2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO he was hoping it was illegally NOT recorded--i.e., by the inmate circumventing the recording requirement. So he is requesting that the judge prevent disclosure of the call because, unbeknownst to him, the inmate was following the rules of the jail and making a normal, recorded phone call instead of an illegal, unrecorded phone call.

Ahhh, "The irony is rich. Indeed." :)

It is my understanding that the only reason JB got caught at all is because unbeknownst to HIM, RL was already under investigation for abusing prison phone privileges and the whole thing was a legal wiretap. OUCH!

haha! omg....talk about irony. tooo funny!

Well, this is fun. :) My personal speculation is that the person JB least wanted to hear that tape was HHJP. Now JB loses even if he wins....

Remind me never to play chess with HHJP.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. JB didn't want HHJP to listen...

Looking forward to a chess game in May 2011. Check...Mate...:croc:

I'd like us all to pause for a moment while I remind each and every one of you WITS out there that this is a serious case involving the death of an innocent child.

The defendant is presumed not guilty and has the right to a rigorous, focused and intelligent defense.
The Defense deserves our respect and patience.........bwhahaaaaaaa! Oh what the heck!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Thanks for the comedic relief - we all know just how serious this case is!

IMO he was hoping it was illegally NOT recorded--i.e., by the inmate circumventing the recording requirement. So he is requesting that the judge prevent disclosure of the call because, unbeknownst to him, the inmate was following the rules of the jail and making a normal, recorded phone call instead of an illegal, unrecorded phone call.

Wouldn't you love to know what Judge Strickland is thinking of all this? :innocent:

That pretty much sums it up.
The Inmate was violating the law though by making a 3rd party/forwarded call to someone who was not on her authorized calling list. The Inmate did not make a direct call from the State prison to Baez. She got a 3rd party ex-inmate to help her go around the jail rules for using the phone. Baez was just hoping the Inmate was sneaky enough to not get caught.

Wait. What? How could he not know the call was recorded? All calls are recorded. Isn't there a message that tells you it's a recorded line when you get a call from an inmate? He's not Lunceford's lawyer, so there wouldn't be attorney-client communications!

Have a look at Hornsby's blog about this forwarded call.
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

It is a hoot! :dance:

That pretty much sums it up.
The Inmate was violating the law though by making a 3rd party/forwarded call to someone who was not on her authorized calling list. The Inmate did not make a direct call from the State prison to Baez. She got a 3rd party ex-inmate to help her go around the jail rules for using the phone. Baez was just hoping the Inmate was sneaky enough to not get caught.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the tape starts out like this <FICTION ALERT>:

RL: "Hi JB this is RL from the prison."
JB: "This call isn't being recorded, is it?"
RL: "No, do you think I'm stupid? I never follow the stupid jail rules."
JB: "Oh good, me neither."

They'll have to rent a storage unit to store his Bar complaints pretty soon lol.

The tally so far ..... (that we/the public know about)

BAR COMPLAINTS

1 - about his history posted on his website (false advertising) Sept 2008 - May 2009
go through diversion - ad classes - not serious reprimand
2 - Dominic Casey - not got paid, told not to call LE if found Caylee - filed April 2009
FL Bar said he broke no rules about pmt Sept 2009
3 - Judge Strickland - passed on a complaint about Baez about Dominic allegations
WFTV article says May 2009
4 - Shannon Stoy - how defense being paid - Bar said he broke no rules Sept 2009
filed complaint in Feb - 7 months to complete complaint
5 - Conway or Anthonys? - how defense is funded [KC wrote this in letter to Inmate]
6 - Tony Padilla - fake contract? Aug 2009
7 - Diane Fanning book says complaint about Todd Black making derogatory comments about Prosecutors (Jan 2009) - also says complaint by Judge about DC not call LE if found Caylee
WFTV article says same thing about derogatory comments
8 - Jan 2009 - somebody read news about Baez touching - filed complaint

Gosh those silly inmates following the rules. :crazy:

JB would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for that dog and those meddling kids.
:croc::slap: Hey, no blaming Scooby Doo now!

Ohhhh toooo FUNNY!!!!!

RL: yeah, I got my girl on the outside that helps me forward calls to people not on my authorized list.
Been doing it a long time .... the prison staff are too stupid to catch me at it!

Next thing you know ICA will be calling in the HS show to schedule her radio and peep show interview...MOO

We'll see when the tape is released, but I'm not so sure that is really a fictional version. ;)

Sounds pretty darn close to what I am expecting. lol

When oh when will I learn not to be drinking when I am outside reading Websleuths on my IPad. .... my poor puppies just had a half full glass of ice coffee "dropped" on them.

And of all people it was AZs post that has me snorting in laughter.

Thanks!!!!!!

I know that the Defense (JB) has to have a rebuttal in his rebuttal library for all these 100's of pieces of circumstantial evidence against KC but I don't see the SA using the insider testimony at trial. I don't think they need it and the cost versus the benefit isn't there IMO.

It'd be funny though if more and more circumstantial evidence is surfacing and given some credence simply to run the Defense ragged chasing their tails. There are bigger fish to fry than this ..... right?

I visualize JB playing a large game of "Whack-a-Mole" with loads of moles. JB do you have all of those bases covered yet? No? ..... here are some more!! Done reading all that discovery yet? ...... here are a few thousand more pages. JB is barely treading water and quickly going under.

Here is a thought ............. plea deal.

Yes, he dislikes him intensely, with good reason. He is an embarrassment (JB) to his profession.

He is an embarrassment to all of us...to mankind...to the human race...to...oh nevermind...he just is...

JBs response to Judge listening to tape:

"Man I should have worn my Depends today"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members