2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One thing we know is that LE isn't sharing their evidence with us. We simply don't know what evidence they are actually working with. Even the cell pings and LDT failures are based on Terri's words as told by Kaine, Desiree and Tony. So IF LE is focusing on Terri in the GJ, they have a lot more evidence than we know about.
BBM

The first report of the cell phone pings was on June 17th in The Wilamette Week. and cited sources within LE.

"This information comes from five separate law-enforcement officials from agencies at the city, county and federal level. To our knowledge, none is directly involved with the investigation.

But several said they’ve heard the same or similar accounts from multiple officials in the law-enforcement community. All agreed that Terri Moulton Horman has become a main focus of police attention because of problems with her story.

Four of the sources say they’ve heard Horman’s story doesn’t jibe with her cell-phone records from June 4."

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

To my knowledge this is the only information about the investigation that the media has attributed directly to LE - as opposed to "sources close to the investigation." My guess is that this leak, early in the investigation, motivatied LE to clamp down hard on potential leakers within the rank and file.

It's not relevant to this thread ... but I'm a hopeless stickler for accuracy.

O/T

I'm a girl. Woman. Lady...take your pick.:woohoo:

Maybe I should update my profile.:waitasec:

Yeah, like maybe change to "Goatgirl" or somethin'. You know, so we know.

Let's not. :D

Kimster, just want to clarify that I was kidding about this! Tongue in cheek, totally.

<Lol.
I'd rather start a thread titled:
I tried to carry a "********" into the courthouse today.
Has anyone experienced the same body cavity search in response??? >

Security equipment in use in the Courthouse includes magnetometers (walk-through metal detectors), x-ray scanners, and hand held metal detectors. If you have a pacemaker, tell the security officer about it before you enter the metal detector. The sheriff’s staff do physical pat-downs on persons with pace makers. The security screening process creates long lines of people waiting to enter the courthouse during peak hours. The closer to 8 AM you arrive for jury service, the longer the line will be to clear security.
http://www.oregon.gov/Multnomah/General_Info/Jury_Service/Courthouse_Security.page

This has me thinking, did they have an 'expedited' line for TY, DY, KH? Did they have to wait w/ everyone else or was there a 'backdoor'' entrance? Do we have any idea who else has been called?

LOL

I'm sorry. :innocent:

No problem! it was my fault. My nick is masculine.

Do you (all, collectively) think that LE has advised Tony and Desiree and Kaine that they are asking for a murder indictment, if they are?

At some point, soon, LE will have to convince them that he is not alive, if that is the route they plan to take. They have to have the parents on board; they can't have them on the stand insisting he is "stashed" someplace. :(

I don't know if LE would tell them those words, but I'm guessing by DY was told things to that effect. She was the most emotional and openly crying etc and Kaine was not doing a great job at hiding his grief and tears on The Today Show segment I watched this morning. I have a feeling it just got really "real" for them and my heart breaks for them and Kyron./:praying::frown::frown::frown:

BBM

The first report of the cell phone pings was on June 17th in The Wilamette Week. and cited sources within LE.

"This information comes from five separate law-enforcement officials from agencies at the city, county and federal level. To our knowledge, none is directly involved with the investigation.

But several said they’ve heard the same or similar accounts from multiple officials in the law-enforcement community. All agreed that Terri Moulton Horman has become a main focus of police attention because of problems with her story.

Four of the sources say they’ve heard Horman’s story doesn’t jibe with her cell-phone records from June 4."

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

To my knowledge this is the only information about the investigation that the media has attributed directly to LE - as opposed to "sources close to the investigation." My guess is that this leak, early in the investigation, motivatied LE to clamp down hard on potential leakers within the rank and file.

Thanks for pointing that out! It's relevant to some thread, somewhere, and I'm really encouraged to read that after believing this was info we'd heard from DY and KH (which I believed, but it's reassuring to know this is directly LE based). :)

How is it any different than going through the line with a purse? I have went into courthouses many times with purses, and its examined and I go through a detector, and when my stuff is clear I get it back. Are people really saying you cant bring purses or backpacks into a courthouse?

Purses, briefcases...those make sense to me.

Backpacks...what do you carry in a backpack that you can't carry in a briefcase.

IMO: backpacks to court seem a little too laid back-which leads me to assume that KH had something that wouldn't fit in a normal briefcase. Photo albums?...hmm maybe as someone else stated "a battery operated fan".

I understood the point he was making. As far as I know he's never been asked to perform in the role of LE in this case, nor should he be, so it has never been an issue anyway.

Yes. In the QA that DY and TY did for the Medford media on July 4th TY explained that he was being treated no differently by LE than his wife or Kaine. He admitted that it was frustrating, but he understood why it had to be that way. He explained that if he were treated like a member of LE, or played any official role in the investigation, it could contaminate the legal case against the person(s) responsible for Kyron's disappearance.

Purses, briefcases...those make sense to me.

Backpacks...what do you carry in a backpack that you can't carry in a briefcase.

IMO: backpacks to court seem a little too laid back-which leads me to assume that KH had something that wouldn't fit in a normal briefcase. Photo albums?...hmm maybe as someone else stated "a battery operated fan".

Well, people carry all sorts of things, you can carry a backpack into a courtroom after it has been xrayed, its no different than an airport where people scan their carry on luggage, sometimes they include backpacks.

I knew you were. I was feelin' frisky. :crazy:

Does one get banned for being excessively over tired? I think I might be. ;)

Ughh- on a more serious note....subpeonias would have to have been issued independently for KH, DY and TY...correct, lawyers? (I'll ask that on the verified attorney thread.)

It seems there's no way one of the four people called (so far anyway) might not have some sort of possible independent knowledge- knowingly or otherwise- of where Kyron is right now...right?

Lol.
I'd rather start a thread titled:
I tried to carry a "********" into the courthouse today.
Has anyone experienced the same body cavity search in response???

A relative just finished a Jury Duty stint. Security confiscated her metal finger nail file . . . . Didn't think to ask if there was a body search.

Does one get banned for being excessively over tired? I think I might be. ;)

Ughh- on a more serious note....subpeonias would have to have been issued independently for KH, DY and TY...correct, lawyers? (I'll ask that on the verified attorney thread.)

It seems there's no way one of the four people called (so far anyway) might not have some sort of possible independent knowledge- knowingly or otherwise- of where Kyron is right now...right?

I am not a lawyer...but I am confused by what you are asking. Do you think that knowingly or unknowing DDS, TY, TH, or DY have knowledge of where Kyron is?

Or just one of them?

Or I could be totally off base-which happens after a day of studying/school/toddler.

I am not a lawyer...but I am confused by what you are asking. Do you think that knowingly or unknowing DDS, TY, TH, or DY have knowledge of where Kyron is?

Or just one of them?

Or I could be totally off base-which happens after a day of studying/school/toddler.

No didn't mean that at all.... not a lawyer either, here, lol.
I just meant- prosecution must think a GJ might be able to determine if someone they are calling might have evidence (knowingly or otherwise) as to where Kyron is. In order to call them.
Any of them. Yes? Or am I way off base too?

BBM

Yes but KH & TY said the cell ping info came from TH herself so Couldn't TY be considered a source within LE who is not directly involved in the investigation, and perhaps 4 more of his colleagues/ friends? Just saying it is basically just another unnamed source in a way no name/rank/file mentioned.

On another site, (sorry) someone stated as fact that if Terri were to be required to appear before the GJ and testify and she invoked her 5th amendment right that she would then be charged with NOT COOPERATING and would face jail time and fines.

Anyone?? know if there is one single case out there where someone said "I'll plead the 5th" and they were charged with it?

Also, if the GJ doesn't hand down an indictment or finds the no evidence (can't think of the term) can they meet again and again until they find a charge? Or is this a one time deal?

Thank you so much to who ever answers this, I do Google but I find myself lost in all the information. I have no Grand Jury experience.

BBM

For me, the confusing part about the Wilamette Weekly wording was that it makes it sound as if all of the sources were in agreement of all of the information.

In other words when I read it, to me it sounds like they went to all of these sources and presented 'X' amount of information and all of them agreed.

Now, after some time has passed I believe that it actually means that EACH source provided a piece of information.

From what I gather, the Grand Jury can meet again on this as many times as necessary as more evidence comes in.

I'm sorry if some of my posts are not on topic for this thread! (eeeek!) i JUST caught on to the whole program here and now I see that you have threads dedicated to each subject. I apologize and I will try very hard to change my habits.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jolynns
Back