2010.07.26 - Kyron Horman case featured on Dateline

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I've been offline watching the show and WOW. Seeing Kyron's bedroom and toys and life...I can't describe how ANGRY I feel. And sad. I don't know how Desiree finds the strength to do these interviews without sobbing constantly! It must be for Kyron.

Okay, commercial over. Back to the show.

I know what you mean, I just want to sit on the floor and cry for Desiree.
My God is she strong!

Up until tonight, I've only seen media coverage on my little laptop screen.
Seeing things on a big, clear screen reveals things (like body language in pressers) that I'd previously missed.

I initially tried to give TH the benefit of the doubt. Tonight, I'm off the fence.
I believe she is involved with Kyron's disappearance.

I just watched the show *Dateline* for the second time tonight....and I think I caught something that may explain the 'reasoning' behind DY calling TH rather than KH ....
I wanted to watch in particular a second time to see if anything was said that may explain it and *hoping the show is posted online soon so I can refer* I think I did catch a 'little' something...
I won't say this is EXACT words *I don't have a DVR to write it all down word for word*...but....here is what I heard/saw...

Desiree got the call from the school secretary saying Kyron was missing...she understandably was dumbfounded and didn't understand what she was being told...*if it were me my stomach would be in knots and that sinking feeling you get even when they vanish for 2 seconds at the grocery store...anyone here who's a parent KNOWS that panic!...it's the worst feeling...& you are definitely not thinking straight...you're in full frantic mode as every thought imaginable hits you*
She asks the secretary if KH & TH were there......*here is where it explains*
The SECRETARY says.....'Terri is here'......she only said...TERRI...she didn't say...."Terri & Kaine"....probably an oversight or whatever....
That is when Desiree called TH on her phone......
To me that explains it right there.....DY...understandably would be in panic mode....she calls exactly who the secretary stated was THERE....

I hope when it's finally available online I'm not the only one who reads/hears that.......either that or my ears are getting older than I thought ...

I feel the anguish of these poor parents thru the TV...it was heartwrenching.....I cannot imagine.....my kids are grown but I would be beside myself.....like DY said in her letter...she doesn't know if she can live without him....so so sad.....pray for his safe return....Lord...please bring him home soon......

*HUGS*
Lori
PS..if I've overstepped and put names out I should not....I can amend or delete.....I didn't mean to put anything I shouldn't.....

DY also made it very clear that she asked if TH was there, and then called TH on her cell phone. Why didn't she ask if KH was there...and call him on his cell phone (whether or not he was there)?

That, if anything else, seems odd to me, considering how DY has maintained her dislike of TH-but she calls TH and not KH during this crisis? (not bashing, just curious).

My guess would be that DY believed that TH knew more about it since Kyron was in her care that day and KH was at work until early afternoon.

Oh.............I've finally seen the smug look of DS that others were speaking of earlier today. hrmph.

Thanks. But what did Kaine actually say in the interview (I am so mad at myself for missing this)? Did he say someone had told him back then that Terri was looking to have him killed?

No, he didn't say that. How could he, he didn't know back then. Anyhow what he said was that he didn't believe it at first (when Snow said that he learned TH had tried to hire someone to murder him) and that it was something that he couldn't even wrap his head around. Then Snow asked him was there any indications in his marriage that things were that bad or she was upset with you and Kaine shook his head "NO". Then elaborated that nothing one way or the other so far that would have even put that on his radar screen as something to worry about. When he was talking about this, it all came to light when LE told him about the murder plot. He had no way of knowing prior.

Sorry, but I disagree. Even if Terri was totally innocent and knew nothing, they had just found out that he was missing. Desiree is his mom, regardless of how often he visited (which I believe was as often as they say it was, why lie?), and there's no reason she WOULDN'T come to Portland right then and there.

Ok ... all this talk about Desiree dropping everything and rushing to Portland immediately.

I don't know if I can find it or not, but on some of the earliest threads (before this forum) I remember it being discussed that she didn't come straight away; IIRC it wasn't until the next day?

Does anyone know when D & T showed up in Portland? TIA

Ok ... all this talk about Desiree dropping everything and rushing to Portland immediately.

I don't know if I can find it or not, but on some of the earliest threads (before this forum) I remember it being discussed that she didn't come straight away; IIRC it wasn't until the next day?

Does anyone know when D & T showed up in Portland? TIA

IIRC, we didn't have any idea where DY was at first. There was a lot of speculation about it, I remember that!

I was interrupted during one part. Right after DY said that KH and TH were having a relationship while she was pregnant with Kyron, did they say KH denies it? Not that it has anything to do with Kyron going missing, I just missed that part. TIA!

I think that as a legal stepparent she does have rights. It is different in every state but a perfect example is in VA you can be awarded costudy of your step children.

Maybe she does have the legal right (and I don't know about that stuff), but if a child of mine, step or not, was missing/kidnapped/sold/deceased, I cannot fathom selling pictures of him. I wouldn't want to violate him anymore than he already has been. This kind of behavior to me, well, I label it heartless and devoid of something.

I could only do that if I cared nothing for the child, the father, and the mother and felt justified and entitled to inflict more pain on those who love him because I felt victimized by them in some way. I'm only trying to figure how TH could get into the frame of mind that would allow her to even think of this kind of exploitation.

IIRC, we didn't have any idea where DY was at first. There was a lot of speculation about it, I remember that!
I remember that, too. We did not have information about Desiree's whereabouts. I see no reason not to take her word for when she and Tony drove to Portland. In fact, I would think that a link would be required for someone to question her truthfulness in the matter.

Great post ~ I don't understand why the focus now is on Terri's victimization instead of the fact that her step-son is missing! I'm baffled.

JMO

Imo because suddenly people see Kaine as not so innocent or as not so great a guy because of his affair. His affair with Terri when his then wife Desiree was pregnant. Probably changes peoples perspective.

The entire show was about Kyron. And remember there's been no arrest or charges made for Kyron's disappearance.
imo

My guess would be that DY believed that TH knew more about it since Kyron was in her care that day and KH was at work until early afternoon.

I agree with this and when told Terri was at the school, that's who she logically called. I would have done the same.

Where did Terri say that ? (this question came up on another thread too)

The information was in the People Magazine article when the questionnaire came out 1-2 weeks after Kyron went missing.

TH has really never said much at all in the press, but her mother and some of her friends relayed the story about TH taking care of Kyron from the time he was 3 days old. It wasn't until this evening that it was clarified for me that DY had primary custody of Kyron until she became ill.

It is interesting that TH never spoke publicly to my knowledge about Kyron's disappearance.

I was interrupted during one part. Right after DY said that KH and TH were having a relationship while she was pregnant with Kyron, did they say KH denies it? Not that it has anything to do with Kyron going missing, I just missed that part. TIA!

Yes, they said KH said they were already broken up but still living in the same house, I believe.

I think it needs to be said that KH and DY do not have the same story here...ergo someone is lying, is KH ashamed? That's a possibility. Is DY confused, maybe? But for people who seem pretty darn adamant that TH is a consummate liar, I find it odd that one of them would lie about something this (in retrospect) unimportant.

Hi again, goatman -- just bouncing off your post...

I don't really know any two people who have exactly the same story -- there is that saying that you hold a piece of the truth, I hold a piece of the truth, and then out there somewhere is...THE TRUTH.

And, parts of some truths change over time -- and I believe that change can reflect growth -- when one person is no longer as ashamed, and the other person is no longer as confused. And, both those people, changed as they are, can still know that the past holds someone else who was so unable to be really aware of the truth. That may never change.

IMHO, et. al.

Seeing his toys on the floor where he left them and his unmade bed how he left it was heart wrenching!!! :(

They have a difference of opinion on the matter. DY says he started the affair without her knowing anything was wrong. He says he started seeing TH when it was obvious their marriage was over. He said, she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668