2010.08.16 Misty Croslin Scheduled For Hearing On Drug Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The last I heard, Ron was getting certain charges dropped, (the most incriminating, I assume), so him being in the car or whatever, might not be taken into consideration. It'll be like it never happened.
But, wasn't Hope just in the car ?

OMG, OT but just heard on HLN that two toddlers were found submerged in a car in a lake (think Susan Smith here) and the mother claims it was an accident. This happened in South Carolina. Trying to find something on this.
Just found this. Don't know how to start a thread. Sorry.
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/16/2153410/bodies-of-2-children-found-in.html

There is already a thread going on this....I believe it is located in the Crimes in the News section.

:waitasec: Something is fishy, Fields said he needs at least 3 hrs to present his case at sentencing in Oct because he has new information and witness. :waitasec:What could he have I wonder?:waitasec:

Why couldn't he give the State the info now? Why wait?

I was praying that today we would of learned something new in Haleigh's case, but yet again nothing. Except that Misty may be facing Life in prison. The way I under stand it Misty may face 240 + yrs. This is longer than a life sentence. If she pleads the same in St.John's County she will get 25yrs. So even if she gets the youth offender program in Putnam and gets 6yrs she will still have to serve 25yrs in St.Johns which will put her behind bars 31yrs.
She better hurry up and come clean before Ronald rats her out and gets his charges reduced or dropped. Which IMO, Ron will be the one that will end up serving the least amount of time behind bars and he is the one with the longest rap sheet.

O/T: Something else I find of interest is that WBG's charges have been dropped/case closed. He was arrested on drug charges as well a few months ago and he to has a long rap sheet like Ronald.

Misty Croslin Enters 'No Contest' Plea to Putnam Drug Charges

"Snip" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=163192&catid=3

Updated: 8/16/2010

Misty's attorney, is trying to have Misty sentenced as a youthful offender, which means she could face up to six years.

Misty will learn her sentence in October.

Robert Fields, told the judge this morning that a "landslide of evidence" against Croslin, including video of her with the drugs and several undercover officers as witnesses in the case, led to the no contest plea.

Fields also said he will need about three hours to present his case at the sentencing hearing, where he will introduce more evidence and witnesses.

I haven't really given RC a lot of thought lately dodie I'm sorry. If he's working on a deal, given what hard evidence they have on him, then that's his roll of the dice and although I'm hesitant to say this because he seems to have worked magic before about getting out of sentences he should have served---he won't this time IMHO. If he's willing to roll the dice on his sentencing it could possibly mean he's arrogant because he's gotten off so many times before.

If he does get a lesser sentence? Then the inner workings of the justice system in Putnam Co. need to be routed out and investigated. I think RC is going to serve at least 15 years too. JMHO.

Each and every single one of them must face their own charges, and enter their own pleas.

Misty is going to serve 21 as a poster outlined above I agree. But RC's butt was in that car too. IMHO he's not skating out on this one. But, like I said, he's done it so many times before. Who really knows? JMHO. :)

BBM: Ron should serve at least 25 since he has two charges with 25-year minimum.

I agree, but disagree. Ron's working on a deal, in regards to his direct actions, so why not everybody else? But, after watching the judge, throw the book at Hope, why are they following her lead? I'd be trying something, anything, different.

BBM: The judge did not throw the book at Hope; she got her minimum mandatory. (Though I do think he threw the book at Tommy.)

And there was no option for LE or the SA to split RC's charges into separate counties, IIRC. If RC's deals were all in Putnam, that's where they all had to be charged.

[This is my first attempt at multiple quote; I hope I did it right :innocent:]

I'm wondering if Misty and Tommy have back door deals. They both have huge problems with credibility. If they gave them a deal now regarding testifying in the Haleigh case between their credibility problems and the deal, the testimony would be useless.

