2010.07.26 - Kyron Horman case featured on Dateline

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if because Kyron shared a room with Desiree's teenager that Desiree did not get a chance to get in there much when Kyron wasn't there, hence the unmade bunk bed. Teenage boys are not famous for keeping their rooms neat or wanting mom in there cleaning. (It's a little strange she would not have changed sheets and had his bed ready, but not earth-shattering.)

But it is odd that she reviews the room as a memorial to a child who had been at her house two weeks prior to his having gone missing, and was due to be at her home the evening he disappeared. And now 9 weeks later, it is presented as though he'd only just crawled out of that bed that day.

An extra segment from last night's Dateline. Inside Kyron's bedroom.

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38416431#38416431"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

I watched Dateline and the version of what happened between Desiree and Kaine seem to differ.....Desiree actts like they were married, expecting Kyron and then at 8 mo preg. she finds Kaine is cheating on her.....
Kaine acts like when he started cheating, they had already broke up. :waitasec:
Shortly after, they got divorce and he married TH.
it is confusing.
I dont remember Desiree ever saying she was friends with TH when her husband Kaine was seeing her?
But.....I dont understand why when she was well and back on her feet, which she seems to be being remarried, etc she didnt get Kyron back full time. I know it is her business but I dont understand.

I think some people tend to rewrite history a bit, when it comes to divorces. Nobody wants any blame on their shoulders of a failed marriage. Both people want to be innocent party, and some people even want to be the "wronged" one.

So we'll probably never really know the exact truth. But I am going to say that IMO if Kaine left her while she was eight months pregnant.. I can't imagine a more powerful motivator than another woman. And also IMO, that marriage may have already been severely damaged a while beforehand. At least that way to me, Kaine doesn't look as evil, lol.

It was really sad when Desiree said Kyron would be home by August, to go on the houseboat vacation.

That's what made it so sad. I thought to myself (while watching it) - that I knew in my heart he wasn't coming home or making that houseboat vacation.

:(

MOO

Mel

That's what made it so sad. I thought to myself (while watching it) - that I knew in my heart he wasn't coming home or making that houseboat vacation.

:(

MOO

Mel

That was heartbreaking for me to watch as well. I could tell by looking in her eyes and the break in her voice while saying it that even she knows that it is not so. Deep within her heart of hearts she is struggling with being unable to accept or acknowledge the fact that she knows her child is not coming home alive.

I think some people tend to rewrite history a bit, when it comes to divorces. Nobody wants any blame on their shoulders of a failed marriage. Both people want to be innocent party, and some people even want to be the "wronged" one.

So we'll probably never really know the exact truth. But I am going to say that IMO if Kaine left her while she was eight months pregnant.. I can't imagine a more powerful motivator than another woman. And also IMO, that marriage may have already been severely damaged a while beforehand. At least that way to me, Kaine doesn't look as evil, lol.

Oh yah, I believe D completely -- she was in obvious emotional pain talking about it. Just like my ex - he can tell you a completely different story. Like D, I walked out when I found out my X was having an affair. I thank the good Lord that we never had any children. I don't believe K that he said he and T got together when they were separated (though I could be a bit prejudice in my thoughts).

MOO

Mel

But it is odd that she reviews the room as a memorial to a child who had been at her house two weeks prior to his having gone missing, and was due to be at her home the evening he disappeared. And now 9 weeks later, it is presented as though he'd only just crawled out of that bed that day.

Right -- her heart is telling her one thing, while her mind is telling another. She said he's coming home, yet his room is like a memorial. I'm being an arm chair psychologist here, but if she really knew he was coming home, wouldn't she get the room ready for him? Kinda reminds me of Cindy Anthony's actions with Caylee's room - untouched after all this time.

OTOH, I just can't imagine the pain, and wouldn't know what I would do given the same situation.

Hugs,

Mel

It was stated via the reporter doing the show that Kaine admitted that he and Terri began their relationship when he believed his marriage was over. I mentally attached the 'but the divorce' when she also stated that he told her that they lived in the same house but had agreed they could date other people. One wonders how many people he believed Desiree could date, what with being pregnant and all.

If I were in her position, I wouldn't make his bed either or put away the toys he played with last. It would feel like it might be the last time I'd ever do that, like I might be obliterating the last signs of his existence, the covers he pushed back and the car wash he last touched. It would be too hard for me to keep telling myself he's coming back if I did something that might end up being so final.

As far as originally waiting two weeks to pick up the room, I can also see myself putting that off until right before he got there. Could be, with another boy in there, too, that the room stays fairly messy.

Cheaters tell themselves and others a lot of things that aren't true. I'm sure Kaine convinced himself that he and Desiree had broken up, using some definition of "broken up" that Desiree did not share. I think you make a good point that it's very likely he told Terri that he and Desiree were broken up, while letting Desiree believe that Terri somehow "stole" him from her.
Also, cheaters cheat. That's what they do when they're in a relationship, and I would not be surprised if it turns out cheating is what started this whole tragic and criminal situation into motion.

