2010.04.22 - Chelsea's Comments On Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a question or maybe just an observation.

All along I have believed, and still do, that whatever happened to Haleigh, she did not die in the home that night.

Did they not have dogs in there very quickly the next morning? I thought I remember that the dogs didn't hit on anything in the home? Am I right on that?

That one piece of information has led me to believe all this time that she did not die in that house or the dogs would have let us know. Cadaver dogs can hit within minutes of death and if the body is only in the area for a few minutes they can alert to it. As I remember it there was only interest from the dogs on the dock area. That still sticks with me. I still believe she was taken away from the MH that night for some reason. Why and by whom I am still undecided upon.

I believe they had tracking or trailing dogs at the home that night. They would not be trained to hit on decomposition. IMO

Back on topic, I was surprised to hear Chelsea call in last night. Chelsea was the perfect one to try to shut Flora Hollars up for the family imo.

I believe they had tracking or trailing dogs at the home that night. They would not be trained to hit on decomposition. IMO

Back on topic, I was surprised to hear Chelsea call in last night. Chelsea was the perfect one to try to shut Flora Hollars up for the family imo.

Yes, she's also the most verbal family member, both through blood and by marriage - that I have heard speak.

I'm sure LE was glad she called in last night.

Misty was not 18 when Haleigh was taken and she certainly wasn't a baby sitter in Ron's little world, she was his live in underaged girlfriend. Ron was also in clear violation of the custody agreement as well, his kids were to be in the care of his mother or a 24 hour day care when he was at work. This is what he agreed to.

That right there RC, made me stop in my tracks. I either had forgotten about that or it had slipped my mind.

That's a prosecutable crime isn't it? To knowingly violate your custody agreement terms and the investigation is now a homicide inves?

Even while he is in jail pending drug charges, I wonder why they have brought these charges forward (yet?). Could be a variety of reasons I'm sure.

What charge could they bring forth on this if they chose to do so. I'm not firing with all my pistons today. TIA for any speculations.

ETA: What I'm trying to say is that LE arrested KC on lesser charges just to get her in jail at first.

It is not a 'fact' that there were pills lying around Bobbisangel, you're absolutely right! Not that we know of anyway and even though I'm not on board with the HaLeigh OD'd theory, it IS a 'fact' that Ron's attorney said from the beginning that Ron WAS taking medication for "accidental injuries", whatever that means. :waitasec:..As opposed to some injuries being on purpose? Either way, I do believe that his attorney was trying to explain away Ron's drug use from the very beginning...moo..

And when Ron was in the car with the UC cop and popped a pill in his mouth, he told him he likes to get high. If Ron was taking Rx medication for accidental injuries, then he kept drugs in the house.

That right there RC, made me stop in my tracks. I either had forgotten about that or it had slipped my mind.

That's a prosecutable crime isn't it? To knowingly violate your custody agreement terms and the investigation is now a homicide inves?

Even while he is in jail pending drug charges, I wonder why they have brought these charges forward (yet?). Could be a variety of reasons I'm sure.

What charge could they bring forth on this if they chose to do so. I'm not firing with all my pistons today. TIA for any speculations.

ETA: What I'm trying to say is that LE arrested KC on lesser charges just to get her in jail at first.

Violation of a custody agreement just means he could lose custody (under that specific agreement), its not a criminal offence.

They would have better luck going after him for statutory rape (if she was sixteen when they were having relations) than for poor parenting choices.

When CC was first on NG something wasn't right with her. She was looking down and seemed to be hiding something. Maybe TIC drove the van and she is trying to blame JO. The whole danged family needs to be poly'd. :banghead:

I did not watch Nancy Grace last night. Ugh I think I'm going to have to.

And when Ron was in the car with the UC cop and popped a pill in his mouth, he told him he likes to get high. If Ron was taking Rx medication for accidental injuries, then he kept drugs in the house.

bbm~

Exactly!..and that was my point as well! Regardless of whether what Chelsea said is true, or whether one believes Ron really didn't have a drug problem :banghead:..or like myself, don't believe that HaLeigh died as the result of a drug overdose..HE obviously had drugs in the house. That said, having lived with an addict, he protected his drugs above all else..but (lol, there's always a 'but') my ex was also hiding it from me as well, so that could be a little different as I don't think Ron was hiding anything of the sort from Misty, as I believe that the drug use always was part of their lifestyle..jmo tho..

I just have a really hard time believing that pills were left all over the house EVER...much too precious to the average, selfish drug user.. Heaven forbid, someone get into their stash and take one..that's just a no-no!...IMHO IF they were lying around, that speaks to me as someone that is MUCH deeper into an addiction than I believe these two were. By the time someone gets that careless, they're not usually able to work, carry on a semi-normal lifestyle, etc. (when I say normal, I mean normal for them..none of these people are normal, imo! :crazy:)..at least that has been my experience (and not just my own personal experience, fwiw anyway)..

