2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO he was hoping it was illegally NOT recorded--i.e., by the inmate circumventing the recording requirement. So he is requesting that the judge prevent disclosure of the call because, unbeknownst to him, the inmate was following the rules of the jail and making a normal, recorded phone call instead of an illegal, unrecorded phone call.

Wait. What? How could he not know the call was recorded? All calls are recorded. Isn't there a message that tells you it's a recorded line when you get a call from an inmate? He's not Lunceford's lawyer, so there wouldn't be attorney-client communications!

Just Amazing how clueless this guy seems to be. Tanya Harding probably thinks this guy is an idiot.

Gosh those silly inmates following the rules. :crazy:

JB would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for that dog and those meddling kids.

:floorlaugh:

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. JB didn't want HHJP to listen...

Looking forward to a chess game in May 2011. Check...Mate...:croc:

Chess game? Unless the prosecutor ties half their brain behind their back to make it fair, it's not gonna be much of a chess game. JMO. :crazy:

I cannot believe he's still working for KC after his second gaff. Don't you think it would hit her or anyone in the family that it might be better to go with someone else? Anyone else?

The brilliant JWG and BJB have found that is in fact a myth. I believe it's on the "Myth Busters" thread. The news got it wrong. Lots of computer explanations given somewhere on the forum.

I just want to second that "The brilliant JWG and BJB" wow are they ever. They are Websleuths!!!! When I first started reading here I was thoroughly impressed with the pair of them, and that is ongoing.

Just Amazing how clueless this guy seems to be. Tanya Harding probably thinks this guy is an idiot.

Chess game? Unless the prosecutor ties half their brain behind their back to make it fair, it's not gonna be much of a chess game. JMO. :crazy:

I cannot believe he's still working for KC after his second gaff. Don't you think it would hit her or anyone in the family that it might be better to go with someone else? Anyone else?

Well, KC only knows what reality JB chooses to let her see or hear or read and with his spin on it-especially now that AL has left Camp KC. And all this GA investigating and RL phonecalls might be with KC's blessing! KC prolly thinks her "boys" are really gonna walk her outta there! They are all believing each other's BS!! :waitasec:
I think they are stuck with each other to the bitter end - unless JB gets pulled off the case by his own misdeeds.:loser:
Cindy may not care for JB-however, I think, she believes that he is trying his best (alright stop laughing
laughing5.gif
) to get her princess back home.
And, don't forget, they have blown the wad they made from the photos-so this crew is
Broke.gif
!! I can't imagine any other lawyer trying to pick up the wreckage of the defense. What's the old saying about turning a sow's ear into a silk purse? Can't be done!!:snooty:

Hi Prudence. I believe that Robin Lunsford is an inmate in Lowell Correctional Institute in Ocala. So, that's the institution that Baez should notice. That is if he remembers to do so.
Cheers

:Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june:

JBs response to Judge listening to tape:

"Man I should have worn my Depends today"

Okay..so more like the grandmaster chess player from Russia...vs...a chimp (though the chimp might have a better chance)

Between the HHJP and SA team...JB and CM are toast...as well as their client.

CM was right, this is becoming a circus of a trial...and he is now in center ring.

In an odd twist, prosecutors obtained a copy of Lunceford's recorded call from prison with Baez and they plan to release it as discovery evidence. In an effort to block that from happening, Baez filed a motion for protective order claiming he didn't know the inmate's call to him was recorded.

"I think it's going to be more embarassment for Jose Baez because I have a feeling he said some things to Robin Lunceford he probably regrets saying in a recorded conversation," Hornsby said.

In a 2005 Miami Herald article, Lunceford was called the most prolific informant in the the Miami-Dade jail. The article said Lunceford offered information against at least four murder defendants.
http://www.wesh.com/news/24314458/detail.html

Jailed Informants Spark Legal Debate
The American Bar Association Wants To Curb The Controversial Practice Of Using Jailhouse Informants, Fearing It Could Lead To Wrongful Convictions

http://www.november.org/stayinfo/breaking3/JailSnitches.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...iver-nears-trial-on-murder-charge-183304.html

The above two links are about RL and her involvement, she is dubbed the most prolific informant in Miami-Dade...

What kills me here, just freaking KILLS ME, is that brilliant Baez gets on the phone with a prolific jail snitch and apparently doesn't censor himself...Baez! You KNEW who you were talking to! And you didn't think it might come out? You didn't think to watch what you were saying to a manipulative CRIMINAL? And now the judge probably has that tape. OMG, I just can't get over the rampant stupidity here! *facepalm*

I mean, jeez, anyone who has ever seen a crime show, even the fake ones, KNOWS NOT TO DO THAT! I'm really starting to think that all of Baez's common sense is long gone. Just because you don't worry about what you say to Casey in your private conversations does NOT mean that you treat all criminals the same way! Did he go to one of those law schools by mail? Or did he pull his law degree out of a cereal box?

I also agree a doc dump may be coming because you can't make this stuff up and it usually happens right before one! I hope Muzikman is on standy, lol.

I get a feeling this is going to be fun :woohoo: for us and humiliating for Baez..

Betcha JB goes to ER with more "tummy troubles." LOL! :crazy:

Wouldn't you love to know what Judge Strickland is thinking of all this? :innocent:

I bet HHJS just loves all those pretty colors on the rainbow he is sitting on! :)

I always thought that while the Defense had us all thinking they were stuck in limbo, they were actually playing the game ..... limbo. JB and the A's chant, "How Low Can you Go" and then each side proceeds to go even lower. A whole new standard has been set.....

attachment.php

Attachments

• limboking001-small.jpg
    limboking001-small.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 231
What kills me here, just freaking KILLS ME, is that brilliant Baez gets on the phone with a prolific jail snitch and apparently doesn't censor himself...Baez! You KNEW who you were talking to! And you didn't think it might come out? You didn't think to watch what you were saying to a manipulative CRIMINAL? And now the judge probably has that tape. OMG, I just can't get over the rampant stupidity here! *facepalm*

I mean, jeez, anyone who has ever seen a crime show, even the fake ones, KNOWS NOT TO DO THAT! I'm really starting to think that all of Baez's common sense is long gone. Just because you don't worry about what you say to Casey in your private conversations does NOT mean that you treat all criminals the same way! Did he go to one of those law schools by mail? Or did he pull his law degree out of a cereal box?

I also agree a doc dump may be coming because you can't make this stuff up and it usually happens right before one! I hope Muzikman is on standy, lol.

Maybe he's really trying to do enough idiotic things to get fired and he can be free of this circus ?

Wouldn't you love to know what Judge Strickland is thinking of all this? :innocent:

I bet HHJP is going to call him right after he listens to the tape and say, "Stan, you will not believe what that Baez did now..."

I bet HHJS gets at least one of these calls a week, and praises God every time that he got away from this circus. lol.

Okay..so more like the grandmaster chess player from Russia...vs...a chimp (though the chimp might have a better chance)

Between the HHJP and SA team...JB and CM are toast...as well as their client.

CM was right, this is becoming a circus of a trial...and he is now in center ring.

The-Champion-Chimps-Pepe--1954-MirrorPix-87305.jpg

Maybe he's really trying to do enough idiotic things to get fired and he can be free of this circus ?

Fired or disbarred! He's been making his ethics attorney work overtime with all these bar complaints and damage control. How ironic, I bet most of the money JB collected had to get spent on his own legal bills or did that billed as a Casey expense, "the cost of defending her"? The money had to go somewhere, it could not all have been blown on investigating dead ends could it? For all the money spent, so far the defense has little to show for it.

What also annoyed me with this one is how jb equated this to LDB arguement about that other phone call with whats his name Jordan?----Yeah right.....

Casey Anthony judge asking to review recorded call
.The Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The judge in the case of a Florida mother charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter has ordered the state to give him a copy of a recorded prison call Casey Anthony's attorney had with another inmate.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry ordered Tuesday that he be allowed to review the recording privately. The recording between inmate Robin Lunceford and Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, has not been made public.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/20/1738953/casey-anthony-judge-asking-to.html#ixzz0uKFJi99Z

What also annoyed me with this one is how jb equated this to LDB arguement about that other phone call with whats his name Jordan?----Yeah right.....

BaezlaughsaboutInmaterecordingfelon.jpg

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/cayleecross/?start=920

Hearing July 15, 2010
Baez is laughing hard over his own "joke" about JB not wanting State Atty Burdick to be arrested if she commits a third degree felony if she listens to the recorded telephone call between Baez and an Inmate who called him. Baez compares it to the genuinely illegally recorded audio tape of Joe J. with the Defense private investigator. He thought he was very funny with that comment. Wonder if JB is laughing now that Judge P. is going to listen to the tape?

Part 9 of wftv videos
http://www.wftv.com/video/24283126/index.html

If you google Robin L's name, this lady has a loooooong history with the legal system. I can't believe that KC's defense team would call her as any kind of witness.

I think Mr Baez wants to use the threat of Robin L's testimony to prevent the SA from calling Maya D and her damaging testimony about the rag over Caylee's mouth. Mr Baez doesn't want that info to ever see the light of day at trial. Robin L is all he has to counter those statements.

If you google Robin L's name, this lady has a loooooong history with the legal system. I can't believe that KC's defense team would call her as any kind of witness.

I think Mr Baez wants to use the threat of Robin L's testimony to prevent the SA from calling Maya D and her damaging testimony about the rag over Caylee's mouth. Mr Baez doesn't want that info to ever see the light of day at trial. Robin L is all he has to counter those statements.

BBM

It's funny cuz it's true!!

It appears that the SAO has turned over the recording to HHJP:

Murder Docket Updated:

07/21/2010 Notice of Provision of Recording Under Seal for in Camera Inspection Re: Telephone Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member