2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
clears throat...humf...um...clears throat....(as only foghorn can do)

So, does anyone have any idea when we can expect a ruling...or another hearing?

(I have been down a few days, due to a miscarriage, and am bored)

Mamabear, I'm so sorry for your loss, my prayers to you. :hug:

The SAO turned over the recording yesterday and stated that they will file their response no later than Monday. The next hearing is a scheduled status hearing on 8/30/2010. I don't know if a hearing will be held for this issue or not.

I don't give any inmates as much credibility as I do non incarcerated folks. That said, I am unsure if I believe Inmate Maya and the other one (whose name I forget). I do know that of the three I have heard from so far, Inmate Lundsford is the LEAST credible to me. The fact that she keeps popping up and inserting herself into case after case is distasteful and telling to me. Maya, I tend to give her statement a tad bit (but only a tad bit) more weight.

She knows right from wrong and turned her own self in for the murder she participated in. From what I understand, police hadn't even connected her to the crime yet. This tells me she has a conscience and quite possibly a heart.

This lundsford chick is all about getting a little extra attention and trying to wrangle some advantage for herself. Zero credibility in my book.

What kills me here, just freaking KILLS ME, is that brilliant Baez gets on the phone with a prolific jail snitch and apparently doesn't censor himself...Baez! You KNEW who you were talking to! And you didn't think it might come out? You didn't think to watch what you were saying to a manipulative CRIMINAL? And now the judge probably has that tape. OMG, I just can't get over the rampant stupidity here! *facepalm*

I mean, jeez, anyone who has ever seen a crime show, even the fake ones, KNOWS NOT TO DO THAT! I'm really starting to think that all of Baez's common sense is long gone. Just because you don't worry about what you say to Casey in your private conversations does NOT mean that you treat all criminals the same way! Did he go to one of those law schools by mail? Or did he pull his law degree out of a cereal box?

I also agree a doc dump may be coming because you can't make this stuff up and it usually happens right before one! I hope Muzikman is on standy, lol.
:clap::clap::clap:

I agree with all you have said and will add my :twocents:

Usually when someone calls a law firm the receptionists will ask who is calling and what the call pertains to. Since Robin L. is in prison would this call to Baez's office would of been a collect call IMO. And if so, the receptionist would of had to get authorization to take the call.

If it was not collect, there is still a recording that states the person's name and facility right? So the receptionist would had to tell Baez, hey you got Robin from so and so prison on the line calling regarding blah blah I would assume. So Baez had to know IMO he was being recorded and is just playing the dumb card so that the call is sealed. IMO

I also wonder if Baez was expecting a call from Robin. And if so, then he sure would not be able to claim that he did not know it was recorded. I also would like to know how long Baez and Company have been dealing with Robin, because if they had talked to her prior to this call then they already knew she was in prison for a long time and if Baez took a call from her "HE KNEW IT WAS COMING FROM A PRISON AND IT WAS BEING RECORDED". There really is no way out of this IMO, he knew and is lying....hope his lies catch up with him!

The phone conversation MIGHT go like this; (Fictionalized Account)

Transferring Person: JB I've got prisoner Lunceford on the phone for you.
JB: Hey Robin what's up.
RL: I've decided to accept your offer.
JB: What offer, I'd never make an offer to a prisoner.
RL: Relax, I skirted the recording process.
JB: Don't scare me like that. (Audible sound of brow wiping.)
RL: I heard that the stories about KC are BS. Her father never molested her.
JB: NO! You heard that the stories about her using chloroform on Caylee were made up!!
RL: Sorry, sorry I get confused sometimes. Do you know how many stories I've had to keep straight over the years?!
JB: That's ok, try it again.
RL: I heard that the stories of KC using k...kalarefirm? on...
JB: Chloroform!! Chlor-O-form!!
RL: Ka-lor-O- firm.
JB: No, NO! NO!! It's ChlorOform!!
RL: Ok dumbass you just cost yourself double what I want you to give my boyfriend.
JB: I'm sorry, sorry, but it's Chlor-O-form.
RL: Don't forget double!! The stories about her using Khlor-A-farm are BS.
JB: Good enough.
Automated voice: The prisoner has three minutes left on this call!!
JB: OH :censored:!!!!!!!!! Diane?! is that you??!! I think another call took over this one. Uh, uh... Diane. How'd this call get to me. I WAS SURE I WAS TALKING TO DIANE AND NOT ROBIN. ROBIN'S IN PRISON AND THAT WOULD BE WRONG!!

That's a fictionalized account and not the actual call!!!

Good one Steely! I'd love to see the look on his face when he heard that recorded message from the prison!!
Automated voice: The prisoner has three minutes left on this call!!
smileymsncomsupersmileypj82.gif

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=8218

Who is Robin Lunceford and can she save Casey Anthony? (video)

According to Lunceford, the accounts given regarding how Casey Anthony reacted to the news that Caylee’s body was found was false. She says that Casey was emotional yet they described her as indifferent. Lunceford also claims that Maya Derkovic lied when she said that Casey Anthony described having a hard relationship with her mother and that Cindy Anthony showed more affection to Caylee than Casey.

This woman sounds as if she is telling the truth to me. Oh yeah! I believe every word she says.

(Do we have a sarcastic smilie on here? If we do insert that smilie here!)

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree with all you have said and will add my :twocents:

Usually when someone calls a law firm the receptionists will ask who is calling and what the call pertains to. Since Robin L. is in prison would this call to Baez's office would of been a collect call IMO. And if so, the receptionist would of had to get authorization to take the call.

If it was not collect, there is still a recording that states the person's name and facility right? So the receptionist would had to tell Baez, hey you got Robin from so and so prison on the line calling regarding blah blah I would assume. So Baez had to know IMO he was being recorded and is just playing the dumb card so that the call is sealed. IMO

I also wonder if Baez was expecting a call from Robin. And if so, then he sure would not be able to claim that he did not know it was recorded. I also would like to know how long Baez and Company have been dealing with Robin, because if they had talked to her prior to this call then they already knew she was in prison for a long time and if Baez took a call from her "HE KNEW IT WAS COMING FROM A PRISON AND IT WAS BEING RECORDED". There really is no way out of this IMO, he knew and is lying....hope his lies catch up with him!

Have you read RHornsby's latest blog on the subject? He addresses the Secretary claim made by Baez....
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-phone-call-20100716,0,4788696.story

In his motion, Baez said he received a call from someone in May who said she was an ex-inmate at Lowell Correctional Institution, and that she has a friend who has conspired with a woman named Maya Derkovic to create a lie about Casey Anthony — whom she knew from the Orange County Jail.

Later that same day, his secretary said an inmate named Robin Lunceford was trying to reach him. The call was transferred to his cell phone, and Baez said he engaged in a conversation with "the prospective witness." In his motion, Baez said he learned the call was from a correctional institution, but he "was never made aware that the call was being recorded ..."

If a person doesn't know he or she is being recorded, it may be considered an illegal recording. In his filing, Baez said that not all calls coming from prisons are recorded, suggesting that some might even come from "contraband cell phones."

Huh? :waitasec: Mr Baez thought she may be calling from a contraband cell phone (a clear violation of the rules) and still he talked with her? Really?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-phone-call-20100716,0,4788696.story

In his motion, Baez said he received a call from someone in May who said she was an ex-inmate at Lowell Correctional Institution, and that she has a friend who has conspired with a woman named Maya Derkovic to create a lie about Casey Anthony — whom she knew from the Orange County Jail.

Later that same day, his secretary said an inmate named Robin Lunceford was trying to reach him. The call was transferred to his cell phone, and Baez said he engaged in a conversation with "the prospective witness." In his motion, Baez said he learned the call was from a correctional institution, but he "was never made aware that the call was being recorded ..."

If a person doesn't know he or she is being recorded, it may be considered an illegal recording. In his filing, Baez said that not all calls coming from prisons are recorded, suggesting that some might even come from "contraband cell phones."

Huh? :waitasec: Mr Baez thought she may be calling from a contraband cell phone (a clear violation of the rules) and still he talked with her? Really?

The only calls that are not recorded is from inmates to their own Attorneys.
He should know that.

I thought I heard at the end of the hearing that LDB didn't plan on using any of those interviews with those inmates. <respectfully snipped>
I thought the prosecutors made it pretty clear at the hearing on the defendant's motion to throw out the death penalty that they intend to argue that Caylee was smothered with several pieces of duct tape while Caylee's hands were restrained with a separate piece of duct tape. Consciously suffocating is a much worse way to die than peaceful chloroform poisoning.

So I can see why LDB wouldn't introduce dubious evidence of Casey bragging about having chloroformed Caylee. To the contrary, if Casey could prove that Caylee died without enduring horrific suffering then that might save Casey from the death penalty.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

Judge P. told Baez to Notice the institutions (the prison where Robin L. is held) about a Hearing on the matter of releasing the audio tape, or not. I believe the prison will ask the Judge to seal it (for now) because they are still in the middle of a criminal investigation. The prison would not give WFTV a copy of the audio tape for that reason.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24288435/detail.html
excerpts:
"State corrections couldn't give WFTV details because of an ongoing criminal investigation."

Judge P. told Baez to Notice the institutions (the prison where Robin L. is held) about a Hearing on the matter of releasing the audio tape, or not. I believe the prison will ask the Judge to seal it (for now) because they are still in the middle of a criminal investigation. The prison would not give WFTV a copy of the audio tape for that reason.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24288435/detail.html
excerpts:
"State corrections couldn't give WFTV details because of an ongoing criminal investigation."

Prisons just spoil all the fun, don't they? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

There was more than one call. Someone called to inform JB that Lunceford was trying to contact him and would call again. Unclear to me who it was. I read one report that said an ex-inmate called and another that said she or the person.

If this all was recorded as part of an ongoing investigation, that would explain more than one recording.

There was more than one call. Someone called to inform JB that Lunceford was trying to contact him and would call again. Unclear to me who it was. I read one report that said an ex-inmate called and another that said she or the person.

If this all was recorded as part of an ongoing investigation, that would explain more than one recording.

Right, that's what I understood also. But, the EX-inmate would have called JB first, from their home or somewhere outside of a prison, so that call was most likely not recorded -- not recorded by a prison.

A series of calls would make sense, as there would be a need to clarify....and usually when you make first contact with anyone over something important it's just a introduction call with detailed calls made later. This is going to be fun.

Unless, as part of this phone scam, that phone was already under scrutiny (as I suspect). I think someone (not to mention any names JB) is busted.

Right, that's what I understood also. But, the EX-inmate would have called JB first, from their home or somewhere outside of a prison, so that call was most likely not recorded -- not recorded by a prison.

Oh but JBs cell phone records would have those little ditty of incoming/outgoing call records. Now that would be interesting to see exactly how many phone calls JB was accepting regarding these ex-inmates and currently housed inmates.

Oh...... ignorance is not bliss in JBs case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895