2010.04.13 - What's going on in Tennessee? Joe talks to the media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Joe could pass a poly that would be a good start for me to believe him. I really want to believe someone in this case. I really want someone to stand up for Haleigh....please.

I wish there was somewhere we could see the full uncut video. I can't get feel for him. The lawyer states in the video that he has a pretty good idea what they are going to do next( investigators). I do have a heart, and to see the little bit of him I saw, well...of course he looked scared and very upset, I can understand why authorities have been treading so delicately around Joe Overstreet.

What does everyone else think?

IIRC LE had talked to him before and he was not supposed to be considered a suspect. I think they are talking to him again now only because of the new information that they have, whatever that may be. They may need him to confirm or deny statements that he may have made before. Hope that makes sense. :)

I don't mean to be insulting but he seems like a slight boy... like even Misty could take him. KWIM?

If Joe could pass a poly that would be a good start for me to believe him. I really want to believe someone in this case. I really want someone to stand up for Haleigh....please.

I wonder if he has... I wonder if all along he has been forthcoming with the events that evening, i.e., where everyone was. Only, he may not really KNOW what happened to HaLeigh... just the events of the evening. Soo... when asking everyone else about the events of the evening, they are all lying, except Joe. Maybe Joe is LE's only hope and they need to cooberate new info with Joe, who is the only one speaking the truth as HE knows it that evening...

Maybe... lol

Lemme further say that events of the evening I mean where they were hanging out, who with, if there was a party, etc. Nothing nefarious known to Joe, etc.

I don't mean to be insulting but he seems like a slight boy... like even Misty could take him. KWIM?

I understand what you mean, I think I could take him. Maybe that is what the gun obsession is all about, makes him feel you know...more powerful. I have to say though, he likes the polo shirts. I mention that because there have been several references to that type of shirt on the dream thread. If anyone finds a full interview please post I am dying to see it. maybe NG will have it. :waitasec:

I think he's overcompensating bravado for his size. I think he was prolly picked on a lot growing up a Croslin cousin....

Let's just say that if Misty and Joe were in the backseat of a van and found some chicken nuggets and neither had eaten that day, I best Misty would win those chicken nuggest... lol

All MOO, etc.

I read that the investigators flew up on one of our fine state planes, talked with Joe less than an hour and flew back. I'm willing to bet there was room on that plane for Joe if he was any kind of a suspect. Furthermore, for FIFTEEN MONTHS, Joe has not been hiding and LE likely knew where he was every minute of every day.

IIRC, this is the THIRD time he has cooperated and been interviewed. LE came closer to completely clearing him than any other family member, INCLUDING Haleigh's parents, with this statement over a year ago:

A man who visited Haleigh Cummings' family in Satsuma and returned to Tennessee the day she disappeared is not a suspect, police said Saturday as the frustrating search for the missing 5-year-old continued.

Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office told reporters during an afternoon briefing that the man, a cousin of Haleigh's father's girlfriend, was interviewed after detectives learned of him early in the investigation and was subsequently ruled out.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...cousin_not_a_suspect_in_haleigh_cummings_case

And we're supposed to believe all that changed, and without a doubt, the largest most intense search of this case is ongoing because of what two jailbirds who are documented liars, Misty and Tommy Croslin, said?

Nope, there's something else happening here, IMO.

Misty being taken out on that dock indicates there is something else happening there. It isn't Joe standing on the dock pointing out over the water.

The clip was too short to say much but I didn't really trust him based on that. It says tearful message on the screen but I didn't see any actual tears (but I'm on a small screen). He blinks a lot when he said that he can't imagine what the family is going through, or something, but in that video clip he never came right out and said that he had nothing to do with it in so many words, he just agreed, "no" when the reporter said that you didn't do it. He doesn't say that he knows nothing either, it's the reporter saying that as well. He just speculates that he would call the cops if he knew who did it but he doesn't say he doesn't know. Then he's either broken down or hiding his face. While the attorney is talking about no change he looks down and does an interesting nostril twitch and then he looks from under his brows. Then he scrunches his face and goes down again when he says he's lost a lot of family.

I don't know what to make of it really... I get a shifty feeling looking at him and think he knows more than he's telling but maybe I'm just biased, having decided that this is a nest of dishonesty and everybody here is a liar. If LE only talked to him three times including this one it doesn't sound like he's been getting much pressure like he was a serious suspect. Maybe it was because he was in TN? They could have arrested him for something minor if they wanted to keep him in custody for some time. If he's involved he isn't involved alone, IMO, because how would Misty and/or Tommy or whoever tipped this search know where he put the evidence (supposing that they find evidence on this search)? Is he stupid enough to tell them? Why didn't they call 911 immediately? The alleged death threats might be a reason to stay quiet but not a very good one. How is he going to hurt them from jail? Does he have followers who'd do it for him?

It is very interesting that he was silent all through the previous accusations but now we see a press conference from Joe. Wonder if he's had this lawyer all along or if this is a new guy with a new approach.

I wish there was somewhere we could see the full uncut video. I can't get feel for him. The lawyer states in the video that he has a pretty good idea what they are going to do next( investigators). I do have a heart, and to see the little bit of him I saw, well...of course he looked scared and very upset, I can understand why authorities have been treading so delicately around Joe Overstreet.

What does everyone else think?

Not guilty!

And if Grandma Holler called in the tip, then she's being used to frame Joe IMO.

I think he's overcompensating bravado for his size. I think he was prolly picked on a lot growing up a Croslin cousin....

Let's just say that if Misty and Joe were in the backseat of a van and found some chicken nuggets and neither had eaten that day, I best Misty would win those chicken nuggest... lol

All MOO, etc.

Thanks, gibby, for a bit of humor on this horrid case. Ya know, ya just have to lighten it up sometimes.. Thanks. :woohoo:

And if Grandma Holler called in the tip, then she's being used to frame Joe IMO.

I get the impression that there was a behind the scenes effort yesterday to point the finger at Joe. One of the Gma's saying his house was surrounded by LE. Later Hank saying the same thing. The unsubstantiated rumor that Joe was going to be arrested, etc. etc. I think the Croslins made alot of phone calls yesterday and used a few bloggers and reporters desperate and gullible for information. What fools....the bloggers and media that is.

Hey Elle do you think that if LE thought that Jo had something to do with this case, they would've left TN without him? They didn't lock him up. He is not sitting behind bars with these other people. JO went HOME and LE went back to Florida.

And only spoke to him for an hour?

Sounds to me like they are verifying either Misty or Tommy's newest version of the truth.

Since they didn't haul him back to Florida last night, I don't know...
I think he may know what happened and may have even HELPED Ron C and Misty out that night, but I don't believe he is the one who actually killed Haleigh, unless there was a struggle between he and Ron C over a gun..JMO

IF I knew I was guilty of homicide, and investigators had gone out of state to talk to me for an hour, I really don't believe I would then be going (voluntarily) on camera for an interview or presser with my attorney less than 24 hours later. I wouldn't want to press my luck that I could fake my emotions, statements and verbal tells that well.

I have no idea who did this, but that'd be pretty daring of JO to do if he was really guilty. JMO.
i have to admit i agree with this i dont thiink he did anything i wonder if misty fabricated some crap again to get a day out of jail .. and look she got a free day out of jail .. or mabey she finally cracked ..it would answer my prayers if she did .. but we DONT know what happened .. we dont know how haliegh died .. we just know the WHOLE lot of her and her family are LYING .. mabey they all had something to do with it .. i think something happened to haliegh and she called her family in on it they helped her cover it up .. i am not sure of what to think except i dont believe crystal knows or knew anything .. i believe she is innocent of all this mess

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back