2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing...and I am so sorry for your loss....but in your grief you were looking for something to stop that horrid pain hence the alcohol....you were trying to end the pain not have gratification.....am sorry but sexting or texting immediately after this little guy went missing is pure gratification in my opinion.....and that is all it is an opinion...of course I have lost a child so I know what horrific grief is....and I am sorry but sex never entered into it at all......there just are no words for this....I could have overlooked a lot with TH had it not have been for this.........if nothing else her own child was taken away...........where was her grief over that???????????? IMO

I am so sorry for your pain in losing your child. I do not know what it is to lose a child that I have held in my arms and loved for a period of time, but have lost a child thru a miscarriage so I can identify on some levels - although I do not know exactly what you experienced.

Apparently tonight I am having a hard time making myself clear/understood. I'm not trying to force an opinion, but think I need to make something a little more plain.

Yes, in my case I was trying to numb myself with alcohol - which led me to do some foolish things. I don't know why I did what I did, but all I know is that if I hadn't been drinking the things I did, I never would have.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Terri. We know that TH has received a DUI and KH has alluded to her drinking. So maybe this is sexting/inappropriate behavior is due to the same thing mine was - alcohol.

Link please? I have not heard any msm say that LS never reported it to LE.
IT has been reported that he reported it when LE reached out to anyone that had had contact with her. So, it would appear that he did not report it at the time, only after Kyron's disappearance and the potential that TH may have been involved. I'll see what i can find for you.

The landscaper - whom Terri had hired to do work last November without Kaine's knowledge - came forward to investigators as they reached out to everyone that they could find who had had contact with the family.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Hormanprobelatest-97771724.html

I also learned some awesome Yiddish: "hoo-hah"

Gotta love ya WS. :heart:

Here's what the yiddish hoo hah is:
Main Entry: hoo–ha
Variant(s): also hoo–hah \ˈhü-ˌhä\
Function: noun
Etymology: probably from Yiddish hu-ha uproar, exclamation of surprise
Date: 1931

I think that what the Army (or is it the Marines) yells is kind of similar to this Hoo-ha! (not the naughty bits hoo-hah)

Sorry, I'm not buying it. I'll grant you your statement is true in many cases. Here, though, it just doesn't fly for the following reasons:
(1) KH has sole custody of the baby and TH is restrained from any contact;
(2) We aren't talking about postponing the divorce, TH isn't contesting the divorce and the divorce can be granted immediately, we're only talking about delaying the division of custodial rights and marital assets;
(3) TH is unemployed, has no independent assets amd is likely unemployable until the criminal case is resolved - KH isn't getting any money out of this divorce, he'll only be paying it out to TH;
(4) TH's motion for abatement stipulated away all of the other valid financial reasons KH may have had to oppose it (e.g., she waived any claim to the earnings on the marital assets post separation); and
(5) the baby is not old enough to understand and be anxious over a delay in the resolution of her parents' financial situation.

No, KH has no reason to fight the motion for abatement other than as a vehicle to sling mud (court wise) at TH via court motions that are immediately released in the press.

IMNAL, nor have I ever divorced, but I am wondering if TH might not be entitled to monthly support payments until the divorce is final? If the settlement is delayed for a long time, Kaine may have to pay lots and lots of $$ over time to support her. Better for him if he can just settle the assets and be done with her.

It's more than likely Houze told Terri that IF she was charged with disappearing/harming Kyron and MFH against Kaine, and it preceeded to trial his fees for such a case could be upwards of 350K to defend her.

Sounds like to me she feels like the above will happen and because of this expects to pay 350K. Houze makes the grossly overstated comment because TH has been charged with ZERO crimes as of yet. Also sounds like TH expects to be charged. Wonder why that is?!?

Just my uneducated guess on the situation!

Good point! Writing that Houze costs 350K when she hasn't even been charged with a crime is significant, IMO. Why wouldn't she be expecting that LE will finally be able to substantiate her timeline for the day, find a witness who saw her leave the school without Kyron, realize they have no evidence against her and/or even that Kyron will be found soon.
She didn't write, "Worst case scenario, he costs 350K," or "If they unfairly charge me, he costs 350K." Just "Guess what he costs?" "350K"

They were in an adult relationship. As distasteful as people think this is (myself included) it isn't our business. Why do we know this, anyway? How does knowing this help find out what happened to Kyron?

Her attorney fees are a matter for divorce; I get that. But frankly, I believe it's her divorce attorney whose fees should be subject to a marital dispute, since it is apparent she came up with funds some other way to pay for a criminal attorney. And her divorce attorney submitted, just like his, an affidavit for spousal payment of fees.

Technically, Kaine and Terri are still married. He was the spouse earning a living while she was a stay-at-home wife and mother with no separate income. He has every right to question the source of the funds used to pay for her criminal attorney. It's really no different that Kaine coming home from work one day to find a brand new $45,000 car in his drive way, asking Terri where that came from, and when she says, "I bought it", he asks where the money came from.

Marine Corps:

Hooooooooooooooo....RAH!

(For all our Vietnam vets, KIAs, MIAs, and R.L. KIA 1970)

desquire said:
(2) We aren't talking about postponing the divorce, TH isn't contesting the divorce and the divorce can be granted immediately, we're only talking about delaying the division of custodial rights and marital assets;

2) No, Terri's divorce attorney filed to delay the divorce proceedings in sum, not just the custody and asset portions of the divorce. LINK

sbm / bbm

CBS is wrong, desquire is correct.

Respondent's Motion To Hold Case In Abatement, Page 3, lines 7-10.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/terri+horman+abate+divorce.pdf

MC: (It's in the news so I figure I can text it.)