Chelsea must have a different number. She sure got through quick. Several things caught my attention last night. Her home location..being in Crescent City. Not sure how close that is to Ron's MH though. She says she barely knows g-maw Hollars, yet she calls her Nanny and talks to her regarding Misty, Haleigh and areas to search. She now blames g-maw Hollars for implicating Joe, Misty, Tommy.
She claims she told LE to search the area and they didn't so that is why she called LP.
She talks about the fight between Ron and Joe and how Joe was staying at Tommy's up until that point, then went to stay with Lisa and Hank. She throws in the part about Hank being in the accident as well. This leaves a lot of open questions. Because she initially said that Joe was staying with her, and she felt he took the van. I sure would like to know the exact date of the fight between Ron and Joe.
I am sure LE is having a field day with NG's transcript from last night. Hollars flat out told Chelsea she is a liar...I believe she it as well. JMO

"Snip" http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/22/ng.01.html

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. But right now, calling in from Cape Cod is Timmy Croslin`s wife, Chelsea Croslin, who was living near Satsuma the night little Haleigh went missing. Chelsea Croslin, thank you for calling.

CHELSEA
CROSLIN, MISTY`S SISTER-IN-LAW (via telephone): Yes? Hi.

GRACE: Yes...

CHELSEA CROSLIN: Nancy?

GRACE: Hi, dear. Thank you for calling. Where were you that night, Chelsea?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: I was at my home the night that Haleigh went missing.

GRACE: Chelsea, what do you make of all the scenarios -- Chelsea, you need to cut your television off, if you can, or down.

CHELSEA CROSLIN: Yes, I went upstairs. I`m sorry.

GRACE: Thank you, dear. OK, back to Chelsea Croslin. This is Timmy Croslin`s wife calling us tonight from Cape Cod. She was living in the Satsuma area the night Haleigh went missing. Chelsea Croslin, what do you make of Tommy Croslin and Misty Croslin, really, their jailhouse confessions they gave to their grandmother?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: For one, I don`t believe that they gave their grandmother jailhouse confessions at all. I think if they did, it would be on tape. I believe that arrests would have already been made. Our family, everybody has been -- you know, not us, but Tommy, Misty, Joe has all been taken in for their interrogations. I don`t believe that -- anything that Flo Hollars is saying I think is a complete lie. I don`t -- I do not see Misty sitting there and listening to her baby cry. I mean, not biological baby, but we loved that child just as much as I love my own. and she would have never let that happen. She would have not sat there and done that. I mean, she could have just easily...
GRACE: But Chelsea Croslin, why would Ms. Hollars make up a lie about her own flesh and blood?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: Ms. Hollars has not been around our family for the last seven years that I have been with the Croslins.

HOLLARS: You lie.

CHELSEA CROSLIN: I have met Flo Hollars maybe two times. She is not involved in our family. So I don`t know why she would want to hurt and implicate three of her grandchildren. It`s just very sad that she would do that.

GRACE: Ms. Hollars, what`s your response to that?

HOLLARS:
My response to that is why did she tell me the road to tell them to go at?
GRACE: Repeat?

CHELSEA
CROSLIN: Well, Nanny, you -- Nanny, you were the one that said, Where do you want searched? And I said I wanted 309, not specifically a dock -- I said 309 because I got a letter from Misty stating that Joe might have had -- or Joe was the involving party. So from there, I called the detective, Kay Sangelica (ph), the head detective on the case. I told them about it.HOLLARS: And so did I. And so did I.

CHELSEA CROSLIN: He did not follow up with it. So then from there, I asked Leonard Padilla. Leonard Padilla, will you help me fund a search? Because I don`t have money myself, and my goal in life is to find Haleigh. That`s all that matters to us.

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Wait, wait, wait, wait! Back to Chelsea Croslin. What did you tell police where they should search?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: I told them that Joe, when he was staying in Satsuma with us -- I lived in Crescent City, a little bit farther, but it`s all in the same area. He stayed at Tommy`s house for a few days until him and Ronald had had that falling out regarding the gun that he had stolen that was recovered. From there, he went and stayed at Lisa and Hank`s house. There was a car accident and Hank was airlifted off to Gainesville. I`m talking about Hank, senior.

GRACE: So are you saying that you believe Joe Overstreet is involved in Haleigh`s disappearance?

CHELSEA CROSLIN: I do believe Joe Overstreet is involved in the disappearance. I don`t know if Joe is the one that actually did do the harm and killed her, or whatever this horrible news that`s out there.
GRACE: But wait a minute. Chelsea, there`s only three choices, Overstreet, Misty Croslin or Tommy Croslin.

CHELSEA CROSLIN: There`s not just three stories, Nancy. I believe -- you know, there`s many more things, too. Like, what happens -- what happens if Haleigh overdosed because there was loose pills laying around in that house? And I don`t care what anybody says...
HOLLARS: No, there wasn`t.
CHELSEA CROSLIN: ... because I know for a fact there was.

JVM is on now with tommys lawyer.
Going to go watch..NG updated her page a little bit ago.

2010.04.23 NG:Misty Croslin reportedly flunks another poly!
Misty Croslin wants plea deal behind bars? 'I'll take it & run!
'

Granny doesn't have much money to travel. It seems like the grandkids who get in trouble run to Granny. Misty was with her when mom and dad had problems with her and school, I think. Seems like the kids kept in touch. Did misty actually go to TN after her and rc broke up? I wonder if she did or was pulling a fast one.. I thought misty moved in with Charlie and his mom and was using Granny as a cover to hide from the press. Don't know yet...she may have snuck a atrip in there.

For somebody who said she really doesn't know that many people, she got around.

IIRC, Misty stayed with her grandmother after she and Ron divorced because she couldn't stay with Tommy because of the restraining order she had against him. Misty came back from TN to appear in Court to have the Restraining Order lifted and then she moved in with Tommy & Lindsy. I think she stayed intermittenly with Charlie while she saw Ron. Wasn't it Charlie who said Misty climbed out of the bathroom window at Tommy's when he was waiting for her and took off with Ronald?

Misty said DCF visited her in jail and she informed them Ron did drugs so they can't deny Ron is an unfit father. Chelsea alleges Ron was a good father and never hit his kids despite Ron's admission that he did. Tommy also despised Ronald for being a "no count dad". I doubt Ron will have a meaningful relationship with his son.

I heard DCF was involved when Ron was living with Misty so maybe they knew Misty was babysitting and they adjusted his custody conditions to allow Misty to babysit as long as TN and AS agreed to keep an eye on them.

Can someone confirm Ron & Misty were ordered to take parenting classes by DCF?

Misty said DCF visited her in jail and she informed them Ron did drugs so they can't deny Ron is an unfit father. Chelsea alleges Ron was a good father and never hit his kids despite Ron's admission that he did. Tommy also despised Ronald for being a "no count dad". I doubt Ron will have a meaningful relationship with his son.

I heard DCF was involved when Ron was living with Misty so maybe they knew Misty was babysitting and they adjusted his custody conditions to allow Misty to babysit as long as TN and AS agreed to keep an eye on them.

Can someone confirm Ron & Misty were ordered to take parenting classes by DCF?[/

Ron & Misty ordered to take parenting classes. Which IMO, he probably didn't.

DCF: No Findings of Child Abuse Against Father of Haleigh Cummings
Created: 7/16/2009 11:56:10 AM

<snipped>
The attorney representing Ronald Cummings says there have been no findings of child abuse against the father of the missing girl.

Ronald Cummings is the father of Haleigh Cummings, the 5-year-old girl who disappeared the night of February 9 when she went to bed at her home in Satsuma.

Kimball & Snider, P.A., the firm which is handling legal matters for Ronald Cummings, released a statement saying DCF's "investigation is closed with no factual finding of abuse against Ronald Cummings."

The firm says Haleigh's brother, Ronald Cummings Jr., will continue to live with his father, and that Mr. Cummings will take parenting classes with Misty Croslin Cummings, the woman who put Haleigh to bed the night the she vanished.

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...141746&catid=3

<snip>

Chelsea has given conflicting statements, and here lately she offers up new pieces of information as the story progresses. For instance, she stated on numerous occasions that Misty was a very hard sleeper. Misty used to babysit for her and would sleep through the kids crying and screaming....how does this measure up to her story of Misty never allowing Joe to harm Haleigh if Haleigh was screaming in the other room? Doesn't make sense to me. In the same interview where she insisted misty could sleep through anything, Chelsea stated that she herself was a very light sleeper and woke to the slightest noise.....yet she can't 100% account for Cousin Joe? She didn't hear the van started in the middle of the night? Nope....I am not buying it. They are all covering their own butts in my opinion and they should be saving all these explanations for trial.

