2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone had any doubt that the restraining order did in fact have to do with the investigation, this should spell it out for you.

I can't figure out why LE just continues to spout off "She is not a POI or suspect." It's unbelievably clear she is.

I think they are playing a massive game of "good cop, bad cop" with TMH. Kaine Horman is taking the bad cop role and LE is taking the good cop role.

Actually, the acronym that I am using is Kyron's Half Sister.

And in this situation because his name is Kyron Horman, KH... then there is Kaine and he has a few siblings or siblings in law that are also K...that is why it is so confusing. Everyone wonders if there is a K Horman that has a last name starting with an S that we don't know about. We automatically go to KH being initials in this case.

That's why we just call her Baby K. There is only ONE of those so no confusion.

Mods, could we change this in the reference forum? Or is there only a few of us who see KH and think Kyron Horman?

TH was getting "things together"...what things? Did I miss a report that she was seen packing? Link?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5343480#post5343480"]2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order - Page 20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

starting at post 492

A brief snippet from KOIN Local TV news at noon just now:

The judge will be putting together a process for releasing information about the restraining order - we just don't know how long that process will take.

Okay, I understand that. However, I did not use her initials, just the acronym that is referenced in the Reference Forum for Kyron's Half Sister. It states in the Reference Forum not to even use a minor's initials, so that acronym was established to identify her, as well as the acronym that was established to identify TH's son.

I just didn't recall if we were allowed to even link documents that list the full name and birthdate of a minor child.

Yes, I believe you can link to docs - the only difference is that you must change the full name when you cut and paste, that's all.

I'm up on the acronym debate, I guess. :crazy: I just use "baby K" or "the baby" or "Kyron's sister." I suspect whatever you use is fine as long as people can sense what you mean from the context.

I will find the link and come back and post it. But the judge issued a statement stating not to compromise the investigation. BRB.

And in this situation because his name is Kyron Horman, KH... then there is Kaine and he has a few siblings or siblings in law that are also K...that is why it is so confusing. Everyone wonders if there is a K Horman that has a last name starting with an S that we don't know about. We automatically go to KH being initials in this case.

Mods, could we change this in the reference forum? Or is there only a few of us who see KH and think Kyron Horman?

Since it seems that I am the only one using the acronym that is posted in the reference forum, which I was of the impression that we were supposed to use, I'll just stop referencing her so as to avoid confusion. It just got to me when I saw that she has the same birthdate as my son. It's probably best that I not even mention her anymore.

FWIW, for me, KH = Kaine Horman. Kyron is "just" Kyron to me. It feels disrespectful to me, somehow, to give him an acronym in these circumstances - not sure why. (ETA: Not that I find it disrespectful when others do it, btw - I just can't bring myself so to do, and I can't explain that, exactly.)

I think it is more the media focus...now they will be talking about the divorce which is not important, we need to find Kyron.

I'm sure it wasn't his motivation but this only serves to keep Kyron in the spotlight. There have been no real developments for a while and the story is already fading from people's attention. This will put it right back up there on the evening news and the morning shows.

I doubt any of this was calculated but I told my wife early on in this case that, god forbid, one of our kids should ever disappear, it would be in the kid's best interests for one of us to appear as suspicious/odd as possible, just like the stepmother. Let's face it, without the stepmother and facebook and the gym and now the divorce, Kyron and his story would not have gotten anywhere near as much attention as it has.

FWIW, for me, KH = Kaine Horman. Kyron is "just" Kyron to me. It seems disrespectful, somehow, to give him an acronym in these circumstances - not sure why.

I call him Kyron too. Obviously I'm just a bit nuts for not using initials for everything. :waitasec:

Since it seems that I am the only one using the acronym that is posted in the reference forum, which I was of the impression that we were supposed to use, I'll just stop referencing her so as to avoid confusion. It just got to me when I saw that she has the same birthdate as my son. It's probably best that I not even mention her anymore.

I didn't mean to kick the dead horse into oblivion and get on your nerves, Holly, so no worries.

I've always just been a bit of a tweeked and anal arse. Sorry!

what sort of things do you have to provide to obtain a restraining order? I would think you would have to show proof you were in danger correct?

I am not a lawyer!

However, as I understand it, in my state Temporary Restraining Orders (TROs) are presented to a judge with a sworn statement as to the reasons it is being sought. Judges in my state generally grant these without question.

As soon as the target of the TRO is served, they can file for a hearing, which has to take place pretty quickly; I think it is within three or five days, something like that.

At the hearing, both parties present their evidence and the judge issues a decision. That decision can be to remove the TRO, extend it for a period of time or change the TRO in some way.

If the judge finds that the petitioner (the person who petitioned for the TRO) cannot present evidence to back up their allegations, it ain't pretty. Judges really, really don't like to be manipulated. It's called "abuse of process" and petitioners can actually go to jail for contempt of court.

So the vast majority of lawyers make sure that their clients can present adequate proof at hearing. Because if their client cannot present such proof, it is not unheard of for the judge to take it out on the lawyer as well.

The moral of the story is: don't lie to or try to mess with a judge, they really don't like it and they can make you regret it.

As I said it was not appropriate filling for divorce now.It did totally take the focus off of finding this little boy.Honestly it really made me look into Kane the father more and made me think what were his motives for doing the filling for divorce.This really could of and should have waited.

Seems Desiree, Kyrons mother and Tony, Kyrons step father think it was appropriate. They signed off on the statement, with Kaine. With, IMO, the blessing of LE and the FBI.

wouldn't the person the ro is being filed against have any right to be present/say anything to the judge in their defense?

I'm still getting alerts about posters being rude to each other. This is it.

KNOCK IT OFF!!!

The mods can't be here 24/7 and will be forced to start issuing Tme Outs from now on. If you have a post that is snide or rude I suggest you go back and edit it now.

in OR or any state I guess, is this something I could just walk in to the courthouse and get done today like on my lunch break head over and file for divorce and a RO, or would it take a few days to get it all together?

In my state, you could see a lawyer in the morning and get everything filed by noon. I've read the divorce petition and it's basically just boilerplate with the blanks (address, age, etc) filled in.

People in domestic violence situations often get the divorce and RO petitions filed within a couple hours.

I didn't mean to kick the dead horse into oblivion and get on your nerves, Holly, so no worries.

I've always just been a bit of a tweeked and anal arse. Sorry!

You didn't get on my nerves. I'm just pretty anal and when the reference thing went up with acronyms for everyone, I have tried to follow it to ensure that I wasn't doing any damage by calling people by names/acronyms that were not "allowed". I guess sometimes the "rules" change over time and people create their own rules.

I think I have brought too much to this topic, so this is the last I will say on it, as I hate taking any of the focus away from the topic at hand, which is Kyron. I do apologize for causing confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87