2010.06.21 ~ CNN says focus of investigation not on TH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about two things. Didn't SM supposedly go to the gym after leaving the school? Most chain gyms have a swipe card you have to use to enter. A smaller non-chain type would probably not require this. Does anyone know if the gym requires a swipe card to enter? Also, we keep hearing about cell phone pings and I have to wonder if they had a family plan where all the lines were in her name. I ask this because I have four cellphone numbers that are registered to me. Of course I only carry one of them but if there was ever a question law enforcement wouldn't neccesarily know which number was actually the one I use and so it could look like "I" was in four different places at the same time.

I would like LE to find Kyron and to find out who took him.

But I hope it is not one of the 4 parents. That would be the worst outcome, IMO.

I don't think it is going to far afield to wonder if someone took him who saw him (store, library, worker who came to the house or school), found out about the science fair (newspaper, conversation), went to the school and acted on his opportunity to take Kyron right after he saw SM leave.

Kind of like the Elizabeth Smart case.

Hmmm... the ENTIRE outside world versus only those who were at the school... which is larger? Granted, you don't neccesarily know everyone who was at the school. But still, whoever took this child was at that school, which narrows suspects down considerably over the number of possible suspects outside the school. So it does limit the suspects. Now you just have to find out who was at the school.

Keep in mind that the Horman house is on a gravel road at the end of a long, curved driveway. From what I can tell, you can't even see their house from the road in the summer because there's a thick stand of trees between the house and the road.

So that would really limit the pool of suspects; it would just be too unlikely for a stranger to find him while playing at home.

Outside of the home in non-school situations, such as at a mall, zoo, play date, etc, there would be more suspects but a much narrower window of opportunity. If I were planning to kill someone, I'd allow at least an hour to do the deed and dispose of the body. If he disappeared from a public place, the window of opportunity would be much narrower.

No matter who did this, I think they lucked out that Kyron wasn't discovered missing for 7 hours. I think whoever did it counted on having an hour or so.

Our child's school scans the ID of anyone coming in . It checks against some type of registry .Not sure if it's a SO registry or just a school registry of people not allowed in. For instance,in some child custody cases a parent may not be allowed access for various reasons.
After they scan our ID a sticker comes out with your picture on it and you sign in.Doesn't matter if you come twice a day ,every day,they do it every time .

Do they follow that same procedure for large events with many family members showing up such as graduation ceremonies, talent shows or science fairs?

I wonder about two things. Didn't SM supposedly go to the gym after leaving the school? Most chain gyms have a swipe card you have to use to enter. A smaller non-chain type would probably not require this. Does anyone know if the gym requires a swipe card to enter? Also, we keep hearing about cell phone pings and I have to wonder if they had a family plan where all the lines were in her name. I ask this because I have four cellphone numbers that are registered to me. Of course I only carry one of them but if there was ever a question law enforcement wouldn't neccesarily know which number was actually the one I use and so it could look like "I" was in four different places at the same time.

They could probably tell from looking at the history of usage (phone calls made, received), and also pings. As long as they had some information about you and your routine, it probably would not be that hard.

I've never heard anything about SM going to the gym that day, media said she ran errands after she left the school. I'm sure LE has traced her steps that day by her cell phone pings.

They could probably tell from looking at the history of usage (phone calls made, received), and also pings. As long as they had some information about you and your routine, it probably would not be that hard.

Of course it wouldn't be that hard, but they would look at all of the numbers to be thorough. They certainly wouldn't just take your word for it. Since we've been given no solid info about the cell phone issue I'd think its entirely possble they could have a family plan and someone's phone was close enough to that island to ping a tower there. It doesn't neccesarily have to be the phone she used, maybe its just one in her name.

:sick::sick:check out her facebook thread which has recently been approved.

working out=what she posted that she was doing

I hate to say this but it is going to have to be up to LE to keep this case in the media and the only way they can do that is by either releasing information or making an arrest, or finding Kyron. Already the stories are further and further down on the news site pages and if the family is not out there every day (which I am sure the media would love, at this point) there is not much the media can do.

I would like LE to find Kyron and to find out who took him.

But I hope it is not one of the 4 parents. That would be the worst outcome, IMO.

I don't think it is going to far afield to wonder if someone took him who saw him (store, library, worker who came to the house or school), found out about the science fair (newspaper, conversation), went to the school and acted on his opportunity to take Kyron right after he saw SM leave.

Kind of like the Elizabeth Smart case.

Well, for the most selfish of reasons, I hope it IS one of the parents. My children are near that age and I live nearby. If I think too much about someone watching and preying on random kids around here, I'll never let them leave the house. Of course, I understand your point though. It would be the hardest thing to understand - how a parent could do such a horrible thing.

I hate to say this but it is going to have to be up to LE to keep this case in the media and the only way they can do that is by either releasing information or making an arrest, or finding Kyron. Already the stories are further and further down on the news site pages and if the family is not out there every day (which I am sure the media would love, at this point) there is not much the media can do.

Forget about the family being out there every day. They seem to be pretty much not out there at all!! Except for the one pressor where all 4 parents were present (only the dads talked), I haven't seen any of them talk to the press. Have I missed any of them speaking out to the media and public besides this????

I tell you, the lack of communication from the step mom and father is creeping me out! It has been 18 days since KH has been missing. By all appearances, the step mom and father seem to be holed up and not talking. I'm sorry but this is messing with me and my brain can't understand why they aren't out there in the public trying to find answers to their poor boy who is missing.

The family is not out there every day?? They seem to be pretty much not out there at all!! Except for the one pressor where all 4 parents were present (only the dads talked), I haven't seen any of them talk to the press. Have I missed any of them speaking out to the media and public besides this????

I tell you, the lack of communication from the step mom and father is creeping me out! It has been 18 days since KH has been missing. By all appearances, the step mom and father seem to be holed up and not talking. I'm sorry but this is messing with me and my brain can't understand why they aren't out there in the public trying to find answers to their poor boy who is missing.

What are your thoughts on Mom and Stepdad's lack of communication and not being out there in the public trying to find answers?

Well, for the most selfish of reasons, I hope it IS one of the parents. My children are near that age and I live nearby. If I think too much about someone watching and preying on random kids around here, I'll never let them leave the house.

If I lived in the vicinity, I would be worried, no matter what LE has said. I'd figure that unless they could back up their statements with a reason other than statistics (both missing child stats, local crime stats over time, attack frequency of child predators), that my family would be better safe than sorry.

I understand that LE is not at liberty to discuss their reasons for their conclusion about the safety of children there.

I imagine that LE is under immense pressure to solve this case. I just hope they have evidence and good leads and whatever else they need to believe this will happen soon.

Is there any verified information where LE has told the parents (all of them) to not talk with the press? There are so many posts and unverified information out there, so I might have missed something where it has been verified that LE has told the parents to keep quiet.

I think LE is feeling intense scrutiny of the nation, and are so afraid of making a mistake they are not even releasing enough info to possibly help find Kyron or solve the case...unless they are POSITIVE they have the suspect under their control and expect a confession soon, I am not getting this strategy at all.

At least the mom released a personal open letter to Kyron in the media recently.

And there have been at least 4 other media releases/statements made by the entire family or on their behalf. And then Dad speaking to searchers (ruby's search thread has a post on it).

I guess I have to wonder why Terri and Kaine's (well, let's not be coy here---Terri's) lack of time in front of the media and public pleas are any more suspicious than that of his own mom and his stepdad?

And there have been at least 4 other media releases/statements made by the entire family or on their behalf. And then Dad speaking to searchers (ruby's search thread has a post on it).

I guess I have to wonder why Terri and Kaine's (well, let's not be coy here---Terri's) lack of time in front of the media and public pleas are any more suspicious than that of his own mom and his stepdad?

I am just going to take a wild guess at your last question...and my answer doesn't reflect who I do or don't believe was involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Perhaps people are scrutizing them more closely because Kyron primarily lived with them? Some of the stuff that's been put out there.....CM's comments, for example...seem to attempt to portray TH and KH as the 'main' parents.

Just a thought.

I am just going to take a wild guess at your last question...and my answer doesn't reflect who I do or don't believe was involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Perhaps people are scrutizing them more closely because Kyron primarily lived with them? Some of the stuff that's been put out there.....CM's comments, for example...seem to attempt to portray TH and KH as the 'main' parents.

Just a thought.

Perhaps. But it's still his mom and stepdad.

I don't find any of their behaviours suspicious. Everyone reacts differently. I wonder if Tony being a police detective doesn't play into this somehow.

I see some claim they'd be screaming from the mountaintops. Well, not everyone would behave that way. I myself could NEVER get in front of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper