2010.03.18 New High Powered Attorney Cheney Mason Joins DT *MERGED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He seemed likable to me. So he's old, is there anything wrong with that? He seemed to lighten up the atmosphere. Its good to see Kc smile, its time to stop the name calling and get back to the evidence. If Kc walks, its because she is truly innocent, not because this man made her innocent. There is nothing to be afraid of. If the evidence is there, then it will show she is guilty. So far, the evidence just isn't there in my opinion.

BBM
I agree with the bolded statement but imo he isn't there because he thinks she is innocent. I believe he is there for one of the same reasons AL is there, against the DP. And let us not forget his initial comments about the case:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18268796/detail.html
Signs Point To Caylee's ID After Remains Found Near Anthony Home
Measurements, Hair Color Similar, Attorney Says
POSTED: Friday, December 12, 2008
UPDATED: 9:13 pm EST December 12,2008
Experts Discuss Discovery Of Remains
"Defense attorney Cheney Mason said claims made by Casey Anthony and Baez that Caylee was alive will now work against them at trial.
"Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever," Mason said.

(quoted from article)

Going on his comments quoted above maybe he didn't use the wrong word. He just didn't finish the sentence, the "fun... of the challenge".

10 high powered attorney's can join her team for all I care. I will never get past the 31 one days, AND the story of a nanny who took her, a nanny who doesn't even EXIST! Nope...never found inspite of an intense investigation. Nobody has ever seen or talked to this nanny! NO ONE. Not LE,not family, not friends, not Joe public. N-O-B-O-D-Y! If she really exisited - someone would have found her by now and screamed it from the roof tops! Also Casey didn't report her child missing EVER, her mother did in a frantic 911 call. Nope sorry. You can throw all sorts of other defense distractions in, but those two things right there are going to be hard for a jury to get past. JMHO!

So, according to this - Mason thinks the JAC should be abolished! Oh Lord, I'm gonna need to invest in alot of Tylenol to get through the trial next year and this cast of characters (not the word I was actually thinking:furious:)!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL43U7kAIIE[/ame]

Has anyone, such as a reporter, ever asked Mason about the comments he made BEFORE he joined the defense team. You know, like the one about how she will either plead guilty or after a circus of a trial she will be found guilty? I have not seen anything about that, but don't know if I might have missed it.

Has anyone, such as a reporter, ever asked Mason about the comments he made BEFORE he joined the defense team. You know, like the one about how she will either plead guilty or after a circus of a trial she will be found guilty? I have not seen anything about that, but don't know if I might have missed it.

Nope, but that sure would've been a good come-back for Kathi B last week! I betcha that would've struck a ....er, 'nerve' for real. lol:croc:

Kathy Belich may have, but I bet the censors bleeped his response away quicker than Kimster could with her ray gun!!!

(just kidding)

Just logged in again and saw the headline of this column - New High-Powered Lawyer Joins Defense Team" and thought "OH OH - now what?"

Read the last post! Punked! - Bumped

Bbbbbwwwaaaahhhaaaaa!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Everybody sing - "What a difference a ....day.... makes......twenty-four little hours......(what's a couple of months between friends...)

I know the title of this thread will throw everyone off and I apologize. But I just wasn't sure where to post this.

CM said this week during the IS interview something to the affect, and here we are 800 hours later.

I'm going to do the math and I used a year as a basis to make it easier.

Between 3/18/10 and 3/18/11 there are 262 business days. Divide 262 business days by 800 hours equals .33 hours?

I know he has other cases, but am I really looking at this right? He's averaged half an hour a day on this case since he started? Am I misinterpreting his statement? Sorry for all the questions, but this is really bugging me.

Just logged in again and saw the headline of this column - New High-Powered Lawyer Joins Defense Team" and thought "OH OH - now what?"

Read the last post! Punked! - Bumped

Bbbbbwwwaaaahhhaaaaa!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Everybody sing - "What a difference a ....day.... makes......twenty-four little hours......(what's a couple of months between friends...)

Me too! I'm wondering - who's this they're talking about- then I realized it was CM..:crazy:
What a difference a year makes!

