2010.01.15 Letter to Judge Strickland WFTV

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe I have ever had a wish that KC would be found innocent. In fact, if she is guilty, I believe she should spend the rest of her life in prison. The only wish I have is that there could be one piece of physical evidence in this case, that could remove my doubts.This letter neither changed nor confirmed any of my opinions in this case. It merely represents a pretty good summary of many of my questions.

I have looked for some sort of confirmation that a hair with apparent decomp on it could be found in that trunk. Unfortunately for me, every bit of research I have done on this subject seems to suggest that the death band does not appear until 90 days after death. I realize that the FBI analyst states there is apparent decomp on the hair. In my research, I was trying to confirm the belief that there is indeed the possibility of a death band on the hair. I could not confirm this in my research. When that analyst is placed on the stand at trial, and while under cross examination, that analyst convinces me that the hair was from a deceased Caylee, that will pretty much close the case for me. The same goes for the Adicpocere. Like I said, I wish there was one piece of evidence that could erase my doubts. These two pieces if proven to be fact in court will successfully convince me. So, in essence, if one is certain the prosecution will prove all these questionable facts presented in the letter, to be facts that favor the prosecutions case, then this letter should in no way be problematic. moo

Hi DA!!

The defense's own expert says that even though there has not been substantial research, some research that has been done, has found a death band in a short period of time after death. (my interpretation of his statement)

GRACE: And Koby, how long does it take post-mortem -- after death -- for the band, the dark band, to appear between the shaft and the nucleus, the root of the hair?

KOBILINSKY: Well, there haven`t been very many studies, but it happens over a very short time course -- hours, and perhaps a day, perhaps two days. But it should form and they should be able to see it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0808/01/ng.01.html

bbm
This is a clue as to the self entitlement this person or persons seem to possess.
That letter might have been better placed in the Letters to the Editor section of the OS although I doubt they would have published it.

I`m expecting more letters, video events staged by GA et al over the next several months to fuel this groups ego and sense of entitlement.
Funny though the CMA Foundation has remained silent over baby Gabriels dissapearance. The media makes constant comparisons to his mother vs Caylees and silence from the crowd in Orlando.
I guess they just want media scrutiny for the sake of it rather than to serve a meaningful purpose.....like fulfilling their foundations mission statement.
If only we were as daft as they give us credit for. :croc:

The letter gives a link to a publication that supposedly describes the production of chloroform from cleaning solutions and water. However, the link does not seem to go anywhere. Here is what I think the link is:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es0622271

Did I read it correctly or not? A dead link won't do the judge much good.

came up dead when I typed it up exactly as in document...you read it correctly. Geez, this person really needs a basic freshman writing class...as someone mentioned earlier, there is no evidence of even understanding that citation styles and protocols exist, let alone should be followed!

Ho hum....still checking on the Orlando news websites.....waiting for some media buzz about a pile of signed, sworn affidavits from KC's mystery-people!! Wow---front page news--these people exist.....
NOT!

Sorry to be cliche, but please dear letter writer....show us "the money".

*Bold and color change by Phumi*

I disagree. I believe that any statement that was supported by facts would be taken very seriously by most of the WS posters who already think KC is guilty.
For instance, if a man named Jeff Hopkins wrote a letter to the judge saying that ZFG was his ex-girlfriend and sitter, that she sat for Caylee as well, and that she had left town never to be heard from again sometime in the middle of June 2008, and all of that could be verified, I know I'd sit up and take notice.

I am confused as to what the disagreement is??? It seems to me, that we are in agreement, if a statement is supported by facts (I.E. information released by LE or the Prosecution via the Sunshine Law) then that statement will be taken seriously. If there is no documentation to back up a statement, then it will not taken seriously.

I have reread this letter, and there is no proof provided backing up the writers allegations. Nonetheless, I found the letter interesting. I would like the answers to some of the questions and issues posed in this letter. I wonder if there have been any letters submitted to the judge from anyone believing that KC is guilty? moo

I am surprised that this letter is just now being sent to JS. All of this information has been "out there" for awhile - like a year or so. Why is it just now being compiled and delivered? In order to believe that LE is unethically prosecuting KC, one would have to believe that many, many people from SAO, OCSO, FBI, FDLE, MBI, etc, all got together and planned out a huge scheme to frame KC. They would all have to cooperate in said scheme in order to not be able to provide any evidence to back KC's stories. That, in itself, would be a huge undertaking. There is no way possible that so many people could be convinced to lie in order to frame one person (KC) for something they didn't do. This conspiracy theory angle - that KC is being framed - is so ridiculous, it doesn't deserve any attention whatsoever, IMO.