It MIGHT go to verifying <in her mind> TH's reasoning behind hiring a hit on her current husband.The best indicator of future behavior is the past.
IMO, it's BAD JUDGEMENT entering into a new relationship before completely severing a past one.

DY said that they got together while she was 8 months pregnant (basically he cheated)

KH said that they were already broken up and just living in the same house when he started his relationship w/ TH.

(above is paraphrased)

to him, the relationship was over; to Desi, she was hoping and praying it wasn't.

How many times have we seen something like this with others in our lives?

According to the interviews with KH and DY, it was TH who was going to be driving Kyron to Eugene to meet up with DY. DY was not expected to come all the way to them.

Whereas there could be a million bits of powder that were put into the powder keg, I have to wonder if the "thought" of the drive to Eugene was the igniting of the fuse. Could it be so simple that TH's last thought was, "Nope, SORRY, not making the drive again!"

Mental disorder
Personality disorder
Lack of morals
Wanting to dump husband
Being put out when maybe there was something she preferred to do with her time -- BANG

Very disturbing to think...

Right -- her heart is telling her one thing, while her mind is telling another. She said he's coming home, yet his room is like a memorial. I'm being an arm chair psychologist here, but if she really knew he was coming home, wouldn't she get the room ready for him? Kinda reminds me of Cindy Anthony's actions with Caylee's room - untouched after all this time.

OTOH, I just can't imagine the pain, and wouldn't know what I would do given the same situation.

Hugs,

Mel

Exactly. Her expectation that he would be coming to her house on the evening of June 4 did NOT prompt her to make his bed. Then she got the phone call that he was missing and now states she cannot make it. My question still stands. Why wasn't it made at any time in the two weeks since he'd last been there, or his clothes put away in the two weeks since he'd been there, or the toys straightened up and put away in the two weeks since he'd been there?

Perhaps some insight?

I have interviewed a number of parents who have lost their children suddenly (to death). I recall one mother, who had lost her child years before, saying that when people ask her when her child died, she says, "Yesterday." For her, the freshness of pain remains to be yesterday.

Well that's just great.

I FINALLY make it to the end of the thread and everyone decides to leave.

Buncha lightweights.

Sleep? Pfft. I spit in its eye. Who needs it?

:floorlaugh: I shouldn't laugh. I think you are serious! :innocent:

I don't find it odd that in a very cold weather area that a parent who doesn't have custody would take til June to take a kid fishing. JMO

where I live in another state, we have a fishing season opener. Until that time, you can't fish .

Wish I could remember where, AHA...here it is:

>>The story dates to 2000, when Desiree married Kaine Horman. The couple's relationship quickly soured, however, and they planned to separate, but then Desiree got pregnant. So, they gave it another shot. But in August 2002, when Desiree was eight months pregnant, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.<<

I'm not sure who might have informed the reporter who wrote that article. We know so little of Desiree and Kaine's dating history, the preface to their marriage, why the marriage soured (if there is any truth to that which was reported) ... and really we don't need to know. There is so much that can go awry in people's lives for all manner of reason (reasonable and not.) :(

Just wanted to jump in and say I think Dateline did an excellent job on Kyrons story and I'm so glad to see it out there! Every time I see them interviewed, it just breaks my heart even more. I can't imagine going through what they are. They seem to be all leaning on eachother which is great to see!

BUT was it known at that point?

It would depend if there were any teachers left at the school at that time to ask.

What is the teacher's work day? 7:30-3:30 or 8-4?

Since it was a special day and the teachers had to be there in their rooms without prep time, I am guessing that they were told that they could leave early.

Anyway, that's what happens in my district.

If we put in extra time (we always put in extra time! But what I mean as extra time is that time demanded by administration, they let us leave early)

But that does not mean that the teacher had left early.

It's nice to be offered the option, but in my experience, it rarely happens.

Or the secretary called the teacher on her cell.

Exactly. Her expectation that he would be coming to her house on the evening of June 4 did NOT prompt her to make his bed. Then she got the phone call that he was missing and now states she cannot make it. My question still stands. Why wasn't it made at any time in the two weeks since he'd last been there, or his clothes put away in the two weeks since he'd been there, or the toys straightened up and put away in the two weeks since he'd been there?

Maybe this mom was trying to teach her young son that it was his responsibility to make his bed and clean up his toys and he would meet with that training upon his return? Maybe this mom felt that she loved seeing the unmade bed, because it was a sign of the little boy she had to part with on a regular basis? Maybe this mom is a working mom, with scads of responsibility a husband and older son to attend and serve, and maybe a disease to attend? Maybe this mom doesn't think that made beds are so important? Maybe this mom just so happened to miss a beat on getting that bed made and, as it turned out, it was to become more important to her than she could ever imagined -- a sign that he was there and he left his place untidy, silly bird... And now she can stick her face into the sheets and maybe still smell his presence.

One mom that I know who lost her son suddenly said that she missed his dirty fingernails. I have thought of that many times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668