2010.04.06 Jail House Letters Released #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been really busy lately but I tried to get a few minutes here & there to read her jibberish! I know some of you may not agree with me but, KC is smarter than we give her credit! The expression, crazy like a fox...well, do I have to say more? KC lives in a dream world, she takes every situation, changes the names, places, & people to mold it into whatever story line she's looking for at the time. She did that all along. As for these letters, I think that when JB explained to her that all they needed was to convince ppl there was a shadow of a doubt...this was her only way in doing so. She couldn't do anything from inside the jail except this. She's like a leach, like a parasite, she grabs hold of someone like this other inmate, pretends to actually know & care about her family, talks in the letters like she does, and throws little tidbits of info in there, just enough to keep everyone on the edge of their seat...hence the very few references about Caylee...until her thoughts of food overpower her! She either wanted to show doubt or she wanted to show the possibility of being "insane"....I'm leaning toward that one! I think that's why she said the things she did about her family! She'd throw anyone else under the bus to save her own skin. Wasn't it mentioned that she was studying law books about her case a while back..I'm telling you I just feel this is another one of her ploys! Of course, I've been wrong before! One thing I do know, this case and all the characters in it give me a headache & makes me really thankful I don't have to deal with any of them on a daily basis...muffin & cookie...jeez!

~Bolded and underlined by me~

So do you guys think that "Shmooie" is another nickname KC has made up for Robyn, or is she referring to God as her Shmooie?
I can't figure it out!

I, too, got the impression that "Shmooie" was a sweet version of her usual nicknames for Caylee (didn't she call her "snot-nose" or something in her many IM conversations?)

That's why I keep thinking that "Zany" is a reference to Cindy/herself. She just loves her clever little nicknames!!!:waitasec:

Was "Cays" a normal nickname for Caylee? I was under the impression that was KC's nickname? The only time I can recall seeing Caylee referred to as "Cays" is in these letters?

~Sorry guys, this one's a long one~

Sorry to post about myself when this is about KC, but I couldn't help but notice the similarities, and wanted to share that insight.

All JMO.

Butwhatif: That is the way life is suppose to work. We learn by our mistakes and we move on. It may be the sole purpose of life as we know it. We all makes mistakes at different levels. It what we learn, what we take away with us. What we eventually admit responsibility for that makes us who we really are. KC doesn't get it. JMO

Among the many, many disturbing statements of KC in her letters, here's one of the ones that stands out for me.
The letter was dated around February 19th '09 which was AFTER Caylee's remains were found and AFTER Caylee's memorial ... I guess out of sight out of mind, that chapter in KC's life was over ... on to the future ... :cold:

"My dear Cookie!
What a wild couple of days we've had! Now entering day number two of crazy, convicted Girls gone wild. Would people pay for this crap? Sadly, I think they would. Every time a guy walks in, unless I recognize the shoes or voice, I can't help but try to sneak a peek of the new man meat. You had me practically pressing my face to the window to watch the officer the other night. Wow! Next to a couple of the EMT's I've seen here , he was numero uno. I miss being around guys :-( talking sports, drinking beer, playing cards....the smell of cologne (boy did some of mail smell* yummy * today [sigh]."
..."But! Boy oh boy! What a good-looking guy! He was really tall too! Brown, short hair, blue eyes, nice build........Is it vain that I can't wait to have a guy like that look me in the eyes and tell me how beautiful, great......I am? Something to look forward to for sure"....
..."I need a nap. And a hug..A nice, big, warm hug from a great big, lovely boy. Soon enough."

I sure hope the jury gets a peek at some of KC's musings and inner workings of her evil mind ... I'm finding it interesting (and scary) to correlate these letters to dates and events happening at the time of their writing ... unbelievable ...

Too bad there are no letters that have surfaced and written AFTER the DP was sought again and about her dealings with her DP lawyer and mitagator ... what I would give to know what KC was thinking then ...
:eek:

Was "Cays" a normal nickname for Caylee? I was under the impression that was KC's nickname? The only time I can recall seeing Caylee referred to as "Cays" is in these letters?

I believe Casey called Caylee "Cays" in text messages, MySpace messages, etc.

I, too, got the impression that "Shmooie" was a sweet version of her usual nicknames for Caylee (didn't she call her "snot-nose" or something in her many IM conversations?)

That's why I keep thinking that "Zany" is a reference to Cindy/herself. She just loves her clever little nicknames!!!:waitasec:

And have you noticed that the nicknames have no similarity to the person's actual name. So why Zany.....unless Zany is someone other than ZFG. JMO

I still can't understand what happened to the "super secret" status of the evidence, and blow to the defense these letters were said to have, that required a meeting and decision by the judge.

