2009.12.11 Discuss Motions hearing. One year to the day Caylee Found #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't caught up with the posts here, just posting from the front of the thread but just wanted to add my impressions:

When Casey got so emotional during Ashton's argument about how Caylee's face had been taped, I saw various possibilities. One, she's innocent and hearing that description was too much for her, especially if she's been in a strange state of denial, some kind of la-la land or fantasy world all this time. I always did think she was in some kind of denial, whether innocent or guilty. She had that weird "blank" about Caylee (and apparently she had never been that way before).

Or, obviously if she's guilty and is that upset about being confronted with it etc. and the thought of the death penalty or life in prison. Especially if she was in denial about Caylee's suffering.

Or if she wasn't the perp but does know something about what happened and has denied it/sugar coated that in her mind, been in denial, failed to take an immunity deal or something she should have done early on, or whatever. Realizing now that her lawyers won't be able to help her, there's no way she could go without telling all she knows and expect to walk. She'll be the one who goes down for the crime.

I think guilty or innocent, it was the fact he was confronting. And the directness was such a relief to hear after all the non-confrontation of Casey all this time, you know. It was such a shame she wasn't confronted like this by everyone who cared about her from the very beginning, to possibly snap her out of her la-la land. Especially if she is innocent! Instead of going down the road that she has.

Yes, make him stop speculating.

JA has no way of knowing whether Caylee was alive during duct taping. Pure speculation.
JA has no idea if chloroform was used. Pure speculation.
JA has no idea if Caylee was restrained while being duct taped.
JA was not there when it happened.

He has brought an uprise in emotion based on a made up story. He can do that. Its his job. And I agree, Good job! But at the end of the day, there is no evidence to anything he said.

Sorry, I understand the emotions are running high. This is just the way I see . It is my opinion only.

It's too bad the killer won't open her mouth and tell what really happened, then there would be no need for any speculation.
Jeff Ashton is an advocate for Caylee and no one else, imo he's doing one excellent job.

Good speculation that's what was discussed. I can already tell I'm going to have to save some vacation time to watch as much of the trial I can... especially the opening arguments!

I know...Thought of that to lol.... Im not calling in sick either....Saving it all up.

Court TV just showed Baez outside being interviewed....he was ill to say the least,lol....I think it was KBelich he got so irritated with but you could clearly see he was very very down.:woohoo:

That was great, Kathy kept trying to ask him about Dominick Casey and he kept giving her this snotty face and deliberately ignoring her and going to other reporters' questions, but she kept right on asking. Finally he goes to her, "All I heard was blah blah blah", and she says, "Then I'll repeat the question..." and he starts walking away. It was hilarious. Such a big baby.

Oh, and then when he said it was completely unnecessary for JA to bring up the story of the murder and of COURSE Casey was upset, anybody would be, Kathy says "Even if she was there?" (meaning if Casey was present at the murder) and JB sort of snickers at her and says "She WASN'T there... again.. you're living in fairy land." HAHAHAH

Since GA said in his Depo he didn't believe the remains that were found are Caylee's, I wonder if George and Cindy have been telling KC they don't believe remains were Caylee's?

BTW-saw GA/CA leave courtroom but who were the other 2 people who left after them?

This whole story reminds me of something a Drill Sgt. said to the mother of a recruit, this recruit was being kicked out of the service, during basic training. The mother called the Drill Sgt and wanted to know why they were sending her son back home and this Drill said to the mother..."unfortunately we can not do in two months what you couldn't do in 18 years".

What I noticed, glaringly and obvious as always, is that KC cries for HERSELF...the stress she is under...very typical of what we have already seen from her.

ITA. She needs to make a plea....

Yes she does, I just don't see that happening though. Up to this point ( and probably still) she is in her own little world. I think she was angry. I think that she was just LIVID. Not upset for Caylee.

Part of me thinks that she will wake up at some point before trial and plea.
The other rational , logical part of me says, Nah...she thinks that she can still control everything.

Maybe those tears were because she was so MAD that something was NOT in her control? A little reality check?

