2009.12.11 Discuss Motions hearing. One year to the day Caylee Found #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Jeff Ashton thread (Thanks to the Poster The World According)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92647"]Jeff Ashton - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Did anyone see the synchronized crocodile tears from KC and CA? They were both dabbing their eyes at exactly the same time.

And Casey was doing the fake crying thing she does - she basically pokes herself in the eye, wipes imaginary tears away and sniffles. Completely fake, completely contrived. Frantically pawing your tear ducts does NOT mean you are crying.

You just show up and they let you in. The Anthonys and I were on the 23rd floor for about 20 min when they were notified that the hearing would be on the 12th floor. We just took the elevator down and there were a bunch of reporters hanging around waiting for the doors to open.
Drew Petrimo! that's it. He looked extremely tired this morning. I can't wait to read what Bill Schaffer writes about this. All the reporters were saying "Ashton said that for a reason. He knew what he was doing."
I think it is worth it, every moment of it. Cindy was rocking herself for most of the hearing. She looked defeated from the get-go. After they fled the courtroom, they did return and they were calm and cool and colllected. When the hearing was over, KC no longer appeared to be distraught. From where I sat, she appeared to turn their direction and make eye contact from a distance. She did not notice them when she first came in, not before she left during a 5 min break and not when she returned from the break.
Cindy was carrying a pocketbook the size of Montana. Her coat jacket had about 6 buttons on the sleeves (I was told you can tell the price of a jacket by the number of buttons on the sleeves, so I make note of that sometimes.) She had about 3 silver bracelets on one wrist (one was a charm bracelet) and she and several of those folks she sat near wore those white with purple silcone Caylee bracelets.

I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you for taking time out of your busy life for attending in person. It does make a difference to have an 'eye witness' account....

MOO

Wow...so KC really has no control over her emotions in the court room, which means the trial is going to be brutal for her.

She will need lots of coaching. The JURY will be looking at her and the reaction she gave today will not help her case.

How is the search for the real killer coming for the A's??

PS: I just poked myself in the eye and I got about two tears. So it works, who taught her that trick? MOO

I don't think Casey will be able to make it through the trial without some sort of outburst...Either real or scripted

She's so spoiled & she thinks she can fool everyone

I can definitely see her jumping up shouting..."That's a lie" or something along those lines

Is the video of Kathi's meeting with Jose, after the hearing, posted anywhere ?

BBM-I actually did not see this....I think that she was crying from anger. JMO.

ITA. Anger and humiliation. The good luck shamrock coloured shirt doesn't seem to be working either. I did see it and I think her eyes were leaking causing her mascara to smudge. Interestingly, they appear to leak alternately because no tear was shed from the eye not being dabbed at any given moment. Weird that. Almost defies physiology.

Well, after this morning I think the defence will be dancing another dance.

They filed all these motions for today's hearing but never anticipated the blunt response of the state.

That's not good!

I think KC may be having a few more panic attacks after today. One of them may be a reality attack.

And Casey was doing the fake crying thing she does - she basically pokes herself in the eye, wipes imaginary tears away and sniffles. Completely fake, completely contrived. Frantically pawing your tear ducts does NOT mean you are crying.

I think she was actually crying each of those times. her nose went all bright red. good luck poking yourself in the eye and getting a red nose :biglaugh:

For those that can watch HLN is playing the Baez interview after the hearing when he tells Kathy B she is in fairy land. :) They have replayed it several times. Along with Mr. Ashton's brilliant arguments on the motion.

Yes, the wrist grabbing is interesting. I always wondered if she was also attacked at the same time as Caylee, at least early on. You know the way she always said to her family, "But I'm still here...." etc. As if that was one good thing that had come out of what happened. Which wouldn't really make sense unless both of them had been in danger or nearly died.

Speaking of the weird body language, how about that very weird thing she did early in the hearing where she was just sitting there and then suddenly reacted as if she'd been hit in the back of the head and went "ow!" reaching for the back of her head?

BBM

If she said that, in my opinion it would have been to restore what she felt should be the rightful order of things; in other words, that she, KC, was still their Princess, so GA & CA should forget about Caylee and focus on her they way they used to.

And they have ever since.

Also, JMHO, I think KC actually finally "got" what is going on in her case. I don't think she is in solely her own little world anymore. I think some of her reactions today show, to me, that KC gets this is not some "mistrial" waiting to happen or that it is all going away or that the prosecution is not actually out to get justice for the REAL victim in this case...Caylee. KC is not a victim...unless you can be a victim of your own stupidity.

Lyon went off about the day of the remains being found and how the orange county jail personnel "set up" casey on video.

Kinda odd she would choose to bring up the one year anniversary of Caylee's remains being found for any reason. As if the real travesty was the paranoid delusion of Casey being 'set up' instead of a two year old girl being found in the woods in a trash bag. Classy, AL!

ooo, what would you have said in the note?
Something wicked. We should start a thread and I'll pass it forward next time. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. (Do you think Cindy is the only one who has note passing privileges?)

I'm certainly no body language expert, but Casey's body language while JA was talking really shook me to the core. Not just looking angry and defiant- which she definitely did, but her hiding behind her arm and her head sinking while JA was describing it. It didn't look, to me, like head in hands sobbing grief- it looked like..."Shield me from having to relieve what I've done".

I've said time and time again that I am keeping an open mind about this case- and I am. I understand that the defense is doing their job, I get why they're trying to get the death penalty off the table, and I'm not 100% confident in the state's case. I also agree with the poster who said that JA is speculating about how Caylee died, at this point.

But nothing can convince me, on a personal level, that Casey's actions today did not not look like one of a GUILTY person being confronted with her actions.

I think that Casey is used to having control and calling the shots, and being to talk her way out of everything. I think that this is the first time that she KNOWS that others KNOW at least a small PIECE of what happened, and there is no way out.

the arm over the face, the sinkng down and crying, not looking anyone in the eye, hiding- I work with kids, and this is how they often react when they get caught doing something they shouldn't. Hide their face with their arms (not even hands! Their arms, just like that...) and cry. They refuse to look at me, because they are ashamed, and know they have been caught.

I feel really weird today.

eta: of course, this is just a personal opinion.

Also, JMHO, I think KC actually finally "got" what is going on in her case. I don't think she is in solely her own little world anymore. I think some of her reactions today show, to me, that KC gets this is not some "mistrial" waiting to happen or that it is all going away or that the prosecution is not actually out to get justice for the REAL victim in this case...Caylee. KC is not a victim...unless you can be a victim of your own stupidity.

ITA - AL has had a little talk obviously because the last two hearings she actually acted serious. She doesn't have that "I'm gonna be on the beach in Miami when this is all over" look any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub