2010.04.21 - PCSO asks Bloggers and TV Personalities to back off....

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't help but wonder what exactly sent the cops over the edge. Nancy and AH had already taken backwater on their story about the bones. What does that leave? Gramma Hollars calling Ron a suspect? Speculation about why LE is allowing Misty to believe that Haleighs bones were on the dock? Funeral plans? (I think that had been debunked prior as well) Maybe it was Granny saying Misty was trying to get letters to Ron. I think that was the proverbial straw! I think they wanted Ron to think she was talking maybe. Finally, it might have been the discussion about LE using deciet to get a confession. What do you all think prompted LE to the smackdown on AH and NG?

In my opinion it was the bones. Grandma Hollars has been talking for days and they didn't seem to disturbed by it. Misty was seen at the river so I'm sure Ron already believes she's been talking (LE stated that in the presser). It wasn't until the report that LE had recovered bones and that they had been shown to Misty, did we get a "released statement".

ITA! Does anyone else notice that gramma seems to be parotting a lot of theories (some of them directly contradictory to others) that have been covered here? Anyone know if she has a computer or is computer literate? In one interview I saw her say she didn't think Misty would hurt Haleigh, doubted she had any part in harming her, and then not five minutes later she stated she thinks Misty may have hurt her because she was jealous of the attention Ron gave Haleigh.

That is just ONE of the crazy inconsistencies she spouted during the interview. I honestly wonder if she is just reading what we all theorize and then claiming they are hers. Only problem is, she can't pick a theory or opinion and stick with it.

I also find it odd that all these phone calls took place between gramma, misty and tommy but no video or audio has been released. This could mean the phone calls took place and there is relevant info in them that LE is keeping under wraps. Or it could mean no such calls have taken place and gramma is FOS.

Another thing that bother me about "courageous gramma Flo" is that she seems to have gotten a recent makover. Anyone know if she has been paid for all this recent diarhea of the mouth?

I think it is utterly disgusting the way the media is exploiting mrs "star struck" Flora Hollars for the sake of ratings.
Wonder if she is being primed prior to each interview. Flora seems to say things that the interviewer likes to hear. Her quick switch from Misty not involved to involved is a good example.
I also do hope she is getting some $$$ out of this.
Hopefully PCSO's request will stop this nonsense.

I hope, but I'm not holding my breath, that GGS talks about Ron's childhood & why he & his sister were in her custody. I would like to see her ellaborate on her earlier comments about how he changed, after moving back with his mom. I don't want this to turn into a smackdown. MTV used to do a clamation show called 'Celebrity DeathMatch', & it was a hilarious boxing ring, match up between dueling celebrities. & Lordy, I can see one in the making. If GGS had not heard any of the Jo, rape, alligator, etc...accusations until Granny Hollar made them public, she may be pizzed that a non relative is saying such horrible things. But, then again, she may be after some damage control. I wonder if tomorrow, we'll get another statement from cops asking these people to back off.

I can't help but wonder what exactly sent the cops over the edge. Nancy and AH had already taken backwater on their story about the bones. What does that leave? Gramma Hollars calling Ron a suspect? Speculation about why LE is allowing Misty to believe that Haleighs bones were on the dock? Funeral plans? (I think that had been debunked prior as well) Maybe it was Granny saying Misty was trying to get letters to Ron. I think that was the proverbial straw! I think they wanted Ron to think she was talking maybe. Finally, it might have been the discussion about LE using deciet to get a confession. What do you all think prompted LE to the smackdown on AH and NG?

The complete and utter falsity of Misty being shown "Haleigh's bones" and the hurt that rumor alone dumped on the families. These people just had to swallow LE telling them that the case has changed and that Haleigh is likely deceased - now they have to listen to NG saying Haleigh's bones were on display for a potential suspect to view. This "reporting" was totally out of line and completely disrespectful, not only to the families but to Haleigh as well.

PCSO asks people to back off and Nancy decides dueling grannies is the perfect approach... this has officially taken a very sick turn. Shame on anyone in the publicity world setting up and advertising a public pitbull fight between these families... it's wrong.

Grandma Hollars has already stated she has spoken with the Cummings in Florida so I suspect as long as Grandma Hollars continues to claim her three grandchildren are the ones responsible for whatever it is/was that happened to Haleigh, she will not get any arguments from GGMS... It should get interesting IF GH throws Ron C into the mix though, but thus far her only claim to him being responsible is that he left his daughter with a drugged out babysitter who didn't want to baby sit that night.......JMO

The complete and utter falsity of Misty being shown "Haleigh's bones" and the hurt that rumor alone dumped on the families. These people just had to swallow LE telling them that the case has changed and that Haleigh is likely deceased - now they have to listen to NG saying Haleigh's bones were on display for a potential suspect to view. This "reporting" was totally out of line and completely disrespectful, not only to the families but to Haleigh as well.

No regard for the family of Haleigh. Also made them look like 'keystones'. Even I would know better than to contaminate a crime scene. No apology either.
I just wondered if this is what finally forced LE to make a statement or if it was some of the other content from that episode.

No regard for the family of Haleigh. Also made them look like 'keystones'. Even I would know better than to contaminate a crime scene. No apology either.
I just wondered if this is what finally forced LE to make a statement or if it was some of the other content from that episode.

I should have added - JMO, as truthfully I do not know what put LE over the edge. It could be more than one thing as easily as it could just be one thing.

I will admit it would be rather interesting if GGMS comes out saying Flora is full of it. I mean, GGMS defending Misty and crew would be par for this mess wouldn't it?

I think it was mainly the bones. LE would have never taken a chance of Misty or anybody else contaminating them. But, I also think LE might be sick of callers saying things, like, 'ingested by alligators'. I know I am. Misty trying to get letters to Ron, might have thrown them for a loop, if they didn't already know. They may not appreciate the public hearing that, & judging their lack of control over Misty.

My prediction as to the how the TV personalities and bloggers will respond in light of what PCSO has come out and stated?

More of the same.

Law Enforcement's statement is not a new one, I posted this back in August, can you believe it ....it was in response to something that Art Harris had reported back then as well.

SNIP~link : http://www.pcso.us/2009-8-17-a

snip~Sheriff Hardy realizes the importance of keeping the public involved in this case, and appreciates all of the leads that have been provided. Every lead that is provided is acted on by investigators. Sheriff Hardy cautions that because there are many who claim to be valid media outlets, that citizens should be careful not to fall into the trap of believing, or by accident spreading, the untrue and unreliable claims and assumptions of many bloggers who claim to be knowledgeable in the case. He also urges anyone that is assisting, or who wants to assist, to be cautious to stay within the bounds of their authority as they pursue their activities.~ end

the above snip is taken directly from a PCSO press release not sure of the date because I think it is in archive now, but it was 6-8 months ago. Law Enforcement has always been quick to caution us about bloggers WHO CLAIM TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THE CASE. To be honest with you, I think there are a few that have surpassed Art Harris in that category as most of their blogs seemed to be riddled with.....well....riddles. JMO

I think the pcso meant for everyone to stop reporting rumors as fact. I see nothing wrong w/discussion, opinion and debate. and nothing wrong w/putting these 2 gma's together to see what they have to say!

I consider it sensationalized tabloid entertainment of the lowest kind. It has nothing to do with constructive justice for a little murdered girl. All geared towards ratings. And no, I will not watch it. But will check on WS what did expire, since I still will be curious. Guess, I can not help myself there.

Please keep discussing the topic and try not to go off track. There is a GMA Hollars thread for discussing whether she is credible or not, for example.

To me, it is important to keep this thread in the public forum for our guests. So stay on topic and be respectful so that happens. Just a reminder before things go off too far.

I was hopeful that this case was nearing resolution when the river search happened. LE changing the status of the case from a missing person to a homicide indicated evidence found and an arrest forthcoming.

