2010.03.18 New High Powered Attorney Cheney Mason Joins DT *MERGED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was interesting when he said he had not dealt with the JAC since somewhere around 1976...And now suddenly, he gets in on THIS deal? What is so special about THIS case I wonder? In light of over THIRTY YEARS of NOT taking indigent cases?

A positive reading of why he took this case might be that he truly believes justice is best served by a defendant receiving a robust defense (which I do also, even though it can be painful to watch), and he could see that was not going to happen here unless he (or someone else of high caliber) stepped in. Based on his earlier statements he probably doesn't believe KC will be found not guilty, but he wants the trial to proceed correctly so he, nearing retirement, has decided to step up and get things done.
There is still scope in this scenario for him to be an egotistical blowhard.

He seemed likable to me. So he's old, is there anything wrong with that? He seemed to lighten up the atmosphere. Its good to see Kc smile, its time to stop the name calling and get back to the evidence. If Kc walks, its because she is truly innocent, not because this man made her innocent. There is nothing to be afraid of. If the evidence is there, then it will show she is guilty. So far, the evidence just isn't there in my opinion.

"It's good to see KC smile"? I'm sorry, but who's side are you on? You're glad KC is happy? I don't get it. Too bad Caylee isn't happy too. I'd love to wipe that disgusting smile off of KC's horse face. :banghead:

]"It's good to see KC smile"? [/B]I'm sorry, but who's side are you on? You're glad KC is happy? I don't get it. Too bad Caylee isn't happy too. I'd love to wipe that disgusting smile off of KC's horse face. :banghead:

bbm
I found that statement to be creepy. Even if that person doesn't want to believe KC is guilty, a precious innocent baby girl was murdered! What is there to smile about???

I will continue to pray for Caylee's justice.

bbm
I found that statement to be creepy. Even if that person doesn't want to believe KC is guilty, a precious innocent baby girl was murdered! What is there to smile about???

I will continue to pray for Caylee's justice.
Yes a precious child has died, but none of us have heard all the evidence.

And until we have heard all of the evidence, none of us are capable of suspending our emotion for years so that we can never crack a smile during a light hearted moment in a court proceeding. It is not humanly possible.

And until we have heard all of the evidence, none of us are capable of suspending our emotion for years so that we can never crack a smile during a light hearted moment in a court proceeding. It is not humanly possible.

Perhaps you are correct. Just for clarification I was only referrring to Casey being able to smile. For me, as a Mom (btw when I was 21 I already had two children), even if I were innocent sitting through court hearings, I don't think I could smile.... JMO

:laughitup:Oh yes, gamom, you are so wise. It will be a complete surprise to her. It will be televised over and over again for years on tv that sweet moment when the "guilty verdict" is read so I hope she washes her hair for the big event.. I'll be there with you and a few thousand other people waving good-bye. :seeya::wave::seeya::wave::seeya::wave:

:Banane19:Na na na na...hey, hey, hey....Good bye....

LOL

With all due respect Mr Hornsby, the fact that Casey is able to smile..and be capable of showing emotions NOW, is in stark contrast to her inability to show ANY sign of true emotions when her daughter went missing.

I agree it's not humanly possible for her to forever suppress her smiles. But, you would think that the one moment when it would be possible, would be when she was in court talking about the death of her beloved child.

But I have never lost a child so I don't know.

With all due respect Mr Hornsby, the fact that Casey is able to smile..and be capable of showing emotions NOW, is in stark contrast to her inability to show ANY sign of true emotions when her daughter went missing.

With all due respect, it is humanly impossible to not show emotion FOREVER. I will fault her for a lot of things, but not for laughing during a light hearted moment.

I agree it's not humanly possible for her to forever suppress her smiles. But, you would think that the one moment when it would be possible, would be when she was in court talking about the death of her beloved child.

But I have never lost a child so I don't know.

Caylee was not even mentioned (that I can remember) during the hearing. If she laughed after Ashton's "theory" presentation, I would understand the contempt.

With all due respect, it is humanly impossible to not show emotion FOREVER. I will fault her for a lot of things, but not for laughing during a light hearted moment.

Well, actually I would fault her, for never showing grief at any other instance.

"It's good to see KC smile"? I'm sorry, but who's side are you on? You're glad KC is happy? I don't get it. Too bad Caylee isn't happy too. I'd love to wipe that disgusting smile off of KC's horse face. :banghead:

BBM. I personally think that Caylee is happy now. Caylee has got "people", plenty of people. Some are working very hard to guide this and seek justice for her while she plays and skips with the angels. Caylee is in the majority. 99% of all people adore Caylee. Caylee lives in our hearts forever. You cannot compete with that.

In stark contrast KC can have the largest Defense team in the world and it will never change the facts. Facts are facts. The key ingredient Cheney brings is to over-compensate for JB and ensure that we only go through the trial ONCE. No appeals based on incompetence or rookies.

Caylee enjoys the global 'dream' team. Justice for Caylee.

Will be interesting to see how his demeanor changes when the case "ain't so much fun anymore".....

BBM

Sorry to interrupt the flow of the thread, but I am just now catching up here. I just had to stop and tell you, Kentjbkent, that I had a big, hearty laugh over your post!!! Love your sense of humor!

BBM - and that WILL happen!!! LOL!

I am in the minority. That means I am prolly not on your side. I assume Kc is innocent. So yes, she can smile. MOO

Yes, I expect even KC to smile when a smile is in order. The only line I personally would have drawn is referring to taking the case because it is "fun"-No matter what we think of KC or the Anthony's, their family member is dead, not so fun.
And if you ask an emotionally invested person, like AL, I am not sure she would use "fun" either, especially when she has a client possibly facing death.
I think it's pretty cool to file complaints againt check bouncers that are avoiding me, and watch the process play out in court....and because you are an attorney, I am sure you understand how the process can be very fulfilling and awesome to participate in....but I decided not to tell the ticked off defendants that I was enjoying the process.
Some things should be saved for post-trial, a memoir, comments amongst other lawyers, when I tell my client I got his $$$, etc....but could he hold off on the "fun" while the family members are still dealing with this?
Ah, I am not a censor, but there is something to be said for being considerate of others, that's all.

I am in the minority. That means I am prolly not on your side. I assume Kc is innocent. So yes, she can smile. MOO

Dunno.

I must admit if I was in this pickle, being stuck in jail for so long [years] when I knew I was innocent, that JB has compelling testimony saved for trial and, TM had proof Caylee was placed there after KC was in jail --- I'd personallly be furious. :furious: Get me out of here now!

Although .... maybe now KC has Cheney she knows she will be out of jail in a few days since he will set everyone straight on the strong evidence of KC's innocence. So she's happy :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver