2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for posting this. Here we go again - time for bed - and new news coming out. Now I have to stay up...

LOL ain't that the truth.

At least I'm a night worker and can't sleep most nights I'm off (like tonight :( )

LOL

I don't know how many of you remember the brouhaha over what Kaine wore to court to file for the RO -- shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, etc.

There was talk here on WS ranging from criticism about him being so casual, to comments that maybe he didn't have lots of clothing choices because he'd just quickly vacated his home that weekend with Baby K after being informed about the MFH issue.

At the time, I posted about the laissez faire attire attitude that tends to prevail here in Portland, even when it comes to heading out for the courthouse. :doh:

And now, we have the backpacks in court issue!

So, another Portland peccadillo for non-locals:

The number of backpacks carried anywhere in PDX is approximately equal to the pairs of Birkenstocks (worn with socks), along with Bermuda shorts (donned at any temperature above 32 degrees), Starbucks coffee containers, and :Bicicleta: :Bicicleta: :Bicicleta:

I think PDXers have more backpacks than umbrellas!
Even at the courthouse...

Sorry if this is too OT.
I just needed to laugh and share a bit.

And hoodies. OMG the hoodies ....

KATU is reporting yet another property being searched. They are suppose to have more @ 11. Any locals on that can catch it?

http://twitter.com/anitakissee

Hi darlin gal & all --

I'll be watching the local news at 11:00 and can DVR what I'm not watching for any additional details. (This has become an almost nightly habit with this case.)

I'm finding that Channel 6 (KOIN) www.koinlocal6.com/
keeps up better, IMO, than the other local channels -- both TV and online.

LOL

I don't know how many of you remember the brouhaha over what Kaine wore to court to file for the RO -- shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, etc.

There was talk here on WS ranging from criticism about him being so casual, to comments that maybe he didn't have lots of clothing choices because he'd just quickly vacated his home that weekend with Baby K after being informed about the MFH issue.

At the time, I posted about the laissez faire attire attitude that tends to prevail here in Portland, even when it comes to heading out for the courthouse. :doh:

The number of backpacks carried anywhere in PDX is approximately equal to the pairs of Birkenstocks (worn with socks), along with Bermuda shorts (donned at any temperature above 32 degrees), Starbucks coffee containers, and :Bicicleta: :Bicicleta: :Bicicleta:

Sorry if this is too OT.
bbm
somewhat geocentric - the rest of the world wonders if people in Portland even own full length mirrors - singularly the least groomed group in america

Since the DA, Mike Schrunk says, "we have certainly tried cases before without bodies" I am going to assume he means homicide, perhaps manslaughter, but gonna guess he means either/or in the death of a missing person. IMO....

Anna from KATU - Is it possible to make an arrest without finding Kyron?

Multnomah County DA Mike Schrunk - Oh certainly, we've tried cases without bodies before. But let's not talk like that...that's kind of...you know, I'm still hoping we find him."

This gave me the impression that he does not want to talk about him being dead... that he still hopes they find him alive. When he said "I'm still hoping we find him" he even looked like he was emotional and trying not to cry.

I like the DA too.

KGW says Kaine Horman "confirmed he appeared before the grand jury."

I remember that case and the absolute weirdo who was eventually convicted...yikes.

People lie all the time, to LE, even when they have no good reason. I lied to an officer when I was pulled over once, told him I had to get right home due to a bowel issue-it was more embarrassing to me to say that , than to admit to speeding, and it wasn't even true, yet still, I lied for no reason. And I am not someone who lies as a rule, but the sight of the red flashing lights and the officer walking up to my car made my heart pound and I panicked. I can't even imagine what I might come out with up if I was being questioned about a missing child and had been doing something stupid or embarrassing at the time I needed an alibi. (Granted, I would have told the truth long before now, but still...people lie.)

did it get you out of the ticket?

The prosecutor would never hold a grand jury if he/she didn't think the case should be brought for trial. A grand jury is implemented for the exact reason of making sure no one is a "scape goat".

The grand jury is a bit looser than a trial when it comes to questioning and the person being questioned does NOT have the luxury of asking their attornies for advise, but they still must answer. Many times attornies will advise their clients to plead the 5th immediately, and continue on that vein until the grand jury gives up and dismisses them.

It has been said that grand juries would indict a ham sandwich, which tells me their threshold isn't as high, and since we have KH, DY & TY all going in
today we can expect an arrest of TH soon. Hopefully we will get enough info to not put her in the scape goat category.

What happened to the news @ 11? I don't see anything about a property being searched...

LOL

Sorry if this is too OT.

thank you for sharing, because it helped me to finally clue in as to what PDX meant ... well, I still don't know what precisely each letter stands for but at least I now know it means Portlanders ... right? LOL

O/T mostly (& hi ;)) Portland has a bumper sticker... "Keep Portland Weird"
Trust me, it fits.
I love it here.

What happened to the news @ 11? I don't see anything about a property being searched...

Me neither. I missed pieces of it (KATU and my computer have a very volatile relationship) but I only saw what is in this article. http://www.katu.com/news/local/99801789.html

KGW had more.... saying that Kaine confirmed that he had appeared before the grand jury. Though I didn't catch how that confirmation occurred.

I will be interested to see if KH and DY give another press conference this Friday. They probably got to find out if the GJ is about Kyron or the MFH plot, or a combo of both. IMO, if there isn't an arrest, they will be very
frustrated, more than we saw last Friday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89
Back