2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True ... however ... any person from anywhere in the world can make a public records request of any court clerk (corrections institution). You do not have to be a resident of the State of Florida to make a public records request of any court clerk in Florida. The request can be made by mail. The requester's name and address would then become public info as well, though.

Exactly!
I should have specified that he wouldn't be able to run down to the Orange County clerks office tomorrow morning and have it scanned in for us.
He spoils us rotten! ;)

Yup...she was looking at missing children sites in the year leading up to Caylee's murder:

"Digging through Casey's Internet history, Eyewitness News discovered evidence she was surfing missing children web sites months before Caylee disappeared. She visited one more than a year ago. Ironically, now Caylee's picture takes center stage on that same site."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17567178/detail.html
The brilliant JWG and BJB have found that is in fact a myth. I believe it's on the "Myth Busters" thread. The news got it wrong. Lots of computer explanations given somewhere on the forum.

Yup...she was looking at missing children sites in the year leading up to Caylee's murder:

"Digging through Casey's Internet history, Eyewitness News discovered evidence she was surfing missing children web sites months before Caylee disappeared. She visited one more than a year ago. Ironically, now Caylee's picture takes center stage on that same site."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17567178/detail.html

The brilliant JWG and BJB have found that is in fact a myth. I believe it's on the "Myth Busters" thread. The news got it wrong. Lots of computer explanations given somewhere on the forum.

Thanks RR0004! [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411077&postcount=24"]Here is the post.[/ame]

Richard's blog regarding this motion is a must-read. He breaks it down and explains the issues very well with links for backup. Thank you Mr. Hornsby!

I thought his last two sentences were very interesting:

"Ironically though, even if Ninth Judicial Circuit Chief Judge Perry were to throw Jose Baez a bone and grant him some relief, Judge Perry does not have jurisdiction over the Lowell County Annex located in Marion County of the Fifth Judicial Circuit.

Thus a public records request there would require the Lowell County Annex to release any phone calls of Robin J. Lunceford from May of 2010. (hint, hint)"

Since ANYONE can make this public records request, from anywhere in the world ... I wonder why Mr. RH does not make the request himself and obtain the phone recordings (as he did with other phone recordings which he had WS volunteers listen to and transcribe for him)???

Since ANYONE can make this public records request, from anywhere in the world ... I wonder why Mr. RH does not make the request himself and obtain the phone recordings (as he did with other phone recordings which he had WS volunteers listen to and transcribe for him)???

Maybe his "hint, hint" was for Baez, something like "I'm coming for ya."

'Beach...you shortened your name! I like it!!

Thank you!!!
veil.gif

Regarding the records request for calls from Robin Lundsford: this call apparently did not originate from Lunceford. We do not know who made the initial phone call, nor do we know whether the original caller even is or was an inmate at Lowell. Could this be tracked down with any certainty? JMHO

Exclusive: Casey witnesses ready to lie?

Robin Lunceford talks only to News 13 By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Sunday, July 18, 2010 9:53 PM ORLANDO --
It’s News 13 exclusive in the Case against Casey Anthony.

A state prison inmate claimed she can turn the whole case upside down.

The roommate of one of Casey's prison pen pals claims witnesses for the prosecution are prepared to lie on the stand.

Robin Lunceford said she knows the truth and she's getting ready to tell Casey's lawyers what she's telling News 13.

“She was my very good friend. We confided in each other,” said Prison inmate Robin Lunceford.

Lunceford did time with Maya Derkovic, one of Casey's former pen pals from the Orange County Jail.
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/july/124153/Exclusive:-Casey-witnesses-ready-to-lie

Monday at 6 p.m., only on News 13.

Seems this is airing tonight. Baez is fighting a loosing battle wanting that allegedly illegally taped conversation he had with RL....she is already talking to the press...Ah, ain't life grand...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Exclusive: Casey witnesses ready to lie?

Robin Lunceford talks only to News 13 By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Sunday, July 18, 2010 9:53 PM ORLANDO --
It’s News 13 exclusive in the Case against Casey Anthony.

A state prison inmate claimed she can turn the whole case upside down.

The roommate of one of Casey's prison pen pals claims witnesses for the prosecution are prepared to lie on the stand.

Robin Lunceford said she knows the truth and she's getting ready to tell Casey's lawyers what she's telling News 13.

“She was my very good friend. We confided in each other,” said Prison inmate Robin Lunceford.

Lunceford did time with Maya Derkovic, one of Casey's former pen pals from the Orange County Jail.
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/july/124153/Exclusive:-Casey-witnesses-ready-to-lie

Monday at 6 p.m., only on News 13.

Seems this is airing tonight. Baez is fighting a loosing battle wanting that allegedly illegally taped conversation he had with RL....she is already talking to the press...Ah, ain't life grand...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I would like to know why this news station has not obtained the telephone recording between JB and Inmate Robin L and aired that???
I would like to know why the reporter who talked with Inmate Robin L. in prison, has not asked her about the VIOLATIONS of law and prison rules which she committed in making the 3-way/forwarded phone call to JB?
Why is this news station promoting the statements of this LIFE, career criminal, in order to help the Defense get her questionable testimony (which will never be heard by jurors in the Anthony murder trial) out to potential jurors?

Regarding the records request for calls from Robin Lundsford: this call apparently did not originate from Lunceford. We do not know who made the initial phone call, nor do we know whether the original caller even is or was an inmate at Lowell. Could this be tracked down with any certainty? JMHO

The public does not know who the ex-Inmate is who made the initial call to JB to set up the call from Inmate Robin L. that followed - but the law enforcement agencies, the prison and JB know who that person is.

The original caller allowed themselves to be the go-between for a 3-way/forwarded call from Inmate Robin L in the Lowell prison (for life), to JB. This was stated in JB's Motion to seal the phone call.

I would like to know why this news station has not obtained the telephone recording between JB and Inmate Robin L and aired that???
I would like to know why the reporter who talked with Inmate Robin L. in prison, has not asked her about the VIOLATIONS of law and prison rules which she committed in making the 3-way/forwarded phone call to JB?
Why is this news station promoting the statements of this LIFE, career criminal, in order to help the Defense get her questionable testimony (which will never be heard by jurors in the Anthony murder trial) out to potential jurors?

They may have and it hasn't been aired yet or their may have been rules about the interview. JMO

I've read RHornsby's post about the Lunceford phone call.

Still laughing.....

:poke:

:floorlaugh:

I don't think the call can be released yet because it's part of an ongoing investigation. I hope they wrap it up soonest!

Thought you guys might find this informative. I posted this question on Richard Hornsby's blog:

Richard, gotta question -
Maybe I am misunderstanding, I was thinking there may be 2 reasons it could not be released yet. 1) I thought this was still an ongoing investigation in re. Robin Lunceford abusing phone privileges at the prison (therefore nothing would be released yet) and 2) Since Baez has filed a motion for it to be sealed and HHJP has not yet ruled, I thought it would be ‘held’ until he issued his ruling. Am I misunderstanding? If so, please enlighten me.

His explanation:
The only reason that Baez knew it was going to be released is because LDB told him, so there is no longer an ongoing investigation privilege. And even that privilege is subject to Law Enforcement’s discretion.

And yes, LDB is holding off on releasing the recording until she gets Perry’s okay. But that is just as a courtesy, she is not required to.

Thought you guys might find this informative. I posted this question on Richard Hornsby's blog:

His explanation:

Could you possibly ask RH why he has not requested the recording yet?
Remember when he got all those jail phone call recordings of the other Inmates and published them, and asked WS members to help him listen to them and transcribe what was said?

The public does not know who the ex-Inmate is who made the initial call to JB to set up the call from Inmate Robin L. that followed - but the law enforcement agencies, the prison and JB know who that person is.

The original caller allowed themselves to be the go-between for a 3-way/forwarded call from Inmate Robin L in the Lowell prison (for life), to JB. This was stated in JB's Motion to seal the phone call.

I am just now trying to play catchup on this phone call bit, so this question may possibly make absolutely no sense....

But do we know exactly WHEN this phone call took place, and was the guard who was eventually fired for assisting KC and Maya in the letter exchanges still around? Did I read recently that she part of her termination was for asking Baez for a business card to pass along to an inmate?

Any chance we are still talking about same person...or do I need to go back to reading?! :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member