2010.06.21 ~ CNN says focus of investigation not on TH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any indication that either the 7 year old fellow student nor his grandmother is lying to get "fame". They spoke one time to get the information out there. They have not "licensed photos" of the boys together to get money from media, nor made the rounds of the cable news shows to keep their faces in the media, as we have seen MANY other times with family members and so called friends of victims families. The boy was allowed to speak ONCE to tell what he knew, that's all. There is a very good chance that LE is not mentioning this child's statement in order to PROTECT that child and others from a media onslaught that would taint their testimony later. That child is no less a credible witness than the teacher(s) and may be more reliable as he has no interest in trying to protect himself from liability for this incident, as does the teacher.

jmoo

It would really be nice to know if T's account is factual and not confused w/ another day. That could really open up a lot of other possibilities as well as squash some possibilities. Was T not alarmed when Kyron never came back to class? Did he try to mention it again to the teacher only to be ignored?

Had T told his story to the school and LE and the grandmother felt it was not taken seriously? If so, that could be the reason they spoke out. That statement could very well clear TH.

I would love to know what the teacher has said regarding T's statement!

semantics. Websleuths Websleuthers - I am simply saying that LE is paying attention to us folks here online (which includes those of us participating through this particular forum) and has asked for our cooperation almost by name. I, for one, will be giving it.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...-office-with-update?cid=sharing_twitter:34328

Sorry the link is not working for you. I got it from BeanE on another thread and it worked okay for me.

Weird thing about that interview...the LE was happy to say that the uncle had been investigated but everything else was no comment.

That is my impression. It appears the cell phone pings at 8:45 show her to be on or near Sauvie Island, not watching Kyron walking down the hall to his classroom. idk

How far is Sauvie island from the school by car?

Is it possible that she left Kyron at school earlier than claimed for some business of her own, perhaps meeting up with someone that she doesn't want anyone to know about (lover, drug dealer)? Maybe she told him just to hang around the exhibits until he heard the bell, which left him unsupervised for some period of time.

That would mean she wasn't the perp, but could explain why she lied (if she did) about the times and where she was AND the guilty/scared look on her face at the press conferences (IMO).

semantics. Websleuths Websleuthers - I am simply saying that LE is paying attention to us folks here online (which includes those of us participating through this particular forum) and has asked for our cooperation almost by name. I, for one, will be giving it.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...-office-with-update?cid=sharing_twitter:34328

Sorry the link is not working for you. I got it from BeanE on another thread and it worked okay for me.

Thanks for being a voice of logic and reason and compassion for the family and especially for the all three of the children of TH!

Also, the link works perfectly fine, I tried it twice.

jmoo

I don't see how anything changed. Isn't it what they've said all along, that they're not in a position to name persons of interest?

you will also notice the article linked in the OP does not actually quote anything about focus, it only quotes they're looking at all info, which is all as it should be.

from artcile in OP

In a brief phone interview with CNN, sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said the focus of the investigation is not on Terri Horman.

"We're looking for every bit of information that we can," Lindstrand said. "We are not in a position to name anybody a person of interest."

Weird thing about that interview...the LE was happy to say that the uncle had been investigated but everything else was no comment.

I too found that really weird. It was one of a very few questions to which the response was not "I cannot comment". So we armchair detectives were not the only ones who found this uncle's arrest alarming. Although, MOO is that the uncle will be proven to have been nowhere near the area and have nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

How far is Sauvie island from the school by car?

Is it possible that she left Kyron at school earlier than claimed for some business of her own, perhaps meeting up with someone that she doesn't want anyone to know about (lover, drug dealer)? Maybe she told him just to hang around the exhibits until he heard the bell, which left him unsupervised for some period of time.

That would mean she wasn't the perp, but could explain why she lied (if she did) about the times and where she was AND the guilty/scared look on her face at the press conferences (IMO).

It's certainly possible, though I'd imagine pretty early on that she would have changed her story. You know, to aid with the search for her son. She might not have told the public, but at least the police would know. That could be consistent with the way the police haven't spoken about the timeline since around day 3.

It would really be nice to know if T's account is factual and not confused w/ another day. That could really open up a lot of other possibilities as well as squash some possibilities. Was T not alarmed when Kyron never came back to class? Did he try to mention it again to the teacher only to be ignored?

Had T told his story to the school and LE and the grandmother felt it was not taken seriously? If so, that could be the reason they spoke out. That statement could very well clear TH.

I would love to know what the teacher has said regarding T's statement!

Grandmother says that the FBI instructed them not to talk to the media.

If she left earlier for some unsavory business, wouldn't one think that she would admit to LE what that business was?

What could be worse than people thinking she did something to the missing child?

Every trip to the grocery store, the bank, the gym, whatever , a percentage of the people will think that she's a killer.

Her little daughter will not be welcome at most people's homes.

Even those that want to believe her innocent will not trust her around their children, I would imagine.

Why won't she tell if there is another explanation for the cell phone pings?

GREAT QUESTION!

That is a complete rumor perpetuated by the WW article that interviewed five people who they claim have some kind of former association with LE. For all we know those people could be janitors, secretaries and receptionists. Their un-named sources GUESSED that PERHAPS there were cell pings there. The article itself says their sources did not have any access to this particular case or the results of the investigation. For all we know, any cell pings----if they exist at all--from the SI area could belong to someone else entirely.

This RUMOR has been perpetuated here along with other media using the WW article as a source. Please note also, that WW is FREE weekly publication, and their reliability should be viewed as such.

jmoo

Bolding in first paragraph by me.

Usually, I'm in agreement with you Raeann, but I think you are incorrect here. WW article is very clear that the five people are "law enforcement officials" - not janitors, receptionists, or secretaries, as you say.

The other thing is, if you are going to disparage the paper for being free, and weekly, it would be nice to explain exactly why. When has the WW been shown to be unprofessional as a newspaper? I would consider the fact that it won a Pulitzer Prize (for investigative journalism), and that it has broken some pretty important local news here in Portland/Oregon (Neil Goldschmidt, for example) to count in its favor. Honestly, there is nothing about what WW reported that the Oregonian wouldn't have written.

GREAT QUESTION!

That is a complete rumor perpetuated by the WW article that interviewed five people who they claim have some kind of former association with LE. For all we know those people could be janitors, secretaries and receptionists. Their un-named sources GUESSED that PERHAPS there were cell pings there. The article itself says their sources did not have any access to this particular case or the results of the investigation. For all we know, any cell pings----if they exist at all--from the SI area could belong to someone else entirely.

This RUMOR has been perpetuated here along with other media using the WW article as a source. Please note also, that WW is FREE weekly publication, and their reliability should be viewed as such.

jmoo

Many posters here have indicated that this paper is anything but a rumor-mongering rag. Whether the paper is free or not is hardly relevant. Where I live, we have a weekly, which is free, and does some of the most in-depth pieces in the state on all sorts of current affairs and is often way ahead of the curve. I think it is probably very similar to the weekly there in Portland that printed the story last week. I think their wording was very cautious, as it should be, but that does make it unreliable, automatically. In any case, the fact that so many other sources have picked it up tells me it is not a notoriously poor source.

When we have a DIRECT quote that has the word's "TH is not a suspect" from LE, then we have something. The LT. never specifically said TH.
ITA.

I think the title of the thread may need tweaked.

What I took LE's statement to mean is that they are looking at every bit of information and will not comment on jack squat to include naming persons of interest.

wonder if they always give two polygraphs to people that aren't of interest to their case?

Maybe TH passed both lie detector tests. If there really were 2 lie detector tests given... This case is so confusing with what's the truth and with what's a rumor. There are just so many quotes but who's to say the quote is accurate if it's not from LE. It's just all a big blur!

Thanks for being a voice of logic and reason and compassion for the family and especially for the all three of the children of TH!

Also, the link works perfectly fine, I tried it twice.

jmoo

In fairness..because some of us may not believe for eg TH has totally told the truth..does NOT mean we dont have compassion for Kyrons loved ones. I know i personally feel very very sorry for Desiree especially.

And the link in the second post worked fine for me. In the first one it didnt.

The reporter writing the article made a statement that is not accurate. The police said "they are not in a position to name anyone who is a POI or suspect."

That has nothing to do with where they are focusing their investigation, which they are NOT going to confirm or deny to CNN or anyone else on the record.

Much ado about nothing, once again. More semantics fun 'n games and misstatements.

sigh...

I confess it makes me crazy to see that 98% of what is posted and discussed amounts to nothing more than rumors and wild speculation. Very few facts.

I said this the other day, when this was reported in another article. This is word games. LE chooses thier words very carefully.

Of course Terri is not the focus of the investigation. Kyron is the focus of the investigation.
They are not in a position to name anyone. because if they name anyone the person is likely to lawyer up.

Its obvious they are looking at her, what very little info we have is about her. They also never named a person of intrest in Haleigh's case, many times they dont name a POI, because if they do it limits their options.

I don't really find this so weird. They indicated way back when that they had interviewed and checked out sex offenders in the area. They probably answered this question as it would hardly be wise to allow public to think that they are not following up on other areas, especially something this close to the family, involving a sex offense. I feel certain they know where the uncle was or at least wasn't, by now.

I said this the other day, when this was reported in another article. This is word games. LE chooses thier words very carefully.

Of course Terri is not the focus of the investigation. Kyron is the focus of the investigation.
They are not in a position to name anyone. because if they name anyone the person is likely to lawyer up.

Its obvious they are looking at her, what very little info we have is about her. They also never named a person of intrest in Haleigh's case, many times they dont name a POI, because if they do it limits their options.

If she's smart, she has retained an attorney, guilty or not.

Why won't she tell if there is another explanation for the cell phone pings?

my snip

of course we dont know yet if she did lie for any reason and then amend it for whatever reason. LE knows I guess but they're saying nothing.

We have reports Kyron was confirmed to be seen at the school that morning without TH. A few days ago LE released a statement saying TH was the last person to see Kyron. Does this not imply that they know TH had Kyron after the hour he was seen at school without her?

I would not be surprised to learn they have one or more witnesses of TH leaving the grounds with Kyron. Not much has been released about Kaine's whereabouts or involvement.

LE has stated this is an isolated case and no other kids are in danger (therefore you can rule out stranger abduction). They have stated this is now a criminal investigation (therefore you can rule out Kyron wandering off on his own). They have stated TH was the last person to see Kyron. They have released a questionaire about TH. They gave her a second polygraph. LE is living in the house.

Blind Freddy can see what happened and where the focus is on.

I agree with you 100% Ash.:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member