2010.07.27 - Investigators presser - reward increased to $50,000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - "Hey, look at all the money we've used... and... well... um... we have a lot of people working on things... and... oh yeah! We can't comment on it at all! Investigation in progress and all that, you know. But, believe me, it's worth it. You'll see. Yep."
nah duck.... best part was at the end...

reporter: that's ALL?
female cop: yeah that's it. You know... investigation.. Sorry. But we brought the family out for you.

I mean REALLY???? The family has been out there Ms Female cop

I agree with Kimster, they changed the presser at the last minute, it was late, Desiree was freaking out probably having to change what she prepped to say there, crying, trembling. LE stating that info about the case needs to be verified, etc. Something happened and this wasn't supposed to be this type of "no info" presser. JMO

Fool me once etc.

I'm going with that gut feeling as well.

Agreed. Last minute switch in plans due to reasons unknown to me. Desiree was very emotional and the press confrence seemed so unfocused. Strange change something happened between when it was announced to when it happened. IMOO

I agree and Desiree sobbing is also something new. I'm not saying she hasn't been upset, but sobbing this time? Was she finally told that Kyron is dead or they believe he's dead? Or is just she's finally breaking? Something isn't right here. The reins are too tight, almost choking. I'm not sure what, but I'm still a bit anxious.

I agree. Desiree's demeanor worries me. There was even a change in Kaine towards the end of the PC. Whatever they say publicly I think they have been advised that things aren't going well and that Kyron may not be with us any longer.

I figured out what it seems like - the calm before a storm. Like guards surrounding a castle, getting ready for a war that they're not telling people about yet. Or that moment when the eye of the hurricane passes over and you think it's nothing, that's it all over. And then the eye moves away and hello hurricane.

Something. Is. UP!

The talking about money is just a way to let public know this is going to take a while.

The bit about depriving parents of the child just says to me that they are thinking up a charge, if they don't find kyron and don't have a witness to Terri w/Kyron...just a new way of phrasing something...

There's always custodial interference, right? I mean, as a way to get things rolling until they know what else to lay.

It was so sad. The poor family. All this talk about money....hog wash when it comes to finding a child. I hope that they are hot on the trail and just can't reveal anything in case it might hurt what they are going after.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Present at this conference will be Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Lead Investigator of the Kyron case Sgt. Lee Gosson. The purpose of this press conference will be to provide an update of the case and respond to questions that were submitted regarding the case.

I didn't hear an update nor did I hear answers to questions. All I heard was lots of talk about them doing what they've been doing...

OMG there are 450 viewers on this thread!

*emma streaks across the thread like lightening, in front of 450 people
just to cross that off her bucket list*

Well, that was certainly more revealing and informative than the PC!

Hello guests!!! We wish you would join Websleuths and post with us! :grouphug:

Desiree was prepared for the presser.
IMO, it's possible this was not the presser any of them expected.

I was wondering about that too. DY and KH looked way more upset today also. Like maybe they know something new perhaps.

Maybe when they scheduled the presser they thought that they'd have something from the GJ yesterday.

Wierd, just really wierd.

I think they both are just tired, weary and emotional.

53 days is a long time so it doesn't take much for the emotions to show.

IMO

I agree with Kimster, they changed the presser at the last minute, it was late, Desiree was freaking out probably having to change what she prepped to say there, crying, trembling. LE stating that info about the case needs to be verified, etc. Something happened and this wasn't supposed to be this type of "no info" presser. JMO

Something changed....and they couldn't tell DY yet....that would definitely upset her

It was interesting how LE slipped the psychic info into the presser since the psychic article came out today

I don't think this was a ploy for Terri, just for the voters...

I have not yet caught up with the thread, but my impression was that it must be an election year for the sherrif. There was no "real" info shared other than soliciting for votes.

This. They only ever talk about the money spent and the number of leads. Is the sheriff up for re-election this year? Because this just sounds like an excuse for how they are spending the money.

I would love to beleive something is about to break, but honestly, I wonder just how little they have learned in all this time. They never even hint at the case still moving forward or any reason to have that hope.

All this build up for nothing was a truly awful PR move for them. Not bright at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tenamh