Makes you wonder what they were discussing that wasn't in the news. And how were they discussing it? Looks like MC is saying that he knows there are things that they're not supposed to discuss in text, but this is ok because it's gone public.

Yes, it definitely implies that he was instructed by TH to avoid texting about things that were not yet public knowledge.

JMO

I hate to be taking on the role of Terri defender here but doesn't anyone else find it significant that there were redacted text messages between the ones qouted in the article? Either MC was texting with someone else as he was texting with TH or we are getting a very stilted picture of the actual conversation. For example, Terri's statement, "Yep. Guess how much he costs?" follows a redacted text sent by MC. For all we know, she was responding to a MC statement along the lines of "Wow, He's good, bet he doesn't come cheap." There's also a redacted text received by MC just before the "350K"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kaine_hormans_lawyer_files_tex.html

The entire unredacted transcript is being offered to the court. It is against legal ethics to redact a transcript in order to twist the meaning. In other words, if the redacted portions would change the meaning of what is apparently evident, the attorney presenting it would be in deep doo doo. I am confident that the redacted portions are not meaningful to the discussion at hand.

I think she kind of side-stepped by saying that "he costs" that much, rather than "I have paid him" or "I have to pay him" that much.

JMO

desquire, I was just going to post that we can't read this in context since parts are redacted.

MC asks how much, Terri replies something that is blacked out, and then she replies 350K.

Who knows in what context the 350K is meant? I really expected more from this.

That message may have nothing to do with the 350k question. Have you ever been instant messaging and your posts cross in cyberspace? She might have been replying to something else, or sending some steamy x-rated message at the same time he was asking how much.

If you read it, it just doesn't flow like that. I don't care how romantically inept they may be, no one mixes a discussion of legal fees in and around their dirty talk. It's counterproductive.

Well, I have a feeling that in Terri's mind, sex is all business. I doubt there is a romantic bone in her body. She uses her assets to get what she wants. Period.

Makes one wonder who benefits with an information leak at all.

I agree. How did Terri think she would benefit by leaking this information to her paramour du jour?

No, KH has no reason to fight the motion for abatement other than as a vehicle to sling mud (court wise) at TH via court motions that are immediately released in the press.
With all that came out late last week and over the weekend and --- as it was noted even on this forum --- people beginning to see that Terri's stated timeline is being verified and tightened, comments made that are starting to show some doubt that Terri was involved, I fully expected something to come out early this week from Kaine or Desiree or both designed to remind everyone just how evil and demented Terri really is. I am not in the least surprised to see these texts revealed to the media.

This is a filing that was necessary to answer the Abatement that Houze filed. I don't see this as anything more than Kaine's attorney complying with a time frame to file an answer to Houze's motion for an Abatement. To not do so could mean the court would feel Kaine has no interests to protect in this legal matter.

Respectfully edited. Kyron's best interests? Hmmm. Kaine wants to act in the best interests of both of his children? Does this mean that Kaine has information about Kyron's whereabouts and when the missing boy might return to the family domicile? Curiosity is gonna kill me one of these days ;)

I think they are all working under the assumption Kyron is still alive since his body has not been found. If you were missing, wouldn't you want your dad to assume you were alive rather than assume you were dead? It makes perfect sense to me to include Kyron in the legal motions. It would be cruel and unnecessary to do otherwise. He's only been missing 2 months. Kaine will have the rest of his life to grieve should it turn out Kyron is no longer with us. Let's not ask him to give up hope prematurely.

With all that came out late last week and over the weekend and --- as it was noted even on this forum --- people beginning to see that Terri's stated timeline is being verified and tightened, comments made that are starting to show some doubt that Terri was involved, I fully expected something to come out early this week from Kaine or Desiree or both designed to remind everyone just how evil and demented Terri really is. I am not in the least surprised to see these texts revealed to the media.

Consider this:

I'm sitting here scratching my head because the transcript of the texts between TH and MC was attached as an exhibit to Kaine's motion opposing abatement but the issue of the $350k is not brought up at all in the motion. I haven't seen a complete copy of the motion with all of its attachments, so maybe there is a tie in with some other document filed that I haven't seen, but the texts are irrelevant to the motion. It's highly unusual to even include a factual exhibit to this sort of motion. Thus the only purpose I can see was to bring media attention back to the whole sexting episode that has recently been buried by actual Kyron-related talk about witnesses and timelines and truck sightings.

Ok, wait a minute. I find that whole "it's in the news so we can talk about it" thing bizarre.

Like first of all, Terri was sending this man pictures of her hoo hah and who knows what else, and all of a sudden this guy is worried about only talking about things that were in the news already? I mean, doesn't that just seem so weird to even make that comment?

This woman is showing you parts of her body, engaged in sexual acts and is presumably making overt sexual comments as well and Cook is worried about talking only about things that have been stated in the news?

And why does his comment remind me of what we try and follow here? That unless it has been talked about in the press/news, it should be off limits? I feel weird saying that, but that was my initial reaction...I thought why does that remind me of WS?

I'm only on page two of this thread, and I'm sure this has been addressed, but it certainly looks like MC and TH were savvy to the possibility that LE would be monitoring their cell phones and email and therefore certain subjects couldn't be discussed via electronics and could only be discussed in person.

It sounds like there were some things that had to be hidden from the eyes of LE.

If I was Teri, I would want this to happen asap as then I could see my daughter? Has she even been able to see her baby? Maybe she did this on purpose so Kaine had her out of harms way? who knows with this bunch and is this baby girl being watched by Kaine? any child care at work? i hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila