2010.06.29 -- LE says TH not POI nor suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
""I have to stress that at this point, everybody who has been interviewed says she seems like the model step-parent," said Jane Velez-Mitchell, a television host for Headline News. "That she was very involved with the school and she doesn't have any history of any kind of violence. She has one DUI on her record and this woman, by the way, has a master's degree in education." <snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/24080333/detail.html

*puts on ray gun sheild:angel: *

I don't think her education has anything to do with her ability to commit a crime of this nature. There are some very educated people who are very cold and empty. Just because there is no documented history of violence does not mean there was not one. And the DUI, to me, speaks of an occasional loss of control. The fact that she was involved in the school again, means nothing as far as her mental health goes ( or whatever would put her in such a dark place that she possibly did something to Kyron).

I know people who seem to have the perfect families and then you start to see the cracks.

All MOO.

This almost brings me to tears. I was walking down the street with my little girl (holding her hand) and a car hit her (and almost me) and ran over her and she almost died. I would hate to think my husband felt this way about me. :(

So even if you thought your spouse was telling the truth and she walked him to the hallway, you would still divorce them? My 6 year old HATES for me to walk her to class. I can't imagine she'll even let me when she is older.

Still, i don't think that has anything to do with Kaine filing for divorce, he seems smart enough to know that, if it were random marital problems, this is a terrible time to make a decision like that, kwim?

I am terribly sorry this tragedy occurred in your life but that's how I really feel. I just could not get over it. I couldn't.

I don't really think that rationale is really that out there, it's just unpleasant. Many marriages don't survive when a child dies of natural causes.

I am still one.

I have been pondering this one. If something, Gods forbid, happened to my child, and, I learned that my spouse was cheating, there is no way I would want him with me through it. I mean if LE gave me proof. The person I would trust most, or should trust most betrayed me, he would be gone. And I would do whatever it took to keep him away from me and my other kids. What an awful thing, you have child missing, and learn your spouse is unfaithful. Maybe you had doubts before, maybe not. But for it to come out in the investigation would be too much for me.

MOO

All fine and dandy, except there is a restraining order to protect the child. You can't just get one on a whim. There has to be serious reason to believe that the baby is in some kind of danger.

In my opinion, LE does not want another Melinda Duckett, they want to find Kyron. And from the recent events in case, I bet she and her lies are starting to unravel. I believe Kaine started to connect the dots and with the help of law enforcement decided to get out before something happened....at the same time not naming TH a POI because they don't have any evidence to arrest her just yet, and they don't know what crime she has acutally committed here. Personally, I am hoping they are keeping a close eye on her so that she doesn't do anything and take the mystery of what happened to Kyron with her...like MD did. I hope they can take her in soon.

There is no evidence required for the restaining order at the time it is ordered. It is based on his word and his word only. He does not even need to state any abuse, just that he was afraid she would hurt the baby or him. That fear is continuing.

He only has to provide "evidence" of abuse if she contests the restraining order. Then the Judge will "hear" the case and his evidence to decide if the restraining order is warranted.

http://www.oregon.gov/OJD/docs/OSCA...010FAPAUpdate/Packet1/InstrucsOBTAIN-3-10.pdf

In divorce cases, it is quite common to get these types of restraining orders for immediate custody of both the children and the family residence. Until we read the actual restraining order, we have no idea what it means. If he did not attach any evidence to the restraining order, then we only know what he says, not that it is necessarily true.

IMO, most likely this restraining order is based on her emotional state because of Kyron missing/investigation. In a nutshell, he is afraid or knows that she is incapable of taking care of herself which makes her incapable of taking care of an 18 month old baby and puts the baby in harm's way.

BBM Very good point! An additional thought that I have, is her potentially putting KHS in harm's way when she opened the door and came out to speak with reporters. To me, she is clearly not thinking clearly. What would possess her to open the door to a reporter and then come out, allow her toddler daughter to come out and potentially be exposed to something, even as little as the reporter asking questions about Kyron's disappearance?

I am terribly sorry this tragedy occurred in your life but that's how I really feel. I just could not get over it. I couldn't.

I don't really think that rationale is really that out there, it's just unpleasant. Many marriages don't survive when a child dies of natural causes.

Well, yes, that's true. But a RO as well, THREE weeks after? No, probably not. He is quite sure of her guilt.

As I said last night, theres the damn elephant in the room again, FOR THE SAKE OF ALL SAIN PEOPLE, IT WALKS LIKE A DUCK, QUACKS LIKE A DUCK, ITS A DARN DUCK, we are not stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, filing for divorce at this stage can only mean Kaine has strong reason to believe Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance.

Let's pretend we know for a fact Terri had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, would Kaine really be filing for divorce at this point in time :waitasec:

No matter what Kaine has learned as a result of this investigation, IMO the only logical reason for him to file for divorce is because of the evidence against Terri. Anything else could be handled at a later date.

I have the same feelings. The family has repeatedly said they do not want to do anything to draw the attention away from the search for Kyron. Nor do they want to say or do anything that may damage the case.

By KH filing for divorce and filing for a RO, that is introducing more areas of focus and speculation that are not directly related to Kyron and his search.

In my opinion, filing for divorce would be the last thing on my mind if my child were missing unless I had reason to believe that my spouse was involved. I could understand the RO for baby K. It could be for many reasons. It could be a way for KH to protect his daughter and also keep her from being taken by the state. It could be one of many many things. Together, I think KH probably wanted us to read between the lines that he no longer is supporting his wife. Of course, that is all just my opinion.

Speculation on suicidal tendency -

I would agree with anyone who thinks that Terri is not the type to choose suicide.

The way LE has decided to play her, to carefully keep her from lawyering-up - I think they immediately profiled her as a narcissist.

Narcissists don't off themselves.

This struck me when her father expressed concerned about her ruined reputation in the People story. To me, that's a funny thing to worry about at a time like this.

It's kind of ... well ...

narcissistic.

There are many cases where LE named a POI/suspect and they were arrested for the crime. There are also many cases where LE did NOT name a POI/suspect and the perp. was eventually arrested.

But, which cases are there where LE said the perp was NOT a POI/suspect and then they were later arrested for the crime?

TIA!! :blowkiss:

Sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said Monday night her office is "not talking about personal issues going on with the Hormans." She said Terri Horman is neither a person of interest nor a suspect.

(snip)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/29/ap/national/main6628859.shtml

Why would LE let a family use their official website to issue a statement for personal issues. And a statement that talks about the investigation throughout.

IMO, that statement reads like a joint effort from LE and the family.

Regardless of what I may believe about the SM.....there is plenty of responsibility for what may have happened to Kyron during his lifetime to be laid on the backs of his dad and bio-mom. BOTH of them chose to leave nearly all of the responsibility for the care and raising of this child to TH! Maybe she did something to contribute to what happened, maybe nothing at all. Either way, I find it hard to absolve the PARENTS of the child from any guilt when BOTH of them chose not to be the primary caregiver for their own child. BOTH of them chose TH as a friend, caretaker, and full time responsible party for THEIR child. --------as always, JMO.

I totally and completely agree. I have sat here for days wondering why the BIO mom never took responsibility for her little boy until now. I hate to be judgmental, but I can't imagine having a little boy and not having him with me when I was capable of caring for him. Also, if there were problems with Kyron and SM, the bio father should have sensed that before he went missing instead of after. MOO

There are many cases where LE named a POI/suspect and they were arrested for the crime. There are also many cases where LE did NOT name a POI/suspect and the perp. was eventually arrested.

But, which cases are there where LE said the perp was NOT a POI/suspect and then they were later arrested for the crime?

TIA!! :blowkiss:

granted it was 16 years ago and im trying to forget it intentionally, but wasnt oj said to not be a suspect/poi for the 5 days before he was busted?

I often believe in cases such as this LE says nothing because they have nothing. Three weeks have gone by with the world no closer to finding Kyron. It's possible the stress of Kyron's disappearance caused the breakdown of an already shaky marriage (speculation). There are a lot of marriages barely getting by these days. I'd imagine having a missing child could either make or break a couple.

If LE states TH is not a POI or suspect then I will take them for their word. I too remember Jacqueline Dawolloby and the Riley Fox cases. I believe LE has been diligent in investigating the family first and foremost.

Continued prayers for Kyron and his family. I have a seven year old so this case is exceptionally difficult for me not to become emotional over. Come home, little guy. The world waits and prays for you.

I don't think it's right to mentally convict someone of a crime, and potentially destroy their entire lives based on hunches and guesses. I know I'm not perfect and I do it sometimes, human nature? But I still haven't seen any evidence in this case the proves she is guilty. There were far too many people in that school that day for me to believe it was TH. It was a chaotic day full of science fair projects to keep people distracted. If someone was there to nab a child, they would know how to nab a child. How many parents/others even entered the classroom right after TH left? How hard would it be for another parent or teacher to ask Kyron out of the classroom? 'Hey could you help me?' would be enough for most kids to be happy to help.

I'm focusing my prayer and energy to LE to catch the criminal but god only knows who that is.

Why would TH bring her child to school just to make him disappear off the face of the planet. Parents don't generally do it that way. It's usually abuse, sometimes the abuse gets too heated, sometimes the parents just snap in the heat of the moment. I don't see often that parents will make an elaborate scheme to steal their own babies at a school with everyone that knows them there.

I feel it's either someone who knows the school well enough to slip out a kid unnoticed and feels that the school is like their home (School staff), but really only god knows at this point what happened. It could be anyone, I am not denying that. But it just seems so slim that it could be TH.

I'm glad the LE at least said she isn't a suspect. It's good to keep an open mind to catch the sob who did this.

I totally and completely agree. I have sat here for days wondering why the BIO mom never took responsibility for her little boy until now. I hate to be judgmental, but I can't imagine having a little boy and not having him with me when I was capable of caring for him. Also, if there were problems with Kyron and SM, the bio father should have sensed that before he went missing instead of after. MOO

IMO - It could be that the deceptive web spun by Terri around those closest to her happened slowly and insidiously. Even those closest to the situation can't always see it until there is a crisis event. Particularly if they were not focusing on Terri, but were focused on work, home and children.

i think desiree and kaine will be asking themselves the same thing for the rest of there lives.

i dont feel the need to pile on :(

I am sick and tired of this politically correct carp that Law Enforcement has to put up with due to attorneys and the litigation they pursue.

I have not seen any such thing confirmed about the SM's education. It would be surprising to me if she has 6/7 years of college education.

It is no surprise and it should be applauded that the baby was removed from her care. They must be concerned for the child's welfare if terri has emotional problems. Her parents may be there to keep her company and help move the investigation forward.

Darn shame in the other case that they couldn't get little jr out of a bad environment and possible dangerous situation when that occured. The three people left in this case are behaving the way they should. It is normal to be suspicious of the last person to see your child. I see no other reason for filing both papers unless he was/is concerned about his daughter's safety. God bless Kyron.

I am sitting on a fence right now.

Yes, all behavior (NOT evidence) points to Terri's guilt. Meaning that the actions of the statement by Tony, Desiree & Kaine without Terri and the filing of the divorce & RO papers does give the appearance that Terri is guilty as sin and they know it.

However, that doesn't prove that Terri is guilty. It just doesn't.

There hasn't been major worry that she's mentally unstable or has post-partum depression up until yesterday. And really, if she had PPD, then there would have been signs of it before Kyron disappeared. PPD doesn't show up at 18 months post-partum. A woman is not considered to BE post-partum 18 months after having a baby, so IF Terri has a form of depression, it's NOT of the post-partum variety. Also, having PPD is not a reason to divorce someone or file a RO against them. There is a huge difference between PPD & post-partum psychosis. I do not believe Terri is psychotic because no action has been taken to get her psychological help and IF she were psychotic, I feel confident LE would have stepped in already.

I do not agree that since Kaine filed for divorce, that automatically means that he found out something about Terri that points to her absolute guilt. If LE had arrested her yesterday or this morning, I would have agreed, but since they haven't arrested her but HAVE released another statement that she is not their suspect, I have to wonder if there is some other motive for Kaine to have filed divorce when he did.

Is there any chance that the statement released by the 3 parents is NOT connected to the divorce filing? Is there any chance that Kaine chose the timing of when to file? Is there any chance that Kaine wanted to deflect attention from himself for some reason? With this one act, he has managed to get public opinion firmly in his corner. People online are feeling sorry for him and assuming that his filing is proof positive that Terri is a complete monster.

As was brought up yesterday by a new poster, Kaine was served with a RO by Desiree when her oldest son was 7 years old, Kaine hooked up with Terri when her oldest son was 7 years old, and now Kyron went missing when he was 7 years old. Maybe that's just coincidence, but it's an interesting coincidence, especially in light of Kaine's family dynamics/history (ie: his brother). Maybe instead of Terri being a monster murderess, Kaine is a master manipulator. Or maybe both characterizations are true. Or maybe neither.

I guess my point is that I don't believe Terri has been proven guilty. No one outside of those directly involved in the case knows if she failed a polygraph. No one knows if her timeline given for how she spent her time on June 4th has been proven false. No one knows the reasons why Kaine filed for divorce or the RO. So I personally am trying to withhold jumping to what *seems* like obvious conclusions until there are some solid facts to back up the jumping.

JMO.

i dont think anything is obvious about this case.

thats why the stress of not knowing what is going on is killing me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back