2010.05.01 Lindsy has filed for divorce

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has probably been addressed in another thread way back when RC and MC married and then divorced but I am curious to know. In Florida, what are the rules pertaining to spouses testifying against one another or giving info, statements to LE regarding things they know/learned about their spouse during the marriage?

I had always thought that a spouse "could not be compelled to testify against their husband/wife"

To me this means: a spouse could not be MADE to talk but could ELECT to do so if they wanted to.

but I have seen some posts on earlier threads stating that a spouse cannot testify against husband/wife even after marriage has been ended about things that ocurred during.

To me this reads as if a spouse is BARRED, not allowed to do so, no matter their wish.

Which is correct?
TIA

This has probably been addressed in another thread way back when RC and MC married and then divorced but I am curious to know. In Florida, what are the rules pertaining to spouses testifying against one another or giving info, statements to LE regarding things they know/learned about their spouse during the marriage?

I had always thought that a spouse "could not be compelled to testify against their husband/wife"

To me this means: a spouse could not be MADE to talk but could ELECT to do so if they wanted to.

but I have seen some posts on earlier threads stating that a spouse cannot testify against husband/wife even after marriage has been ended about things that ocurred during.

To me this reads as if a spouse is BARRED, not allowed to do so, no matter their wish.

Which is correct?
TIA

In general, one spouse cannot be compelled to testify of anything that happened while married. That is, if Ron and Misty did something illegal while they were married, she would not have to testify (unless she wanted to do so). However, in the case of abuse of a child, this provision is null and void. A spouse can and will be called to testify.

This whole thing has got me thinking and after Hopes sentencing and fine I am wondering another part of this. Could she be divorcing TC because of the possible financial burden should he be fined an amount such as hope was ($250,000)? If they are divorced, I don't see how she would be financial responsible - but if still married could the courts put a lien against any wages she would make to help pay for fines?

This may be a way to ensure that whatever she earns when she gets a job goes for her and the kids living expenses and not to paying TC's fines and taking money out of her childrens mouths yet again.

This is the smartest move she has made yet, but just wondering all the other possible reasons why she is doing it now.
JMOO

I was thinking the same thing! I know someone who's husband got caught up in a corporate scandal. They threatened everyone who worked there with charges in order to get them to talk. My friend and husband we so frightened by the AG that they discussed divorcing so that if they took her husband, they could keep their house/cars/assets...

Even though they loved eachother, it was the only way they could have saved her, financially.

(FTR my friend's husband was found not to have been involved....as we all knew he was not involved)

After listening to the new jail tape that was released in it's entirety I must say it sounds possible that Lyndsy is divorcing for legal reasons rather than personal reasons. The tape is from back before Lyndsy went to Mass though, so I don't know anything is possible but, something truly happened I would say. She did a complete 180 on Tommy based on the sound of her in her jail tapes. These two exchanged the I love you's at the end of each sentence and I can't see Lyndsy walking away from Tommy like this unless she found out he was involved first hand with whatever happened to Haleigh.

I feel nosy butting into her life and examining her decisions. What a situation to be in.

Very interesting question. Don't divorces usually take 6 months when children are involved? Tommy will most likely be sentenced before the divorce will be final. I think if she filled for a "legal" seperation and then a divorce she would be protected. Wonder if any of the lawyers on board at WS would know the answer to this.

IMO, as far as financial obligations, it is the date of separation. Once you are separated, you are no longer responsible for the other's debt incurred after that date. I don't know if all states go by date of separation or the date of the filing because the two dates can be different.

IMO, if Florida law allowed, Lindsay could claim the date of separation as the date Timmy was arrested as he was no longer living with her. If Timmy agreed that was the date that they were separated , , that would be the date of "legal" separation as far as financial obligations.

You have probably heard of "high profile divorcers" where they argue of the date of separation. That is because one party wants the date of separation to be different than the one listed in the filing so that money is not considered community property. Example - An actor signing a new contract, if the date of separation was before the contract was signed, they could argue that it was separate property but if they separated after the signing of the contract, it could be considered community property.

Again this is my opinion based on my legal knowledge and not be construed as legal advice.

Lindsy must know if Tommy was home or not that night. She lived with him, she must know.

It could be that he told her to cover for him that night, as he was out buying drugs or "out for a walk" or something, and she did that, believing him. Now that it looks like he might be implicated in the murder of a child - that's a different story.

I'm glad that she is cutting the ties, and hope that she will now tell the truth about that night.

BBM

I disagree. There have been plenty of times when I have insomnia I have gotten out of bed and either watched TV, or left my house and gone to my office and worked, sometimes for hours and hours. My H doesn't notice.

After listening to the new jail tape that was released in it's entirety I must say it sounds possible that Lyndsy is divorcing for legal reasons rather than personal reasons. The tape is from back before Lyndsy went to Mass though, so I don't know anything is possible but, something truly happened I would say. She did a complete 180 on Tommy based on the sound of her in her jail tapes. These two exchanged the I love you's at the end of each sentence and I can't see Lyndsy walking away from Tommy like this unless she found out he was involved first hand with whatever happened to Haleigh.

I feel nosy butting into her life and examining her decisions. What a situation to be in.

BBM I do hate to listen to him talking to his kids, it breaks my heart that he put them in this situation. I wonder more each time I hear their conversations just what prompted the filing for divorce... I wonder if she was told by child protec services that it would be a good idea?

What does BBM stand for? I tried to find it in the proper thread but it isn't there and it is driving me nuts.

BBM: Thank you for saying this. I feel the same way and will admit that I have a difficult time watching jailhouse videos. I never visit links here and only see video clips when they've been shown on various TV shows. Even then, I feel like I'm intruding into someone's personal life - like reading someone's mail - and just don't feel right about it.

I truly appreciate the time and effort that people take to transcribe the conversations as it is easier for me to read what was said rather than peering into someone's personal life by watching the videos. jmo

I can already hear it:

"Bombshell tonight! Wife of Tommy Croslin, in jail, files for divorce! But why? What does SHE know?"

This case is bad enough without all of the 'family drama' that accompanies it. A soap opera producer couldn't even dream this stuff up.

Kudos to Lindsay though. She has to do what's best for the kids and herself!

JMO

Praying for complete and total justice for Haleigh!

I could tell from the jailhouse phone calls that Lindsy really did want to know the truth and she really wanted to know for sure if Tommy was involved. She kept pushing for him to get the lie detector test.

Sad cast of characters, for sure.
Thanks to the poster who posted that jailhouse phone call, anyone know where i hear those, just the fact that tommy does not want to talk about haleigh makes me think he def knows what happened, (my opinion) and that he is trying to just forget the whole thing. Im glad L is trying to get him to open up, I didnt know she was questioning him so much and Im PROUD of her for it!!!

Here's Lindsey.

0.jpg

Thank you so much for the picture!

Original posted by Dr. Know in Updates ~ Court Clerk Information

Sad to see this but understand she has to protect herself and their children. I wish her the very best possible.
This is a civil docket for Lindsey. She has filed for a divorce

UCN: 542010DR000740FDXXXX
File Date: 2010-04-28 Disposition Date:
File Type: DISSOLUTION - DR02
Judge: A W NICHOLS III

Plaintiffs
CROSLIN LINDSY KATE Defendants
CROSLIN HANK
Date Docket Description
2010-04-28 001.CIVIL COVER SHEET
2010-04-28 002.PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE
2010-04-30 003.SUMMONS ISSUED TO: HANK CROSLIN
2010-04-30 004.FILING FEE RECEIPT
http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/civ_dkts/frame.php
If the link doesn't take you to this docket, go to civil dockets & type in Croslin%

I find a few things that are odd with this. I thought that since Lindsey and Hank Jr. have children they would have to be separated and wait 6 months to 1 year before filing for a divorce?

Also, is her name spelled wrong here?

I wonder if this to is some sort of plan and maybe she is not really divorcing him? Kind of like when Ron and Misty got married...there was a reason behind it. Something just doesn't sit right with me. I agree she should divorce him, but feel there is much more to this.

I find a few things that are odd with this. I thought that since Lindsey and Hank Jr. have children they would have to be separated and wait 6 months to 1 year before filing for a divorce?

I wonder if this to is some sort of plan and maybe she is not really divorcing him? Kind of like when Ron and Misty got married...there was a reason behind it. Something just doesn't sit right with me. I agree she should divorce him, but feel there is much more to this.

Re: BBM. Every official document that I've seen shows "Lindsy" spelled like this. It looks odd because we're accustomed to seeing the name spelled "Lindsay" or "Lindsey", but I believe that Ms. Croslin spells her name without the second vowel. I tend to notice things like this because I taught high school English ;)

Tommy wanted to see the discovery on his case. If he read it he would see Lyndsy pretty much caused him to be charged on one of the B&E's. The one where she went through the house collecting all the stuff and then turning it into LE.

I can imagine Tommy really letting her have it at a jailhouse visit because of that and Lyndsy really getting mad when she thinks about how many times he excused Misty for everything.

It was probably really making her sick every time he insisted she call Misty or let the kids see Misty in jailhouse calls.

Lyndsy might have known Tommy left that night but she was given a whole different story then the one Tommy has apparently told now. That would have really made her feel like a fool and maybe even made her a criminal.

I think whatever Tommy told the police it made it impossible for Lyndsy to stay married to him.

Tommy wanted to see the discovery on his case. If he read it he would see Lyndsy pretty much caused him to be charged on one of the B&E's. The one where she went through the house collecting all the stuff and then turning it into LE.

I can imagine Tommy really letting her have it at a jailhouse visit because of that and Lyndsy really getting mad when she thinks about how many times he excused Misty for everything.

It was probably really making her sick every time he insisted she call Misty or let the kids see Misty in jailhouse calls.

Lyndsy might have known Tommy left that night but she was given a whole different story then the one Tommy has apparently told now. That would have really made her feel like a fool and maybe even made her a criminal.

I think whatever Tommy told the police it made it impossible for Lyndsy to stay married to him.

BBM
I have to agree. If there was even a remote chance that little Haleigh was assaulted or raped, I would hope that as a mother, Lindsy wouldn't even be able to LOOK at her husband. (That thought literally sickens me!)
JMO

I too, believe there is a financial reason for her to divorce Tommy...Somewhere on the net I saw a picture of someone supposing to be Lindsy that had just gotten a tatoo on her wrist of Tommy's name....Now we know Tatoos were discussed on the latest vids we got to hear.....Even if those tapes were made just before she went to Mass,,,it has only been a month,,,,,why would a woman get a mans name on her wrist of all places if she was even thinking about a divorce.....Lindsy has always known her husband, the father of her children was a druggie,,, thief in the night to old blind men,,,among his other habits and she never went anywhere...Most of you guys here have such a kind heart and really are hurting for her and her kids,,,for me only the kids,,,,I will believe she is divorcing him in the sense we know of divorce, not one used only for financial purposes,,,when I see it.....If she does not take advantage of a real divorce, staying away from hm for good she is [acting foolishly]......These people are not "normal"....even Lindsy for being married to the guy....If she had been as bright as most of you obviously think she is now,,,she would have never married him after he beat her, and something was done to her for him to be charged of domestic violence...Jmoo

I don't necessarily think she's bright, but I think she's bright enough to know which side her bread is buttered on and Grandpa Sapp has been very generous with her. It could be he made it a condition of his continuing support. I guess we don't know for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust
Back