2010.05.01 Lindsy has filed for divorce

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In researching this case, it appears tommy was into pot before 2009. He did not have any record of drugs and his page was pretty clean.

His problems started after Feb 2009, when drugs seem to take hold of him. He started drifting, imo. The guilt he was carrying around may have been more than he could handle.

I don't know how Lindsy could have missed it. She must have been blind. Tommy must have ran the household and lindsy went along for the ride is my guess. I just don't get it. She must be very co-dependent.

She is finally taking the steps necessary for her life to change. Kudos to her.

When you are in the middle of a family like that and that is all you see/live on a daily basis, you don't think like you do when you are on the "outside" again. I imagine the break from him (while he was in jail) made the situation clearer to her.

ETA: At least in my experience...

In researching this case, it appears tommy was into pot before 2009. He did not have any record of drugs and his page was pretty clean.

His problems started after Feb 2009, when drugs seem to take hold of him. He started drifting, imo. The guilt he was carrying around may have been more than he could handle.

I don't know how Lindsy could have missed it. She must have been blind. Tommy must have ran the household and lindsy went along for the ride is my guess. I just don't get it. She must be very co-dependent.

She is finally taking the steps necessary for her life to change. Kudos to her.

In 2005, Lindsy pressed charges against Tommy for domestic violence and failure to pay child support I believe. She dropped the charges.

Happily, too, I can say for certain that I am the only one in my family or circle of friends who follows this case. You could say little Haleigh's name to any of them and just get a blank look.There is a good chance that Lindsey can go elsewhere and almost never be recognised, especially as time passes.

I hope she gets good counseling so she doesn't end up in an identical relationship. She deserves better and so do the children.

Hopefully, she knows this is a "must do" for herself as well as for her children.. They all need to be in counselling..JMO

Lindsy must know if Tommy was home or not that night. She lived with him, she must know.

It could be that he told her to cover for him that night, as he was out buying drugs or "out for a walk" or something, and she did that, believing him. Now that it looks like he might be implicated in the murder of a child - that's a different story.

I'm glad that she is cutting the ties, and hope that she will now tell the truth about that night.

Yes, and LE sent DCF a copy of the incident report so Lindsey has them to answer to now.

Ding, ding, ding.............I wonder if that had any part in her decision. DCF now has the records. If she stayed married to Tommy, would they have threatened to take her kids away? Seems I heard something recently when she went to Mass. that if she had the kids around the Croslins, she would lose them. Don't remember where I heard that though. Not that I'm taking anything away from Lindsey. I honestly believe she is doing the best thing for herself and her kids, but I do wonder.

Lindsy must know if Tommy was home or not that night. She lived with him, she must know.

It could be that he told her to cover for him that night, as he was out buying drugs or "out for a walk" or something, and she did that, believing him. Now that it looks like he might be implicated in the murder of a child - that's a different story.

I'm glad that she is cutting the ties, and hope that she will now tell the truth about that night.

I don't know. The girl was keeping up with 3 kids during the day and going to school at night. Could be when her head hit the pillow, she was out and didn't know whether Tommy was there or not. Just sayin.......

I am sorry to hear that Lindsey was put into this position. It must have been a brutally painful choice for her and I hope and pray she recovers from having to make it. Surely she did love him when she married him and had children with him, but IMHO he probably has become something entirely different from the man she fell in love with---the death of a marriage can also be the death of dream sometimes and can be hard on people.

I'm also sorry that she will have to support these children on her own, and not only be Mommy but pick up the slack from Daddy being incarcerated much longer than he has been until now. She's already had a hard burden to bear.

I hope that she moves away and starts anew. As for her children, no matter what -- ToC is their father and it will pain them (whatever this outcome is with the Haleigh case) for a very long time. Prayers for those sweet babies.

As for Lindsey and her children together, I hope that not only can they move away and start anew, but that her life is no longer the discussion of the day on the internet. (Not a jab at this thread or WS, but can you imagine? Bless her).

Ding, ding, ding.............I wonder if that had any part in her decision. DCF now has the records. If she stayed married to Tommy, would they have threatened to take her kids away? Seems I heard something recently when she went to Mass. that if she had the kids around the Croslins, she would lose them. Don't remember where I heard that though. Not that I'm taking anything away from Lindsey. I honestly believe she is doing the best thing for herself and her kids, but I do wonder.

IMO, Lindsey wouldn't want to loose her children. Hank Sr told Misty during a jailhouse conversation that Lead Detectives in the HaLeigh Cummings investigation, Peggy Cone and Jason Joliceur, had paid Lindsy a visit and told her Hank Sr and Lisa were no longer permitted to be around her children. Hank Sr said he was planning to consult with a lawyer to find out if LE were violating his rights. During this conversation Hank told Misty LE planned to have the HaLeigh Cummings case wrapped up in two weeks time, to which Misty replied after a brief pause, "I hope they do."

I don't know. The girl was keeping up with 3 kids during the day and going to school at night. Could be when her head hit the pillow, she was out and didn't know whether Tommy was there or not. Just sayin.......

ITA with your post. I've been married to the same man for nearly 39 years and can tell you that I don't always know when my DH gets up in the middle of the night. He also doesn't necessarily know if I get up in the middle of the night. I might hear him snore occasionally, and he might hear me awaken in the wee hours with an asthma episode, but neither of us would necessarily know if the other gets up to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water.

Lindsy's days were filled with caring for her children, housework, laundry, going to class, studying, etc. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Lindsy was totally spent at the end of any given day and desperately needed sleep. I think it's safe to say that, if Tommy left the bed/house after Lindsy was fast asleep, she likely wasn't aware of his departure. jmo

About the name thing. You can pretty much change your name to whatever you want, married or not, whenever you want. Just go on down to the Social Security office and fill out a short form. Ta da!

She would not have had to keep 'Croslin', anyway.

It will be interesting to see if ToC fights the divorce.
This may be something she has already discussed with him somehow.
I'd think that once divorced she should be able to get some sort of child support from the state of florida.
Time will tell how this all plays out.
Will she still visit him ? and take the kids ? Will she still get money to him ?
Or , will she back away from that entire family and make something of her life ?
I also wish her and those children well .

Hopefully Lindsay doesn't want to be involved with a person who would have part or keep quiet about the murder of a little girl, but we still don't know where Haleigh is or who all is involved. I'd be curious to know if a divorce helps Lindsay financially if Crystal should decide to file a wrongful death case against Tommy in the future.

She needs to do this for many reasons, not the least of which is that if she stays married and gets a job, her income would be considered in whether of not Tommy's attorney is paid for by public funds. If she had to pay child care, plus huge attorney fees, and try to make enough money to live and support her kids....well, there is no way she could do all of that on her own. It's pretty clear that even with minor sentence time, TC is not going to be working for quite awhile.

jmoo

Wow, our very own bombshell thanks to Dr. Know !

I am so happy for Lindsy and her children. There is hope for a brighter future for these children now and hope has been in short supply, in this case. WONDERFUL news !

ITA with your post. I've been married to the same man for nearly 39 years and can tell you that I don't always know when my DH gets up in the middle of the night. He also doesn't necessarily know if I get up in the middle of the night. I might hear him snore occasionally, and he might hear me awaken in the wee hours with an asthma episode, but neither of us would necessarily know if the other gets up to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water.

Lindsy's days were filled with caring for her children, housework, laundry, going to class, studying, etc. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Lindsy was totally spent at the end of any given day and desperately needed sleep. I think it's safe to say that, if Tommy left the bed/house after Lindsy was fast asleep, she likely wasn't aware of his departure. jmo

But TC didn't leave in the middle of the night - supposedly he left around 10 - 10:30. If Lindsy had a class that night, he would have left shortly after she returned, as he would have had to look after the kids.

He may not have even known what he was getting into when he left. I'm trying to imagine what might have happened - would he have just said that he had to go out for a while, without saying where he was going. I don't know, it sounds kind of strange but maybe she didn't even question it.

But TC didn't leave in the middle of the night - supposedly he left around 10 - 10:30. If Lindsy had a class that night, he would have left shortly after she returned, as he would have had to look after the kids.

He may not have even known what he was getting into when he left. I'm trying to imagine what might have happened - would he have just said that he had to go out for a while, without saying where he was going. I don't know, it sounds kind of strange but maybe she didn't even question it.

In one of the jail house tapes between Tommy and Lyndsy, she stated that the only times she knew he left the house at night was to walk the dog. FWIW So there were times that he did leave, not sure about that night though. If she was used to him getting up to take the dog out maybe she fell asleep and didn't realize how much time passed before he came back. I don't know, just a thought.

In one of the jail house tapes between Tommy and Lyndsy, she stated that the only times she knew he left the house at night was to walk the dog. FWIW So there were times that he did leave, not sure about that night though. If she was used to him getting up to take the dog out maybe she fell asleep and didn't realize how much time passed before he came back. I don't know, just a thought.

I thought of that, but then the dog would be gone and not the van.

She has up a new pic on ms and she looks good! Looking for a man? The other day her mood was determined so I think she is starting a new life! Happy for her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back