However, by not giving them a deal now, it would help their testimony. They could honestly answer on the stand that they did not receive a deal for shorter sentences to testify. If their testimony helps to lead to a conviction, then the State could file a motion to reconsider their current sentences.

That is the only reason I can come up with for why their attorneys are throwing them on the mercy of the court when they know this Judge has no mercy. Especially in Misy's case where a good psychologist could easily make a case for her being controlled/forced by Ron.

1Chump, you raise an interesting question. I read somewhere that a person's sentence can be reduced even after they have begun serving their time if they come forward with info on other crimes. So, it might be possible that could be an option for MC and TC.

:

Fields also said he will need about three hours to present his case at the sentencing hearing, where he will introduce more evidence and witnesses.

IMO, Fields needs that much time at the sentencing hearing because he will be asking for Misty to be sentenced as a Youthful Offender. He will probably have to show how she qualifies for this status.

:waitasec: Something is fishy, Fields said he needs at least 3 hrs to present his case at sentencing in Oct because he has new information and witness. :waitasec:What could he have I wonder?:waitasec:

Why couldn't he give the State the info now? Why wait?

I was praying that today we would of learned something new in Haleigh's case, but yet again nothing. Except that Misty may be facing Life in prison. The way I under stand it Misty may face 240 + yrs. This is longer than a life sentence. If she pleads the same in St.John's County she will get 25yrs. So even if she gets the youth offender program in Putnam and gets 6yrs she will still have to serve 25yrs in St.Johns which will put her behind bars 31yrs.
She better hurry up and come clean before Ronald rats her out and gets his charges reduced or dropped. Which IMO, Ron will be the one that will end up serving the least amount of time behind bars and he is the one with the longest rap sheet.

O/T: Something else I find of interest is that WBG's charges have been dropped/case closed. He was arrested on drug charges as well a few months ago and he to has a long rap sheet like Ronald.

WBG trafficking charge has not been dropped but 2 of his possession charges were. His case is not closed, it was continued until 10/7. His trafficking charge carries a 25 yr. min. man. He could have gave up info. to get the other charges dropped but I still see him going to prison for awhile.

UCN: 542010CF001125XXAXMX
File Date: 05/18/2010
Judge: EDWARD E HEDSTROM
Case Status: PRE-TRIAL
Defense Atty: CULBERT, BRUCE P
Case File Location: CIRCUIT JUDGE DIVISION 53

Defendant: PAGE, GREGORY LEWIS JR
Alias: No Alias Records

Date # Docket Description
05/18/2010 1 ARREST REPORT - PPD OFF/EGAN (ARREST 5/14/10)

05/18/2010 1 BOOKING NUMBER: 10-2072

05/18/2010 1 POSSESSION OF CANNABIS IN EXCESS OF 20 GRAMS

05/18/2010 1 TRAFFICKING OF HYDROCODONE

05/18/2010 1 POSSESSION OF SCHEDULE II CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITH

05/18/2010 1 INTENT TO SELL

05/18/2010 1 POSSESSION OF HYDROCODON WITH INTENT TO SELL

05/18/2010 2 DEFENDANT PRESENT FOR FIRST APPEARANCE HRG 5/15/10

05/18/2010 2 ADJ INS P D APPOINTED AT FIRST APPEARANCE HEARING

05/18/2010 2 SUFFICIENT PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND

05/18/2010 2 $1004.00 SECURED BOND SET CT. I

05/18/2010 2 NO BOND AS TO CT. II

05/18/2010 2 $2504.00 SECURED BOND SET CT. III

05/18/2010 3 AFFIDAVIT FOR CRIMINAL INDIGENT STATUS

05/18/2010 4 ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER AT FIRST APP HEARING

05/27/2010 5 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE FILED BY: BRUCE CULBERT

05/27/2010 6 MOTION FOR STATEMENT OF PARTICULARS

05/27/2010 7 NOTICE OF DISCOVERY

05/27/2010 8 MOTION FOR REDUCTION OF BOND

06/02/2010 9 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (07-01-2010) IN JAIL