He didn't state those as facts. He said those would be the questions running through jurors minds when considering the death penalty..

Yes, they keep replaying that on Court TV and that is precisely what Ashton said.

my thoughts.....

if you were truly innocent.....would you be mad at SA being told how your child was killed?....

or would you be mad at the killer, very grief stricken, even to the point of puking on hearing how your child suffered by the hands of the killer.....sure..i would be upset that i was on trial....but at that moment....when the act was being discussed, hearing the trama you child went thru....wouldnt your emotions, face, body, attitude be about your child.....not your self??

kc body language is very telling....tells the truth

Here's another one...

kcangry.jpg

Her anger is so disturbing and I fear and my heart aches for Caylee and what she went through in her last momments. KC was angry and she was crying because the SA got it right - that is exactly how she killed Caylee and KC is pizzed that they are telling everyone exactly what she did.

TAPE does not gently fall over the lips of a 3 year old three times - so tightly that it remianed stuck to her after weeks of decmposition. I fear Caylee faught fiercely agaisnt her mother maybe, but in the end lost.

Look at that face - that is NO MOTHER.

BBM

Not only Necessary, but long OVERDUE..

There's a rip in the fabric of the future when a baby is killed.

I'm been waiting for some passion from the State. They are consummate professionals, and supremely competent, but I needed to see passion. Outrage.

It was good and it was right.

Blaise

Since defense is claiming the duct tape was not the cause of death it is interesting that KC is so upset and appears angry at times. I would not think a description of what you may have done to your child would get that type of reaction unless you were reliving it. Also interesting is when he says Caylee may have struggled while the duct tape was being applied, KC grabs her left wrist in a way as if she is reliving Caylee grabbing at her wrist in a struggle. Hope someone who has studied body language would give us their opinion on her reaction. JMO

I dont know if you were agreeing or disagreeing with me :biglaugh: but I do totally agree with you :)

this doesnt seem the same KC havin' a bella vita and livin' it up and high fivin' lee and all that. reality sets in. she regrets it. does she feel she did wrong? dont know. is she wishing it never happened? I bet she is.

Yes, make him stop speculating.

JA has no way of knowing whether Caylee was alive during duct taping. Pure speculation.
JA has no idea if chloroform was used. Pure speculation.
JA has no idea if Caylee was restrained while being duct taped.
JA was not there when it happened.

He has brought an uprise in emotion based on a made up story. He can do that. Its his job. And I agree, Good job! But at the end of the day, there is no evidence to anything he said.

Sorry, I understand the emotions are running high. This is just the way I see . It is my opinion only.

Unfortunately sometimes when you ask a question the answer is not what you originally intended. Ms. Lyon's asked and Mr. Ashton answered.

I think that the fact this is the only time we saw KC get emotional about Caylee's death is very telling! When they talked about her remains at that one hearing where she was wearing the white cardigan, she was doodling and laughing with JB. At the last hearing, where LDB said something about "protecting the child who is deceased"..nothing. As AL talked about Caylee's death while giving her ridiculously long speech, nothing. However, JA talks about what really seemed to go down and BOOM anger and tears. It's quite obvious she wasn't shedding tears for her daughter's death (she had never before at the mention) but rather that she's finally being confronted with it.

I don't think she was crying...I think AL was hiding her face from the camera's...

I missed the part of the video where Cindy and George walk out of the court room...is this shown on the hearing video ?

Yes, the wrist grabbing is interesting. I always wondered if she was also attacked at the same time as Caylee, at least early on. You know the way she always said to her family, "But I'm still here...." etc. As if that was one good thing that had come out of what happened. Which wouldn't really make sense unless both of them had been in danger or nearly died.

Speaking of the weird body language, how about that very weird thing she did early in the hearing where she was just sitting there and then suddenly reacted as if she'd been hit in the back of the head and went "ow!" reaching for the back of her head?

Good speculation that's what was discussed. I can already tell I'm going to have to save some vacation time to watch as much of the trial I can... especially the opening arguments!

LOL! I had the same thought about vacation time. I wonder how hard it would be to book Studio Movie Grill. :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub