2010.03.18 KC's indigency hearing #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Orange County guard is in big trouble, from what I understand. Playing the middle man passing the notes.

Yep, more collateral damage ... someone else may lose their job over this ... when will it end ... how many more people will get dragged into this ??

From what I read one of the inmates passing notes was an ex-correctional officer and that may be why she was able to get special "privileges"

Wow. Can't believe I finally reached the end of the thread. :)

Some observations from today:

Hmmmm... And Cindy's face was really red. Like she spent too much time in the sun the last few days... or something. :)

Thanks for your detailed observations, Muzikman. :) Sorry I snipped so much, but I'm soooooo curious about Cindy's behavior. In the clips I saw it appeared she kept her back turned to George all the time. Did you notice that in the courtroom, too?

TIA!

First, walk in and sit down, and CHENEY MASON is at the defense table and ANDREA is not. WHOA! Big change! And no Mort Smith either! He's been at all of the hearings for the last year or so. And LKB is there, haven't seen her in a while...

Couldn't help but notice - even from just a side view, from a distance - that Casey had a ton of makeup on. Hmmmm... And Cindy's face was really red. Like she spent too much time in the sun the last few days... or something. :)

When money was being discussed, I saw Andrea shaking her head "NO" several times and mouthing "They lie." I'm not really a lip reader, but it was obvious.

Loved it when Frank George brought up last years in-camera hearing and said "the numbers don't jive." heh

Loved it even more when Judge S said "No, in public." As a taxpayer, I don't want to see money going to someone whose attorney has mis-managed the large amount of money that was available. If it can be proven that he did mis-manage, he needs to pay everything else OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET. :furious:

Could not BELIEVE that the defense was so unprepared, with no paperwork or accounting. That was the WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS HEARING. Wished the Judge would have called them on it harshly - they deserved it for wasting courtroom (and taxpayer) time.

Joy W came in late, about 11:30. So did Brad Conway, around 12:10.

So, the $164,000 question: WHERE IS IT, BAEZ? Vague answers don't work for this taxpayer! :furious::furious::furious:
Wow, MM! You sat throught the trial AND made it through this thread?! You deserve a pitcher of martinis. :)

First, walk in and sit down, and CHENEY MASON is at the defense table and ANDREA is not. WHOA! Big change! And no Mort Smith either! He's been at all of the hearings for the last year or so. And LKB is there, haven't seen her in a while...

Couldn't help but notice - even from just a side view, from a distance - that Casey had a ton of makeup on. Hmmmm... And Cindy's face was really red. Like she spent too much time in the sun the last few days... or something. :)

When money was being discussed, I saw Andrea shaking her head "NO" several times and mouthing "They lie." I'm not really a lip reader, but it was obvious.

Loved it when Frank George brought up last years in-camera hearing and said "the numbers don't jive." heh

Loved it even more when Judge S said "No, in public." As a taxpayer, I don't want to see money going to someone whose attorney has mis-managed the large amount of money that was available. If it can be proven that he did mis-manage, he needs to pay everything else OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET. :furious:

Could not BELIEVE that the defense was so unprepared, with no paperwork or accounting. That was the WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS HEARING. Wished the Judge would have called them on it harshly - they deserved it for wasting courtroom (and taxpayer) time.

Joy W came in late, about 11:30. So did Brad Conway, around 12:10.

So, the $164,000 question: WHERE IS IT, BAEZ? Vague answers don't work for this taxpayer! :furious::furious::furious:

Thanks for the low down ... can you tell me what you thought of the overall mood in court today ... on TV, it looked rather jovial to me ... Cindy joking and laughing with Holly ... George even smiling a bit ... KC smiling and laughing ... WTH? Wasn't it suppose to be an indigency hearing for a defendant facing capital murder charges ??? KC looked like the cat that swollowed the bird ... to me ... I would love your take on it ...

Thanks for your detailed observations, Muzikman. :) Sorry I snipped so much, but I'm soooooo curious about Cindy's behavior. In the clips I saw it appeared she kept her back turned to George all the time. Did you notice that in the courtroom, too?

