2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is termination of parental rights?

A termination of parental rights is a court order that severs the rights, powers, privileges, immunities, duties, and obligations between a parent and child. A termination of parental rights may be voluntary or involuntary.

It is rights of custody ( if its true) that she gave up. She can later file to have rights again. If she files TPR ( which she did not as that can NOT be done out of the court. She would HAVE to show up in court) then she'll have no right to go back later and file for custody.

TPR is normally dont with adoptions or when the children are in foster care. That is not the case here.

This is not TPR. I've seen a crackhead prostitute living with their six children out of a shopping cart in a subway station not have ALL of her parental rights terminated. Every case is different, but that only happens in VERY extreme cases, ime, and only after many, many, many attempts to avoid it.

It's not what KH requested, either. Plus, TPR on a bio parent would impact support issues. Some bio parents request it to get out of their support obligations, and that is rarely allowed. The only examples I can think of that happening is when a bio parent voluntary gives up parental rights so that the child can legally be adopted by the new spouse of the other bio parent. In that case, I would imagine it's permitted as in the child's best interests. jmoo

I would not be at all surprised if she has left at least one 'nasty litte surprise' for Kaine inside that house. He should definitely replace all the food (including the dry goods in the pantry) and all the toiletries before he moves back in.

Also any OTC meds , cough syrup, anything he gives the baby, Tylonal ect.dispose of anything consumable, I would not trust her any futher than I could spit

Maybe she gave one.

Then you do whatever you can to prove that your timeline is true/accurate, even if it means appealing to the public who may have seen you at a certain place at a certain time. You answer every single question openly and honestly, regardless if the answers are embarrasing. You join your fellow co-parents in pleading for Kyron's safe return. You happily hand over any computers, cell phones, etc. that LE might ask for. In general, you cooperate with LE and your co-parents and pretend that you actually care about this poor child that has gone missing.

I think the trade was: Kaine gets custody and Terri doesn't have to appear in court.

Terri is fighting for her life right now--she will do anything to stay out of court.

What is termination of parental rights?

A termination of parental rights is a court order that severs the rights, powers, privileges, immunities, duties, and obligations between a parent and child. A termination of parental rights may be voluntary or involuntary.

It is rights of custody ( if its true) that she gave up. She can later file to have rights again. If she files TPR ( which she did not as that can NOT be done out of the court. She would HAVE to show up in court) then she'll have no right to go back later and file for custody.

TPR is normally dont with adoptions or when the children are in foster care. That is not the case here.

I am curious about that too 6angels. I was reading last night and I was under the impression she wasn't going to contest (try to get) custody of toddler right now.

I'm not a big fan of hers (meaning I do think she is directly responsible for Kyron's disappearance JMHO) but 1. She hasn't got a job that I've seen reported. 2. She doens't have a place to live that's hers that I've seen reported.

So - IMHO at this time if the above is true, then she is probably going to try to get herself situated before she asks for physical/joint custody or even visitation.

FWIW, I've seen this happen many times within my community. However, the major difference is that there isn't a missing child involved.

As much as I am frustrated about Kyron's disappearance, she still has rights within the laws that govern divorce (about how much money she can expect from the dissolution of her marriage, the custody of toddler..etc.) They aren't impacted by the disappearance of Kyron because she hasn't been arrested, charged and/or convicted. JMHO.

How does one go about proving their innocence? TIA

I would start by telling the truth about everything I knew and helping find Kyron - even if I had to ASK my lawyer to do it for me. The only way I would not talk is if my child's life was in danger.

This is all just my opinion!

No criminal attorney in his/her right mind would allow a client to testify under oath at a civil proceeding directly related to possible future criminal charges for that client. If that means the loss of the client's child and/or home, so be it. Her attorney cannot let her answer questions about two serious situations she may be charged with later - the hit man, and Kyron's disappearance. Those are exactly the same issues at hand in the civil matter and her attorney can't let her answer that stuff now.

She's between a rock and hard place. She knows it, Kaine knows it, and the lawyers know it. She may be absolutely devastated to be out of contact with her daughter for all we know, but her hands are tied until this all blows over. Only then, if she is not charged or is exonerated, can she go fight for custody.

There are no winners here as far as I can see....except baby K gets to go back to her home and her environment...without her Mother...if that is comfort for Baby K... then she's (Baby K) is a winner to me!

Good! Would have been better if she'd leave this evening...but, I guess it's just not in her to cooperate.

For Kaine and baby K....:woohoo:

obviously baby K is better off for now with KH as he's stable and emplyed and has a house.

however my heart breaks for her because she is only little, she must miss her mommy so bad :(

This is disturbing on several levels.

She tried to hire a hit man to kill her husband once already, I don't think that will stop with her; wouldn't be surprised if she isn't just biding her time for her sicko revenge, because what she probably did to Kyron wasn't enough - she still had to screw her husband's buddy. No amount of revenge will ever be enough for her. I hope Kaine will never for the rest of his life let down his guard. I don't think she'll ever stop.

People like that watch, and wait for their opportunities.

The other thing is people are seemingly expendable to her - i.e. the hitman thing and poor Kyron missing. I'd put money on her being pregnant again within the year, if she isn't again already. She'll replace her daughter with another baby asap, and bide her time to get Kaine again in the future. In her eyes now I'd think she sees Kaine as her obstacle, AGAIN, not really seeing the reality that she herself is her obstacle.

Whether she gets locked up or not, I worry for Kaine. According to news articles she's shown that she'll keep going from man to man to find one who will do her evil deeds for her.

New strategy:

Kaine file for termination of parental rights. She will have to testify.

There's been movement in missing spouse cases, ever since the Nancy Cooper case, whereby the parents of the missing spouse apply for custody of the minor children. The cases that I've observed where this was accomplished, the parents getting custody, the living spouse was eventually arrested for the disappearance.

During the NC case, the husband began responding via affidavits, but it only made him look guiltier than he already did. Subsequent cases, the spouse refused to respond and custody was granted by default. But it was the failure to defend themselves that, to me, is important.

This is the first case I"ve observed where it was suspected one of the parents contributed to the child's disappearance and custody was taken away from the other. LOL, ok, this is the first case I've observed where the step parent was cheating, hiring hitman, sexting with someone other than her husband, ...............:mad:

There's a missing child here. IF she would rather leave her child, her home, her husband, OTHER than speaking to LE, I just officially fell off the fence.

I'm sorry. I know she has a right to remain silent. But this goes beyond that issue. There's a missing child here. Where is he?

NOTHING pertaining to TH, IMHO, is as important as finding this child. ANYTHING that she can do to help facilitate recovery of this child, should be the top priority. I don't care what the heck she was doing that morning, UNLESS it was something to do with Kyron. Give LE what they need, PROVE you weren't harming this child.

OMG, forget the cheating, sexting, hiring or not a hitman, forget all of your selfish reasons. Please, please, WHERE IS KYRON?!

How cruel can a person be? Stop holding the hearts and minds of these parents and this community's and tell EVERYTHING you know. NO HOLDS BARRED!

This is what happens when you hit a brick wall with these cases. It doesn't matter if it's a spouse or a child, when there's one person holding up finding the missing, it's beyond frustrating. I just can't even imagine, what these parents are dealing with mentally. Cannot even imagine.

JMHO
fran
:(

Maybe Terri knows she won't be around to parent her baby. I still have an ominous feeling that she may take her own life. Her marriage is over, her children are gone and her reputation ruined. What else does she have to live for?

RSBM

If she could prove to an atty that she had nothing to do with Kyron's diappearance, then why doesn't she prove it to LE already? Heck, I'll pay for her legal defense myself if she can prove that she is innocent.

:waitasec:I thought it was innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Originally Posted by ClueMeIn
New strategy:

Kaine file for termination of parental rights. She will have to testify.

Well no, she could just sign away her rights to avoid taking the stand.

That works too!

all I can say is *sigh*

I do not like this at all. I think there will be some movement in this case over the weekend. And I do not like what I am thinking it will be.

I need to get more smelling salts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member