2010.04.21 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a transcript of that call come out in the media? Who said he warned her and what did he warn her about?

Is Donna the one who was arrested along with them on the drug charges? I really havent kept up with that part of the case since it isnt about Haliegh.

IMO

It was a text message IIRC.

I agree, the statement "I hope she was threatened and that's why she couldn't tell me" reeks of an attempt at communication. Remember now Misty, you were threatened by that evil Joe...

What parent, after learning of the death of your child, says this about the suspected murderer ?

It is just like Casey Anthony and the many times she states that she forgives Zanny the nanny. Hmmmm?

Guilty conscience? Haunted?

I see Joe as being haunted when he came back but that may have been because of his role in disposal rather than being the killer, since a killer is more likely to seek anothr thrill and not have the humanity to have a conscience.
Exactly what I've been thinking! His behavior sounds more like unwilling accomplice instead of 'ringleader'. Or just maybe, as his lawyer has said, he wasn't involved at all. MOO

IIRC, Donna B. told that to Levi Page. We need to verify that with Levi, however.

ETA: I'm enjoying your posts, OBE. Didn't want you to think I'm objecting. I'm the mod-in-the-middle. :blowkiss:

Steph Watts reported it - he was with them in NY and was the one responsible for setting up the interview for Misty.

BBM
I have to disagree on that one.
If he had been unsuccessful in getting the truth out of Misty, and that led to the divorce...Why would Ron warn Misty about Donna B?? If he had been unsuccessful, to the point, he felt the need to divorce her, he should've let Donna B try to break her? Why not? There was nothing to lose, right? Ron did the opposite....imagine that.

Obviously from the drug bust they were still together. Why???? Misty.... the "Key" to this whole investigation about HIS daughter.

Let Ron tell you-he was upset because people were "staring" at them. LOL So which is it??? If it was because he couldn't get the truth out of her...he should've been shouting that from the rooftop. Why not say just that??? Why give another excuse....a lame one at that- "people are looking at me". This should've been the first thing out of his mouth- "I'm divorcing her because she's not being truthful about what happened to my daughter...I thought I could get close to her so she would eventually open up and tell me what happened to Haleigh but she has not." That's what he should've said, or something similiar, if that was the case. But he didn't....instead he said-"people were watching them and they couldn't go nowhere." And you know what? I believe him but let me tell you why.....Ron is a drug dealer, that's no mystery, we seen it with our own eyes.....As a drug dealer Ron couldn't make moves (drug deals) because he feared that he was being watched(especially with Misty around). He didn't like that....it was messing up his money flow...his BUSINESS became RISKY BUSINESS., kwim?

IMO, he divorced Misty because he felt like she was bringing the heat his way, the cause for all the attention, and if he appeared to divorce her.....make people think she was out the picture...He could continue on with his BUSINESS. It was about gaining money and that's why I think Misty had no problem with it....it was stll something in it for her. jmo though

Just to add one to your very good list: Nancy Grace was showing a lot of irritation at Ron continuing to be with Misty. Ron was beginning to squirm at her questioning of him concerning why he had not asked Misty about what had happened to Haleigh. Ron doesn't like for his answers to be questioned. Being married to Misty was becoming embarassing for Ron, so Misty had to go. She was bad for his PR. So he dumped her and started taking his mother with him on the circuit until the invitations slowed to a crawl. Then he got back to business with Misty. Got on with his life. A life he was comfortable with, until he was arrested.

I don't think any of them searched anything. I have never thought his purpose for marrying Misty was to seal her mouth shut thinking the marital privilege would come into play.

I am much more inclined to believe he married her hoping that she would open up to him about what really had happened to his daughter. When it didn't work he divorced her.

As far as I can recall the drug charges came almost a year later after Haleigh had been missing. As far as I know the police found no drugs at the time of Haleigh's disappearance and I would imagine that he had to be randomly drug tested with his then employer especially since he operated heavy equipment.

IMO

Don't agree. He didn't marry MC to get her to open up. He married her to avoid statutory rape charges. No doubt in my mind about that. I couldn't tell you why he divorced her, but I guarantee he had ulterior motives. He is claiming LE suggested he do so so they could catch her, but, imo, that's hogwash. I'd be willing to bet, though, that TN was a big influence on whatever he did it for.

Just to add one to your very good list: Nancy Grace was showing a lot of irritation at Ron continuing to be with Misty. Ron was beginning to squirm at her questioning of him concerning why he had not asked Misty about what had happened to Haleigh. Ron doesn't like for his answers to be questioned. Being married to Misty was becoming embarassing for Ron, so Misty had to go. She was bad for his PR. So he dumped her and started taking his mother with him on the circuit until the invitations slowed to a crawl. Then he got back to business with Misty. Got on with his life. A life he was comfortable with, until he was arrested.

Marc Klaas was also on NG at that time accusing Ron of enabling Misty and impeding the investigation by coddling her. Shortly thereafter the quickie sham divorce was undertaken.

I know that a lot of people are calling BS on Art Harris and saying that he is full of it on the bones story. I just have to say though that he never said they were human bones, he just said that Misty was shown bones but never clarified what kind.

