2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering when he actually filed for the RO and Divorce. Can that all be done in one day? Or was this something in the works last week? Does anyone know or have any speculation?

I would think the dissolution petition has been in the works for a while. Preliminarily, at least. It's theoretically possible that Kaine visited a divorce attorney at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, had dissolution papers completed, then filed before the courthouse closed, but I highly, highly doubt it. Try visiting a divorce attorney this morning and having a divorce filed by this afternoon. That is *extremely* unlikely. The RO, yes. That can be done quickly and on an emergency basis, but divorce papers? I would think they've at least been in the works before 8 a.m. on Monday.

MOO

Wow... this is all just hitting so fast.. I don't know what to make of it.

IN PA... if you want a restraining order (called protection from abuse orders here)
you must PROVE at least 2 different instances of abuse and most of the time either have marks to show the judge or a police report. They're tricky to get and you first get a temporary order... and then both parties go before the judge and he'll hear both sides before granting the order.
So, this is making me think that they have something on her to prove either abuse or that she did in fact do something to Kyron.

I believed she was innocent this whole time... and still not convinced she had anything to do with this.. so it'll be interesting to find out what this whole divorce and RO thing is all about.

You've raised a good point there..why the rush on the divorce papers? Couldn't he have just moved out, put the RO in place, and still protect his daughters safety. Is there a legal reason to need file for divorce at this time. Or was it simply that now that he has seen the evidence LE has he felt compelled to do it.

You've raised a good point there..why the rush on the divorce papers? Couldn't he have just moved out, put the RO in place, and still protect his daughters safety. Is there a legal reason to need file for divorce at this time. Or was it simply that now that he has seen the evidence LE has he felt compelled to do it.

I can only imagine that if I had good reason to believe that the person I was married to had harmed my child I would want to divorce as soon as possible, too. Or it could be for legal reasons, maybe financial so that he isn't responsible for legal bills.

Wow... this is all just hitting so fast.. I don't know what to make of it.

IN PA... if you want a restraining order (called protection from abuse orders here)
you must PROVE at least 2 different instances of abuse and most of the time either have marks to show the judge or a police report. They're tricky to get and you first get a temporary order... and then both parties go before the judge and he'll hear both sides before granting the order.
So, this is making me think that they have something on her to prove either abuse or that she did in fact do something to Kyron.

I believed she was innocent this whole time... and still not convinced she had anything to do with this.. so it'll be interesting to find out what this whole divorce and RO thing is all about.

Idk, could a sealed document from LE stating that she was under suspicion of murder be enough to prove that her child was in danger? Did he get it for both of them or just the baby? I really don't know how it works except that in Oregon you do have to prove abuse or threat of abuse.

if thats true then it would sure be nice if they present it to a criminal court judge and get an arrest warrent.

Maybe they don't have enough to arrest her yet but they want to make sure the baby is safe? Reports are that LE advised him to move away from her. I hope tomorrow brings more information.

Idk, could a sealed document from LE stating that she was under suspicion of murder be enough to prove that her child was in danger? Did he get it for both of them or just the baby? I really don't know how it works except that in Oregon you do have to prove abuse or threat of abuse.

Yeah... like everyone else is saying... I'm thinking that he has something from LE to back him up. When I got my RO against my ex husband.. It was quite a process. I had 4 different police officers and 2 eye witnesses testify and the judge wanted more than that.. I had to have the EMTs who came to assist the year before testify about the abuse that happened in the past. Well, the application itself for the temporary RO asks you for at least 2 different instances of abuse that occurred. They don't just hand them out to people because they're scared of someone or because they feel they need one or because your partner b*tch slapped you once.. The courts don't just separate parents and children for suspicions.
This is really sad too... I truly believed she had nothing to do with this... but they don't just hand out ROs for no reason

Wow. I just heard this on the morning news...I missed it since I was busy reading love letters to Casey Anthony. The news said divorce but not RO (it was just the teaser). The RO really intrigues me. Maybe she failed the second lie detector?...oh it's on right now on GMA.

<<<<snipped article for purpose>>>>
All along, the family had appeared united, supporting Terri in an interview on "The Early Show" Friday. "I believe she's committed as the rest of our family is to finding Kyron," Kaine said at the time.

Kyron's biological parents also issued a new statement Monday - excluding Terri - saying they've been fully briefed on the criminal investigation and support the authorities, adding, "Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron."

But, says Whitaker, their actions have many wondering whether an arrest might be imminent.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/29/earlyshow/main6629305.shtml

Seems something was told to Kyron's parents during this criminal investigation and Kaines move to divorce his wife was in the best interest of Kyron???

This seems to be putting a huge arrow over the head of the stepmom...I do hope whatever becomes of this, Kyron is brought home....

JMHO

<<<<snipped article for purpose>>>>

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/29/earlyshow/main6629305.shtml

Seems something was told to Kyron's parents during this criminal investigation and Kaines move to divorce his wife was in the best interest of Kyron???

This seems to be putting a huge arrow over the head of the stepmom...I do hope whatever becomes of this, Kyron is brought home....

JMHO

I'm thinking it is in the best interest of their baby. I can see LE laying it all out and saying your baby needs to be protected.

I'm just catching up since I last read yesterday morning. WoW is all I can say.

As to the restraining order, all I can think is that Kaine did not expect Terri to take the divorce (especially his taking the baby) news well. Could she possibly have been that blindsided?

What in the world is happening here?

Maybe he is worried about her leaving and taking the baby because LE is turning up the heat? OR, maybe she made a comment about wanting to just pack up and leave and he's afraid of her taking the baby and running?

But then.. it comes back to needing proof for the RO....?

Maybe he is worried about her leaving and taking the baby because LE is turning up the heat? ...(snipped)...

I agree. I think it's possible that her behavior may be getting bizarre/questionable as the scrutiny increases. The family may have suspected her early on but wanted to play it cool to see what happened. If the other shoe does drop, I think they may be afraid of what she might do to those around her, out of desperation or out of fear, or generally just "losing it".

It could also be that if they think they could get info more quickly if she has no more support system in place that is helping her hold it together right now.

I hope she doesn't kill herself. If she is responsible I want answers. I want to know where Kyron is!!

MOO...I have no information that she is suicidal or has a history of suicide attempts. I just know that often times when things are closing in on people legally they commit suicide to avoid the consequences of what they have done. Sorry if someone else already said that, I didn't read the thread in its entirety.

I'm only on page 17, so I appologize if this has already been said. I have a friend who has been involved in domestic violence situations in New Hampshire and here is my experience. Police officers have awarded temporary restraining orders after her boyfriend was arrested for domestic violence. Also, however, at least in New Hampshire... unless the baby has her own RO, KH's doesn't prevent Terri from seeing the baby. They would need to work out some arrangement for visitation, like Grandpa comes and picks up/drops off the baby and communicates between them.

I'm only on page 17, so I appologize if this has already been said. I have a friend who has been involved in domestic violence situations in New Hampshire and here is my experience. Police officers have awarded temporary restraining orders after her boyfriend was arrested for domestic violence. Also, however, at least in New Hampshire... unless the baby has her own RO, KH's doesn't prevent Terri from seeing the baby. They would need to work out some arrangement for visitation, like Grandpa comes and picks up/drops off the baby and communicates between them.

Welcome to WS Laura and thank you for your post!

Ok I just had a thought: it seems to me that it's odd to do something obviously provocative at this stage of the investigation ie file for divorce, and at the same time file a restraining order and 'go'.

I'm thinking this is a profilers strategy to shake her up - take away everything she's protecting with her silence etc ... In order to get her to talk.

I dont think I have anything to add that has not already been said. If this is indicative of a crack in the case, then I hope and pray it brings Kyron home. My heart breaks for all of the children involved in this story and for everyone who has had their lives blown apart by the events of June 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mommysbabies24