2010.04.21 - PCSO asks Bloggers and TV Personalities to back off....

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm pretty sure all these rumors, allegations and media frenzies are stirring up the locals. I can see LE getting bombarded with tons of calls a day from people asking questions, wanting to know have they found Haleighs body, providing false leads and sharing personal theories. That's a lot of time and energy wasted trying to keep the roars down to a minimum.

So, LE has a problem with gossip which takes so much of their time and energy.
Couldn't it as easily be looked upon as a dysfunctional approach by LE in working this case? Not all cases that have been discussed on this forum have included such an attack on bloggers. Perhaps if this is a problem that is causing such a problem then this case should be evaluated through a new set of eyes.

Novice Seeker

It can never be assumed that LE owes the public information, even in the State of Florida where information is wide open. This case has so many liars and twists, they by needs must keep everything tightly wrapped. I have become quite used to that fact. I didn't like it at first, but then I remembered my role: zero. What I know doesn't matter at all. What THEY know matters absolutely.

It can never be assumed that LE owes the public information, even in the State of Florida where information is wide open. This case has so many liars and twists, they by needs must keep everything tightly wrapped. I have become quite used to that fact. I didn't like it at first, but then I remembered my role: zero. What I know doesn't matter at all. What THEY know matters absolutely.

Never assumed that LE owes the public any information. Whatever information LE provides to the media is information they choose to share. I was simply pointing out the there have been other crimes where bloggers were appreciated.

It would seem that with all the sorts of networks in place today that perhaps LE could develop a means for using our help in their work. Trying to solve a crime is hard enough, why not add resources to your side to assist in improving the statistics?

Novice Seeker

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back