weird thing she did early in the hearing where she was just sitting there and then suddenly reacted as if she'd been hit in the back of the head and went "ow!" reaching for the back of her head?

BBM, I believe Casey was attacked shortly before the attack on little Caylee. It was CA.....the night of the 15th. MOO.

oh, a child's murder?

so..it wasnt an accident, then, JB?

He may have said Death of a child, and I want to be factual, and will try to find a link, but Kathi B's comment, was like a Bullet he never saw coming!

He may have said Death of a child, and I want to be factual, and will try to find a link, but Kathi B's comment, was like a Bullet he never saw coming!

I'm waiting for it to be posted too cause I figure her ONLY chance is to claim an accident since it cannot be absolutely ruled out. if he slipped there it was a pretty serious slip.

Oh wow. I never considered that KC might have been attacked at the same time as she murdered Caylee...

She was attacked but later seen on blockbuster video and a few days later partying and smiling for the camera???? Sorry but ff this were the case wouldn't that have been her first "story"? Poor KC was attacked.

I recorded the Baez interview and will post it as soon as it becomes available.

Patty,

Did you record the hearing also? I want my daughter (pre-law student who wants to be a prosecutor) to watch Ashton in action. She can't get to a computer right now but can view Youtube on her phone.

TIA!!!

Lil

Ashton was Powerful
I think Baez knew Ashton was going to talk about the 3 pieces of duct tape and he leaned over and whispered to let KC know.

I think Baez whispered to her to not get angry but start crying

vry49u.jpg

I wonder what Baez said to her right before she broke here?? Probably told her to get that cocky look off her face and shed some tears for the camera! :loser:

Do you mean Drew? Yeah, he's a dollie. How'd you get in, by the way? I mean, you can just go in? I would like to be there for the January check trial, is it worth the airfare from New Jersey?
You just show up and they let you in. The Anthonys and I were on the 23rd floor for about 20 min when they were notified that the hearing would be on the 12th floor. We just took the elevator down and there were a bunch of reporters hanging around waiting for the doors to open.
Drew Petrimo! that's it. He looked extremely tired this morning. I can't wait to read what Bill Schaffer writes about this. All the reporters were saying "Ashton said that for a reason. He knew what he was doing."
I think it is worth it, every moment of it. Cindy was rocking herself for most of the hearing. She looked defeated from the get-go. After they fled the courtroom, they did return and they were calm and cool and colllected. When the hearing was over, KC no longer appeared to be distraught. From where I sat, she appeared to turn their direction and make eye contact from a distance. She did not notice them when she first came in, not before she left during a 5 min break and not when she returned from the break.
Cindy was carrying a pocketbook the size of Montana. Her coat jacket had about 6 buttons on the sleeves (I was told you can tell the price of a jacket by the number of buttons on the sleeves, so I make note of that sometimes.) She had about 3 silver bracelets on one wrist (one was a charm bracelet) and she and several of those folks she sat near wore those white with purple silcone Caylee bracelets.

I wonder if this is a similar reaction to when she learned of the remains being found, 1 year ago? Didn't they say that KC had to sit down, breathed heavy, ~like she was crying~ and asked for a sedative?

I do believe it was similar. Grief and anxiety/panic (which appears to me to have been Casey's reaction) look different, IMO. Grief is related to sadness; while anxiety/panic have more to do with fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub