2009.12.11 Discuss Motions hearing. One year to the day Caylee Found #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for contributing for those who couldn't watch it. I DID squeeze in to hear Ashton and, wow... It hit me that this trial is going to get ugly. "Chemically restrained" perked my ears.... SA sure got to KC, didn't they? lol

I predict more outbursts and tantrums during the trial from various people as well.

Maybe it's me, but if AL goes on and on at the trial as she did today she will put the jury to sleep. She goes on and on about issues that have nothing to do with the case, bringing up past cases that really don't pertain to Casey or even come close to this case "IMO".

I don't think we will hear from her until after she is found guilty and they are deciding punishment. She is only there for the DP part of the case.

I wish she was part of the murder trial. Your right about her putting the jury to sleep. Normally that is what happen when "junk science" is being taught to the jury. They fall asleep and don't 'get it.' Different if the jury all ready has some knowledge of what is being discussed.

I'll have to give her team the benefit of the doubt that they HAVE told her what will happen in court. However, she is too self-absorbed to listen to a word.

I predict she is going to be a handful in the courtroom during the trial.

Can you imagine how many times JB will have to ask to adjourn so his client can collect her composure? Although she did snap back to messing with her hair and checking for running mascara pretty quickly today. Oops. I'll give myself a time out on that one.

BBM-I actually did not see this....I think that she was crying from anger. JMO.

because she covers her face and you cant really tell, but for me it's the parts where ashton is speaking where her chest is heaving. I do think she is having regrets. I dont think they're regrets in the usual sense maybe but I bet she sure wishes she had made different choices now.

Ashton was Powerful
I think Baez knew Ashton was going to talk about the 3 pieces of duct tape and he leaned over and whispered to let KC know.

Wonder if that is why LDB spoke to George before things got started, to give him the head's-up?

Good speculation that's what was discussed. I can already tell I'm going to have to save some vacation time to watch as much of the trial I can... especially the opening arguments!

During Ashton's presentation when AL was 'comforting" KC - it looked to me like she was trying to appear as if she was praying with her - head down, KC has her head down, AL holding her arms to comfort her - theatrical extremes
Thank you...just heard HLN on the radio...they reported that Casey was crying...all I could think was how she had been coached to do just that...the one thing missing from all other hearings for the most part so not a surprise IMO. I haven't seen any video so was curious if she pulled it off.

"Snip" Emotions Run High At Anthony Hearing
Casey Anthony also openly cried later in the hearing when Jeff Ashton told the judge what the death penalty argument could be.

"Her killer prepared some substance in advance that would render physically unable to resist, administered the substance, awaited its effect and then methodically applied three pieces of duct tape to completely cut off the flow of air through her mouth or her nose and let nature take its course," prosecutor Jeff Ashton said. "At least Caylee wouldn't have any fear. How would jurors apply those facts to the law the court will give them? If she was physically restrained, her killer would have to have restrained her arms by some means, applying tape while she was conscious. As the killer looked into her face, maybe her killer even saw her eyes as the tape was applied -- first one piece, then two, then three -- so that no breath was possible. Could Caylee have understood what was happening to her? Did she try to resist? Could her killer see the fear in her eyes as the tape was applied? These are questions only jurors will be able to answer in this case."

Strickland has not yet ruled on the motions.

Strickland did rule, however, to keep a secret audiotape made by a volunteer member of TES, kept under seal.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21...lpn_12pm&tmi=orlpn_12pm_1_10550112112009&ts=H

Yes, make him stop speculating.

JA has no way of knowing whether Caylee was alive during duct taping. Pure speculation.
JA has no idea if chloroform was used. Pure speculation.
JA has no idea if Caylee was restrained while being duct taped.
JA was not there when it happened.

He has brought an uprise in emotion based on a made up story. He can do that. Its his job. And I agree, Good job! But at the end of the day, there is no evidence to anything he said.

Sorry, I understand the emotions are running high. This is just the way I see . It is my opinion only.

That whole thing reminded me of the scene in "Legally Blonde" where Elle is so adamantly describing to Chutney how she murdered her father and then hid the gun, and emotions were running high at fever pitch when Chutney finally yells "I thought it was YOU walking through the door!" and accidentally confesses. That one quick look of toothed-up anger that Casey had just before Jose whispered to her, I could have SWORN she was gonna say "I DIDN'T chloroform her, I used rope!"

RAW HEARING: Casey Anthony Court Hearing 12/11/09 Pt. 1
http://www.wftv.com/video/21930588/index.html

RAW HEARING: Casey Anthony Court Hearing 12/11//09 Pt. 2
http://www.wftv.com/video/21930619/index.html

RAW HEARING: Casey Anthony Court Hearing 12/11//09 Pt. 3
http://www.wftv.com/video/21931707/index.html

RAW VIDEO: George And Cindy Anthony Leave Court
http://www.wftv.com/video/21930839/index.html

RAW VIDEO: Jose Baez Talks To WFTV After Casey Hearing
http://www.wftv.com/video/21935023/index.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Video: Casey Anthony Hearing (1 of 4)
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...CASEY121109A_121120091036&cat=CAC&title=Casey Anthony Hearing (1 of 4)

Video: Casey Anthony Hearing (2 of 4)
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...Casey121109B_121120091100&cat=CAC&title=Casey Anthony Hearing (2 of 4)

Video: Casey Anthony Hearing (3 of 4)
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=CASEY3W_121120090145&cat=CAC&title=Casey Anthony Hearing (3 of 4)

Video: Casey Anthony Hearing (4 of 4)
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=CASEY4W_121120090136&cat=CAC&title=Casey Anthony Hearing (4 of 4)

:angel:

Here's some of my observations from today:

1. I agree with the poster earlier who said that Casey has been sealed off from everyone except her defense team. I think the harsh reality of things really hit home this morning. The prosecution is not going to coddle her little feelings. They are going to slam her hard with the harsh reality of what her poor defenseless child went through in the last moments of her life. For the first time in her entire princess life, she is caught dead to rights and she will have to pay the price for her actions. The prosecution are not her parents, her brother, her friends or people she can lie to - they are going to make her take responsibility in a big way for what she has done.

2. That angry reaction right before the flow of tears was the real Casey. So angry that these people are calling her to the carpet, so angry that they won't listen to her when she says stop. I re-looked at the jail interviews last night before I went to bed - all she cared about was everyone "listening to her" and "letting her talk" and now she is going to be the one to have to listen to every sorted detail of what she did. How that angers her !!

3. George and Cindy running out of the courtroom to add to the drama of the day. I hate to say it, but it's about time those two glued their as$#@ to the seat and took a good hard listen to what their darling little princess did this time. This is what they created. Again, going back to the jailhouse tapes, it was almost pathetic to hear George telling her how "she was in charge" and "if it is alright with you" and "thank you for letting us see you" - PATHETIC !! If that had been my child, the night I picked her up from TL's house I'd have beat the living snot out of her until she told me what I needed to know. And, the thing about it, my daughter knows that's exactly what would have happened to her !! No doubt in her mind. The way they treat that girl is unreal.

In 3 or 4 short minutes the prosecution team has said more for little Caylee than this whole pathetic family has said in a year-and-a-half. I say BRING IT ON !!
I agree with you, and in regards to #3 - I would have done the same thing - however, I would have called the police when I didn't hear from my child and grandchild long BEFORE the 31 days they were missing too. No posting on MYSPACE trying to manipulate some form of sympathy. And in regards to them visiting her in jail and all of GA "hello beautiful" and "hello gorgeous" greetings at his visits - I thought that was pathetic as well. NO WAY would I have been visiting her trying to entice her to give me some kind of answer in jail and then "sweet talk her" when she gets upset. No one would have had to ask me to stop visiting her. I then would not have been before the cameras taking up for her lies either, calling them "mistruths". The whole ordeal was sickening to me. Who is the parent and who is the child in that family? Totally dysfunctional.

It's time that the A's face up to what KC did to Caylee, instead of running away and choosing to live in denial. Ok, I'm through with my rant... **sigh**

I noticed anger and defiance from KC when Ashton spoke of chemical restraint. When he gave the alternate scenario of physical restraint, that is when KC broke down.

Ga and Ca left when Ashton began to describe the tape being placed on Caylee and how she must have looked into the eyes of her killer.

I too noticed this. Casey is defiant when she feels someone is wrong.

IE the interview with LE and they were questioning her about Zanny having an ID for Universal: "Like you have an ID?" Casey replies; "I did have an ID." very defiant, dropped the nicey nice voice unlike the rest of her interview where she is kissing butt and in agreement with most of what they say.

I think today Ms. Anthonys action changed in my mind, how she subdued Caylee before the tape.

I agree with you... and I'm confused about something. I'm confused about AL's comforting her during this proceeding. I remember during the Menendez trial, EM's attorney would try to comfort him and IIRC, the judge or DA complained about it and her actions stopped. I'm confused by this. Why is AL allowed to do this with KC? To me it appears to be "coaching" and fake. It shouldn't be allowed IMO.

At this point, we're talking about an audience of one -- the judge. And I don't think the touching is gonna mean a hill of beans to him.

Keep in mind this ain't his first rodeo. We need to remember that Casey isn't anything special to him. Read the online versions of the Orlando Sentinel. Today, there's a story about a woman drowning her baby in a toilet. He's seen many defendants cry. He's seen many upset family members.

Casey Anthony is just another cold-blooded mother who killed her baby.

Blaise

because she covers her face and you cant really tell, but for me it's the parts where ashton is speaking where her chest is heaving. I do think she is having regrets. I dont think they're regrets in the usual sense maybe but I bet she sure wishes she had made different choices now.

BBM. Looked to me like she was about to have (very close to in fact) a full-blown panic attack. IIRC Casey is said to have had a panic attack one year ago today when Caylee's remains were found. There is grief, and then there is anxitey (panic.) Two very different emotions.

Thank you...just heard HLN on the radio...they reported that Casey was crying...all I could think was how she had been coached to do just that...the one thing missing from all other hearings for the most part so not a surprise IMO. I haven't seen any video so was curious if she pulled it off.

As some wit just posted on Twitter- what she was really crying about was the fact they told her the Jail ran out of Cheetos...:innocent:

Since defense is claiming the duct tape was not the cause of death it is interesting that KC is so upset and appears angry at times. I would not think a description of what you may have done to your child would get that type of reaction unless you were reliving it. Also interesting is when he says Caylee may have struggled while the duct tape was being applied, KC grabs her left wrist in a way as if she is reliving Caylee grabbing at her wrist in a struggle. Hope someone who has studied body language would give us their opinion on her reaction. JMO

Yes, make him stop speculating.

JA has no way of knowing whether Caylee was alive during duct taping. Pure speculation.
JA has no idea if chloroform was used. Pure speculation.
JA has no idea if Caylee was restrained while being duct taped.
JA was not there when it happened.

He has brought an uprise in emotion based on a made up story. He can do that. Its his job. And I agree, Good job! But at the end of the day, there is no evidence to anything he said.

Sorry, I understand the emotions are running high. This is just the way I see . It is my opinion only.

He didn't state those as facts. He said those would be the questions running through jurors minds when considering the death penalty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne