2010.07.26 - Kyron Horman case featured on Dateline

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AvalonBlue said:
Yes, Etilema, this info has been discussed on WS on several different threads. I believe BeanE has it all collected very nicely in the timeline on the main page for Ky.

UNTIL DY specifically said in one of her interviews with Kaine that she and Terri were NOT friends, the "bizarre" and "detailed, specific story" you mention was perceived to be true for quite a while after it was first published in The Oregonian on, I believe the second Saturday Ky was missing. It sounded fishy to me from the beginning. Just sayin'...

I'm so glad the truth has been coming out about DY and TH, especially because I felt DY was getting a bum rap for a long time because of being reported to "be long term friends" with someone like Terri.

There are facts, links to back all this up right on our website.

And, please know that my disdain for TH is MOO and that I've had that opinion about her for a long time. There has never really been a fence for me to sit on -- although I have a LOT over this and other erroneous info repeated and repeated in this case.

Wasn't this a story from Terri's mom?

I don't know, but the Oregonian article referenced in the post you responded to quoted someone from KAINE'S side of the family (about Terri and Desiree being friends). I read it again this afternoon, and didn't see where Terri or any of her family / friends made that claim. Perhaps there's another article mirroring the Oregonian's piece?

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help.

"Someone had to watch the baby," said Amanda Howards, the former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian. "Terri was her friend. She moved in just to help with the baby."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Yes, they said KH said they were already broken up but still living in the same house, I believe.

Thank you! I think it shows how they have always tried to put Kyron first, even as they were making some pretty bad choices for themselves.

I sooooooooooo pray he comes home to them soon!!! :(

I was interrupted during one part. Right after DY said that KH and TH were having a relationship while she was pregnant with Kyron, did they say KH denies it? Not that it has anything to do with Kyron going missing, I just missed that part. TIA!

Wow, what a revelation if THEY did say that. I'll have to go back and listen again, but I missed it the first time around if it was said.

I was interrupted during one part. Right after DY said that KH and TH were having a relationship while she was pregnant with Kyron, did they say KH denies it? Not that it has anything to do with Kyron going missing, I just missed that part. TIA!

Yes, Kaine says they were broken up, though living in the same house.

I don't know, but the Oregonian article referenced in the post you responded to quoted someone from KAINE'S side of the family (about Terri and Desiree being friends). I read it again this afternoon, and didn't see where Terri or any of her family / friends made that claim. Perhaps there's another article mirroring the Oregonian's piece?

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help.

"Someone had to watch the baby," said Amanda Howards, the former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian. "Terri was her friend. She moved in just to help with the baby."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

So this would be the ex-wife of the brother who's the convicted child sex offender, now in jail? (Nice job on finding source, Calliope)

They have a difference of opinion on the matter. DY says he started the affair without her knowing anything was wrong. He says he started seeing TH when it was obvious their marriage was over. He said, she said.

Yes, I agree with this. Different than flat out denial, which would have perked my ears up (lol). I heard the same thing. DY is more definitive in her recollection, KH not so much.

I haven't read all 16 pages of this thread yet and I didn't watch the east coast feed of "Dateline" on NBC, just the west coast feed. My takeaway from the "Dateline" show -- Desiree has finally spoken out about how Kaine met Terri, he cheated on Desiree with Terri when Desiree was 8 and a half months pregnant with Kyron. (That is something that has been speculated on quite a bit but nobody in the family would actually confirm it publicly until now.)

It was a rather sad show. The wall of hope for Kyron with all Japanese origami paper cranes was touching. I hope that give Desiree, Tony, and Kaine some comfort.

He's pretty twisted, eh? Or, was pretty twisted.

MO

He made a horrible choice of which I'm sure he regrets more than any of us can imagine at this point. People make terrible choices in their lives. It's how they handle it once they realize it that counts.

Just because the woman was Kaine's brother's ex-wife doesn't mean she's not more a friend of Terri's now. Plus, at the time the article came out, Kaine and Terri were still together. All the other sources were friends or family of Terri. Apparently the reporter didn't seek out any of Desiree's or
Tony's friends or family to get a more fair picture of the "blended family." Really poor journalism.

Reminder, we do not call the players names nor do we bash them. Thanks!

Could the stretch be made to call them friends stem from the fact that they met when Kyron was about a year and a half (those were DY's exact words in more than one interview). So in tonight's Dateline show it says that Kaine and Terri took Kyron to live with them when he was about two because Desiree was ill and needed medical treatment.

Which her exact words make sense now, hearing tonight that she was pregnant when Kaine started the affair with Terri, as I remember her saying that she did not get to meet Terri until Kyron was over a year old and then she said about a year and a half. That's what I remember.

Could the stretch be made to call them friends stem from the fact that they met when Kyron was about a year and a half (those were DY's exact words in more than one interview). So in tonight's Dateline show it says that Kaine and Terri took Kyron to live with them when he was about two because Desiree was ill and needed medical treatment.

Which her exact words make sense now, hearing tonight that she was pregnant when Kaine started the affair with Terri, as I remember her saying that she did not get to meet Terri until Kyron was over a year old and then she said about a year and a half. That's what I remember.

I remember something like that too. I would imagine she didn't want to meet Terri for a long time. I wouldn't have! But then she probably was so sick she didn't feel she had a choice. The whole thing just breaks my heart!!!

Funny how this has now become the "Kaine is horrible" thread when he has been the primary caregiver of his 7-year old son for the past years. We don't know what really happened between DY and KH and I think it was unclassy of the classy DY to speak out about this.

That's what I meant about not understanding the relevance of Desiree's statement. Kaine is her son's father and primary caregive. Why would she want to feed him to the sharks??

Because he not only cheated on her while she was pregnant, but cheated with (and brought into their lives) the woman who she believes harmed her son.

Someone will literally have to show me a law where TH could have been a "legal stepmom" Caregiver maybe, but nothing legal without adoption.

Some years back when we had custody of my stepson, it was indeed WE on the court documents giving legal and physical custody to DH and ME. I was able to sign for medical care, etc. Not in Oregon though, don't know about there.

I remember something like that too. I would imagine she didn't want to meet Terri for a long time. I wouldn't have! But then she probably was so sick she didn't feel she had a choice. The whole thing just breaks my heart!!!

She's been through a lot. I'm glad she has Tony by her side now.

Mine, as well, Kimster. I remember her using the words "get to" because I thought it was a strange choice but now I understand it that the woman her husband left their marital bed for she didn't get to meet until Kyron was a year and a half.

I sure hope with all my heart that this story has a happy ending.

It goes to character.

Terri & Kaine affair while Kaine is under the same roof as Desiree, and while Desiree is 8 months pregnant.

IMO, it doesn't get more selfish. *shivers*

And Desiree saying she's always regretted giving Kaine full custody of Kyron. She knew.

:(

these are Desiree's statements per dateline story.

bbm

Did she say she'd ever made the attempt to regain custody and if not, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro