2010.04.21 - Art Harris Reports,Misty saw animal bones @ the dock

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope someone hold AH accountable for the reports he has made that the LE dispute. Call him out for shoddy reporting Please

MEDIA RELEASE

Date: April 21, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous inquiries regarding the recovery of the skeletal remains of missing 5 year-old Haleigh Cummings. A rumor has spread throughout our community that her body has been located. This rumor is false, and this information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth, and a multiple animal bones. The agency had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all “biological” items that were recovered as being non-human. Additionally, Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.

In an effort to prevent this false information from impeding our investigation, Sheriff Hardy wants to quell these rumors so we can maintain our focus on the criminal investigation.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood

Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

http://www..net/124365

the bald truth! only two of those words ring true. i believe some accountability in these cases is in order. it seems that ah hangs around getting snippets of rumors from locals and spins them into stories that turn into bombshells that turn into headlines. in the era of 24 hour news i think we all should start doing a little more fact searching and finding. i find this kind of reporting unethical and frankly saddening. this is the life of a beautiful young girl we are talking about and sensationalising it so you can get a 10 minute spot an a tv show, well, thats, simply put, wrong!! there may be some truth to his reporting, but this is not a casey anthony letter we are reading here, its supposed to be an article about the investigation of the homicide of a little girl. and i should not be trying to decipher the truth.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...eigh-case-update-No-human-remains-in-St-Johns

Investigators recovered numerous items of a "biological nature" in the river search last week related to the homicide of Haleigh Cummings, but the items were not human, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office reported.

Also in article:

Related Links:Haleigh case now called a homicideAnother day of searching turns up no sign of HaleighSheriff meets with Haleigh's family; search under wayTimeline of events in Haleigh Cummings caseHaleigh investigators question stepmom's brotherMore Stories
Maj. Gary Bowling said many items considered biological were found during a search of the dark waters of the St. Johns River near Shell Harbour Road last week. However, he said, officials with the C.A. Pound Human Identification Lab at the University of Florida "identified everything that was biologic as not human."

"We found alligator toenails and teeth" and a variety of biological items, Bowling said.

What else was taken from the river for examination, which investigators have not elaborated on, could take weeks to analyze, according to the Sheriff's Office.

"We just took a bunch of things," Bowling said. "We took anything that could potentially be anything."

Public speculation on what may have been recovered in the waters about five miles south of Haleigh's Satsuma home has ranged from human remains to objects used to dispose of a body.

Following the river search, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy announced that the case of the missing girl now was considered a homicide.

Haleigh was 5 when she reportedly vanished from her home while her father Ronald Cummings was at work and she was under the care of his ex-girlfriend Misty Croslin. The child was last seen Feb. 9, 2009.

Since then Croslin, her brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., and Haleigh's father have been arrested and remain jailed on unrelated drug-trafficking charges.

Investigators brought Misty Croslin to the search site last week. And James Weter, an attorney for Tommy Croslin, said his client took a polygraph earlier this month and met last week with representatives from several law enforcement agencies as well as private investigator Steven Brown. Information he provided after months of investigation led to the river search, Brown has said.

Asked how officers reached the decision that this was now a homicide case, Bowling said, "It's a lot of information over the last few weeks. None of us believe we are looking for an alive child anymore."

But, he said, officials also have not told family members to "prepare for a funeral."

The sheriff's office said Croslin saw the bones as she was being led to the ramp, but at no time did investigators tell her they were human bones.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=155059&provider=top

Yes and we believe those bones just happened to be laid out there to dry right along the path Misti walked down because we know no one in this case has tried to do anything to upset poor lil Misti and get her to talk.

And we also believe Ronnie was only (allegedly) selling drugs to get close to Misti after he divorced her, when the whole sham-marriage-thingie didn't work out too well.

Can anyone imagine being walked past a bunch of bones while LE takes you to what they are calling a crime scene - of a child you professed for 14 months to love like your own - and not just drowned yourself right on the spot?

If Misti has not cracked by now, either she doesn't know what happened to Lil Haleigh (maybe because she wasn't home or she is a very hard sleeper). :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Or she is one tough nut.

Has this sheriff heard of Nutra-loaf? If anything would get me to spill all I know it would be the Nutra Loaf and water diet. I would fess up to Jimmy Hoffa, all of the Kennedy assassinations and any unsolved murders along the whole east coast, to get them to make it go away.

7 days of this at Sheriff Joe's camp site in AZ, got EJ (Maternal DNA of missing baby, Gabriel Johnson and another 'tough nut') to write out a 'will' of sorts while on a hunger strike, which landed her in the psych ward (and back on real food).

In the bakery, inmates bake hoagie rolls and bread and prepare what look like succulent pot pies with homemade crust. Looks are deceiving. Blobs of multicolored filling, including bits of vegetables, meat, starch and fruit, are scooped into rectangular crusts, then baked into a loaf. This is the nutraloaf, a nutritious but bland form of culinary discipline. Inmates who misbehave eat nutraloaf twice a day instead of regular fare. It makes mac and cheese seem like gourmet cuisine.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/food/articles/0803foodpeople0803.html

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/04/baby_gabriel_moms_mcso_inmate.php

If LE had a strategy by taking her there and showing bones and allowing Misty to just get a visual of bones and maybe shock some sense into her...it is now blown, ain't it?

:banghead:

If it didn't work on the spot, I doubt it would've been about to work today.... But do we know that it didn't work?

HaLeigh Cummings news: Sheriff dispels rumor that missing girl’s bones found .

According to the sheriff’s office, multiple animal bones, along with alligator claws and teeth were recovered in last week’s search. Authorities note that an anthropologist at the scene determined all “biological” items found were non-human,

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...-dispels-rumor-that-missing-girls-bones-found

A classic example of the media putting '2' and '2' together and making '25'!

They are all trying to run ahead of each other and are basing on un-named sources that then feed into blog reports and enter MSM. MSM needs to use its own sources and verification rather than run stories citing blogs and bloggers and their 'sources'.

MSM is removing every last scrap of credibility that it never had.

We could have used some more rumor quelling the past year but better late than never.

:cow:

So does this mean they absolutely did not find ANY of Haleigh's remains? Meaning they aren't waiting on any DNA testing at all? I didn't believe AH's ramblings about showing bones to Misty but I was holding out hope they had found at least some part of Haleigh so she could be identified and laid to rest.

I notice Art still has his bombshell article up....I don't know what to think anymore, all I know is I am disgusted with shoddy reporting from everyone.....

MEDIA RELEASE

Date: April 21, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous inquiries regarding the recovery of the skeletal remains of missing 5 year-old Haleigh Cummings. A rumor has spread throughout our community that her body has been located. This rumor is false, and this information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth, and a multiple animal bones. The agency had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all “biological” items that were recovered as being non-human. Additionally, Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.
In an effort to prevent this false information from impeding our investigation, Sheriff Hardy wants to quell these rumors so we can maintain our focus on the criminal investigation.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood

Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

http://www..net/124365

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Misty sees bones" instead of "Shown to Misty".

The reason I say this, PCSO has said she saw them drying on the dock. They say they didn't show them to her.

Hello WS :)

First, I would like to say that WEBSLEUTHS is one place where you can get the TRUTH. When the truth is, no one really knows-that is what we are "reporting." I hope I am coming across with what I am trying to say, I mean we may be confused regarding these cases much of the time, but that is because we are all really trying to figure it out. Even when we are strongly in disagreement as to who or what happened: we have in common that WSers have no other agenda than justice and truth.

Here, you read and see that things are "up in the air" and not "fact" as so many other sources lead people to believe. And, usually over a weekend... :rolleyes:

Next, reading "Today's news" and now this thread, I got the idea that LE set Misty and Tommy up. They took her down there and put some bones there, and then let her be with her cousin Tommy. I think LE is trying to bring this to a head. The only statement made over the last week that LE says is true is that none of them think they are looking for a live child. I am confused if they are calling this a murder investigation though. TIA.

I think LE knows this family is involved in the death of Haleigh. That includes Ron and Misty. They know Misty is protecting Ron and they are tying to get that out of her or have Ron show is hand some how. IMHO. Truly, just MHO.

It's just what I felt, as a intuition type thing. This opinion is not based in any understanding of what LE does and does not do, esp. in this case!

We could have used some more rumor quelling the past year but better late than never.

Amen Donjeta (and :seeya: by the way :)) I understand keeping information directly related to giving Haleigh justice but we sure could have used some more responses over the past 14 months! Oh well, they said they weren't going to comment about the case and they've kept their word. I have confidence in the PCSO.