In the time since the river search and press conference by Sheriff Hardy, it's become apparent that that there's not been as much progress made in the case as we all hoped for. I don't fault LE........they're doing the best they can given the cast of characters they're dealing with. I think LE has a good handle on who was involved in Haleigh's death, but they can't get a straight story out of anyone. They've got evidence that points to Haleigh's death, but I don't think they know the who, what, where, and when yet.

What's been presented has led to a lot of rumors and speculation and it's gotten way out-of-hand. The only real hard fact we know now that we didn't know a month ago is that LE conducted a search of the St. John's River. They didn't find human remains, but may have found some evidence. The took MC and TC to the search area, and they called family members together to tell them that the case is now a homicide. Those are the only really hard facts. Everything else seems to be rumor.

As for NG putting the grandmothers on her program to debate Haleigh's disappearance - I think that's a terrible thing to do! It's exploitation in it's worst form!

I probably won't be watching, at least not the initial program, as we're right in the middle of a kitchen remodel and things are hectic here. I'll try to catch the re-broadcast after checking the thread here to see if it's worth seeing.

I wish Greta was still covering missing persons cases. Her coverage of the Stacy Peterson case and the Caylee Anthony case was excellent without the rampant speculation and hysteria.

I will admit it would be rather interesting if GGMS comes out saying Flora is full of it. I mean, GGMS defending Misty and crew would be par for this mess wouldn't it?

This is what has me intrigued, they probably agree on a few things and have one major potential for disagreement: Ron. They also have some shared experiences regarding having children and grandchildren with major legal and/or drug issues so I pray this doesn't go to a pot meet kettle type thing.

I think that is it too. Oh, and her saying Ron told Misty he loved her in court. I think they want these two broke up and thinking each is talking.

Okay, how many of yawl would watch the Grandma Battle Royale if it were Pay-Per-View? lol

I hope that AH and NG give a national apology as well as one directly to Halieghs family.

Respectfully Quoted butterfly :)
BBM

Yes. I feel they should give that apology. I think all these "news" programs need to be brought to task. Besides all the incorrect reporting they do, the sensationalism is usually thoughtless and cruel. We know "they" get things wrong all the time and then we know they don't care because they are never sorry.

All these shows just move on to the next hyped up story. The power is with the people, and discussing this while not allowing one source to prevail, will go a long way to change how stories are reported in the future. IMO.

I too, love what the gentleman had to say in this news clip. "If you don't know that it's true, don't say anything. We are talking about the life of a little girl" (paraphrased, he said it best).

"If you don't know that it is true, don't say anything!" Great advice. Those that are posting theories, opinions on message boards say just that: IMHO. Unless the news changes its ways, I call "dinosaur" on the main stream media.

:twocents: :cow:

How many people feel that these media outlets loose credibility paying for these interviews? And vice versa, how many tend not to believe someone being interviewed if they know they're being paid for it?

Sometimes I think AH's "source" is AH!

It is. He floats something and if it does not fly he cites that's what his sources are saying. Any sense of caution has eroded with recent events though.

Respectfully Quoted butterfly :)
BBM

Yes. I feel they should give that apology. I think all these "news" programs need to be brought to task. Besides all the incorrect reporting they do, the sensationalism is usually thoughtless and cruel. We know "they" get things wrong all the time and then we know they don't care because they are never sorry.

All these shows just move on to the next hyped up story. The power is with the people, and discussing this while not allowing one source to prevail, will go a long way to change how stories are reported in the future. IMO.

I too, love what the gentleman had to say in this news clip. "If you don't know that it's true, don't say anything. We are talking about the life of a little girl" (paraphrased, he said it best).

"If you don't know that it is true, don't say anything!" Great advice. Those that are posting theories, opinions on message boards say just that: IMHO. Unless the news changes its ways, I call "dinosaur" on the main stream media.

:twocents: :cow:
& when they do report wrong information, they should by law, have to state a retraction. Blaming unnamed sources isn't good enough. For all we know, they can be their own unnamed sources. I've seen people in every day life situations, claim to have heard something, when in reality, yes, they heard it, but it came from a lieing friend. I've never followed a case this closely, so a reporter's glaring misinformation is obvious to me. It makes me wonder how much of the same goes on in other cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back