2010.06.09 Prosecutors File for 911 Calls to Come into Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure I would want to put "at least I can do a better job than JB" on my legal resume? That's kind of like claiming professional standing as a miniature golf player.

The fact that we're judging CM by how bad Baez is should be insulting to CM. Yet he just acts like he's the new good ol' boy on the team. Maybe it's time to retire when you're okay with being better than an a lawyer like Baez.

Didn't Mason comment on this case during interviews or whatever before he became a member of the defense team? If so then I would have to say that he knows fully what has been out in the media and for the public to see. He can't have it both ways now, claiming that he could see glaring mistakes being made and now he hasn't had time to fully read up on the case. Sorry but he, Baez, Lyon and the rest knew what they were getting themselves into and they decided that a little fame and fortune were worth it for them.

The 911 calls will be coming in (IMO) and they (defense team) have bigger things to worry about than how they can possibly keep the tapes out. Seems to me that the defense team need to learn how to prioritize and figure out what is the most important thing to work on first.

In this way I actually feel a little sorry for CM coming in at the stage of this that he did. Remember he is by nature and training working mostly off of the formal case files and filings. Unless he is exhaustively persuing a resource such as this board or similar, he is just not getting all of the information that was delivered publicly out of court. The various interviews and curbside statements by JB and TM, who never met a camera they didn't like and seem real flexible with reality, by CA and GA on morning talk shows and curbside scream fests, just the idiotic streams of claims and comments that while not in the official record will turn up again to impeach the credibility, believability and sanity of his witnesses and co council.

I suspect that ol' CM will be ordering hisself a big bucket o' mint juleps come the 15th.

Isn't he also working pro bono? he's working for free and taking the heat...

I truly can't believe they took the occasion of Caylee's death anniversary to spout this cr*p. Caylee deserves so much better. They must be feeling the reality, though. To push aside the emotion of the day to propagate the defense's agenda tells me they are really scared Casey will end up getting the death penalty.

BBM.

Or that Caylee just isn't as important to them anymore. I think deep down they feel guilty for Caylee's death. Because I think, like all of us, they have surmised that Caylee was murdered out of jealousy and spitefulness. And behind closed doors they feel that if they had not showered Caylee with so much attention then perhaps Casey wouldn't have killed her. They're wrong. But I think they think that's the reason she did it. IMO it's partly the reason or justification for Casey. But in reality Casey would have eventually killed Caylee no matter the reason or the justification of the "moment". I think Casey had thoughts of killing Caylee for a long time. And certain circumstances made her do it at the time she did. But I do think that no matter what Cindy or George could have done Caylee would have ended up dead if left with her mother. The only thing they could have done (and in my opinion should have done) is get custody of Caylee. Short of that, sadly, this was always going to be Caylee's fate if she remained in Casey's custody. And if Casey is somehow released and she has another child that new child WILL suffer the same fate. But I imagine Casey would be much smarter about it. There's no doubt Casey is a dangerous woman and needs to stay where she is.

I haven't had much to say lately but all I can think of right now after reading the motion is "Awww come on, get real." Personally, I don't think the 911 call is even needed by the proscecution for this case, but I can see why they might want to use it to prove CAs covering up and KCs total lack of emotion and as an excited utterance. Which I still think it qualifies as, by the way.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it still make a sound? If you hold your nose around a car trunk that smells like a dead body, does it still smell like a dead body?

Isn't he also working pro bono? he's working for free and taking the heat...

That was his choice, no less after publicly admitting that Casey will be found guilty and will either spend the rest of her life in prison or be served death.

Mason also shot off his mouth that "this case would be fun" for him, whatever his twisted sense of "fun" is in a murdered baby's case. :rolleyes:

He's not been having any fun in the last 3 court appearances. Again, his own fault.

--respectfully snipped, BBM

Sorry TWA, I missed this earlier.

1. I have not seen the actual document, just the media reports.

2. AZ answered that it is not considered legally unethical, however she expounded on her answer.(see her post #488)

3. In Orange County, faxing documents IS allowed. It could be faxed, e-filed or filed in person at the clerk's office. (sidenote: I have never worked in a county where faxing is allowed. I have only e-filed and filed directly with the clerk's office.)

4. If the doc was e-filed, the clerks office would not need the original document. An e-file signature is as valid as an original ink signature. Since I have never worked in a county where faxing is allowed, I do not know the specific requirements. Not sure if they would need to follow-up with a doc containing original signatures.

5. Not sure of the specifics in re. how quickly the Orange Cty. Clerks office updates and posts recent filings. However, I find it curious that several media outlets posted citing specifics of the motion but none of them posted a copy of it. If it had been filed Friday, I would think they would have immediately requested a copy to provide as an attachment to their stories. So, I dunno. It is possible that it WAS filed and they just didn't request a copy before the clerks office closed on Friday, OR...someone from the defense provided them a copy before it was file-stamped and they didn't want to post a non file-stamped copy, OR...as been alluded to here, the defense provided a copy of a drafted motion that has not actually been filed yet. It could be any of those. I have a feeling we will have the answer tomorrow.

Filing via fax is allowed in some jurisdictions. USDC for the Northern District of California is one I know of off the top of my head. But in todays world e-filing is increasing norm for filing.

Why feel sorry for any of the defense team...... they made a conscience decision to be part of it knowing exactly what had transpired from July 17, 2008.

Knowledge aside, it was egos that had them sign on the dotted line, nothing less. Oh and a money bucket in royalty fees when it's over.

Respectfully quoted.
Countzero I couldn't agree more. It's Counterintuitive. I am utterly confused by any sympathy projected for the defense.

Richard Hornsby's post explains the issue of the 911 calls being admitted as evidence very clearly. After reading his post, I have no doubt that the 911 calls will be admitted.

The three 911 calls clearly show the state of mind and circumstances in which Casey, under pressure from Cindy to produce Caylee, made up the kidnapping story.

It's the prosecutions whole case in a nutshell - Casey murdered Caylee, spent 31 days avoiding her mother, but once found and confronted by her mother, made up the kidnapping story.

I can see the prosecution's case now...........after their opening statement, they put Cindy on the stand as the first witness. The prosecution will elicit some background information on the family and then question Cindy on the events of June 2008, dwelling on the events of June 15th through the next month to July 15th. After questioning Cindy on the events of July 15th, the prosecution will play the 911 tapes and finish with a few more questions. I think the prosecution will ask that Cindy be available for re-direct.

On cross examination, the defense will try to downplay the importance of the third 911 call by asking Cindy about her statement that the car smelled like a dead body, at which time Cindy will say that she said that to get LE respond quicker.

But, more importantly, the jury will hear Casey on two of the calls, in the first one asking for "just one more day." On the third, and most important 911 call, the jury will hear Casey reluctantly talking to the 911 operator and they will hear that Casey responds to the operator's questions calmly in a flat non-concerned monotone.

That was his choice, no less after publicly admitting that Casey will be found guilty and will either spend the rest of her life in prison or be served death.

Mason also shot off his mouth that "this case would be fun" for him, whatever his twisted sense of "fun" is in a murdered baby's case. :rolleyes:

He's not been having any fun in the last 3 court appearances. Again, his own fault.

Hi Dignity,

You are 1000% right. I have listened to this call and I have not heard many talk about the fact that at one point Cindy tells George that Caylee is missing (George tells prosecutors and others he was not there when the call took place) CINDY IS CLEARLY TALKING to George and can barely get his name out (three times) telling him Caylee is missing and you can hear George say WHAT?

Cindy also tells prosecutors that Lee grabbed her during this call - George tells prosecutors he had to hold Cindy. Apparently, she was anything but steady on her feet.

It is an agonizing call and it should be heard because if she is acting, Meryl Streep should tune in and get a lesson. BUT SHE IS NOT ACTING.

Chaney today was annoyed with the questions from Kathy Melich when she said Cindy talked to her co workers about the smell in the car and was worried. Has Chaney been hanging around the Anthonys too long and decided that the biggest lie will work.

Lately his actions in Court for lack of a better word 'SUCKKKKKKKK'. He has been embarrassed by Judge Perry on two occasions for lack of expertise. He knows it and Perry just stares pokar faced at him. Don't you just love it when Perry goes for a decision and inevitably looks at the RULE book and starts his answer. Perry may mispronounce words but lawd almighty he knows his cases and always starts with "according to". No wonder he has never been overturned, save once and that was a partial overturning.

She is dead in the water.

Hi Dignity,

You are 1000% right. I have listened to this call and I have not heard many talk about the fact that at one point Cindy tells George that Caylee is missing (George tells prosecutors and others he was not there when the call took place) CINDY IS CLEARLY TALKING to George and can barely get his name out (three times) telling him Caylee is missing and you can hear George say WHAT?

Cindy also tells prosecutors that Lee grabbed her during this call - George tells prosecutors he had to hold Cindy. Apparently, she was anything but steady on her feet.

It is an agonizing call and it should be heard because if she is acting, Meryl Streep should tune in and get a lesson. BUT SHE IS NOT ACTING.

SO, if this is the best Chaney can come up with - Casey may get a second chance at bad legal representation.

Is this the 3rd 911 call??? If so, I need to take another listen because I don't recall hearing the exchange with GA...

06/22/2010 Reply Defendant's; to State's Response Regarding Admissibility of 911 Calls

Here is the latest entry on the Clerk of Courts record for this case. Do you suppose that the document the defense filed today, is the same one that RH posted before today?

Why feel sorry for any of the defense team...... they made a conscience decision to be part of it knowing exactly what had transpired from July 17, 2008.

Knowledge aside, it was egos that had them sign on the dotted line, nothing less. Oh and a money bucket in royalty fees when it's over.

I think this was the prime motivator above all.

Respectfully quoted.
I was never aware that CM stated that Casey will be found guilty....... please do you know where I can find that quote. I think it speaks volumes of the defense team:banghead:

Respectfully quoted.
I was never aware that CM stated that Casey will be found guilty....... please do you know where I can find that quote. I think it speaks volumes of the defense team:banghead:

Here you go friend, he said that and more. It amused me so, I at one time had the video in my signature line of him mocking the defense team.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18268796/detail.html

Defense attorney Cheney Mason said claims made by Casey Anthony and Baez that Caylee was alive will now work against them at trial.

"Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever," Mason said.

"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life," Mason said.

Attorneys Discuss Trial Options In Casey Anthony Murder Case ...
defense attorney Cheney Mason said. .... You have George (Anthony, Casey Anthony's father), who used to be a deputy, and says it smelled like a .
www.clickorlando.com/news/18025942/detail.html - Cached - Similar
If the case did get to a jury, Pipitone asked Mason if he thought her attorneys would put her on the stand.

"Knowing what I know at this time, there's not a snowball's chance you know where I put her on the witness stand," Mason said.

"Why is that?" Pipitone said.

"Well, because there's so much to cross-examine her about," Mason said.

06/22/2010 Reply Defendant's; to State's Response Regarding Admissibility of 911 Calls

Here is the latest entry on the Clerk of Courts record for this case. Do you suppose that the document the defense filed today, is the same one that RH posted before today?

MuzikMan has gone to the courthouse and got a copy of the FILED copy of the Motion - MM says they are the same.
I still don't know why Mason LIED to Judge Perry yesterday, when Mason clearly told the Judge that he had filed the Motion on FRIDAY??!!

Respectfully snipped:

Hi Dignity,

Is this the 3rd 911 call??? If so, I need to take another listen because I don't recall hearing the exchange with GA...

At the 1:27 mark:

Cindy: George, Caylee is missing
George: What?
Cindy: Caylee is missing. Casey says Zanny took her a month ago.

At the 1:50 mark:

The operator is asking to speak to Casey and Cindy yells, "I'm on the phone with them" (not to the operator but to somene in room, the only person it could be is George because Lee was already there and knew she was calling). Apparently she handed the phone off to Casey then Cindy said, "I called them two hours ago, they haven't gotten here" (again, she must be talking to George, Lee already knew). Casey finally admitted Zanny took her a month ago and she's been trying to find her.

George may wiggle his way out of this one and say he wasn't there when the phone call was made but came in after the call was already in progress.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hW5idawr3I[/ame]

IMO

Here is the version filed with the clerk - did a quick skim and it looked the same, I did not look at every word though. Those of you that have the time may want to do so. :)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4453441...se-Regarding-Admissibility-of-911-Calls_FILED

Also put it on the Motions thread, along with the 6/21 Court Minutes and 6/22 Provision of Discovery. :)

Here is the version filed with the clerk - did a quick skim and it looked the same, I did not look at every word though. Those of you that have the time may want to do so. :)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4453441...se-Regarding-Admissibility-of-911-Calls_FILED

Also put it on the Motions thread, along with the 6/21 Court Minutes and 6/22 Provision of Discovery. :)

THANK YOU MUZIKMAN!!! YOU ARE OUR HERO!!! EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!! :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::rocker::rocker:

Thank you so much Muzikman, I printed both, the documents are identical, how or why it was filed after the fact, is anyone's guess. That is the least of Cheney's worries, he has real things to worry about in this document.

Let's count the incorrect facts Mr Mason puts forth:

The car was NOT "in the impound lot with the police department".

Cindy did NOT go into the car at the tow yard.

According to George's LE statement, Cindy said to him "Jesus Christ, what died?" when the car was at home. If, as Cheney says coworkers say, "George told her the car smelled like a dead body had been in it." That is just extra special, but the point is she thought and said those words too. She also relayed that to Amy. Did Cheney read any of the police statements folks made, any of them?:sick:

Cindy went home and found Amy's phone number - IN CASEY'S CAR!!! Ya think she might have smelled the dead body then???:furious:

It was not an OCSO substation, it was an Orlando PD substation.

The second call was made at home, not in the car.:banghead:

Cheney apparently does NOT understand that the excited utterance was made immediately after Cindy learned for the FIRST TIME that Caylee had been "Kidnapped!!!":banghead:

Good lord, guys! You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!:snooty:

Wonder how the , how was your trip Jose phone call is going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966