2010.04.09 Appearance of Suburban Drive

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't wanna start a new thread on this one, because I did not take pictures when I was on Suburban Drive yesterday....the last pics that MarinadeD showed are stil very accurate, so please refer back to them on this thread...
When I reached the end of Hopespring, there was an OCSO sherriff there in his cruiser, so I did not want to stop and make a big scene; I made the right onto Suburban and immediately my eyes were drawn to the fence on the right, which was creepy. I slowed a little and was able to notice that:

-The ground coverings were still missing from the area where the search took place-You can see all the way down to the dirt still, tree roots sticking up-I did not see any standing water, but I did not get out to look.
-There is definately a 2-3 foot drop into the area-From the curb, go about 3-4 feet to where the uncut grass and vines start, and about 1 foot into the high grass and vines is the drop off.
-If you go down past where the search took place, you notice that the ground covering and vines make it impossible to see into the woods let alone see down to the ground-The clearing that took place during the search made a marked difference in the appearance of the area.
-There is a line of trees that is closer to the road than the crooked tree where Caylee was found, meaning that KC either has one hell of an arm and aim, or she stepped into the woods in order to get the remains and bag past that first line of trees and vines. IOW, it is not a clear shot to the crooked tree, there are obstacles in the way.

I drove down to the school and did a u-turn. Here is the part I really took note of-As I drove back up Suburban from the school I noticed that I could see straight into the back door of 4901 Hopespring (the corner house with the fence line, I think 4901 is the house number). So, from inside of their house, they can see over that back fence. Now, I was in a Jeep, which sits up higher than KC's car, but my point is that the fence does not obscure cars on Suburban from someone who may be looking out the backdoor of that house. If someone was home and had a view out that back door when KC stopped there, they would have clearly seen her there. This made me wonder if she went down there at night with her lights off, or she knew no one was home at 4901 Hopespring, or it just happens that they did not see her there dumping something right behind their house. But they easily could have.
The fence at the cul-de-sac on Suburban was wide open, not locked or anything-Caylee was not found down there so it does not really matter, but I think there has been some discussion here on that before. Anyone can get beyond that fence.

All in all, it was very surreal to see the area. My immediate thoughts were-"My God, this is all real, Caylee's death was real, the Anthony's are people in a real home, their daughter really did this"-See, I live in the Old Dominion, so my perspective has always been a TV/internet perspective-It hits home to see the area where a sweet baby was dumped like trash.

Finally, timer55, 55 seconds, close to home, etc., does not even begin to describe how unbelievably close Caylee's body was to that house. Damn close, shockingly close. As I drove out and made my way back towards interstate 95, I saw many areas that KC could have brought Caylee to where she would never have been found. But she put her sooo close. She must have felt some sense of control that way.

BBM. Great narrative, thanks for sharing. Re my bolding: further underscores Casey's statement prior to the remains being found, that her "gut feeling" is "she's close to home."

I have read enough of MarinadeDave's posts to be sure that HE is not the one trying to mislead people. He has been interested in nothing but justice for Caylee since day One, and devotes a huge amount of time to that effort.

ITA. I really enjoy reading MarinadeDave. He's very factual and dedicated imo.

ITA. I really enjoy reading MarinadeDave. He's very factual and dedicated imo.

And I can now confirm with certainty that everything Dave showed on his videotape was accurate-And I am here at a somewhat closer time of year as when Caylee was lying there in a bag (sweet angel, grrrrr)-There is a very noticeable drop, Caylee could have been easily missed by searchers, and there is no way that place can stay dry for long, it is one big depression waiting for water to pour into it like a sink. Floridians keep telling me they need some rain, so my not having seen a swimming pool down in that depression makes sense as well, it has apparently been a (relatively) dry season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member