I had posted this link some time ago but the whole thread that I answered on went POOF. I have been somewhat hesitant to post ever since.

I have not found much on post mortem root banding apart from studies that are quite old but in this case a man was exonerated in 2005 in part by evidence involving a "death band." I am trying to find out who the experts were in this case, no luck yet though.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/171.php

"The expert concluded, based on 20 years of research and expertise, that the hairs displayed “post-mortem root banding,” a hallmark of decomposition that only occurs while hairs are attached to a corpse that has been dead for at least 8 hours, if not days or weeks. "

I am confused as to what the disagreement is??? It seems to me, that we are in agreement, if a statement is supported by facts (I.E. information released by LE or the Prosecution via the Sunshine Law) then that statement will be taken seriously. If there is no documentation to back up a statement, then it will not taken seriously.

I have reread this letter, and there is no proof provided backing up the writers allegations. Nonetheless, I found the letter interesting. I would like the answers to some of the questions and issues posed in this letter. I wonder if there have been any letters submitted to the judge from anyone believing that KC is guilty? moo

I was responding to this portion of your post
" Generally speaking anything that comes about, that is not in the form of evidentiary documents released by LE or the Prosecution, that disputes the belief that KC is guilty, will be ridiculed and considered a plot to taint the jury pool by a desperate defense, in the court of public opinion." I was giving an example of a letter being sent to the judge by one of KC's non-existent friends. That would be something that I (and I imagine many others here) would not ridicule. Would I want it confirmed? Sure.

I disagree as to your statement that only information released by LE or the prosecution will be taken seriously.

If I misunderstood you, I apologize.

Hi DA!!

The defense's own expert says that even though there has not been substantial research, some research that has been done, has found a death band in a short period of time after death. (my interpretation of his statement)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0808/01/ng.01.html

I think most of us are aware how quickly decomposition progresses in a temperature environment of well over 90 degrees. This was not a case of decomposition in a mild or cold climate environment. It makes sense to me, the post mortem death band is dependent on a certain stage of decomp. Because of the extreme heat, and fast rate of decomposition, the body had reached the stage required for a death band to appear. I'm certainly no expert. This is just what makes the most sense to me.

Thanks so much for this thread and posting the letter. Well, I have to say I agree with the writer of the letter on some points. I saw one or two I felt pretty sure I disagreed with, I thought the writer was mistaken but I could be wrong on those. The writer offers addresses and so on for a couple of the points, so maybe there's some truth to them, hope those angles will be investigated. To me the writer sounds very sincere, just someone like us who has followed the case and even sleuthed quite a bit. Seems odd to direct the letter to the judge, though I guess the judge has a standard way to process/admit such letters received from the public and I doubt it would influence him, anymore than the constant prosecution-biased coverage on TV, for example, and presumably all the info mentioned in the letter is from public record anyway. I don't see anything wrong with the person trying to offer the information they believe they have for the record and expressing an opinion. Facts will stand up as facts and things that prove to be untrue will be just that. I can identify with some of the writer's frustration regarding this case, to a degree. JMO

I had posted this link some time ago but the whole thread that I answered on went POOF. I have been somewhat hesitant to post ever since.

I have not found much on post mortem root banding apart from studies that are quite old but in this case a man was exonerated in 2005 in part by evidence involving a "death band." I am trying to find out who the experts were in this case, no luck yet though.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/171.php

"The expert concluded, based on 20 years of research and expertise, that the hairs displayed “post-mortem root banding,” a hallmark of decomposition that only occurs while hairs are attached to a corpse that has been dead for at least 8 hours, if not days or weeks. "

The expert's conclusion supports the State's evidence against KC, and goes against allegations made by the author of the letter.

I understand the man in this case was exonerated. In part, because the victim was only alleged to have been in the van for a few minutes after death. In this case the body was not in the van the required amount of time to produce post mortem death banding.

The evidence against KC is much stronger because of the obvious smell of decomposition, as confirmed by many witnesses. Not to mention, the cadaver dog hit on the truck of the car. The evidence against KC supports the body being in the trunk for the period of time required to produce post mortem death banding.
IMO~

I am going to say this only one time.* It is not directed at any poster or any specific opinion.* We as WS do an amazing job.....we all know how overworked LE, investigators, attorneys, and people in any field related to crimes and victims are, and that they don't have enough hours in a day to do as much as they would like.* Resources are thin, budget cuts hurt victims more than criminals.* If you can't afford an attorney to defend you when charged, the State pays for it.* In any other field...when does that happen?* When people state that LE ignored real evidence, that they never investigated, that they didn't try hard enough.......it really gets my goat.* I have 2 LE officers in my family...I have a number of attorneys too...I see both sides.* I understand that in certain cases it may ring true.* BUT......what I don't believe is that real info is ignored or dismissed.* I find it hard to believe that with as many that people visit this site every day (including LE and attorneys) points in an annonymous letter with info as old as my membership, have not been investigated.* If we haven't seen it.....there is a reason.* We are not entitled to police investigation records.* We just plain are not.* The sunshine laws in this case have indulged us, they have proven our early thoughts with the release of doc dumps and they have given us angles to further investigate.* If LE investigated those addresses....that means they pulled up records associated with them.* They know who lived there before and probably what color their current vehicle is painted.* We don't see that info because it is no longer or never was part of an investigation.* Those who theorize that we haven't seen it because they didn't investigate are entitled to that opinion.* I come here to sleuth and to explore options, I choose not to accuse people of failing to do their job investigating, when I have no way to measure what they did and did not do.* If any credible info was contained in this letter...it's been reviewed because as we ALL know...it's been out there in various emails, snips, posts, and soundbites since day 31.* Thank you for being such a great group to post with.* I learn more every day.* My brain is so full, soon I'll need a data dump to make room for more.

I've read the letter and the emails and they are similar, at least to me, high probability it is the same person..

I wonder why the author "a Concerned Citizen" wasn't concerned enough to give the Judge their name.

BBM

Because this person thinks she is above the law, above reproach, that she is entitled to address the Judge and have him hear her, come hell or high water!

It is the ignorance and/or arrogance of people like this that are dangers to our justice system. They are either scared to death of the outcome at trial so they send pure fiction to JS, or they feel it is incumbent upon them to derail the justice system. Either way, they are dangerous!

I don't know that I would call them mentally unstable because they try to be as sly as a fox. Maybe the word I would use is "evil".

My above post was not meant as criticism of any honest, hardworking law enforcement officers, by the way! Not that I think you were referring to my post, Sleutherontheside, but just to make that clear about my own post. :)

Probably one of several (or many) letters written directly to the court by members of the public, I would think. And the judge no doubt admits them all to the record through a standard process.

My above post was not meant as criticism of any honest, hardworking law enforcement officers, by the way! Not that I think you were referring to my post, Sleutherontheside, but just to make that clear about my own post. :)

Not at all Seagull......I started this post last night, got interrupted, then realized it was still timely after coming back to this today. There is an opinion on boards other than this one....frankly more elsewhere than here that there is some vast conspiracy. Just felt timely.

I think most of us are aware how quickly decomposition progresses in a temperature environment of well over 90 degrees. This was not a case of decomposition in a mild or cold climate environment. It makes sense to me, the post mortem death band is dependent on a certain stage of decomp. Because of the extreme heat, and fast rate of decomposition, the body had reached the stage required for a death band to appear. I'm certainly no expert. This is just what makes the most sense to me.

You're right. General rule of thumb is for every 10°C increase in temperature the rate of a chemical reaction approximately doubles. This is true for most chemical reactions, but it's only a "rule of thumb" and can't be applied to ALL chemical reactions. It's based on the Arrhenius equation (we called it the erronius equation in my Pchem class, cause it's a BEAST to derive and we made lots of errors in attempting it, lol). It's an assumption that's pretty useful in general chemistry, but it doesn't account for the complex nature of biochemical reactions.
Biological systems function optimally over a range of temperatures.... but there is a point at which changes in temperature will no longer increase the reaction rate. Temperatures that are too high (or too low) will ultimately denature enzymes and/or damage the critter's ability to function. That's why differen't organisms (aka critters) exist in certain environments and thrive under certain conditions. Think of a bell-shaped curve when you're looking at the effects of temp on living systems.
For example, you can study the way temperature effects the metabolism of yeast by measuring the amount of carbon dioxide they produce (their waste product) over a range of temperatures. You'll find that the amount of carbon dioxide they produce will increase as temperature increases to a point. Beyond that point, continuing to increase the temperature will not result in any further increase in metabolic activity. Even further increases in temperature will decrease the metabolic activity. Very high temperatures will put a stop to metabolism (it kills/cooks the yeast).
This is probably WAY more explanation that anyone cared to have... but hope it's helpful anyway! :blowkiss:

Hmm...well the trial's are about to begin and the damage control is in full force I see. All the letter's, George even read his live, the interview with Lyons...we have much more to see coming from this circus.

"IMO" This letter was written by Cindy or she had someone write it for her.
If you read carefully does this not sound like the grammar that Cindy would use? The words, "Misconstrued" and others.
The fact that the person who wrote the letter claims they know "Cindy Cleaned Out the Car".
All the information about the "Grunds" and Casey's ex.
The name given as Caylee's father. I will believe that one thought. I sure hope LE will get his DNA ASAP. Was this a slip from whom ever wrote this letter?
This person is doing a lot of finger pointing and I hope LE finds out who he/she are so they can face some charges....enough with the BS I say and let's get the trials rolling and Justice for Caylee!!!!

I really feel this was something that Cindy A. wrote. Who else would have access to this information if LE didn't look into it as they say? Maybe LE never got any of this info or they did and these people don't know anything about what happen to Caylee.
Again, to me Cindy passed along this letter to someone, or she wrote it herself. JMO

All kind of kooks come out of the woodwork on high profile cases. Before it is over we will likely see a lot more silly letters and even some folks making false confessions. Just laugh and chalk it up to what it is....inconsequential, just as Ms. Wray's and the other recent one are, imo. More than 200 people, for example, confessed to the 1932 kidnapping and murder of Charles Lindbergh's infant son.

Hello WS

I just wrote a post this week called "desperately seeking Juliette" because after all this time, I wonder where she is? Where is Zanny's mother? Where are the sisters, the roommates...etc.

Well, it looks like the author of this letter has found them! Great! Now, all that needs be done is for them to come forward. Or, I guess because they took Caylee they will not come forward so Cindy and George will be right up and following these leads and bringing these people to justice! I am sure Cindy and George and Casey's attys will be getting a hold of this author and getting those addresses so that Casey can get out of jail.

This is all true? I have no problem with that...now we should see things start to happen! These people all exist and if this author found out this information then Cindy and her private detective should have no problem.

I have been wondering this whole time whether or not Casey had appropriate behavior while Caylee was missing but now I see that she never did anything wrong before this...so that must mean she did not hurt Caylee.

Will Casey get to see this? I hope so, now she can come forward knowing that someone else has been able to follow all those leads she gave to LE and to Lee that they just could not or would not follow up on. Are they all in on it? Zanny, Samantha, Victor, Gloria...they must all be? I wonder what JH will have to say about all of this? I see by this letter JH has a wife, I wonder when he got married? Must have been after he broke up with Zanny and had her babysit Caylee and Zach that he met her and married her.

Okay Anthonys. Okay Casey. Okay JB. Here you go, all the information you wanted sleuthed by LE: handed to you on a plate. I am sure we will be hearing soon that George and Cindy are all over this, I know if my daughter were innocent and LE was trying to frame her by not following up on leads on the people who really hurt my granddaughter and I got word of leads: I would be right on that!

Great. Good. Grand. We don't need a trial for Casey. Let's go get these people! They exist and are just out there living, knowing that an innocent Casey is in jail. I wonder why they did take Caylee and hurt her? Now, we will find out the truth.

Obviously this is all sarcastic, but I do want to say: I don't WANT Casey to be guilty. I don't WANT it to be true that any adult ever hurts any child. I want to know why, what reason-other than pure evil-would LE and the FBI be wanting to frame an innocent mother? And, why couldn't Lee find these people? Why hasn't Cindy or George gone non stop to find these leads to help save their daughter? Why do strangers care more(the author of this letter)to investigate what Casey says is true than her own family. Shouldn't we have been getting this information from her family that knows she is innocent?

"but in reading her transcripts doesn't actually lie most of the time but is misquoted..." how is she misquoted? If all you have are the transcripts to go by how do you know she was "misquoted?" Hello, author? Please explain because there are a lot of people who want to know the truth of what happened to Caylee and you seem to have it all figured out.

"The story that keeps on changing is the prosecution's-when one scenario does not fit they move to another." I would like an example for this one, I have only known the prosecution to have one story: Casey did it. While the defense has had story after story...

"I have been able to confirm almost everything she said although the police have apparently not." Okay. One more time...well, then everything should be getting cleared up now-right? Way to go citizen. Way to go...

...jmo...
...and what would have prevented Mr. JH from coming forward? Surely someone must remember him and his son Zach. If as the writer claims, LE is surpressing evidence, what is to prevent this man from coming forward? He seems like an ordinary guy who has had absolutely NOTHING to do with Caylee's disappearance, so why not step forward? And, I must ask once again, why did Casey have a need for a nanny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResortedOnce