2010.04.15 Presser Video: Sheriff, Haleigh Likely Dead; POI Identified

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember that in the earliest reports it was said that Haleigh was scared of the dark.......that she wouldn't go outside and wander away at night.

and all along erroneously trusting with the innocence of a child that HOME was a safe place, as it should be—mandated by G-d Most High to all entrusted with the care of a child.

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who posted the presser and what was said!!

imhoo this presser was very informative.

1) it is now a homicide
2) she most likely died at the area they were searching
3) people in the case are talking
4) misty is in trouble and knows it
5) items were found at the scene and are being analyzed
6) they are building a case and hope to make an arrest
7) they now have several persons of interest
8) people behind bars related to this case have had lots of time to 'think'

:waitasec:I missed part of the presser...did he say she most likely died in the area they were searching? Oh man, I really hope hope hope she didn't die there (as in she was drowned):furious:

OK I did hear wrong. It was around the part where he said they searched several areas around the home that she could have been put in. I thought he said they were searching for something she had been put in so I did hear wrong!

I answered you back on page 7. Easily lost in the shuffle...

I went back and listened for a second time. It's my understanding that he said he thought she was put somewhere in that area. I didn't get the impression he was talking about her being put into some sort of container. That was my take anyway.

(BTW, I've always felt that Ron had a hand in this. His response on the 911 call just never rang true to me.)

I have the upmost respect for these law officers. Here we all thought they had dropped the ball when all of a sudden Misty and Ron and others were arrested for the drug sting! How brilliant of them to think out this plan to get them on serious charges and to get them to talk. :woohoo:

maybe lawyer was with JO all along...still they must have come to a question they did not like and ended the conversation...IMO

I hope Haleigh was asleep and will think this until it is proven otherwise...too horrifying otherwise...

I think RC was not about to lose Jr. after this happened so he got on board with the coverup...I can just hear him, no one's taking my son, etc....
But would have expected a little personal justice from him...if he knew and was not involved...i.e. if it ws JO they could have "disappeared" him easily enough and who would know? The alligators there just waiting, for example...and LE would think JO took off...

IMO with these characters in her life, poor Haleigh didn't stand a chance. Sigh. :(

Haleigh is not alive. I'm sad to hear them confirm this is likely true. Just hope it was a gentle passing for her, not at the hands of brutality. Angry that this little girl had to die! I want to know who is responsible for her death.

Wonder if Timmy is involved in this also..Just have a gut feeling he is..

I have a feeling most of this herd is involved in some way. Whether it be the events leading up to what happened, the actual death or the cover up - I'm thinking the jail is going to need a whole seperate family wing when this is all said and done.

I just read here these days and keep quiet.... but after that last press confrence I had a tear, I'm sad. Even though I felt she was gone a large part of me wanted her to just "pop up". I hope the police blast these people who hurt haleigh. My blessings to haleighs family members who loved her with a honest heart.....

me too, I am so sad ....
I sure hope evidence they found brings a positive outcome and this dang case gets solved ASAP. I wanted HC to be found ALIVE, didn't want there to be any evidence found in this search (even though I know my wishes are NOT realistic, I M sad and drained ..........) Blessings to all of you awesome WS members! What a group we have here! :)

imhoo this presser was very informative.

1) it is now a homicide
2) she most likely died at the area they were searching
3) people in the case are talking
4) misty is in trouble and knows it
5) items were found at the scene and are being analyzed
6) they are building a case and hope to make an arrest
7) they now have several persons of interest
8) people behind bars related to this case have had lots of time to 'think'

I agree Nursie. Very informative. I think that LE more than likely knows exactly what happened to Haleigh now. They are just going to take their time and make the case.

I'm sorry Haleigh.

Is anyone else familiar with the Woodchipper Murder story?
Guy in CT killed his wife, rented a woodchipper and disposed of her body by putting it through a woodchipper into a river.
The river was searched and silt sifted through like in this case. They recovered bone fragments, hair and teeth. Dr. Henry Lee case I do believe. Keeping this in mind I am confident (I hate typing this) Haleigh's remains have been recovered.

I missed the presser, but would like to thank all of those that posted as it was going on......when talking about her being killed in that area, seems to me it is much closer to GGMS home....wonder what her involvment is other than the laundry that night....what clothes did she wash and bring back home to that trailer??...just thinking out loud here...

Poor Jr. Crystal and family. Wonder if they watched this nightmare play out.
Nothing I have heard in this explains the flurry of phone calls Ron made that night. Poor baby.

I am one of the few who thought NONE of them were home that night and HaLeigh died elsewhere. I'm wondering if he didn't mean literally at the river because he did say vicinity. Like someone's house reallly close to the river...

And there are a couple of interesting houses in that area--give or take 3 miles and if Misty did pick up the kids in the van and drive away per Jerry S and others--could she have driven to meet Ron who might have been doing tree work, not too far away and Haleigh never made it back to the mobile home? I thought Joe was staying with Chelsea and Timmy and that Magnolia house comes back to an Overstreet? Oh...a round of excedrin please.

Definition of several.

1. Being of a number more than two or three but not many: several miles away.

Poor Crystal probably has the guilt too, of having lost cutody to Rc for whatever reason, as well as the grief...Haleigh would likely still be alive, IMO

Cinder block and rope found...........will not discuss items found
no... sheriff said he couldn't answer that when a reporter asked

also, when I watched it back I did not hear anything about a container or her being in a container

Did they state a block and rope were found?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the back door was propped open with a cinder block, and there were several cinder blocks around the mobile home (going way back in memory here).

So - JO takes Haleigh, and Tommy grabs a cinderblock and rope -- knowing they are going to place haleigh in the river. JO and his past escapades of throwing small animals in the river thinks this is the perfect plan - no evidence will ever be found.

The only thing I cannot confirm is there's proof JO tossed animals in the river -- but I know I read it somewhere. So at this point it could just be a rumour.

Can anyone correct me?

Thanks,

Mel

I just read here these days and keep quiet.... but after that last press confrence I had a tear, I'm sad. Even though I felt she was gone a large part of me wanted her to just "pop up". I hope the police blast these people who hurt haleigh. My blessings to haleighs family members who loved her with a honest heart.....

Yes, Almost, up until now, even though we knew she most likely was dead, at least there was a glimmer of hope. It's so difficult when you actually hear the words. I think the police will really blast these people as you said. I'm sure they are as sick of them as we are. Who the he77 knew people like this even existed? They are the a sub-culture of demons!!!! They can't even carry on a conversation with each other without every filthy curse word imaginable being used.
~
DH just brought me a frosty Pina Coleda (he knew I was dreading this time)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back