2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order thread number 1 right here.

If you want to read starting with the newest post from Midnight you can start here.

Otherwise continue posting. Thank you.

One more thing,

Please keep in mind that your moderators, are here early in the morning until well past midnight. Please make it easy on them today be sticking with our Terms of Service. It is going to be one of those wild days on Websleuths and we can keep the flow going very smoothly as long as everyone stays within TOS. Thanks!

Wondering when he actually filed for the RO and Divorce. Can that all be done in one day? Or was this something in the works last week? Does anyone know or have any speculation?

I have no idea if it was, but there is no reason a simple, routine petition for divorce couldn't be printed off a divorce attorney's computer, prepared and filed with the local court, and served on the opposing party in a day. If the need for a RO was an emergency, until a hearing can occur to decide permanent relief, it was a matter of getting a few minutes of a judges's time.

ATTENTION EVERYONE. This thread is closed. Please continue [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5344359#post5344359"]HERE[/ame]

Thank you!

Wow, I just woke up and found this and I for one, am in shock! I live on the East coast, so didn't hear anything until about a half hour ago. I just can't wrap my mind around another parent responsible for a child gone missing. Another family that looks like it is all normal and wonderful and here we go again. How sad for all involved. I guess I am off the fence.

I'm only on page 17, so I appologize if this has already been said. I have a friend who has been involved in domestic violence situations in New Hampshire and here is my experience. Police officers have awarded temporary restraining orders after her boyfriend was arrested for domestic violence. Also, however, at least in New Hampshire... unless the baby has her own RO, KH's doesn't prevent Terri from seeing the baby. They would need to work out some arrangement for visitation, like Grandpa comes and picks up/drops off the baby and communicates between them.

Typically, the parent who files for the restraining order lists the children as other parties to be protected then indicates what they want the contact/visitation to be between each child and the other parent.

They can also request temporary emergency orders to be put into effect by a judge on the same day, or shortly after, the documents are filed which, if granted, will remain in effect until the hearing date. These can include no contact orders between the child and the parent to be restrained.

In your friend's case, the police department filed for an emergency protective order on her behalf. These generally expire on the date the defendant appears in court to be arraigned during which time the judge issues a permanent protective restraining order.

I just became aware of this news as well. This is a game changer. The wagons seem to be circling ever closer. I can't imagine the heartache of believing a spouse may be the one responsible for the disappearance of their child. Bad enough that these things happen at all...it must feel like the 7th level of Hell for it to be a family member.

Originally Posted by SweetLaura286
I'm only on page 17, so I appologize if this has already been said. I have a friend who has been involved in domestic violence situations in New Hampshire and here is my experience. Police officers have awarded temporary restraining orders after her boyfriend was arrested for domestic violence. Also, however, at least in New Hampshire... unless the baby has her own RO, KH's doesn't prevent Terri from seeing the baby. They would need to work out some arrangement for visitation, like Grandpa comes and picks up/drops off the baby and communicates between them.

The source said the restraining order is a physical restraining order that is meant to protect the couple’s 18-month-old daughter, K..

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97360254.html

I just became aware of this news as well. This is a game changer. The wagons seem to be circling ever closer. I can't imagine the heartache of believing a spouse may be the one responsible for the disappearance of their child. Bad enough that these things happen at all...it must feel like the 7th level of Hell for it to be a family member.

I have not read everything yet, but it must feel like hell for her too IF SHE IS NOT the one.
It is bad enough that little boy is missing. but to have family members doubt each other must be added hell for them all.

this may be a stupid question but, if TH is suicidal and dad thought she may hurt herself and her child could he get a RO under this condition? RO are for protecting yourself from harm and I know she is a bodybuilder, so I guess she is strong psychically, but why RO and divorce? I guess I am in shock here:banghead:

See the divorce filing alone would keep me in that gray area of whether or not she was a possible perpetrator of a crime against Kyron. If Kaine has in fact taken the baby, and TM is alone with her Dad then I have to say on the surface it looks like something has happened to cause Kaine to believe that his family is in danger from her...and that baby is too. :( There is really no other way to look at it.

this may be a stupid question but, if TH is suicidal and dad thought she may hurt herself and her child could he get a RO under this condition? RO are for protecting yourself from harm and I know she is a bodybuilder, so I guess she is strong psychically, but why RO and divorce? I guess I am in shock here:banghead:

Kaine could get a no contact restraining order granted (naming the baby as the protected party) by declaring under penalty of perjury that he believes Terrie murdered Kyron, that he is afraid she may do the same thing to the baby.

With this turn of events, I have a sinking feeling that poor little Kyron's life might not have been as happy as we thought at first. If the SM is responsible for his disappearance, this probably wasn't a sudden thing. She may have been mistreating him for quite some time. My opinion. If she had been a loving SM, I doubt that the dad would be taking the steps he is now, but would be defending her, telling how much she loved Kyron, and supporting her in every way possible. I wish this could have been prevented before it ever happened.

With this turn of events, I have a sinking feeling that poor little Kyron's life might not have been as happy as we thought at first. If the SM is responsible for his disappearance, this probably wasn't a sudden thing. She may have been mistreating him for quite some time. My opinion. If she had been a loving SM, I doubt that the dad would be taking the steps he is now, but would be defending her, telling how much she loved Kyron, and supporting her in every way possible. I wish this could have been prevented before it ever happened.

Since the restraining order case was not filed in juvenile court, all documents are available to the public for viewing.

The declaration of supporting facts which support the reason the restraining order should be granted will be interesting to read.

It will also be interesting to learn if Kaine is also a protected party or if the protective/restraining order is only for the baby.

Funny.

TH is not going to hurt her biological daughter. This was never about her. As far as suicide - TH loves herself too much for that to happen.

I hope this case will prove that one's actions "after the fact" do matter.

Just because I've never had a child that was abducted, doesn't mean that I dont have the common sense to know how I would behave.

So the Kaine had to have heard something in between now and the last presser right????????

I awoke and had a feeling to turn on the TV. I figured I had already missed anything that might have come across about Kyron. I was wrong. I turned it on just in time. I am beyond shocked at the sudden turn of events. Kaine has filed for divorce? Man, that was quick. It does make you wonder what the family dynamics were prior to Kryon going missing.

The RO? That just made me sick. I have not wanted to put blame on the SM. I have not wanted to believe she could be responsible. Now, that seems to be the only conclusion that can be drawn.

So, this leaves me w/ more questions. IF there is enough to make Kaine believe Terri killed Kyron then why has she not been arrested? Has he confronted her wanting to know where his son is? I could just imagine, if I were Kaine, Terri would need a restraining order FROM ME! It would take great restraint to keep me from tearing the woman apart and torturing her until she told me what happened and where my child is!! So, has he confronted her?

With the developments of yesterday, I really hope to hear of some breaks in this case very soon. I have not been able to stop thinking about Kyron since last nights family's statement release.

IF Terri is guilty, she might as well tell the truth. End everyone's suffering, well, at least the part of not knowing what happened and where Kyron is. I'm sure the suffering will not end anytime soon. IF Terri is innocent then this has to be the worst kind of hell on earth.

I wanted so desperately to believe Kyron might still be found alive. I now have no hope left that he will come back home. :cry: :cry: :cry:

ETA: This is just my opinion. I am still praying I am completely wrong!

My divorce and RO were filed in 1 day, here in Oregon.

Wondering when he actually filed for the RO and Divorce. Can that all be done in one day? Or was this something in the works last week? Does anyone know or have any speculation?

I can see the divorce has been filed, but there is no restraining order filed, that I can see. It is rather strange that when doing a statewide search that not everything is pulling up on Kaine (not even this divorce filing). When I do a search by Multnomah County the divorce filing does pull up. Nothing has been added to it, since I posted the info last night. Nothing whatsoever is posted about the RO. Not in any county. I tried pulling up my RO the same ways and it shows up everytime. Unless they still haven't put it in the records, maybe the RO hasn't been filed.

Where is the source for the RO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member