2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny coinky dink....Olivia has a FB friend named "DORA". I am in no way implying that they have anything to do AT ALL with KC's case...just wonder if this case may have possibly...in a"backward kind of way" inspired anyone(s)?????

Please DO NOT link FB or name FB friends by full names or discuss friends. They have not been named in anything associated with KC.

Olivia was released and deserves her privacy as we have seen NOTHING officially linking her to KC's case.

I am NOT suggesting that there is an association...but rather pondering if this case may have been an "inspiration". There is a HUGE difference. Can I be anymore clear??? Likely no.... heehee

Now that I've read the whole thread I can respond to these things you have posted.
I totally see the whole picture. You are awesome sleutherontheside.
I have always wondered how Casey made up such things on the fly like she did.
Thank you for posting these things.

I would hope that if not immediately JB would be able to figure out pretty quickly that he was receiving a call from someone in jail. Heck isn't receiving calls from someone in jail a major element of his business? One would think that he would be familiar with a few of the key elements of doing so?

Like what's your name, address, and phone number would be a tip off.

You know just like JK the ex wife of RK inmate RL should go into the junk pile, and be deleted. It's a waste of time, and a waste of Florida taxpayer dollars. Lets' get to the nitty gritty of the case, and stop with all these motions. How about a motion to move the trial up to 2010.

I would love to write a letter to JB, and say is this what you got? A telephone call from an inmate that has a history of contacting attorneys and inserting herself in their cases stating she heard the convo between ICA, and MD was all made up. Come on give us something JB or stop robbing the good people of Florida of their hard earned dollars, and plead out your client. JMO

....Why didn't JB ever notify the State Atty that he had this info - reciprocal discovery and all?
JB is always whining that the State Atty does not give him info when they have it -- he knew about this call back in MAY.
...I wonder if there are any violations of FL Rules of Criminal Procedure in not notifying the Prosecutors that he had this info?

(abbreviated by me)

well, the defense are only now getting some discovery from back in 2008, so....

OT possibly - but I couldn't resist re-posting this statement:

"I wouldn't be doing (Casey Anthony) a proper service for what is probably going to go down today," Baez said. "We have a court system set up for this and that is what we are going to utilize the system for -- for a search for the truth and nothing more."

Baez urged the media to ask the tough the questions.

"I sincerely believe when we have finally spoken, everyone -- and I mean everyone -- will sit back and say, 'Now I understand and that explains it.'"

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17718544/detail.html

(abbreviated by me)

A lot of the discovery is duplicated by the various agencies working on the evidence, reports have to be written, etc. , I am speaking in general terms.

What are your specifically referring to?

Some funny coinkydink statements in a case that Robin was was a jail snitch about....

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-06-15/news/fl-miami-mom-lollipops-trial-20100614_1_baby-lollipops-murder-ana-maria-cardona-baby-sitter

But Cardona's defense attorney, Edith Georgi, insisted Cardona allowed the boy to be given to an unknown baby sitter.

She could not have killed him because she was not with him during those last months of his life.''

After the body was discovered, Gonzalez whisked Cardona and her two children to the Orlando area for a supposed trip to Walt Disney World that turned into an extended stay

whose emaciated and badly beaten body clad in a lollipop-adorned T-shirt was discovered by a Florida Power & Light Co. crew.

Food for thought.

the similarities really are strange, even down to the name Lazaro.
So this Gz got out of jail in Jan 2008?
Doesn't match the supposed description (at least the age) of KC's ZFG, or the way GA and CA said they'd been told ZFG looks (like a "10" etc)... but still. The similarities are strange.
That case is heartbreaking.
Well, food for thought for sure.
Did it really say the child's body was found by a Florida Power & Light Co. employee?

A lot of the discovery is duplicated by the various agencies working on the evidence, reports have to be written, etc. , I am speaking in general terms.

What are your specifically referring to?

someone said how could the defense "whine" about not getting discovery in a timely matter, but then not have come forward with this back in May? (reciprocal discovery etc.)
So I was just pointing out how the defense just recently received one witness interview from 2008, mixed in that 5000 page doc dump, and they were still waiting for the OCSD or state to hand over some of the tips documents from 2008. So just since May is not really very long by comparison. If they were to be really reciprocal, they could wait one or two years to share discovery I guess.

That Gz - Cordona case having those similarities is strange. Thanks so much to those of you who posted it, and thanks for the thread.

“Her and Maya Derkovic had concocted the story so that Maya could try and get a transfer,” Baez said.

Mr. Baez, shouldn't that be "She and Maya Derkovic..."? :smile:

So JB thinks the release of that telephone call is somehow a felony? We already know JB isn't up to speed on jailhouse rules (no touching the prisoner, no sharing licorice sticks with the prisoners, no exchanging notes between the prisoner and her family, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera). Why do we think JB would know prison rules? :crazy: And Casey has placed her life in his hands. Brave girl.

Thanks for the link.

(abbreviated by me)

...not anything subject to the Sunshine Laws if I'm not mistaken...that's been pretty much available in real time.

Exactly!
That's why JB talked about it at the Hearing, for the CAMERAS.
If the recording gets sealed, like JB wants it to be ... at least he got the part OUT to the public, which he wants potential jurors to hear - that they should disregard Inmate Maya's testimony about Inmate Anthony saying she gave her daughter chloroform.
I would think...and may be wrong...that the SA won't be using this inmate info (Maya's) at trial time. They have a strong enough case IMO and don't need to rely on "questionable" inmate testimony. I don't put much stock in Maya's info...nothing really to back it up. However, the letters (to Robyn) in Casey's own handwriting hold much more weight. I think that's really worrying Baez. How he could possibly NOT know he was being recorded is just plain st*pid...IMO.

someone said how could the defense "whine" about not getting discovery in a timely matter, but then not have come forward with this back in May? (reciprocal discovery etc.)
So I was just pointing out how the defense just recently received one witness interview from 2008, mixed in that 5000 page doc dump, and they were still waiting for the OCSD or state to hand over some of the tips documents from 2008. So just since May is not really very long by comparison. If they were to be really reciprocal, they could wait one or two years to share discovery I guess.

Forgive me if I misremember, but that witness interview had already been released last year and JB could have had the tips whenever he was prepared to pay for them.

Why would Maya D. want to be transferred to Lowell, a place that is much more horrid than Orange county? That doesn't make any sense.

And it's not like the girl was asking for a deal. She seemed grateful to get 30yrs as opposed to LWOP or DP.

RR my friend! For the first time I disagree with you. I thought Maya seemed very credible.
I do agree with you though that the SA probably wont use her testimony. There's much more damning evidence.

the similarities really are strange, even down to the name Lazaro.
So this Gz got out of jail in Jan 2008?
Doesn't match the supposed description (at least the age) of KC's ZFG, or the way GA and CA said they'd been told ZFG looks (like a "10" etc)... but still. The similarities are strange.
That case is heartbreaking.
Well, food for thought for sure.
Did it really say the child's body was found by a Florida Power & Light Co. employee?

If you believe KC was responsible for Caylee's death then KC's description of ZFG sounds more like KC herself than anyone else, different height and weight but otherwise she could have been describing herself...... And in her jailhouse letters KC states she does not think Zany had anything to do with what happened to Caylee....so this means another invisible person is out there. jmo

I think Baez's secretary may have forgotten to tell him the call was being recorded.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :crazy:

07/15/2010 Defense Motion For Protective Order for Phone Call of Robin Lunceford
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4721155...ctive-Order-for-Phone-Call-of-Robin-Lunceford

TYVM, MM..priceless...

But..it's not illegal since this call came from a correctional institution, it's policy...even if he didn't 'hear', this call is from LCC and is being recorded..just because he didn't know, wouldn't make it illegal! JMHO

(below is all paraphrased, not direct quote from documents...)
#6..He points out that ADA LDB informed Baez that she will be releasing the recording through discovery....paraphrased..
(Didn't LDB state, she hasn't heard the recording, so how can she release something she hasn't heard or have in her possession???? she doesn't know what he's talking about???)

#7...Baez is trying to state, work product doctrine, again states it was illegally recorded!

#8...that the state not listen to this illegal recording reminding them it would be a 3rd class felony? When a call is intercepted (by wire or oral)no part of contents that no evidence derived therefrom shall be received as evidence for trial, grand jury....(see document above for content)

This motion just seems so contradictory, to me anyway...IDK what the hell is he doing???

Seems to me, Baez always seems to do things backwards. I wonder how he feels that he's that pot who calls this kettle black....He's done the same with the JJ tape, yet he now balks at this one for it involves him and how he didn't raise this immediately when it happened, not two months after the fact..What in the world is he doing????

Am I wrong? Shouldn't he have raised this immediately, not two months after the fact??? What impact can this have if any, on ICA's trial???

Justice for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member