2010.05.11 - Casey Anthony Death Penalty Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JP says judicial is prohibited from interfering in prosecution...case law...except in special cases...bad faith...burden on defense

Court has reviewed several cases.. Supreme Court...Justice Powell and rehnquist w dissents... on study of black defendants w white victims

defense didn't meet burden

Motion denied!

Bam!

I think it is definately about appeal-But I also think it is JP's desire to get AL's argument on the record, specifically, and he will tailor his denial to address, specifically, why AL's argument does not show that the DP charge in this case is incompatible with the constitution (of Florida or the US).
My hope is that he will ultimately tell her that she has not convinced him that he should be quick to subvert the law of the people, that there is no recourse for her complaint within the courts. I believe JP respects that this 'high-brow' stuff is AL's passion...but he also has to weigh the question at hand-is the state violating KC's rights in bringing DP charges? If the state has followed the law, KC's sex will not be of issue, IMO.

Quoting myself-I love Judge P :)

Denied. 10 minute recess until next motion.

It's called acting............

Doesn't look like it. Even most actors can't make their whole face turn red and tears flow like that. If she could act that well, I think we would have seen her putting on a much different act for the public from the beginning of this case. Of course your opinion is different, everyone is entitled to their opinion. IMO her crying appeared very real but of course I don't know her feelings or motives (i.e. crying for herself, touched by the witnesses speaking up for her, crying for Caylee, a little of all of these, etc).

Judge now discussing that the burden of proof is for the defense to prove that the state had improper motive in seeking the death penalty i.e. gender bias

Judge denies motion, defense did not reach burden of proof regarding gender bias

Recess

Defense huddles in a circle, Casey and all members of defense discussing in a circle.

Gotta Love HHJP! Articulate and Very Professional - Got to love the way he reels off his cases - Defense has not met their burden - gender bias motion Denied!

HHJP has done his homework!!! Way to go!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Have I said I love this judge...can I say that...:angel:

Motion to preclude re gender bias DENIED

woooohooooo! I am lovin this judge!

DP under gender biased....Denied!!!!

I believe there will be a circus of a trial and Inmate Anthony will plead guilty to her charges...JMHO

Looks like JP knew he was going to deny this based on the actual LAW and just gave the defense a fair hearing to avoid any questions or basis for appeal later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member