I know the title of this thread will throw everyone off and I apologize. But I just wasn't sure where to post this.

CM said this week during the IS interview something to the affect, and here we are 800 hours later.

Between 3/18/10 and 3/18/11 there are 262 business days. Divide 262 business days by 800 hours equals .33 hours?

I know he has other cases, but am I really looking at this right? He's averaged half an hour a day on this case since he started? Am I misinterpreting his statement? Sorry for all the questions, but this is really bugging me.

Less than that. Subtract the hours he spent in court during the hearings. Frye hearings, status hearings and hearings on the motions. So it would be closer to 1 day a week, maybe. And we know he does not do Saturdays. jmo

:giggle: Very good stats and in real time it is actually less than that because there have been many hearings he has been forced to sit in court ALL DAY!
Soooo....

I believe we are safe in saying "working fingers to the bone" does not apply here.

:seeya: Hi Scuba,

:waitasec:
Oops - your math is backwards. You have to divide 800 hours by 262 working days. Not much difference - it = slightly over 3 hrs/day.
Less, as has been noted, for his other "duties." Between CM and JB, there's lot of hot air blowin' around in Orlando, isn't there?

Thanks Tiki! I knew I would get it wrong and almost posted I hoped it was right.

The defense team has changed a lot.
The evidence has not...

Thanks Tiki! I knew I would get it wrong and almost posted I hoped it was right.

It's amazing I noticed it, really. Math was always my weakest subject, all through HS and even in grad school. Thank goodness I didn't have to take to many math courses. :crazy:

Oops - your math is backwards. You have to divide 800 hours by 262 working days. Not much difference - it = slightly over 3 hrs/day.
Less, as has been noted, for his other "duties." Between CM and JB, there's lot of hot air blowin' around in Orlando, isn't there?

But..but..but...wouldn't it be 312 working days because - after all - Baez is working six days a week and only taking Sundays off to play with his family???:giggle:

A bit different topic, but pertains to CM.

When watching the latest InSession interview of CM by Jean C., I believe CM stated that he and his wife like to travel. My question is, why didn't he take a cruise on the ship that Amy H. works on, with his wife, and he could have done her deposition, and vacationed at the same time...Instead of bi1ching about how he wouldn't work on the weekend in order to do Amy's depo. Just get it done, and quit complaining about it. He's 67,:crazy: and if he feels he has put in his 40+ years and shouldn't have to work on the weekends, maybe he'd best retire for good!

A bit different topic, but pertains to CM.

When watching the latest InSession interview of CM by Jean C., I believe CM stated that he and his wife like to travel. My question is, why didn't he take a cruise on the ship that Amy H. works on, with his wife, and he could have done her deposition, and vacationed at the same time...Instead of bi1ching about how he wouldn't work on the weekend in order to do Amy's depo. Just get it done, and quit complaining about it. He's 67,:crazy: and if he feels he has put in his 40+ years and shouldn't have to work on the weekends, maybe he'd best retire for good!

In defense for a defense attorney, why should Cheney and his wife have to jump on a cruise ship where Amy is working in order to do Amy's deposition? At some point even Cheney needs a break from the case, and Amy didn't need to be cornered on a ship to do her deposition perhaps without her attorney present. This would be so unfair to Amy, IMO.

I recall my mother saying in her very late 60's that she earned the right to do as she wishes, and I so agree with this statement now that I am in that age group! :)

Yes, but the question is whether these 800 hours are actual sixty minute hours, or billable hours? :cool2:

I know that he is mentioned in other threads, but I think he deserves his very own thread.

I am stumped about his presence and participation. You would think as the DP qualified lawyer, you would think with his 'revered' history as a trial lawyer, he has a lot to offer. But what has he brought to the table? I'm not seeing anything that makes sense. He seems to bully, preen and sleep.

Also, I'd like to mention here that I see a lot of ageism aimed at him. Being of a certain age myself, I am offended, so am not interested in reading about his supposed senility. I think he's pretty sharp and totally manipulative, and what I really want to know is, what the heck is he contributing to the defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver