2010.06.30 Andrea Lyon is off the Dream Team! She quits!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There WAS a plea deal on the table BEFORE the discovery of Caylee's remains. Casey (and/or) JB refused to bite.

Currently there is NO PLEA DEAL on the table from the SA. Therefore, unless the defense gets humble and requests one, there will be no deal. Even if they request one, it does not mean the SA will agree.

(I know there is an email from LDB to JB regarding this, but darn if I know where to find it right now.)

http://www.wesh.com/news/17366272/detail.html
Anthony Immunity Deal Expires; Search Continues
George Anthony Visits Orange Co. Sheriff's Office
POSTED: 7:45 am EDT September 2, 2008
ORLANDO, Fla. -- It's been seven weeks since Caylee Anthony, 3, was reported missing in a series of frantic phone calls to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The girl's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, had until 9 a.m. Tuesday to accept an offer of limited immunity to help investigators in the case. Officials with the State Attorney's Office said she did not accept the offer and it has now expired.

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0829/17335521.pdf
LDB email here

Thanks for that Beach.

If you find that link, could you post it. I will look again for the hearing where JA stated that no plea was ever offered.

This might be a bit OT but I appreciate getting this fact straightened out.

May 11, 2010 Hearing
http://www.wesh.com/news/23545821/detail.html

Casey Developments: Phantom Plea

POSTED: 4:53 pm EDT May 13, 2010

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton made a major revelation in court on Tuesday.[May 11, 2010]

"We were accused of seeking the death penalty because the defendant wouldn't accept some phantom plea," Ashton said.

For the first time, with the words "phantom plea," prosecutors denied they had offered Casey Anthony a deal if she would plead guilty to the death of her daughter.

What all of my hours of listening to lectures and reading articles tells me..... AL sees things through. She does not quit. She is tenacious, passionate and has a goal. TO SAVE A LIFE!

If, in her mind........KC's life will be spared , her work is done. IMO....Either she is aware of some sort of "plea"in the works......or she feels 100% confident that all of the info that the mitigation efforts uncovered will save KC from the DP and that she will receive a lesser sentence.

That is just my impression of what would make sense in her mind.

I lean more toward believing that what the mitigation work has uncovered makes her almost sure of a sentence less than death.

It is one of those its me or Cheney.... but one of us is leaving... type of deals. That defense table is not big enough for both of them, figurativelly and literally.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17366272/detail.html
Anthony Immunity Deal Expires; Search Continues
George Anthony Visits Orange Co. Sheriff's Office
POSTED: 7:45 am EDT September 2, 2008
ORLANDO, Fla. -- It's been seven weeks since Caylee Anthony, 3, was reported missing in a series of frantic phone calls to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The girl's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, had until 9 a.m. Tuesday to accept an offer of limited immunity to help investigators in the case. Officials with the State Attorney's Office said she did not accept the offer and it has now expired.

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0829/17335521.pdf
LDB email here

BBM (for Jomo!)

ThinkTank, you are like the master speed search machine!! :bowdown:

:blowkiss:

I remember Judge Perry telling the Defense to use local P.I.s in whatever out-of-state locales they were doing their investigating or research.
To use local P.I.s in the Orlando area who Mason and JB are familiar with.

But Mort is the only one CA trusts!!

Could be she was pressured to quit by the dark and powerful forces that have framed KC. :banghead: :crazy:

I think the defense team should be JB and JB only. It all started with him....shielding her out of jail....and it should end with him... He is the only one who has stuck with her throughout...he can't hold a team together. He is her only hope.

CASEYNOTE-1.jpg

Wonder how CA will spin this. And who wants to guess how long it will take her to spin it to the media?

My guess is she is writing it as I type this and BC won't have a clue. CA will no doubt tear into JB now more than ever. And I don't think AL will even blink an eye or pick up a pen to help JB and crew now.

Does anyone think the revolving door of defense attorney's and other personnel open a door for ineffective assistance of counsel? Possibly an appellate issue for an attorney having depart because of financial reasons?

I sure hope not!

An attorney, any attorney on any case, cannot just leave a case whenever they want to.
They must have good cause, and must ask a Judge to withdraw, and must get permission from the Judge to withdraw. No judge will allow an attorney to leave a case if it would prove too detrimental to the client's case.
Judge Perry offered GLOWING recommendations of death penalty qualified attorney Mason at one of the recent Hearings. I believe the Judge is confident that Mason can handle it.

There WAS a plea deal on the table BEFORE the discovery of Caylee's remains. Casey (and/or) JB refused to bite.

Currently there is NO PLEA DEAL on the table from the SA. Therefore, unless the defense gets humble and requests one, there will be no deal. Even if they request one, it does not mean the SA will agree.

(I know there is an email from LDB to JB regarding this, but darn if I know where to find it right now.)

Well, there is also the possibility that between now and trial time, SA does engage in conversation and eventual offer of plea to defense in order to avoid trial but insure conviction...no?

I think the defense team should be JB and JB only. It all started with him....shielding her out of jail....and it should end with him... He is the only one who has stuck with her throughout...he can't hold a team together. He is her only hope.

[Video projected from cell block R2D2 on wall]

"Obe-wan-k-JB you are my only hope, help me Obe-wan-k-JB", Princess KC

May 11, 2010 Hearing
http://www.wesh.com/news/23545821/detail.html

Casey Developments: Phantom Plea

POSTED: 4:53 pm EDT May 13, 2010

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton made a major revelation in court on Tuesday.[May 11, 2010]

"We were accused of seeking the death penalty because the defendant wouldn't accept some phantom plea," Ashton said.

For the first time, with the words "phantom plea," prosecutors denied they had offered Casey Anthony a deal if she would plead guilty to the death of her daughter.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :rocker:
You Rock! Thanks!

I love it when we bring it all together. Partial immunity offer, no previous plea deal, no pending plea deal, no exclusion of a future plea deal, AL out of the picture...never a dull moment here!

Once again, my mouth has dropped wide open and it's not even Friday afternoon yet....

In the May 6, 2010 JAC Budget Hearing, Judge Perry said about Mason's qualifications as a death qualified attorney: (when asked for JAC funding for a jury consultant - which was flatly DENIED)

Judge: Baez you have co counsel Cheny Mason, practicing law for more years than willing to admit, picked numerous juries, numerous high profile cases, recognized most preeminent criminal defense attys in this nation, Judge over one 1st degree murder trial where Mason went to Leon county to pick jury.
Jury consultants not fundamental right under due process clause.

The Sentinel updated their story, looks like Mortimer stays on:

"A good chunk of the work she was doing was completed," Baez said. He added that Mason "has taken on a lot of her responsibilities."

Another long-time attorney with the team, Linda Kenney Baden, also remains. Also, Lyon's private investigator, Mortimer Smith, will remain with the team, Baez said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-anthony-andrea-lyon-20100630,0,2682343.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back