TIA!

We noticed that they seemed distant to each other, I would say. Despite Cindy trying to make it appear otherwise by arm-rubs and such.

To me, A marked difference from say, a year ago.

Thanks for the low down ... can you tell me what you thought of the overall mood in court today ... on TV, it looked rather jovial to me ... Cindy joking and laughing with Holly ... George even smiling a bit ... KC smiling and laughing ... WTH? Wasn't it suppose to be an indigency hearing for a defendant facing capital murder charges ??? KC looked like the cat that swollowed the bird ... to me ... I would love your take on it ...

To be honest, I didn't look around too much and observe as much as I have in the past - I was pretty intent on listening to the Judge, the JAC attorney, the SA and the defense.

There has always been a bit of joviality at these hearings, IMO, despite the subject matter and gravity of the situation. I did notice Casey smiling and laughing quite a bit today.

Almost like she doesn't realize the seriousness of the situation. :banghead:

Like she thinks this new attorney is going to suddenly get her off or something. I got a feeling that the WHOLE DEFENSE TEAM thinks that now.

Despite his impressive credentials, I was not too impressed by J Cheney today, myself.

i did tell you what he basically said. he said others are looking into them , i said thats not a secret . thats all- he said that things will come out . i did not want ti violate his privacy . thats why we spoke of he said he loves the color and his shirt was violet purple-color, his shirtironed-lol , shopping, i did not want to make him uncomfortable as i am not a media reporter. if anyone else spoke of it i waled away when he spoke with media or others he knew. i was just waiting for court doors to open. we all were by door in hallway. i was not going to make him feel i was interviewing- i am just a lady who posts. i do write books- but not about them.

Thank YOU SO Much! I wish I lived in FL we could have had a group hug.There but for the GRACE of GOD goes I.Caylee must have been so sad because She loved them very much.To honor Caylee I will not attack them.
I agree with post and your other one.I can understand checking everyone who might have hurt MY GRANDCHILD.Any Grandparent would react the way they did,KC twisted their mine with lies.I would have acted exactly as they did,maybe even worse.The shock and horror a families worse nightmare.That tape of the 911 call I will never forget her terror.No one expects a daughter to do what she did.They have the right to investigate anyone ,the police said KC did they felt no one was listening.They were sent ims saying Jesse raped a friend of course you might start thinking it could be him his dad's blog seemed very weird to me.I wonder how many of the crazy emails came from helpers for the defense to add more leads .They did get pictures of kids that people did send.Why couldnt LE let them see that airport tape it seemed like they made things harder for them and that was in the beginning.Keep the hate on KC. FWIW They had No Caylee to see one last time.I would wonder was that really her and if people sent me pics that resembled her and they want to feel she is still out there so be it.If I were in there shoes I would feel the same way.In a minute anyone s life can be changed.JMO

Have not made it all the way through the thread yet - but this post by Macushla bears repeating.

And for some reason, after watching Cheney in court today, and then watching him at their presser afterwards - I had the sudden premonition that he will be hospitalized before the trial. I have NO IDEA where that came from... but he is near retirement.

Really Weird! I had the exact same premonition - that he would not be here for the trial.

iirc henry lee also said at the beginning that he was working probono too. where did he go? and the reichs lady as well. but i cant remember if she said she was working probono. so thats at least one very expensive expert that said they werent gonna get paid.

Kathy Reichs said she signed a confidentiality agreement, and could not reveal how she was getting paid. She did not say she was pro bono.

To be honest, I didn't look around too much and observe as much as I have in the past - I was pretty intent on listening to the Judge, the JAC attorney, the SA and the defense.

There has always been a bit of joviality at these hearings, IMO, despite the subject matter and gravity of the situation. I did notice Casey smiling and laughing quite a bit today.

Like she thinks this new attorney is going to suddenly get her off or something. I got a feeling that the WHOLE DEFENSE TEAM thinks that now.

Despite his impressive credentials, I was not too impressed by J Cheney today, myself.

Very early today while watching the hearing I posted that I thought KC was all smiles and smirks because she was excited about her new attorney. Later in the day on Issues on HLN (or some other show) it was reported that the attorney had just signed on at 11:00 today! In my opinion that is why she just could not control the smiling - she thinks she is now truly saved.

Yep, more collateral damage ... someone else may lose their job over this ... when will it end ... how many more people will get dragged into this ??

From what I read one of the inmates passing notes was an ex-correctional officer and that may be why she was able to get special "privileges"

Actually, in my opinion this corrections officer who assisted in passing the notes deserves to lose their job. An idiot would know that passing notes between prisoners, especially one in protective custody is forbidden. DUH!

MM...the defense and the judge have been discussed a lot on this thread...but not much mention of the State. What can you offer about their position/performance?

In watching KC, she has been laughing, smiling, smirking, rolling her eyes and acting like she is having the time of her life. I really think she views this whole process as a movie that she is starring in. .

This is why she will never plead to anything IMO. Why would she? What would be in it for her? Look at all the commotion today - all about her.

They put on a good show today acting like they hit a home run.KC seems happy to be there, underneath her dead looking eyes those dark bags she was crying for her self. They wanted to give the perception that all is great for KC IMO people watching today are going to remember her laughter as
very out of place.IMO
:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Very early today while watching the hearing I posted that I thought KC was all smiles and smirks because she was excited about her new attorney. Later in the day on Issues on HLN (or some other show) it was reported that the attorney had just signed on at 11:00 today! In my opinion that is why she just could not control the smiling - she thinks she is now truly saved.

I think you may be right that KC thinks CM is her new best friend. But that also suggests that she's lost faith in her former best friends, Baez and Lyon.

KC is an opportunist, of course. Whenever someone new shows up it's "out with the old and in with the new" for her. :twocents:

Waaaay late in this thread, and kinda OT, but since it was asked a few times much earlier in this thread - why was Secret Service involved?

I haven't seen or heard what was said or how it was mentioned, but a few quick thoughts:

USSS has a stellar ECSAP program - agents who do electronic crimes investigations, computer and cell phone forensic exams, etc. Usually people think of FBI for those, but in reality, some FBI offices hand off these electronic forensic exams to the USSS due to case backlog or needed expertise and software. They also could have become involved at the request of any other local or state LE agency.

Also, USSS handles a lot of document exams - authentication, handwriting exams, forensics on paper and ink used, etc.

They could have been brought in for a number of reasons. Everything from cell phone forensics, or computers...to authenticating the letters Casey has allegedly written to another inmate...or financial fraud, etc. Many more possibilities.

Waaaay late in this thread, and kinda OT, but since it was asked a few times much earlier in this thread - why was Secret Service involved?

I haven't seen or heard what was said or how it was mentioned, but a few quick thoughts:

USSS has a stellar ECSAP program - agents who do electronic crimes investigations, computer and cell phone forensic exams, etc. Usually people think of FBI for those, but in reality, some FBI offices hand off these electronic forensic exams to the USSS due to case backlog or needed expertise and software. They also could have become involved at the request of any other local or state LE agency.

Also, USSS handles a lot of document exams - authentication, handwriting exams, forensics on paper and ink used, etc.

They could have been brought in for a number of reasons. Everything from cell phone forensics, or computers...to authenticating the letters Casey has allegedly written to another inmate...or financial fraud, etc. Many more possibilities.
hey there Dawg :seeya:

JB in his testimony was talking about the list of experts that the State has filed and he was naming agencies and said "even the Secret Service at one point was consulted." I caught it - wrote it down in my notes I did. I thought it odd and wondered why.

Thankx for the insight.

hey there Dawg :seeya:

JB in his testimony was talking about the list of experts that the State has filed and he was naming agencies and said "even the Secret Service at one point was consulted." I caught it - wrote it down in my notes I did. I thought it odd and wondered why.

Thankx for the insight.

Howdy SWAG! Nice to see you!

Thanks for explaining how it brought up.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member