This makes me wonder if Misty and Tommy purposely led police to the WRONG location so that police would never discover the body? That might be better than finding the body and therefore the cause of death.

If LE had a strategy by taking her there and showing bones and allowing Misty to just get a visual of bones and maybe shock some sense into her...it is now blown, ain't it?

:banghead:

Suppose they wanted her "excited utterances," if any.

Shows like NG and JVM are not "news" shows...they are not even tabloid journalism. Only reporting what they feel will get the most attention. Facts are boring - reporting just facts would mean losing viewership...so every now and then we get teased with "bombshells" etc., the only "facts" we have - LE has not revealed to us yet. We really can't allow ourselves to get sucked into the hype....that's why I come to WS....facts are reported here and gossip is quashed pretty quickly. I only wish those shows had the same credibility because they are so much fun to watch at times!

Shows like NG and JVM are not "news" shows...they are not even tabloid journalism. Only reporting what they feel will get the most attention. Facts are boring - reporting just facts would mean losing viewership...so every now and then we get teased with "bombshells" etc., the only "facts" we have - LE has not revealed to us yet. We really can't allow ourselves to get sucked into the hype....that's why I come to WS....facts are reported here and gossip is quashed pretty quickly. I only wish those shows had the same credibility because they are so much fun to watch at times!

Greetings Gma Kat you sure summed it up. And to add even more credibility to what you say. NG is well aware of the fact per this letter sent to her by Tommy's Lawyer http://www.artharris.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/James-Werter-Press-Release.pdf in which Tommy actually broke his silence first. .

Nancy Grace is actually using grandma Holler,even though she has the above letter,so she knows grandma didn't break the story first, Grandma didn't even call the LE first she called CrimeStoppers the Reward Center hoping she could cash in on the $35,000. The LE won't even talk with her now, why should they have the tapes...But Nancy, and JVM will entertain her rantings for their ratings.

I cannot even imagine how Crystal must feel if she is heard grandma..rambling on about how she didn't even know if Haleigh was dead when she hit the water, and then taking a caller in, wondering/asking Nanacy if Haleigh was eaten by crocodiles would any evidence be left, unbelievably insensitive since these calls are screened before she gets them on air.

She shows no objectivity by constantly poor, poor Ron remarks. What about Crystal Nancy?
Crystal is living every mother's nightmare. And learning the sordid spectulations and details on these shows.

Yes Nancy is not that nice, wonderful person worthy of any of the praise her screened callers heap on her. Its all about the Benjamins, and ratings. :twocents:

ex

Police Confirm Misty Croslin Saw Bones!

"Snip" http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/22/police-confirm-misty-croslin-saw-bones/#more-4197

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department Wednesday confirmed The Bald Truth exclusive that Misty Croslin saw bones at the St. John’s River crime scene, bones that a source close to the case told us were being examined and tested to rule them in or out as Haleigh Cummings’ remains.

Her father’s attorney, Terry Shoemaker, said police told Ronald Cummings, as we reported they had told mother Crystal Sheffield that evidence lead them to believe Haleigh Cummings was dead and to make funeral preparations.

Shortly after our story broke, to quell a media frenzy of rumors about what we did not report— that Haleigh’s body, or skeletal remains had been recovered –– the sheriff’s department declared in a hastily issued press release that the bones detectives showed Misty were not human remains, and certainly not Haleigh Cummings.

Laid out on the dock, the bones were ruled to be “animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth, and a multiple (of) animal bones,” identified at the scene by an anthropologist as “being non-human,” said the press release.

No mention was made of DNA testing sources say is being done at a crime lab of other evidence to see if it matches the DNA of the missing five year old or any other family members.

After seeing the bones, said to be part of the clever, on-going police strategy to push Misty’s hot buttons and make her crack, sources tell us Misty Croslin sensed the bones walk-by was calculated by her handlers to unsettle her, and while she initially thought they were deer bones, it nonetheless “shook her up.”

The incident also shook up a meeting later Friday night between detectives and defense teams for Misty and Tommy Croslin, my sources tell me, as Misty attorney Robert Fields exchanged harsh words with one investigator for taking Misty from the squad car to the boat ramp — and a photo op that may have given some the impression she’d helped with the alleged dumping of Haleigh’s body. Fields declined to comment on the account, as did law enforcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fy7V6Ou3w

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back