06/02/2010 10 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (07-01-2010)

06/02/2010 11 NOTICE OF HEARING SET ON 06/18/2010 AT 02:00 PM

06/04/2010 12 INFORMATION (TRAFFICKING IN ROXICODONE - 28G TO

06/04/2010 12 30 KG)

06/04/2010 13 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION TO CTS I & III ONLY

06/18/2010 14 MOTION HEARING MINUTES: DEFENSE MOTION FOR REDUCTION

06/18/2010 14 OF BOND CONTINUED UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF COURT

07/01/2010 15 PRE TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY BRUCE CULBERT

07/01/2010 15 ON MOTION OF DEFENSE COUNSEL, COURT ORDERED CASE

07/01/2010 15 CONTINUED TO 08/05/2010

07/07/2010 16 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (08/05/2010)

07/07/2010 17 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (08/05/2010) IN JAIL

08/05/2010 18 PRE TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY BRUCE CULBERT

08/05/2010 18 ON MOTION OF DEFENSE COUNSEL, COURT ORDERED CASE

08/05/2010 18 CONTINUED TO 10/07/2010

08/11/2010 19 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (10/07/2010)

08/11/2010 20 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (10/07/2010) IN JAIL

I am wondering if this tentative agreement is one he agreed to have his lawyer work on. I hope state doesn't allow if it is something his lawyer will ask for.

BBM: It is.

Ron wants two of his charges dropped in exchange for his testimony (regarding what is the big question). For now the deal is tentative as the state has not yet agreed to it.

The two charges he wants dropped both carry 25-year minimums. That would leave him with two charges that carry 15 years mandatory minimum (and one or two at 3-years IIRC). Again....the state has not yet agreed to this!

Did Hope have previous convictions that weighed into her sentence or were they just charges ? Sorry, I can't remember.

I never saw her sentencing report so I don't know. She had just been released from jail 2 wks. before her Jan. arrest, that didn't help things. She violated her bond terms.
It doesn't matter anyway, the judge did what the statute says he has to do, she pled no contest to her charge so he sentenced her to the min. man. that her charge carries. 15 yrs.

Tommy was caught trafficking a smaller amt. than Hope, his min. man. was 3 yrs. but he got the book thrown at him for lying about Haleigh. If he would of kept his mouth shut he would have got 3 yrs. imo.

I am wondering if this tentative agreement is one he agreed to have his lawyer work on. I hope state doesn't allow if it is something his lawyer will ask for.

That is what I think as KRKRJX explained so well in the above post.
Key word is tentative.

Just out of my own curiousity I would like to ask Papa and others why you say the defense attorneys of the ones already been convicted are lacking in integrity and such by what has gone down in court......Many years ago I was convicted of a DUi (in my dumber years) and I had a very well paid attorney. The state had my BAC and such evidence as to more than likely prove my guilt...My attorney advised me to plea guilty rather than go to trial...I did so and the judge threw the book at me.....It has been a real long time ago so I dont remember the details however the attorneys who know the state has the evidence to convict so why is everyone saying all of these people got a raw deal.....I am just trying to understand....My PAID lawyer did no better for me than these state attorneys are doing for this group...I am just not getting why some of you are saying these lawyers have thrown their clients to the wolves...What would you have them do different? I really would like for someone to give me an answer.

Misty Cummings Pleads To Drug Charges Likely Faces 25 Years In Prison
Flora Hollars said she thinks as long as Misty and her brother, Hank, are in jail, they won't tell what they know about Haleigh.

UPDATED: 5:18 pm EDT August 16, 2010
"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/24645217/detail.html

PALATKA, Fla. -- Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, told the judge a "landslide of evidence" against Cummings, including the undercover video, led to her no contest plea.

Ronald Cummings is nearing a plea agreement, and Hank Croslin plead no contest to similar charges and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Misty could face about 200 years in prison on the 7 counts of drug trafficking, but as a youthful offender, her sentence will more likely range from six to 25 years, lawyers said. Sentencing was scheduled for Oct. 19.

Misty faces one more drug trafficking charge in St. Johns County, Hearing Tuesday morning Aug 23.

Misty's grandmother, Flora Hollars said she thinks as long as Misty and Hank Jr. are in jail, they won't tell what they know about Haleigh.

"I believe they'll do more talking out of jail," Hollars said in a phone interview Monday. "Look at how long it's been. They ain't said nothing."

Misty and Hank's mom and dad were also recently arrested and are in jail on drug charges. Hollars said with the entire family in jail, the chances of them talking are slim to none.

"I don't think they'll say anything as long as they're in jail," Hollars said. "If they were out, they might talk."

Hollars said she still believes Haleigh's body was dumped into the St. Johns River, and in her opinion, everyone in the Croslin family knows more than what they've admitted to.

"Misty is the one that told me they wrapped her in a bag and tied it with a yellow rope and dropped her into the St. Johns River," Hollars said.

"I think Ronald knows more than he's saying, too," Hollars said.

IMO, Fields needs that much time at the sentencing hearing because he will be asking for Misty to be sentenced as a Youthful Offender. He will probably have to show how she qualifies for this status.
IMO, Werter's best plan would be to bring in a child psychologist, as a witness. I know she's a 'legal' adult now, but when this all got started, she wasn't. If I had a 16, 17, year old daughter, living like Misty was, I'd turn to a child psychologist, (not an adult psychologist), for help. I just would, & think most people, would do the same. But, Hank & Lisa are not your average parents. I think her background, at home, should be run through with a fine tooth comb, her schooling, her life with Ron, the big age difference, his domestic abuse issues, his prior drug issues, everything. show what led this young girl to the this point. get the judge to understand that she was failed by her parents, failed by the education system, (they knew that girl wasn't in school), CPS, (she should've been taken away at a very young age). & Fields needs to explain that is is exactly what happens, when a baby, then a kid, is completely tossed aside, & not cared about. Having her dad admit to his own drug abuse won't be enough. I hope Fields plan is to do this, but I doubt it. I'm scared that he's gonna go along with the cop's, (who are NOT mental health experts), assessment, that Misty is a hardened, incorrigible, carreer criminal. I surely hope not.

Quick question- Was Hank Sr and Lisa in court for Misty like they were for Tommy's sentencing?

I would have fought these charges like crazy! Set-up to the max! An innocent girl may likely be going to prison for 1/4 to 1/2 of her life. She is innocent because: 1) She was USED by RonaldC to purchase and locate drugs; 2) She's just a kid-did NOT know better; 3) She has no positive role models in her life-first a child of drug addicts then a girlfriend/wife of another - her life was doomed years ago; 4) Drug trafficing case was concocted and set up by law enforcement-ENTRAPMENT in an effort to gain knowledge and/or clues into the disappearance of HaLeigh Cummings. There is NO proof that Misty is responsible for the disappearance of this child as she has not been judged guilty of such. I say B.S. to the trafficing charges and her phoney attorney (who's side is he on anyway!)
My math says she will be incarcerated for at least 30 years ... she is just a young girl; mentally just barely 18 yrs old (much closer to a 17 yrs old) and IQ of a child of lesser age. No parents to guide her and help her make adult decisions at this critical time in her life - she is all alone. I truly find it heart-breaking.
I did a stupid thing when I was that age also and today I am thanking God that I am not just getting out of prison as a result of my immaturity and ignorance of reality :(

But, wasn't Hope just in the car ?

No, she was on tape going to a house to buy pills to sell to the uc.
In some cases if you are at the scene where a crime is committed but did not actively participate you can still be charged with the crime. This may be the case with the trafficking charges, I would have to read the statute again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileyKazza
Back