The SA's motion for an Incamera ex parte hearing and subsequent sealed motion showing good cause were filed because LE was in the middle of an investigation of potential other crimes (pick one! not about to speculate, but many possibilities at the beginning, imo). Producing the discovery would jeopardize the integrity of the investigation and they didn't want any interference. (*cough*Defense*cough*)

The timeline went something like this (highlights only):

12/10/09: YM receives a voicemail from Maya tipping him off
12/11/09: OSCO meets with Maya and takes statement, implicating and leading them to RA
12/12/09 - 1/06/10: OSCO continues to investigate visiting a mirror image of the cell block to see if Maya's claims are even feasible; a Corporal @ the Orange County jail confirms they were all in the same cell block.
1/27/10: Melich & Edwards meet with RA who makes an unsworn statement and directs them to her father who has THE letters in his custody. Melich went to his house and dad turned over the letters to him. (I believe this is when the discovery clock starts ticking)
2/3/10: SA files motion for Incamera ex parte hearing with JS
2/10/10: FDLE enters the picture, per SA request.
2/12/10: FDLE 1st interview w/ RA - sworn testimony. RA stops testifying, requesting counsel.
2/17-18/10: JS issues Order denying SA's motion for ex parte;
OSCO interviews w/ CB aka Sky & KH aka River - sworn testimony
2/19/10: OSCO interview with gate guard, Jody Lee
2/24/10: JS issues Order granting SA 30 days (in re. sealed motion showing 'good cause')
3/04/10: FDLE 2nd interview w/RA - sworn testimony.
3/09/10: FDLE interview with Sylvia Hernandez (jail guard)
3/12/10: OSCO submits summary of their investigation
3/15/10: FDLE submits summary of their investigation
3/17/10: Notice of completion of investigation filed with the court.

As far as the letters being referred to as "blow to the defense", I think that came from the media first. It could be seen that way, however I am sure Baez is thrilled about the allegations of sexual abuse.

Weren't they already working on the abuse angle when KC's first DP attorney submitted that letter to SA's office about "what if it was an accident"? This would have been around the time those letters were written. Right??? Another thing I find strange if KC felt Caylee was better off in heaven because she would never have to have her heart broken, etc. and KC claims abuses from her family why would she have not aborted her pregnancy to begin with. She stayed in the same household when she did not have to and kept her child there and let her family watch that child. This makes no sense. JMO

Weren't they already working on the abuse angle when KC's first DP attorney submitted that letter to SA's office about "what if it was an accident"? This would have been around the time those letters were written. Right???

--respectfully snipped

I honestly cannot recall the letter to the SA to which you are referring. :waitasec:

The SA's motion for an Incamera ex parte hearing and subsequent sealed motion showing good cause were filed because LE was in the middle of an investigation of potential other crimes (pick one! not about to speculate, but many possibilities at the beginning, imo). Producing the discovery would jeopardize the integrity of the investigation and they didn't want any interference. (*cough*Defense*cough*)

The timeline went something like this (highlights only):

12/10/09: YM receives a voicemail from Maya tipping him off
12/11/09: OSCO meets with Maya and takes statement, implicating and leading them to RA
12/12/09 - 1/06/10: OSCO continues to investigate visiting a mirror image of the cell block to see if Maya's claims are even feasible; a Corporal @ the Orange County jail confirms they were all in the same cell block.
1/27/10: Melich & Edwards meet with RA who makes an unsworn statement and directs them to her father who has THE letters in his custody. Melich went to his house and dad turned over the letters to him. (I believe this is when the discovery clock starts ticking)
2/3/10: SA files motion for Incamera ex parte hearing with JS
2/10/10: FDLE enters the picture, per SA request.
2/12/10: FDLE 1st interview w/ RA - sworn testimony. RA stops testifying, requesting counsel.
2/17-18/10: JS issues Order denying SA's motion for ex parte;
OSCO interviews w/ CB aka Sky & KH aka River - sworn testimony
2/19/10: OSCO interview with gate guard, Jody Lee
2/24/10: JS issues Order granting SA 30 days (in re. sealed motion showing 'good cause')
3/04/10: FDLE 2nd interview w/RA - sworn testimony.
3/09/10: FDLE interview with Sylvia Hernandez (jail guard)
3/12/10: OSCO submits summary of their investigation
3/15/10: FDLE submits summary of their investigation
3/17/10: Notice of completion of investigation filed with the court.

As far as the letters being referred to as "blow to the defense", I think that came from the media first. It could be seen that way, however I am sure Baez is thrilled about the allegations of sexual abuse.

Thanks for putting these events to a timeline! I'm still uncertain about the whether the ex parte request was for both the letters and George's mistress and possibly Dominic? ... or whether it was just for the letters ...
Also, is a request like that made when the defense is already aware of evidence in the works to give the state more time and keep the witnesses from being harassed?
I guess it does seem like the request was made because of the letters and jail ... just wondering ...:waitasec:

Thanks for putting these events to a timeline! I'm still uncertain about the whether the ex parte request was for both the letters and George's mistress and possibly Dominic? ... or whether it was just for the letters ...
Also, is a request like that made when the defense is already aware of evidence in the works to give the state more time and keep the witnesses from being harassed?
I guess it does seem like the request was made because of the letters and jail ... just wondering ...:waitasec:

I'd like AZlawyer to chime in here.

I'm no lawyer and my opinion comes cheap ;), but fwiw -

the SA request was made initially in re. the letters and ensuing investigation. One thing leads to another exposing more people to interview. The state needed to make the request so that none of the potential witnesses would be influenced or intimidated by an outsider. (eg., if Baez knew of these letters or this investigation ....well, i would think he would have made a beeline to KC's cell to find out what the heck?! and that could lead him down a whole 'nother path) So, no, I don't think the defense knew in advance about the investigation. I fall into the category of those who believe the letters were a surprise to the defense.

AZ, what say you?

eta: I know Benhaida and Holloway were exposed during this investigation somehow...and then River's claims of an affair with GA hits the media. Honestly, it is all so tangled, I don't quite understand where the two intersect.

Does everyone belive RA when she tells YM that KC and her relationshipw as NOT physical or romantic? Is this OT? I just don't understand why a guard would risk her job etc. to allow to girls to chat. I just think RA was used by KC for that attentions he was lacking, the attention she is so used to getting.

KC's former DP attorney filed a brief with the SA as to why the DP should not be imposed shortly before Caylee was found. I was searching for the actual letter, but I do not believe it was ever released, here is an article referencing the letter:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...06_1_casey-anthony-death-penalty-anthony-case

Thank you so much! Yes, that refreshes my memory. IIRC, it was a brief that TL filed before Caylee's body was discovered and attempting to persuade the SA to not seek the DP.

So, in re. LambChop's thought about it being around the same time the letters were written, that appears to be plausible. However, I have no idea if the brief referenced sexual abuse of KC. I've never read that brief and I'm not sure if it has ever been released. Briefs aren't filed with the court - they serve as arguments supporting the author's request and cite case law supporting those arguments.

eta: I had a real "doh!" moment. Obviously, somebody released at least snippets of this brief otherwise the Sentinel couldn't have reported any specifics.

Anyone think it is strange that what's not in the letters is obvious. No questions to KC's "boys" about how the seaches for Caylee are going. I think that would be a hot topic to talk to your friend about. Very little about Caylee and when Caylee is mentioned it is suddenly without warning followed by a "Food Commercial" and then she continues and changes the subject. Sort of forced, maybe because the note from the other inmate mentions her children. Seems out of place to mention her child. Also KC does more drooling over this inmate which appears to be unnatural. She barely knows this person and yet becomes immediately "sisters" and "partners in legal crime". What is that? Legal crime, what does that mean? A crime for which you don't get caught????

ACHOOO ( apparently that's a confirmation ) ie, ITA

Thank you so much! Yes, that refreshes my memory. IIRC, it was a brief that TL filed before Caylee's body was discovered and attempting to persuade the SA to not seek the DP.

So, in re. LambChop's thought about it being around the same time the letters were written, that appears to be plausible. However, I have no idea if the brief referenced sexual abuse of KC. I've never read that brief and I'm not sure if it has ever been released. Briefs aren't filed with the court - they serve as arguments supporting the author's request and cite case law supporting those arguments.

eta: I had a real "doh!" moment. Obviously, somebody released at least snippets of this brief otherwise the Sentinel couldn't have reported any specifics.

Briefs are actually filed with the court, and I remember reading that one.

I'd like AZlawyer to chime in here.

I'm no lawyer and my opinion comes cheap ;), but fwiw -

the SA request was made initially in re. the letters and ensuing investigation. One thing leads to another exposing more people to interview. The state needed to make the request so that none of the potential witnesses would be influenced or intimidated by an outsider. (eg., if Baez knew of these letters or this investigation ....well, i would think he would have made a beeline to KC's cell to find out what the heck?! and that could lead him down a whole 'nother path) So, no, I don't think the defense knew in advance about the investigation. I fall into the category of those who believe the letters were a surprise to the defense.

AZ, what say you?

eta: I know Benhaida and Holloway were exposed during this investigation somehow...and then River's claims of an affair with GA hits the media. Honestly, it is all so tangled, I don't quite understand where the two intersect.

I believe the motion was about the jail letters. I think the SA was unsure of the extent of communication among KC, Robyn, Maya, potentially other inmates, and one or more guards and did not want to release info to the defense, because that would be revealed to KC, and then perhaps from her to any other inmates or guards who were involved, which could have thrown a monkey wrench into the investigation.

Briefs are actually filed with the court, and I remember reading that one.

Well there ya go, shows ya how much experience I have dealing with briefs. :loser:

Do you recall if that one LambChop is referring to referenced sexual abuse?

Well there ya go, shows ya how much experience I have dealing with briefs. :loser:

Do you recall if that one LambChop is referring to referenced sexual abuse?

No, I don't think so. I think it was all about "maybe it was an accidental overdose."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back