I know that a lot of people are calling BS on Art Harris and saying that he is full of it on the bones story. I just have to say though that he never said they were human bones, he just said that Misty was shown bones but never clarified what kind.

You are right - Mz. Nancy insisted they were Haleigh's bones, not Art.

I don't care if they showed her bones from the south end of a north bound billy goat if it makes her sweat enough to tell the truth. Sounds like a good move to me.

BBM
I have to disagree on that one.
If he had been unsuccessful in getting the truth out of Misty, and that led to the divorce...Why would Ron warn Misty about Donna B?? If he had been unsuccessful, to the point, he felt the need to divorce her, he should've let Donna B try to break her? Why not? There was nothing to lose, right? Ron did the opposite....imagine that.

Obviously from the drug bust they were still together. Why???? Misty.... the "Key" to this whole investigation about HIS daughter.

Let Ron tell you-he was upset because people were "staring" at them. LOL So which is it??? If it was because he couldn't get the truth out of her...he should've been shouting that from the rooftop. Why not say just that??? Why give another excuse....a lame one at that- "people are looking at me". This should've been the first thing out of his mouth- "I'm divorcing her because she's not being truthful about what happened to my daughter...I thought I could get close to her so she would eventually open up and tell me what happened to Haleigh but she has not." That's what he should've said, or something similiar, if that was the case. But he didn't....instead he said-"people were watching them and they couldn't go nowhere." And you know what? I believe him but let me tell you why.....Ron is a drug dealer, that's no mystery, we seen it with our own eyes.....As a drug dealer Ron couldn't make moves (drug deals) because he feared that he was being watched(especially with Misty around). He didn't like that....it was messing up his money flow...his BUSINESS became RISKY BUSINESS., kwim?

IMO, he divorced Misty because he felt like she was bringing the heat his way, the cause for all the attention, and if he appeared to divorce her.....make people think she was out the picture...He could continue on with his BUSINESS. It was about gaining money and that's why I think Misty had no problem with it....it was stll something in it for her. jmo though

The only way I would believe DB is if there was a phone record to support the claim. I believe she said it to Levi....but is it true. No one is telling the truth.

From last nite's transcript

GRACE: OK, repeat. Misty Croslin was taken by police down to the St. John`s River, and...

HARRIS: That`s right.

GRACE: ... at that time was shown bones. Haleigh Cummings, 5-year- old Haleigh Cummings`s bones?

HARRIS: Well, what I`m saying is she was shown bones that my sources believe were Haleigh`s. And she told this to cousin Tommy on a ride back to the St. John`s County jail, where they`re both being held on drug charges. As amazing as it seems, they were allowed to ride together in the police car.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/20/ng.01.html

and then AH goes on to, IMHO, dance around the origin of the bones after saying his "sources" told him they were HaLeigh's.

GRACE: OK, repeat. Misty Croslin was taken by police down to the St. John`s River, and...

HARRIS: That`s right.

GRACE: ... at that time was shown bones. Haleigh Cummings, 5-year- old Haleigh Cummings`s bones?

HARRIS: Well, what I`m saying is she was shown bones that my sources believe were Haleigh`s. And she told this to cousin Tommy on a ride back to the St. John`s County jail, where they`re both being held on drug charges. As amazing as it seems, they were allowed to ride together in the police car.

and then AH goes on to, IMHO, dance around the origin of the bones after saying his "sources" told him they were HaLeigh's.

If in doubt cite your sources and do a quick tap dance.

Not exactly. FIRST mention of the bones right here:
GRACE: I am hearing in my ear we have breaking news right now. Let`s go to Art Harris, investigative journalist at Artharris.com. Art, what is it?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Nancy, sources are telling me that Misty Croslin has been shown bones at the crime scene on the river in Satsuma, Florida. She was taken to the crime scene, to the river, and detectives showed her what they had found. The bones have been sent to the crime lab to be analyzed, Nancy, and compared with DNA from Haleigh Cummings.

Another mention....

*snipped*

I didn't see your transcript post when I put mine up. :D

I put up an extra quote of AH's up, so I'll leave my post up too. Didn't want you to think I was stepping on your toes, though. ;)

I believe AH took it a bit too far last night. See transcript of NG show. At some point, NG used the word - "purportedly" (as in believed to be the case) concerning human or H's bones. And AH contributed a fair share to the confusion last night. That's why LE came out with a statement this morning re the bones.

To me this was the classic artful insinuation on tonight's NG show....... to see NG's facial expression in response...... WTH!!!!!!! Priceless. I love the AH reporting but he needs to stick to reasonable facts. This after the earlier teaser about a confession in the back seat -- which is it?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Nancy, I can tell you that they are doing everything they can to push her hot buttons. That`s the reason that they took her out to the dock and took her by the bones. She told Tommy in the car, I`m told, Nancy, that she was upset by that and figured they were probably deer bones, and that it was a police trick. So she`s on to them.

GRACE: Oh, no. Art, how can you confirm that?

HARRIS: Nancy, I`ve -- I have sources who are aware of the conversation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/21/ng.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member