I had to come back and find this post - in light of the information presented on JVM this evening, it sure got me to thinking about Chelsea and Lindsy. Lindsy says Tommy was home with her asleep when Haleigh went missing, but based on info from tonight, that is most likely not true. Chelsea claims Timmy was out on medication and as you say, for a light sleeper she never heard Joe get up and leave or the van starting up or returning. She also suddenly pops off about an accidental od because of drugs all over the house but early on she was strongly pointing at Joe. She says now she isn't sure he harmed Haleigh or anything - why the change ? Methinks strategy is coming into play and given the inability of this lady to say she knew the van was gone - it is also possible she wouldn't have known if her husband was gone either.

There have been reports that Misty called Timmy sometime before the 911 call. Chelsea says after they were called about Haleigh missing they just laid around in bed for a while...to me it seems entirely possible that Timmy may have taken the van that night instead of Joe. Being as how he was medicated, this could also explain the scratch on the van. If you look back at the road leading down to Shell Harbour - there isn't much to run into unless it is dark and one isn't exactly right for driving.

I'm starting to go back to my original thoughts that Misty would have called Timmy were she in trouble, she liked him best and trusted him by her own accounts. If Chelsea didn't hear the van start and leave it is also possible she would have slept through her husband leaving as well. Timmy stayed out of the limelight in the early days, they move to the Cape in July, and Timmy tells Tommy in one tape he is afraid to come back he might get arrested too. Then there is the infamous call to Ron, which Ron took exception too....

JMO - there is a triumverate here - Misty, Timmy, and Tommy. Chelsea is now making excuses or a case for an accidental od of Haleigh. Sorry to ramble - hope it came out right.

(BBM)

RE: "messy public emotional displays"

Hi pittsburghgirl,

This is not the first opportunity many of us have had to observe Ronald Cumming's demeanor. Over the past fourteen + months we've been able to observe Ronald in many different settings, for various amounts of time (with and without his knowledge, ie., undercover tapes...).

With that said; When I think of "messy public emotional displays" and Ronald, I think of the first day HaLeigh was reported missing ("someone stole my child...") and Ronald, on camera, falling to the ground ("I'd give my life for my child's back...") crying. He claims that his child was abducted; in that case, there's still a chance she's alive, especially in those initial critical hours; All hope is not gone at this time and yet, Ronald falls to the ground, making a "messy public emotional display" rather than being strong, standing up like a man, like a father whose little girl is out there somewhere counting on him to help bring her home, looking into the camera because he just may be looking into the eyes of the person or persons who stole his child; perhaps even looking into the eyes of his lost little girl who needs to know, dispite her fears, that Daddy's strong and he's coming to get/find her to bring her home.

Now, fourteen months later, his little girl has still not been recovered and he's informed by LE that the status of her disappearance is now a "homicide" - IMO, that's as hopeless as it gets - and yet, now, after hearing the most horrific news a parent could possible hear about their child, Ronald's expression shows no grief, no anguish; nothing - just the reaction or demeanor of a typical male who doesn't want to make a "messy public emotional display." While I respect your right to believe whatever you like regarding Ronald's reaction, or should I say, lack of reaction - I could not disagree more. JMHO ~

Fact, not opinion: Misty was seventeen, not eighteen at that time.

Nancy Grace said she would have done the same thing Ronald did if it had been her, or something to that effect. I agree with you there is a stark contrast to his emotional reaction then and now. Then, we know, he was on drugs, and now he probably isn't. That may be the difference. Also, he has had many months to cope with the fact Haleigh is gone, and probably long before now, he has probably thought she may be dead.

I think what everyone has to really keep in mind is that all of the men in this picture have a history of violence. The Croslin brothers have arrest records all over the state of Florida from abusing their women.

If I were a woman close to them I would be careful about what I said - to avoid it.

Just sayin'.

That is information I haven't heard before which makes it even more suspect about Joe and Tommy's involvement. As shocking as it is to hear a grandmother say those terrible things about her grandkids, most of the time the public complains that the family members will not be honest, or that they cover for, etc. She tells it "like it is" from her perspective and she is criticized for it. I am still surprised at all she has said though. She certainly has made all those listening speechless.

Unless someone has something else they'd like to add about Chelsea's comments on Nancy Grace yesterday, let's move over to the theory thread. This thread is getting more and more off topic and will be closed if there is nothing more to add about Chelsea on NG last night.

IMO Poor Flora injected herself in this mess. She continues to go on shows. If she just wanted to do the right thing, she would give LE the info and let that be that. Why the need for T.V. coverage? IMO that is not the right thing.

As far as getting made an arse on TV, she did a pretty good job of that before Chelsea called. IMO

It may be because they have ignored her, and she isn't getting the reward money, apparently. She seems to think the public has the right to know. She is a character for sure. I don't mean that in a negative way, because I admire her courage, if it can be called that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back